• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The best English.

Played MGS Ground Zeroes...GOOD GOD AT THE ENDING! Just when it seemed like I was at my most apathetic towards the franchise, Kojima manages to pull me back in.

I was agog and aghast, all at once.

Everything about that game is masterfully done (well, except the length). I can't believe my 360 is running it with nary a technical hitch.

SteveWD40

Short requested ban RE: shenanigans. She got in touch with me to say it won't be long.

Don't worry Steven, MancGAF isn't disbanding. In fact, booking train tickets tonight for another mini-meet/hopefully job interviews for late May.

Aww.

Yiss.

Boyee!

Cool, will actually plan something this time, maybe we can go to that place with Cheez and broaden our horizons...

Steeeeeve come to Newcastllllllllle next weeeeeeeek I want to meeeeeeeeeeet you!

Sooooooorrry bbbuuuuutttt I haaaaavve ppllaaaaaannnss.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Double post because i dont give a fuck

4 days off and I think I'm going to binge on coding lessons and touch typing lessons, wish me luck

Reknoc

The best English.

Played MGS Ground Zeroes...GOOD GOD AT THE ENDING! Just when it seemed like I was at my most apathetic towards the franchise, Kojima manages to pull me back in.

yea same, soon as the credits were rolling I was all "I NEED PHANTOM PAIN NOW!!"

but having had time to think about it, and seeing what Ground Zeroes has done (srs story bro, portable ops evacs) I hope uh, The Phantom Pain shares little with Ground Zeroes outside of the open map and controls

Xun

After going to Byron again last night, it's amazing just how much better Honest Burgers/Patty & Bun are. The meat, the chips, and above all else the price.

It's a good burger, but Byron is a fucking ripoff. That and I'd only really put it just above T.G.I. in quality, it's just not worth it.

Also I'd love to play Ground Zeroes, but I just don't see it worth paying that much for the game.

Hopefully it'll come down in price.

Reknoc

I wasn't even going to bother with ground zeroes until I had a PS4 but I was swayed by the peace walker HD pre order bundle. Definitely glad I got peace walker with it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Also I'd love to play Ground Zeroes, but I just don't see it worth paying that much for the game.

Hopefully it'll come down in price.

It's excellent. If you're just buying it to play the story mission once through, don't bother. If you're up for having a map and a load of cool systems to mess about with, as well as the other missions and story content, I'd say it's definitely worth it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
MGS games tend to drop in price so you might as well wait.

I still need to play 4. Odd it never got a Subxxxxxxx release like 2 and 3.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I was agog and aghast, all at once.

Everything about that game is masterfully done (well, except the length). I can't believe my 360 is running it with nary a technical hitch.
Really? No framerate drops? Well, last gen's got some legs left, if the games are optimised well.

yea same, soon as the credits were rolling I was all "I NEED PHANTOM PAIN NOW!!"

but having had time to think about it, and seeing what Ground Zeroes has done (srs story bro, portable ops evacs) I hope uh, The Phantom Pain shares little with Ground Zeroes outside of the open map and controls
I much rather they get rid of how fast the health regenerates. I mean, I'm certain we're capable of being patient for our health to regenerate slowly, like in previous games.

Also, this song will now forever be stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T--JS16uSV8

Reknoc

Really? No framerate drops? Well, last gen's got some legs left, if the games are optimised well.

I much rather they get rid of how fast the health regenerates. I mean, I'm certain we're capable of being patient for our health to regenerate slowly, like in previous games.

Also, this song will now forever be stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T--JS16uSV8

previous games had instant healing though, since you'd just pop a ration...

man did ground zeroes even have items? pretty sure it didn't. starting to get a little worried about TPP now :/

cynostic

So tempting to buy it... I want the Phantom Pain to come out first though before I even get a PS4. It's release date is like a year away right? Should be plenty out by then for me to wade through.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
CHEEZMO™;105387050 said:

XP7FKV3.gif

Rich!

I'm gonna go to KFC tomorrow for the first time in 4 years

am I gonna regret it? for reference, I'm getting my old favourite, the zinger tower burger. I don't even remember what it tastes like

am I gonna regret it? for reference, I'm getting my old favourite, the zinger tower burger. I don't even remember what it tastes like

I always stick with either types of the chicken buckets. You'll regret it at the end of the day though, the chicken is always dry and pretty nasty then.

cynostic

Man KFC is the bomb when you've had a good night out. I wouldn't go near it sober though.

NinjaBoiX

KFC is whack, I don't get the appeal. I'll happily chow down on MaccyD's or Burger King, but KFC is always a disappointment.

The chicken is fine I suppose but overly greasy (hard to really fuck up chicken especially as it's the only thing on the menu) but the buns always seem to be a few days past their best and taste yeasty, the sauces they use are far too sweet (I thought she'd used ice cream syrup by accident once, for reals) and the fries are limp and aenemic.

2/10
(Grand Budapest Hotel) Fantastic film. Visually stunning.
Definitely fancy that one chief.

Rich!

KFC is whack, I don't get the appeal. I'll happily chow down on MaccyD's or Burger King, but KFC is always a disappointment.

The chicken is fine I suppose but overly greasy (hard to really fuck up chicken especially as it's the only thing on the menu) but the buns always seem to be a few days past their best and taste yeasty, the sauces they use are far too sweet (I thought she'd used ice cream syrup by accident once, for reals) and the fries are limp and aenemic.

You just reminded me why I havent been there for 4 years

we're going to mcdonalds now, and I'm getting a chicken legend. yes!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Never had a KFC burger. If I do get one it's always a bucket. Chips are honestly the worst. Better off going to some no brand chicken place when it comes to chips and they just fry up some super market own brands.

Honestly, McD's crispy fried chicken is superior just a shame they don't apply it to real chicken pieces rather than ground up chicken shapes.

Really should learn to make my own fried chicken because honestly getting it from KFC or a local chicken place just makes one feel guilty afterwards.

Rich!

Really should learn to make my own fried chicken because honestly getting it from KFC or a local chicken place just makes one feel guilty afterwards.

One of my favourite meals to make are crispy per-peri (or whatever spice you want) chicken burgers. Here's my recipe for one burger:

- 1 Chicken breast (decent size)
- Crispy coating (can get a 90p pouch from tesco or use breadcrumbs)
- Spicy Sauce (nando's peri peri sauce is a good one, or whatever you prefer)
- Lettuce
- Emmental cheese (or whatever you prefer)
- Decent rolls. Not those shitty fucking burger rolls - you need decent fucking baps, lad
- Mayo

So yeah, get some fucking sauce and dip the motherfucking chicken in it. Fucking get that chicken and ram it into the crispy coating, bitch. Get some more sauce if you feel like it, but make sure its decently covered in dat crispy coating, yo

fucking shove it onto a greased motherfucking pan and whack it into that bitchin oven for 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees shitting celcius, not bloody farenheit you silly yank

fucking get that bread roll bap thing and slice it open SLIIIIIICE

fucking get that chicken out, slap it on the bread, add lettuce and cheese and mayo and shit. fuck, get some extra hot sauce if you want

take a bite and oh man its so good

tender and crisp

fuck

oh and its healthy too

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
One of my favourite meals to make are crispy per-peri (or whatever spice you want) chicken burgers. Here's my recipe for one burger:

oh and its healthy too

Mmmmmmmmmm

I do similar but I cook it on the hob to get that lovely fried texture. Shit is yum. Home breaded chicken is delicious.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have my own card but it is on a shared account so I have idea if using it as any impact on my credit history or not.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Things are better, although there are still no trains at the moment. They've given us a date of 4th or 5th of April for when they'll be done but I have doubts it'll be finished by then.

That sounds awfully close. Too close to be real. I have a dentist's appointment on the 7th and that feels too close for comfort as well.

Once it does get finished, and has been stable and not fallen into the sea again for a couple of weeks, I fancy taking a trip down that way as I've never ridden that line and it looks awesome. Can't be arsed to go all the way to Penzance though, so you likely to be around if I just pop into Dawlish instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom