• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Victoria Coren just won 476k Euros in the Sanremo European Poker Tour Event.

She's pretty much my ideal woman. Even before this latest half a million winnings.

Mikeside

Brand New just played the most intense set.

Fucking hell. I sang, I screamed, I cried.

I'm not even that drunk.

YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS CAUSE WE'RE YOUNG AND IN LOVE rep ad infinitum

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if the Metal Gear Solid HD collection is cross buy?

NinjaBoiX

Guys let's do another mixtape exchange, who's in
I'm just going to post some YouTube links, I can't be boshed faffing around with file formats, tagging, uploading, all that jazz.

Seems like a lot of messing about when the end result is basically the same.
Anyone know if the Metal Gear Solid HD collection is cross buy?
It's nigh on unplayable on Vita, I gave up at the Olga fight due to the clumsy controls.

It's a brilliant port, there's just not enough buttons.

jimbor

Banned
I'm just going to post some YouTube links, I can't be boshed faffing around with file formats, tagging, uploading, all that jazz.

It's nigh on unplayable on Vita, I gave up at the Olga fight due to the clumsy controls.

Do a Spotify playlist, mane. Easier than fucking around with a load of different links.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I second this. I am the lowest common denominator when it comes to technological faffery. Christ, I think bicycles are the work of some demented machine Devil.

Do a Spotify playlist, mane. Easier than fucking around with a load of different links.

Doesn't that cost money?

jimbor

Banned
I second this. I am the lowest common denominator when it comes to technological faffery. Christ, I think bicycles are the work of some demented machine Devil.

Doesn't that cost money?

I don't think so. I know there's a free account option for it but not sure of the limitations as I'm a master race premium subscriber. Only a fiver a month with my NUS card too.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, the downside to YT links is that you can't play them sequentially like a proper mixtape, unless you make a playlist and have people sign in but that's not going to work.

The upside is that anyone can play them, straight from the page, even on iOS as long as you click the embedded play button instead of the link.

If I made one on Spotify wouldn't people have to sign into my account to play it? I don't use it, I have no idea how it works.

I'm definitely sorting out some mixtape art though, that's the best bit!

jimbor

Banned
Yeah, the downside to YT links is that you can't play them sequentially like a proper mixtape, unless you make a playlist and have people sign in but that's not going to work.

The upside is that anyone can play them, straight from the page, even on iOS as long as you click the embedded play button instead of the link.

If I made one on Spotify wouldn't people have to sign into my account to play it? I don't use it, I have no idea how it works.

I'm definitely sorting out some mixtape art though, that's the best bit!

They wouldn't have to sign into your account, you merely provide the link to your playlist. Easy.

8bit

Knows the Score
Do you still need a facebook account for spotify? I deleted mine about 2 months ago and I'm in no hurry to resurrect it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

The end result is different because I won't be able to stick it on my phone and listen to it.

I doubt your commitment to sparkle motion.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

shut up ninj

I never listen to any of the songs anyone posts, it's not the same. I remember last year when we did it and I was packing up my things to move to portsmouth listening to Jeds mix and it was like an emotional journey. I remember sitting in my lounge with a glass of wine listening to Shawtys, I remember looking at Mikesides and silently nodding at his radiohead choices and laying on my bed with the sun beaming in the window. I know he never posts but I remember Hystzen relighting my love affair with Biffy Clyro and Enter Shikari with his

Incontinent. Buttocks may be dead, but I remember his playlist being under Bernie-Big-Bollocks which made me smile, I know he may have been a bellend, but his playlist was alright too.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
shut up ninj

I never listen to any of the songs anyone posts, it's not the same. I remember last year when we did it and I was packing up my things to move to portsmouth listening to Jeds mix and it was like an emotional journey. I remember sitting in my lounge with a glass of wine listening to Shawtys, I remember looking at Mikesides and silently nodding at his radiohead choices and laying on my bed with the sun beaming in the window. I know he never posts but I remember Hystzen relighting my love affair with Biffy Clyro and Enter Shikari with his

Incontinent. Buttocks may be dead, but I remember his playlist being under Bernie-Big-Bollocks which made me smile, I know he may have been a bellend, but his playlist was alright too.

I love you all but I agree with tash. It's kind of nice having it as something you've made for somebody else. Lots of love and thought in my mix! But I'll go with whatever.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Srsly, if folks can't locate mp3s on their PC, copy them into a new folder and renumber them I feel that we have failed as a species. It's so easy!

NinjaBoiX

They wouldn't have to sign into your account, you merely provide the link to your playlist. Easy.
I made a little playlist in Spotify but the only option was to shuffle play, and that threw a load of extra random tunes in there. I don't know if that's because I don't pay for it.
The end result is different because I won't be able to stick it on my phone and listen to it.

I doubt your commitment to sparkle motion.
YpOA93P.jpg

shut up ninj
Srsly, if folks can't locate mp3s on their PC, copy them into a new folder and renumber them I feel that we have failed as a species. It's so easy!
OK, so if it's not Spotify or YouTube playlists, then we'll have to host these mp3's somewhere right?
Ninja where's the new FakeGAF thread help D:
I dunno man, PM Dragonz I guess. She said she was making a new one.

Pretty sure Spotify playlists can be made on free accounts, I've done it loads before. There's just restrictions with which devices can play stuff on for free, but you're all fine on desktop.

Here's a little one I threw together. https://play.spotify.com/user/jonathanex/playlist/0OFQNhYv0Bvi8gEbPqAazw

(To turn off shuffle, mouse over the album art and toggle it there. Pointlessly hidden! Some dodgy interface bits but when you get the hang of it you should be able to do playlists as you'd expect)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Talking of music, still haven't listened to that Gallows CD I won at the Christmas meet. I'll give it a whirl now.

EDIT: 2 minutes in and oh dear. Well only 50 minutes left of this...

EDIT2: And we come to the end and all I can remember is some screaming, a bit of swearing. Not to offend anyone's tastes but to me it was just a mishmash of noise, but honestly when I listen to someone performing into the mic for a song I kind of expect a bit of a singing voice not just a a bloke with a sore throat shouting. Ninj, I remember you asking if you could have this CD and you're welcome to it. Next time we meet I'll try to remember it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
OK, so if it's not Spotify or YouTube playlists, then we'll have to host these mp3's somewhere right?

Yeah totally, stick em all in a zip file and host it on any number of places. You can set up a dropbox in seconds.

Ideally, I should be able to unzip it and bung it in itunes have have a brand new album called NinjaBox's Mix. It is the opposite of difficult, we all should have learned this by 2000.

jimbor

Banned
Yeah totally, stick em all in a zip file and host it on any number of places. You can set up a dropbox in seconds.

Ideally, I should be able to unzip it and bung it in itunes have have a brand new album called NinjaBox's Mix. It is the opposite of difficult, we all should have learned this by 2000.

Lol, fucking iTunes. What a pleb.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ok NinjaBox and all other technoplebs, here's a vid I made to show how to make a mix using iTunes. I think it covers everything.

http://youtu.be/6I4E3FWxSlk

Ah! So that's what you look and sound like. Hello to you both!

"And that's how you make a mix. And everyone will love me. Er, you." Hahahahahahah

--

Separately (and I'm cross posting a little bit from the GirlGAF thread) but check out my nails! And also (perhaps more interesting to most of the posters here) I got a new comic book too:

I8ZDd0Y.jpg

Hystzen

With iTunes you can also cut songs up and use parts for interludes. The song parts you create can even be used as ringtones I tend use certain breakdowns for my iPhone

Mikeside

More of us need to be immortalized in .gif form

I like to think that one of Jed is his idle animation if he doesn't do anything for 10 seconds

How amazing would that be?

That's actually a really interesting concept & a great idea for a thread.

What do you do when you're doing nothing?

I tend to scuff and shuffle my feet a lot, which is why shoes never seem to last me longer than a few months

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I think the main issue for me is that I don't have access to a proper computer. I have my Wife's computer but it's admin locked to fuckery, so I can't really get any choons on it.

EDIT: I imagined you sounding much more gruff.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ah! So that's what you look and sound like. Hello to you both!

"And that's how you make a mix. And everyone will love me. Er, you." Hahahahahahah

--

Separately (and I'm cross posting a little bit from the GirlGAF thread) but check out my nails! And also (perhaps more interesting to most of the posters here) I got a new comic book too:

I8ZDd0Y.jpg

Oooh hi dere!

ps good choice of depressing comic bookery :)

How amazing would that be?

That's actually a really interesting concept & a great idea for a thread.

What do you do when you're doing nothing?

I tend to scuff and shuffle my feet a lot, which is why shoes never seem to last me longer than a few months

I usually just fidget with mah baws.

I think the main issue for me is that I don't have access to a proper computer. I have my Wife's computer but it's admin locked to fuckery, so I can't really get any choons on it.

EDIT: I imagined you sounding much more gruff.

How do you listen to music usually? You're having to use your wife's PC? Dude. Emasculating.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
How do you listen to music usually?

With my ears, silly. I use my iPhone and CDs at the moment.

You're having to use your wife's PC? Dude. Emasculating.

Emasculating? Pah! Not when you have a penis as large as mi---ah, who am I kidding. I HAVE A CHOAD, ALRIGHT?!

There. I said it.

I'll tell you what, I'll join in on the next one. Hopefully by then I should have something other than a school laptop and a book of matches to use. :)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Good man.

I just heard these guys on the radio, pretty sweet for a bunch of teenagers:

Marmozets - Why Do You Hate Me?

UfAQPtn.jpg

Kind of poppy chorus, The Subways spring to mind, but there is some nice riffage in there, and a spunky female vocal never goes amiss.

I think I'll keep an eye on these guys.

Yeah my mate played these for me over the weekend. Was initially wary but they were fun and the girl managed to avoid the typical girl-rock pitfalls of oversinging/sexing it. Made me wish I was a bit younger.

Also gave the Arctic Monkeys record a good shake over the weekend. In all, I'd say it was better than I was expecting. Really love Mad Sounds, amazing tune. He picks some super weird pop melodies than give me tiny cringes each time but it was a lot better than Humbug which I hated.

Also picked up Rumours by Fleetwood Mac on vinyl over the weekend, finally heard that record. It was good! I was surprised!

SKINNER!

Banned
O'right cunts? First day back into work feelin' fresh. Already missin my homeboy Acrid :(

Jeds, forgot to let you know that I got my PFG record. Gonna pick it up from me mam's in the next week or so. Cheers btw :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Mixtape done, but me being neurotic/ perma-paranoid means I'm not sure whether it needs changes here and there. I'm on third draft already :| I'M NOT LETTING MY BABY GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom