• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well played Tash! Portsmouth was actually my backup uni, I really liked the campus.

Right now I'm on a train down to Eastbourne from London. A small plane, not much bigger than a little Cessna 152 or something (maybe it was one, I don't know) just potted along perpendicular to the train but so low. It looked so cool - what a day for it eh? It's lovely out there in southern England right now.

That said, I'm utterly hanging today. We had some work leaving "lunch" yesterday so the tab was open from about 3pm til... well it's probably still open now. Christ. It's amazing how thirsty you get when you discover you don't have to pay for anything. The dude just came along on the train with the food cart thing and I begged him for all his water. Drown me, Harrowgate Spring Water. Get in me. UGh

SKINNER!

Banned
Started listening. Got bored, stopped listening.

I really do try guys, I just find this sorta stuff so dull.

But then I was mostly listening to Korn on the way home.

Can't beat a bit of Korn :p
I'm usually in a different state of mind when it comes to listening to stuff like Chvrches, Junip or daughter etc. I usually listen to it at work as a way to keep calm and stress free. Punk, metal and hard rock is great for post- work especially when you're leaving the office :D

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone any idea how well The Stick of Truth will run on a laptop with an i3 @ 2.1GHz and Intel 3000 graphics?

Anyone any idea how well The Stick of Truth will run on a laptop with an i3 @ 2.1GHz and Intel 3000 graphics?

From the Steam store page:
Minimum:
OS: WindowsXP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2180 @ 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ @ 2.0 GHz
Memory: 2 GB GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD2600XT (512MB VRAM with Shader Model 4.0 or higher)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

I don't think you'll be able to run it. I'd say the GFX card will be your undoing.

Can always try Can You Run It?, it's not 100% accurate but I find it helpful.

SmokyDave

Just wrote my first Mother's Day card on behalf of the little 'un. Feels good, man.

As an aside, I think my kid looks like Kentpaul:

image.jpg

Little bit worrying.

So after all the bitching and complaining from Northern Gaf about the meets always being in London, we finally do a Northern meet.

Total of Southern Gaf turnout = 7.
Total of Northern Gaf turnout = 2.

I'll say no more.

Oh, apart from Newcastle is actually alright despite the fog, gloom, greyness, cold and not being able to understand anyone.

SteveWD40

So after all the bitching and complaining from Northern Gaf about the meets always being in London, we finally do a Northern meet.

I'll say no more.

Oh, apart from Newcastle is actually alright despite the fog, gloom, greyness, cold and not being able to understand anyone.

You should have come to the only Northern city, it was glorious here yesterday.

8bit

Knows the Score
Since you guys have a big love for sourcing music, does anyone have recommendations for music similar to that from Vitalic, and Disclosure?

Vitalic is a bit Electroclashy/French Filter IMO so...: The Hacker, Miss Kittin, Zongamin, Tiga, Boys Noize, Teenage Bad Girl, Mr Oizo, MSTRKRFT, Justice, Jackson & his Computer Band. Simian Mobile Disco, Digitalism

Disclosure kind of Grimy Modern UK Garage : AlunaGeorge, Jessie Ware, Katy B, Sampha, Totally Extinct Enormous Dinosaurs, Duke Dumont, Tensnake

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

I'll say no more.

shots fired

FreeChicken

Neo Member

I'll say no more.

While fog is kinda common it is rarely this severe. Consider yourself lucky.

Vitalic is a bit Electroclashy/French Filter IMO so...: The Hacker, Miss Kittin, Zongamin, Tiga, Boys Noize, Teenage Bad Girl, Mr Oizo, MSTRKRFT, Justice, Jackson & his Computer Band. Simian Mobile Disco, Digitalism

Disclosure kind of Grimy Modern UK Garage : AlunaGeorge, Jessie Ware, Katy B, Sampha, Totally Extinct Enormous Dinosaurs, Duke Dumont, Tensnake

Awesome, thank you! I'll start checking those out later!

AcridMeat

Banned

Really good list for both.

I'll add Danger for Vitalic and SBTRKT for Disclosure

Rich!

haha oh man

I just bought a Super Game Boy 2 from ebay. Firstly I made a best offer of £10, and then thought "fuck it, I'll just do buy it now" and bought it for £12. Figured that waiting would be silly. So I paid for it, all done, awesome.

I now just got an email saying that the buyer has accepted my best offer of £10. oops

Ashes

Banned
haha oh man

I just bought a Super Game Boy 2 from ebay. Firstly I made a best offer of £10, and then thought "fuck it, I'll just do buy it now" and bought it for £12. Figured that waiting would be silly. So I paid for it, all done, awesome.

I now just got an email saying that the buyer has accepted my best offer of £10. oops

Have you bought any games for it yet?

Rich!

Have you bought any games for it yet?

I've got a shitload of Game Boy games to use on it.

but...I've made a huge mistake

if that image isn't clear enough, I've basically somehow bought the item twice! fuck!!

I've sent a message to the seller explaining and requesting him to cancel it, but still. goddamnit! I may have to just keep it and sell it when I get it.

Ok who killed the thread? It's been damn quiet in here the last few days.

What's going on peeps? It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, I'm more or less recovered from the Newcastle meet. What's going on in your lives BritGaf?

Qasiel

I went outside. It was overrated so I went back indoors.

Will be going skateboarding later on, in the meantime it's a playlist creation, paying bills kinda day

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, did jimbor fart in here or something?

Things are pretty good in my world this week. Felt rough as hell on Sunday after basically no sleep and too much alcohol, I was on a bit of a downer truth be told! But I got my head down for a few hours after you guys left then the lads came round about tea time and helped pull my head out of my arse.

Yesterday I did the Mother's Day thing as all I could really muster was a phone call on Sunday. Bought her a big bunch of flowers 'cos I'm just that original. She started crying, bless her! She's mint Pat, been a proper bona fide mother goose over the years.

Today I'm back at graft, catching up on a load of shit, but it's all good.

Glad to see you're a bit more chipper Musha!

Enjoy the skating Qasiel, I'd love to be able to skate.

Mikeside

I think Sunday was generally a downer day, Ninj.
I was feeling rough as a bager's arsehole all day (after a pretty fucking fantastic night), throw in 8 hours trekking the land & worrying about my car and you end up with a pretty miserable Mikeside.

I spent all of Monday in a bit of a funk, so decided to make the journey into London to spend a few hours with Z - she cooked up a chilli and we snuggled up & watched Game of Thrones.

Instant better mood. That girl really knows how to put a smile on this face.

Super jealous of her new flat, though. She's tied in until October, so we're treating that as "this is when we'll get a place together". Can. Not. Wait.

It was a good weekend but it wiped me out. Felt like I deserved a leg up on Sunday night so got myself a Domino's with that hot dog stuff crust. A pizza encircled in frankfurters: ridiculous but delicious.

Might see Noah later, Can't say No to Rusell Crowe.

Also looking forward to new series of GoT in a weeks time and The Raid 2 hits cinemas a week after that.

All in all it's a good month to bombard my mind with visual stimuli

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Number of people in Japan I've seen with a 3DS - a gazillion (some kids even using it to take photos!)
Number of people in Japan I've seen with a Vita - zero. Sorry Dave. Maybe Tokyo holds better news.

jimbor

Banned
Yeah, did jimbor fart in here or something?

Things are pretty good in my world this week. Felt rough as hell on Sunday after basically no sleep and too much alcohol, I was on a bit of a downer truth be told! But I got my head down for a few hours after you guys left then the lads came round about tea time and helped pull my head out of my arse.

Yesterday I did the Mother's Day thing as all I could really muster was a phone call on Sunday. Bought her a big bunch of flowers 'cos I'm just that original. She started crying, bless her! She's mint Pat, been a proper bona fide mother goose over the years.

Today I'm back at graft, catching up on a load of shit, but it's all good.

Glad to see you're a bit more chipper Musha!

Enjoy the skating Qasiel, I'd love to be able to skate.

My farts were arguably the star of the show. One I did justa fter leaving yours had Eggybob's eyes watering, Musha gagging and then John and Mike getting hit with it in the front. Glorious. What made it even better is that when we came back to pick up Eggy's keys, I did an even worse fart at exactly the same place. I got to do an amazing 'Deju poo' pun.

8bit

Knows the Score
So, which is the sexiest Greggs pasty? The last Cheese & Onion one I had was kind of trashy but maybe that's what people like.

FreeChicken

Neo Member
So, which is the sexiest Greggs pasty? The last Cheese & Onion one I had was kind of trashy but maybe that's what people like.

Tried the chicken korma pasty today, it wasn't too great. I liked the fajita lattice thing, it had a crunchy topping. At least I hope it was a topping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom