• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
ha yeah me too! I got all excited when I found out about it and then was a bit disheartened when I found I was late to a very hipster art movement which makes me a terrible hipster.

I'm a hipster in all but my timing. I'm like the Anti-Bowie.

I chose to ignore that. Scott trying to add something to his latest pap by tying it into his prime.

Prometheus in a nutshell there.

Hahaha! Spot on.

Hystzen

Just played about an hour or so of Infamous:second son seems vastly better then past 2 already. Delsin has a personality (dat Troy Baker) and fluid gameplay

It so prettttyyyy also

cynostic

Totally didn't realise there was a Brit community. I'm totally from these isles too, fellas. Can I join in?

When is your birthday: 30/12/92 (I'm still a youngling)
Where do you live: London
Where are you from: London
What do you do: I'm a civil engineer of sorts
What is your quest: to earn mad monies and own cool things
Favourite actor/actress: David Tennant
Favourite band/artist: Don't really have a favourite, but Muse I listen to the most I guess
Favourite TV show: The Walking Dead
Favourite crisps: Pringles BBQ
Favourite biscuit: I love a good chocolate hobnob with my tea. Though those new gooey ones are damn fantastic.
Least favourite Pokémon: Unown. Them bastards lived in my younger nightmares. Tried to catch the entire alphabet at one point. Never again.
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalagmites
How do you cut your sandwiches: I don't. Man up and eat the whole damn thing (too hungry by that point to bother)

Just played about an hour or so of Infamous:second son seems vastly better then past 2 already. Delsin has a personality (dat Troy Baker) and fluid gameplay

It so prettttyyyy also

Picking it up after work today, should be sweet.

Totally didn't realise there was a Brit community. I'm totally from these isles too, fellas. Can I join in?

Favourite band/artist: Don't really have a favourite, but Muse I listen to the most I guess
Favourite biscuit: I love a good chocolate hobnob with my tea. Though those new gooey ones are damn fantastic.
Least favourite Pokémon: Unown. Them bastards lived in my younger nightmares. Tried to catch the entire alphabet at one point. Never again.
How do you cut your sandwiches: I don't. Man up and eat the whole damn thing (too hungry by that point to bother)

Wilkommen

You're by no means the youngest here so don't worry.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

21 from London? You'll fit in well.

Also chocolate hob nobs are da shit. What are the gooey ones though?? My tea needs to know.

Mistel

Banned
I don't think I'm very welcome in here, so I'm not going to post anymore. I've been honest only to have my whole identity questioned and insulted by people.

Son Of D

Welcome to BritGAF. I wouldn't say you're a youngling... maybe. A year and a bit younger than me but a fair few people here are. I actually wonder what the average age of BritGAF members is. At the bolded I say good man. I'm a bit of a Muse nut myself.

I don't think I'm very welcome in here, so I'm not going to post anymore. I've been honest only to have my whole identity questioned and insulted by people.

Like I said to you yesterday, try to see it from our perspective.

You're more than welcome here, however if you don't feel comfortable then you only have yourself to blame.

Just be yourself.

NinjaBoiX

Screw them man, hang around. Just do how you do innit.
Like I said to you yesterday, try to see it from our perspective.

You're more than welcome here, however if you don't feel comfortable then you only have yourself to blame.

Just be yourself.
Yeah, of course.

:|

cynostic

Wilkommen

You're by no means the youngest here so don't worry.

Thanks. And that's good.

21 from London? You'll fit in well.

Also chocolate hob nobs are da shit. What are the gooey ones though?? My tea needs to know.

Yess. They are literally one of the best dunkin' biscuits. And these mofos are the gooey goodness. Bit expensive though:

21258_maryland-gooeys.gif

Welcome to BritGAF. I wouldn't say you're a youngling... maybe. A year and a bit younger than me but a fair few people here are. I actually wonder what the average age of BritGAF members is. At the bolded I say good man. I'm a bit of a Muse nut myself.

Heh. Well I work with people who are mostly 35 upwards, so I certainly feel young. And yeah they're fantastic. Went to see them at the O2 once, mind blowing experience.

Hystzen

And yeah they're fantastic. Went to see them at the O2 once, mind blowing experience.

I'm sorry to hear this news now every band you see live after does not compare.

I been fan muse for 12+years and it really is unfair to compare other bands to them after seeing them live.

cynostic

Stormtrooper pls you're making us look bad in front of the new guy

Cynostic don't worry, we're not usually such drama llamas

Haha, that is a great expression. I have no idea what is going on.

I'm sorry to hear this news now every band you see live after does not compare.

I been fan muse for 12+years and it really is unfair to compare other bands to them after seeing them live.

This is really true. Like far too much. I've been to a couple of concerts more recently and it's just like. Gawd. Where are the cool light shows. They had a cool pyramid of screens for 2nd Law tour which went up and down over each other, must have cost them a hell of a lot to do, but it's nice they put so much effort into it.

Wait, who exactly has insulted you?
And yes, your identity may have been called into question, but only due to your posts. In fact your objectification of women has made other members in here feel uncomfortable.

Positive contribution in this thread is always welcomed and encouraged. Some of us have a tendency to joke around with each other, which may come across as being mean but is never intended as such, and if you have taken offence to anything anyone has said then that's a shame. We don't know you, so nothing is meant to be taken personally.

Why don't we start over, clean slate, and see if we can all just get along yes?

Edit: also welcome cynostic!

Son Of D

Heh. Well I work with people who are mostly 35 upwards, so I certainly feel young. And yeah they're fantastic. Went to see them at the O2 once, mind blowing experience.

They are great live. Saw them when they did the Teignmouth gigs back in 2009. So good.

NinjaBoiX

Whoah, what crazy drama did I miss? Everyone make up or something.

Let's bond over how fucking awesome RAID 2 looks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iz3992JoJ4
My fucking man!

This movie will be the nuts, I can't wait. The reviews are crazy positive.
Mo drama.

Why is Sploat banned btw?
Short requested ban RE: shenanigans. She got in touch with me to say it won't be long.

Don't worry Steven, MancGAF isn't disbanding. In fact, booking train tickets tonight for another mini-meet/hopefully job interviews for late May.

Aww.

Yiss.

Boyee!

AcridMeat

Banned
Cool. Lay it on me and I'll have a pogger tonight.
Well you see my dear Scream, it all started with the likes of Pretty Hate Machine. This is one of my favorite performances of that era. Then you get along a few years and Trent blew the minds of everyone at Woodstock 94. Understandable if you don't have the time or patience to watch the entire thing, but it's absolutely incredible.

There's some funky amazing stuff like Into The Void .

Then you have some amazing production in recent years. Ghosts I-IV is a great album for ambient tunes. Check 34 as an example. That one starts as though it's a Portishead song. Fantastic. Speaking of ambient, Leaving Hope absolutely kills me from Still. I've said it somewhere before, maybe just talking to friends about NIN, but I know Trent likes to play In This Twilight to end gigs, and will probably opt for it to end his final concert ever. But I think Leaving Hope would be so incredibly emotional and bring me to tears. If he was left alone on the piano as everyone else leaves and then there's nothing.

Sorry a bit of a tirade there.

There's other extremely powerful tracks like And All That Could Have Been

As people have said listen to The Downward Spiral. A song from that that doesn't get mentioned nearly enough is A Warm Place.

Enjoy. Definitely one of, if not my favorite, musicians out there. I said producers initially but then remembered Aphex Twin.
Wholeheartedly agree Jed. In high school we had a class where each day a different student would bring in a song and we would project the lyrics and listen to it. I chose 1979.
Aww yes! Can't get enough of Andrew WK. Never cared much for his music until I went to a live show of his and holy shit! I partied hard that night. Did you know he owns a nightclub in NYC Acrid? Curious to see what it's like.

Also, Andrew WK Piano intro songs and no mention of Never Let Down? tsk tsk :p
No shit I didn't know! We gotta peep that man! Haha fair dues on Never Let Down. I just wanted to give I Get Wet it's dues as the best.

edit: Catching up on the thread more. Stormtrooper should feel welcome to post however they want if they aren't aggressive to anyone which they haven't been. I think people are just wary especially with the Sats situation that happened not that long ago.

Another thing, I was incredibly excited for Prometheus. It was not a good film. Sorely disappointed. Still have hopes of The Forever War which Ridley Scott is supposedly making.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
If cynostic is youngling what the hell am I

For people interested in leaving the clique I am drawing up plans for my very own community

TashGAF |OT1| Slightly Unsafe For Work Pics Allowed, also London is shit

Son Of D

If cynostic is youngling what the hell am I

For people interested in leaving the clique I am drawing up plans for my very own community

TashGAF |OT1| Slightly Unsafe For Work Pics Allowed, also London is shit

I'm fond of "We talk total bollocks in here. Sometimes post pictures of them as well"

jimbor

Banned
A lot of people sure are acting high and mighty in here all of a sudden.

GafMum has broken, like the first GafMum
Welsh bird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the drama, praise for the gaf mama
Praise for the venom fresh from the nerd

I've been listening to Cat Stevens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom