• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
If it does sound like that. it is in no way intentional.

I don't mean to be rude, but it sounds that way to me. It's like the defining traits of a woman are whether she has some arbitrary physical characteristic you find attractive or not.

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh, I know you are young and horny (!) but it freaks me out a bit.

Mistel

Banned
I don't mean to be rude, but it sounds that way to me. It's like the defining traits of a woman are whether she has some arbitrary physical characteristic you find attractive or not.

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh, I know you are young and horny (!) but it freaks me out a bit.
I'm not trying to do that at all but I can see it being interpreted that way. Sorry I freaked you out a bit with my posts about stuff.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm not trying to do that at all but I can see it being interpreted that way. Sorry I freaked you out a bit with my posts about stuff.

That's alright. I know when I was your age and figuring out my sexuality it was crazy, and internet forums are great places for that stuff. I'm a pretty messed up weirdo and BritGAF is a fab community that's possibly the most accepting place on der GAF. Just remember it's ok to post about things other than your sexuality from time to time!

maybe just go and have a wank? :)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
IMO the defining characteristic of a good woman is the ability to make me a damn sammich.

1391040531430.jpg

Mistel

Banned
That's alright. I know when I was your age and figuring out my sexuality it was crazy, and internet forums are great places for that stuff. I'm a pretty messed up weirdo and BritGAF is a fab community that's possibly the most accepting place on der GAF. Just remember it's ok to post about things other than your sexuality from time to time!

maybe just go and have a wank? :)
I've already had like 5 or so this week... My sexuality stuff happen far younger I got interested and it well happened. Not sure when the whole sort of obsession started maybe it was always there?

So what should we talk about then? Cars, MGS, Halo sandbox balancing (I could probably talk people to death with this) or something different?

AcridMeat

Banned
Music! Music will always bring us close together. Whether to embrace, screw, dance, hug, punch, stab, kick, or nod apathetically.

Thin Lizzy
causes a few of those things. I ended one of my radio sets with that specific live version of Cowboy Song. What a lovely night/morning.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What if a man made you a really good sandwich? Would you consider becoming a Pretrosexual?

Men can make an excellent sandwich sure, but only a woman can make a sammich. It's in the gams.

I've already had like 5 or so this week... My sexuality stuff happen far younger I got interested and it well happened. Not sure when the whole sort of obsession started maybe it was always there?

So what should we talk about then? Cars, MGS, Halo sandbox balancing (I could probably talk people to death with this) or something different?

tbh I find the Halo thing interesting but from a totally different angle. This may be an unpopular opinion on a gaming board, but I think that people who play the same game or series year after year to be a bit odd. But, you may say, lots of people do that. Well yes, but lots of people aren't very bright are they?

I like, nay love, Halo. My favourite series I'd say. But I find the notion of playing MP of any of the games regularly for longer than say a couple of months to be a bit fucked in the head. HaloGAF's increasingly hostile reactions to the series over the years reads to me like people who are incapable of accepting change or, more accurately, people who do the exact same thing every day more than is healthy for a person. Goes for all games too. People who proudly say they've spent 500 hours playing DOTA might as well tell me that they have to turn the light switch off and on 20 times before leaving a room. I feel a bit sorry for em tbh.

Which rambling nonsense probably brings me to the point that even though I love Halo, I never really got agitated about any sandbox tweaks. Pretty much always felt like Halo to me, and it was awesome. And then my 360 died :(

Here Jed, watch this informative one minute video. Then you can make your very own:

How to make a tuna sandwich.

Also, lol at "sammich".

I don't know if you know this about me but I literally had tuna sandwiches every day at work for about 6 years. See my thoughts about re: multiplayer gaming and mental illness.

I never said I was perfect.

Mistel

Banned
tbh I find the Halo thing interesting but from a totally different angle. This may be an unpopular opinion on a gaming board, but I think that people who play the same game or series year after year to be a bit odd. But, you may say, lots of people do that. Well yes, but lots of people aren't very bright are they?

I like, nay love, Halo. My favourite series I'd say. But I find the notion of playing MP of any of the games regularly for longer than say a couple of months to be a bit fucked in the head. HaloGAF's increasingly hostile reactions to the series over the years reads to me like people who are incapable of accepting change or, more accurately, people who do the exact same thing every day more than is healthy for a person. Goes for all games too. People who proudly say they've spent 500 hours playing DOTA might as well tell me that they have to turn the light switch off and on 20 times before leaving a room. I feel a bit sorry for em tbh.

Which rambling nonsense probably brings me to the point that even though I love Halo, I never really got agitated about any sandbox tweaks. Pretty much always felt like Halo to me, and it was awesome. And then my 360 died :(
I play it year after year like every couple of days or so... I probably do it far more often than most healthy people and that's probably for a lot of things.

We could accept change when it's just not in the completely wrong direction (reach and 4 scornful glare). I'm one of the more sort of outlying halogafers as I play pretty much btb exclusively pretty much. Did your 360 sacrfice itself to protect you from 4?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I play it year after year like every couple of days or so... I probably do it far more often than most healthy people and that's probably for a lot of things.

We could accept change when it's just not in the completely wrong direction (reach and 4 scornful glare). I'm one of the more sort of outlying halogafers as I play pretty much btb exclusively pretty much. Did your 360 sacrfice itself to protect you from 4?

4 was good yo. Universal sprint was a great idea. And Reach wasn't bad either, that DMR was godly after a while. Trouble was I never had anyone to play with so it got a bit lonely, and I'm fairly sure the year I spent balls deep in CoD playing with mates nearly cost me my relationship so I know when to turn it off these days :p

I think in 4 I did the co-op missions the most, did lots of them solo too. I just really like the combat in all the games, it never really got stale for me.

AcridMeat

Banned
Well I wont tell halogaf that then, I personally liked 3 the most from a vehicular standpoint.

Not that I know what any of you like music wise but Def Leppard?
I know a fair number of halogaf. Sai-Kun is good people. I actually think Halo 3 is the best in the series. My favorite definitely. I've always been partial to Def Leppard's Photograph, despite how hair ballad it is.
Try this Kleerup feat. Robyn for size.

Well I've almost finished my application and I'm just waiting on a phone conversation with my tutor/referee tomorrow..

Wish me luck guys

I've decided to apply for a course

Awesome, if I hadn't gone down the economics route I would have looked at either CS or history. But the former I lacked A level maths (so many doors closed), and the latter I didn't see it offering jobs I was interested in.

You've inspired me to restart my HTML course on Code Academy tomorrow! Would be tonight but I've been watching Breaking Bad S1 whilst playing Pokemon Y....

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Awesome, if I hadn't gone down the economics route I would have looked at either CS or history. But the former I lacked A level maths (so many doors closed), and the latter I didn't see it offering jobs I was interested in.

You've inspired me to restart my HTML course on Code Academy tomorrow! Would be tonight but I've been watching Breaking Bad S1 whilst playing Pokemon Y....

rad!

Could you do me a favour an requote my edited post as I think it might be unwise to broadcast this information on a public forum which I essentially treat as my diary...lol

NinjaBoiX

Wow, you guys are up early!
Wish me luck guys
Good luck fella, I hope you get in mate.
Love this tune, the production is just so damn lush. And Robyn is a cool chick.
Post full fat YouTube links Meat!

My dumbass iPhone just opens an empty page, and I can't even find out what it was meant to be because you didn't tag the link.

qBxfPx6.png

Shenanigans
What are these shenanigans of which you speak Soturi?

Some funky hip-hop for ma peeps this morning:

The Roots - Guns Are Drawn

NinjaBoiX

How do I go about doing that, chief?
OK, in the mobile site there will be a box in the top left (three horizontal lines I think), "desktop site" will be an option at the bottom. Then bookmark it again and it should always take you there.

Don't worry if you click a link, maybe to check it's the right one, and it doesn't load. An embedded link will always load on NeoGAF as long as you press the play button rather than clicking the link. It's magic or summat.

It's a little more of a chew, but you get used to it and they're guaranteed to work! Plus, the mobile site doesn't have all the content for whatever reason. Full fat YT is the only way mane.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
OK, in the mobile site there will be a box in the top left (three horizontal lines I think), "desktop site" will be an option at the bottom. Then bookmark it again and it should always take you there.

Don't worry if you click a link, maybe to check it's the right one, and it doesn't load. An embedded link will always load on NeoGAF as long as you press the play button rather than clicking the link. It's magic or summat.

It's a little more of a chew, but you get used to it and they're guaranteed to work! Plus, the mobile site doesn't have all the content for whatever reason. Full fat YT is the only way mane.

Nice one, Ninj. I shall tinker!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yep. Can't wait to play it. My copy should arrive tomorrow, PS3 version though. :/ I'll most likely have a PS4 by the time The Phantom Pain comes out though.

9 out of 10 in Edge. I'm interested now. It does look great though and lots of fun to watch someone play. Big Boss's outfit is very shiny. Let me know what you think!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Indeedy. Most of the time they're right too. Probably the only reviewers I can implicitly trust...

...which probably makes me some kind of wanka'.

I felt that way until they gave 9 to AC4 (which has become my bete noire as a demo of everything wrong with games) but they're good at explaining what's good and bad about a game in a really clear and well-thought way. There's loads of good game journos though. I might do a thread over on gaming side about it tonight.

When it comes to reviews, I usually go off the serious and miserable buggers at Edge and Polygon with IGN for some 'yay boom game shiny! 'positivity (they remind me of the reviews at the film mag Empire a bit 'hype hype yay boom film shiny!' and then two years later 'film boo poo poo we wrong sad face')

Mike - when it first came out it was mind boggling. I still get it every month out of loyalty and habit (like being a member of the Pearl Jam fan club!) but I tend to use it mostly as a mat for cups of tea after I've skimmed through.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Speak of the devil:

I think the only magazine I read regularly is national geographic I've got a hundred or so of them.

There are words in National Geographic? I did not know :)

I felt that way until they gave 9 to AC4

They did...? Yeesh. I only bought AC4 cos it was cheap and, y'know, pirates. Boat stuff is nice but goddamned it's boring. I should've known really, every AssCreed has bored me to tears.

they're good at explaining what's good and bad about a game in a really clear and well-thought way. There's loads of good game journos though. I might do a thread over on gaming side about it tonight.

When it comes to reviews, I usually go off the serious and miserable buggers at Edge and Polygon with IGN for some 'yay boom game shiny! 'positivity (they remind me of the reviews at the film mag Empire a bit 'hype hype yay boom film shiny!' and then two years later 'film boo poo poo we wrong sad face')

You see, I only read Eurogamer (although they fucked me with Far Cry 3), EDGE and occasionally RPS (I don't have a decent PC but they always seem quite amusing). More fool me for not checking the names at the bottom...

I trust some opinions of GAF more than any others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom