• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
Come to Surrey so I can leech your life force
tumblr_lveeozurXh1qb7dheo1_500.png

Are you going to seduce him first too?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Mike is BGAF's sloppy party bottom, we've all had a turn.

BGBW, tell us tales of Japan! Where are you, what are you doing over there?

Mikeside

... I am in Surrey!

And Tash, I'd go to Portsmouth, but the life I'm building is already half in London.
I have friends, a girlfriend and interests all ready and waiting for me there.

Plus I'm gonna want to move in with Z in 6 months.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
... I am in Surrey!

And Tash, I'd go to Portsmouth, but the life I'm building is already half in London.
I have friends, a girlfriend and interests all ready and waiting for me there.

Plus I'm gonna want to move in with Z in 6 months.

Were I you I'd look for something in the close commuter belt (Kingston, Woking etc) rather than central London, it's sooooo pricey otherwise.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
whatsapp crossover topic:

BGAF, describe your recent dreams.

Last night I dreamt I was in New York (Aldershot high street standing on for it) and went to buy comics from a weird impossible shop. All I had on me were two 50p pieces though.

How about you guys?

8bit

Knows the Score
I dreamed of a diamond heist, the odd thing was not the meticulous planning rather the fact that the budget king in which we organised it was run by kirstie Allie & Paula Abdul.

Ps I am in a workshop. I want to die.

Ashes

Banned
I had a dream recently, where I was sat watching birds fluttering about in the dawn sky. And I flittered between this and another scene at another lake, where I was on a boat, fishing, and I would look at the lake and see a very old version of my self. This second scene, for a lack of a better word, felt miserable.

Don't know what it really means. First thing I thought of was to try and make a story out of it. And since then, it's changed a bit, and it's about an old man who I suppose wants to be young and carefree again, and see the universe with bright innocent eyes. but can't reverse time etc.

Regardless of that, that initial dream, and what it felt like for me is as stated in the first paragraph above. Perhaps it has no meaning. And my subconscious likes to write stories just as much as I do in my waking life.

Qasiel

BGAF, describe your recent dreams.

Ok, so here's mine from the other night:

Me, Bruce Willis and Pierce Brosnan had to stop some bad people (possibly terrorists) from starting World War 3. We had to split up and take different missions, so I had to jump out of a plane and land on another (which I wasn't too happy about), whilst the others had to fly up to a floating city (think Columbia from Bioshock Infinite).

Needless to say, I became a Navy SEAL (must have been an American operation), had a go at my Nan who thought I was doing something stupid and dangerous, jumped on the plane, shot the bad guys, rescued Batman's sidekick Robin who was on the plane for some reason, made out with a hot redhead (who was also on the plane for some reason), and blew up the plane.

As I was parachuting down, however, we found out that Pierce Brosnan was the main bad guy all along and that Bruce Willis was in trouble.

All in all, a pretty awesome dream.

SteveWD40

Me, Bruce Willis and Pierce Brosnan had to stop some bad people (possibly terrorists) from starting World War 3. We had to split up and take different missions, so I had to jump out of a plane and land on another (which I wasn't too happy about), whilst the others had to fly up to a floating city (think Columbia from Bioshock Infinite).

Needless to say, I became a Navy SEAL (must have been an American operation), had a go at my Nan who thought I was doing something stupid and dangerous, jumped on the plane, shot the bad guys, rescued Batman's sidekick Robin who was on the plane for some reason, made out with a hot redhead (who was also on the plane for some reason), and blew up the plane.

As I was parachuting down, however, we found out that Pierce Brosnan was the main bad guy all along and that Bruce Willis was in trouble.

If we lived in Inception world I would be paying a subscription to hang out in your dreams.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
This is amazing

This is also pretty amazing/awesome

jimbor

Banned
Were I you I'd look for something in the close commuter belt (Kingston, Woking etc) rather than central London, it's sooooo pricey otherwise.

I hadn't even thought about Woking, but that could actually work...

Hmm.

Fuck, I have such big decisions to make in 2014.

If you're going to live in London, do it properly at least for a while. Fucking about with tinpot commuter towns isn't living in London. When you take the extortionate fares and travel time into account, there's not as much of a difference as you think.

SteveWD40

Hey Steve, how's the new job going? Enjoying being the bossman?

It's going great thanks mate, but I am not the bossman, that's just a discussion we had and I think it's a long term thing. I think I am enjoying it more because I am not le boss frankly...

Team has good banter though which is the main thing.

I still think you should move to Portsmouth

Sup brah! how's it?! Post pics ffs!

What have you done to your beautiful username cucumber, I am upset.

How do you know it's me?

It is me

Edit:

Changed it to be consistent with my new PSN ID. I had to think of a username on Christmas morning and panicked.

You are quite skilled at picking random yet fitting usernames then! Your new one is propa bo

Ah cheers Jed :)

I regretted it after because I'm pretty sure there's already someone in BritGaf with a quiche-based name. But surely this place is big enough for the both of us?

Oh! And while I remember:

I like GraphicAudio's stuff a lot, it's a hybrid between an audiobook and a play. Ones I really liked:
Mistborn: The Final Empire - Part One
Marvel Universe: Civil War
Batman: No Man's Land - Part One (Highly Recommended, sogood.gif)

TetraxShards! Thanks so much for this recommendation! Exactly what I was looking for and really entertaining. I've got another long drive this weekend where I'll be listening to Part 2 (so no spoilers pls!). Definitely merits the sogood.gif

so_good.gif

Mikeside

I regretted it after because I'm pretty sure there's already someone in BritGaf with a quiche-based name. But surely this place is big enough for the both of us?

Oh! And while I remember:

TetraxShards! Thanks so much for this recommendation! Exactly what I was looking for and really entertaining. I've got another long drive this weekend where I'll be listening to Part 2 (so no spoilers pls!). Definitely merits the sogood.gif

so_good.gif

You're thinking of PrematureQuiche, except he's hardly ever in here :(
He'd be happy to share with you, though, I'm sure.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
On the way home I decided to create a blog, I think I'm gonna use it like a diary and as a reference to log my progress with life and shit, has anyone else done this?
This was Martin Luther King's first draft.
lol
How do you know it's me?

It is me

Edit:

Changed it to be consistent with my new PSN ID. I had to think of a username on Christmas morning and panicked.

That is an acceptable reason

jimbor

Banned
On the way home I decided to create a blog, I think I'm gonna use it like a diary and as a reference to log my progress with life and shit, has anyone else done this?

lol

That is an acceptable reason

If it stops you making posts like this here, I'm all for it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Acrid, I read your post, you magnificent bastard. I liked the one from Downward Spiral and the funky one, but nothing grabbed me by the nuts, I'm afraid. I needed to be part of the NIN thing as it grew to appreciate it properly. I do however appreciate the effort you put in though, sir! I'll always love his cover of Dead Souls. Was an interesting ride regardless.

I didn't watch the hour and a half gig, but did skip through it. I recognised him being covered in mud from an old poster.

EDIT: Forgot to say, it wasn't what I expected. It was much more friendly sounding than I would've thought. Guy can definitely write a quality song.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hey Jedeye you know you said about lost girls, you might like Milo Manara's work like Gullivera for example.

Yeah I've read some of his stuff, it's pretty good but I find his women look a little brittle for my tastes. Along the same lines, check out Giuseppe Manunta, he's really great. Dirty comics are neat. The Japanese took it too far perhaps.

so_good.gif

Just popped in to see what's the latest with BritGAF, and I see this.

Glad you enjoyed it man. I'm a big fan of GraphicAudio's stuff and No Man's Land is one of their best.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah I've read some of his stuff, it's pretty good but I find his women look a little brittle for my tastes. Along the same lines, check out Giuseppe Manunta, he's really great. Dirty comics are neat. The Japanese took it too far perhaps.
Giuseppe Manunta stuff is amazing Giunchigla looks right up my alley I just need to find somewhere to get it. I've never actually seen much Japanese stuff how extreme is it?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Giuseppe Manunta stuff is amazing Giunchigla looks right up my alley I just need to find somewhere to get it. I've never actually seen much Japanese stuff how extreme is it?

I have no idea where to buy Manunta's stuff either, it appears to mostly only be printed in Italian which is a crying shame, his art is so good I'd be happy to have it in a nice format, I absolutely love his watercolour style. However, you can still read most of his stuff in English online if you have a good dig for it (been a few years since I burned through it all).

Hentai is like spelunking in the dark caves of sexual perversion. Some of it is incredible, lots of it seems to be either a bit rapey or incesty or both. I look at it the same way I looked on Lost Girls which is that I understand it's a work of imagination and treat it as such but some of it even pushes my squick buttons. However, some of it is super good. I read this one once (can't remember the name right now) about a boy with a detachable cock who is bullied by three girls, each of which has a different perversion. It's quite possibly the most far out, hilarious and comprehensive string of perversions I've ever come across (har har pun). But it's still pretty weird.

Mistel

Banned
I have no idea where to buy Manunta's stuff either, it appears to mostly only be printed in Italian which is a crying shame, his art is so good I'd be happy to have it in a nice format, I absolutely love his watercolour style. However, you can still read most of his stuff in English online if you have a good dig for it (been a few years since I burned through it all).

Hentai is like spelunking in the dark caves of sexual perversion. Some of it is incredible, lots of it seems to be either a bit rapey or incesty or both. I look at it the same way I looked on Lost Girls which is that I understand it's a work of imagination and treat it as such but some of it even pushes my squick buttons. However, some of it is super good. I read this one once (can't remember the name right now) about a boy with a detachable cock who is bullied by three girls, each of which has a different perversion. It's quite possibly the most far out, hilarious and comprehensive string of perversions I've ever come across (har har pun). But it's still pretty weird.
Now that sounds interesting, but that is the nature of the beast as hentai goes. Not much really phases me but some of it is just too much like the mutilation stuff.

I'll have a look around though for the English stuff though. I mean it's probably worth getting for the art itself.

Just popped in to see what's the latest with BritGAF, and I see this.

Glad you enjoyed it man. I'm a big fan of GraphicAudio's stuff and No Man's Land is one of their best.

Good timing :)

I'm actually looking forward to Friday to finish it off (all through the first half I was thinking "When is the Joker going to do something?" - he's introduced at the start and then just disappears!)

NML is just a neat concept. I don't think it'd work trying to show it on the big screen, but the voice actors do a great job and you can just let your imagination run wild.

Was cooking sum foolz on Battlefield last night, decided to fiddle with the audio on the PS4 and realised that with headphones plugged into the Dualshock 4 I could get all the game audio to come out of headphones plugged into the controller. Never knew you could do that.

I don't know why this was a revelation to me, it makes perfect sense. Made the game much more enjoyable as well despite all the bugs.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Good timing :)

I'm actually looking forward to Friday to finish it off (all through the first half I was thinking "When is the Joker going to do something?" - he's introduced at the start and then just disappears!)

NML is just a neat concept. I don't think it'd work trying to show it on the big screen, but the voice actors do a great job and you can just let your imagination run wild.

If you like it, do yourself a favour and read the comics, they're some of the best Batman stuff ever, and head and shoulders above most stuff from that era.

And no spoilers but Joker most definitely has a big impact by the time the story ends...!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Loves me some Manara. Dude knows the female form.

Huh. That'd be kinda cool. I'd use mine like a duelling glove.

The best thing about it is that he can still feel it while it's detached, so while one girl is using it like a toy with a stick-on base, he's all "ooOOooOOoo" in class. hilarious. Those crazy Japanese folks and their school shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom