• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
O'right cunts? First day back into work feelin' fresh. Already missin my homeboy Acrid :(

Jeds, forgot to let you know that I got my PFG record. Gonna pick it up from me mam's in the next week or so. Cheers btw :)

FINALLY! Glad JS got it out in the post at last. Hope he did it right :p

Mixtape done, but me being neurotic/ perma-paranoid means I'm not sure whether it needs changes here and there. I'm on third draft already :| I'M NOT LETTING MY BABY GO!

oooh excite! You have actual culture, I'm hyped.

I think mine is aight, I threw it together quickly but it's a fairly accurate representation of who I am musically. Listening to it again today to make the final choices.

SKINNER!

Banned
FINALLY! Glad JS got it out in the post at last. Hope he did it right :p

To his credit, JS got it in the post before I left abroad as my parents told me last night that the item arrived the day after my flight. I've yet to open it so will let you know once I got it in my hands :)

Why do we have to go back to work?!! Bahhhhhh! I enjoy my job, but this taste of freedom has taught me that there is more fun stuff out there than work.

Fun stuff costs money though.

Let's all kill ourselves and be done with this hamster wheel of existence.

This and the David Moyes points are very valid.

We should all look at our lives in the context of Big Davey M. I'm going to make wristbands with 'WWDMD' on them to help remind us to reflect on 'What would David Moues Do?' in our darkest hours.

NinjaBoiX

Good to see you back shorty!
Yeah my mate played these for me over the weekend. Was initially wary but they were fun and the girl managed to avoid the typical girl-rock pitfalls of oversinging/sexing it. Made me wish I was a bit younger.
Yeah, it's a fine line to tread marrying accomplished, melodious singing with a bit of grit and snarl.

On one hand you've got the nonchalant style of singers like Alison Mosshart where it almost sounds like she can't be bothered, like she's too cool for school. Then in the other extreme you have peeps like Karen O who just crank it up to 11 the whole time, animalistic grunting and sexy breathing noises up the wazoo.
Also gave the Arctic Monkeys record a good shake over the weekend. In all, I'd say it was better than I was expecting. Really love Mad Sounds, amazing tune. He picks some super weird pop melodies than give me tiny cringes each time but it was a lot better than Humbug which I hated.
AM is so good, but I really liked Suck It And See too.

I love his cheeky lyrics:

"I poured my aching heart into a pop song,
I couldn't get the hang of poetry,
That's not a skirt girl, that's a sawn-off shotgun,
And I can only hope you've got it aimed at me,"

Not sure I've got much time to mixtape as I need to source some tracks but for now here's Depth Charge - Goal :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7jw-_wKkwI
Nice one, I'll give this a whirl tonight when I get in.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So Daybreak is getting replaced, that didn't last very long.

Is that ITV's morning thing? BBC Breakfast or Bust. We have Carole with her amazing old scottish dugs on the weather, and the BBC London weathergirls are also rather yum (eye candy is all that matters at 6.30 am to me). I don't have the time in the morning to be dealing with adverts.

I miss Susanna though, I doubt she's coming back after Strictly catapulted her into the upper echelon on MILFs.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Good to see you back shorty!

Yeah, it's a fine line to tread marrying accomplished, melodious singing with a bit of grit and snarl.

On one hand you've got the nonchalant style of singers like Alison Mosshart where it almost sounds like she can't be bothered, like she's too cool for school. Then in the other extreme you have peeps like Karen O who just crank it up to 11 the whole time, animalistic grunting and sexy breathing noises up the wazoo.

AM is so good, but I really liked Suck It And See too.

I love his cheeky lyrics:

"I poured my aching heart into a pop song,
I couldn't get the hang of poetry,
That's not a skirt girl, that's a sawn-off shotgun,
And I can only hope you've got it aimed at me,"

Nice one, I'll give this a whirl tonight when I get in.

That's the kinda sexy I like in rock though - Karen (or the girl from Morningwood) are my bag. Oddball, sexy, aggressive, a bit off the wall. Like the opposite of Topshop sexy. The girl from Giant Drag has the sexiest voice though. Hmmmmmmm...

Volotaire

Is that ITV's morning thing? BBC Breakfast or Bust. We have Carole with her amazing old scottish dugs on the weather, and the BBC London weathergirls are also rather yum (eye candy is all that matters at 6.30 am to me). I don't have the time in the morning to be dealing with adverts.

I miss Susanna though, I doubt she's coming back after Strictly catapulted her into the upper echelon on MILFs.

Yeh I'm a Breakfast man myself. Just surprised given the amount they paid Adrian Chiles and his co-host, they'd keep the around.

NinjaBoiX

That's the kinda sexy I like in rock though - Karen (or the girl from Morningwood) are my bag. Oddball, sexy, aggressive, a bit off the wall. Like the opposite of Topshop sexy. The girl from Giant Drag has the sexiest voice though. Hmmmmmmm...
Oh don't get me wrong, I love Karen O, she's wicked. But sometimes I think she takes it a bit far. Check her out in this one from Fever To Tell:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Tick

The whole rhythmic "huh-huh, alright" after the first chorus around 30 seconds in sounds amazing, but the "tick, tick, tick" on the last chorus sounds faintly ridiculous, like she's coochie-cooing a baby or something.

She seemed to reign in the crazy over the course of their releases though, she barely goes off the deep end at all anymore.
Major league bellend and apparently a complete snotty brat, but dayum, so wood.

SKINNER!

Banned

vFhh4JW.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I left WhatsApp because of yet another freakout and now I have nowhere to spam. Honestly, my brainbox. I'm feel hyper-caffeinated all of the time. What was that? WHAT WAS THAT? DID SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I left WhatsApp because of yet another freakout and now I have nowhere to spam. Honestly, my brainbox. I'm feel hyper-caffeinated all of the time. What was that? WHAT WAS THAT? DID SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING?

Spam here or get thee back to the group post haste. We should prob use this thread more anyway tbh.

Booooooooooo

We like having you in Whatsapp. It's such a sausage fest sometimes, feels lonely being the only girl. Hope you feel better and come back soon!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Prob not gonna come back to the group because it's too much for my brain to process. "what? Speak to people? I think you must be mistaken!" but ta muchly. I am not the easiest person to be friends with (as my trail of Unresponded-to invites and pissed off former friends will testify to).

--

Gonna upload mix tonight I reckon. How long are everyone's mixes? I wanted to limit to 12 songs and about 35 mins but I keep thinking of more to add.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The thing is we'd all be banned if we said half the things in here we said in Whatsapp.

We should just censor our posts. eg "I think that anime fans are ************"

Prob not gonna come back to the group because it's too much for my brain to process. "what? Speak to people? I think you must be mistaken!" but ta muchly. I am not the easiest person to be friends with (as my trail of Unresponded-to invites and pissed off former friends will testify to).

--

Gonna upload mix tonight I reckon. How long are everyone's mixes? I wanted to limit to 12 songs and about 35 mins but I keep thinking of more to add.

I reckon an hour max, 45-50 mins for the sweet spot.

8bit

Knows the Score
So, who likes Classical Music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g10DqPbbUuw

B-Classic presents The Classical Comeback: a new music video format that gives classical music the same recognition as pop and rock music by combining the timeless emotion of classical music with the visual talent of a contemporary director.

Follow this project on: http://classicalcomeback.com
More about B-Classic on: http://www.b-classic.be

Directed by Raf Reyntjens
Choreography by Ari & Miu (Waveya)

Music:
Dvorak - Symphony NO 9 in E-Minor
From the new world - Smetana The Moldau
IV Allegro con fuoco.
Herbert Von Karajan & Wiener Philharmoniker
Deutsche Grammophone - Universal Music

--

You don't have to speak to anyone / read everything you know, you can just turn up every so often and say something then wander away again.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So, who likes Classical Music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g10DqPbbUuw

B-Classic presents The Classical Comeback: a new music video format that gives classical music the same recognition as pop and rock music by combining the timeless emotion of classical music with the visual talent of a contemporary director.

Follow this project on: http://classicalcomeback.com
More about B-Classic on: http://www.b-classic.be

Directed by Raf Reyntjens
Choreography by Ari & Miu (Waveya)

Music:
Dvorak - Symphony NO 9 in E-Minor
From the new world - Smetana The Moldau
IV Allegro con fuoco.
Herbert Von Karajan & Wiener Philharmoniker
Deutsche Grammophone - Universal Music

I'm always on the lookout for some cultural education, will check it out nice and loud when I get home.

You don't have to speak to anyone / read everything you know, you can just turn up every so often and say something then wander away again.

Exactly. tbh I don't think KentPaul even reads anything we say. He just gives blasts of KP goodness and moves on. We all use tech differently.

I just like having somewhere to post naked old people.

Whatsapp is also little bit like a seance for communicating with the banned. Those lost souls may lurk the thread but the only way to talk is on Whatsapp.

I don't say that because I enjoy reading afoni's posts on Whatsapp (who does, come on), just that it has that potential if someone cool and interesting was to get banned.

NinjaBoiX

Bah, sploatee left again! We'll have to chain her to the radiator next time.
The thing is we'd all be banned if we said half the things in here we said in Whatsapp.
So true, it's liberating to be as vile and caustic as we like without fear of reprisal and condemnation from "the man".

And to bitch about the mods, especially that Wes fella.
Yeah, I'd say that's about the sweet spot. Although I have a few sub-2 min tunes and some little skits so I may have a few extra tracks to make up the time.
9/10, I haven't bled from my eyes and ears like that in some time.
Your eyes? Man, I could spread that girl on toast, she so fine.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Whatsapp is also little bit like a seance for communicating with the banned. Those lost souls may lurk the thread but the only way to talk is on Whatsapp.

I don't say that because I enjoy reading afoni's posts on Whatsapp (who does, come on), just that it has that potential if someone cool and interesting was to get banned.

Whatsapp is good and fun because you can say the harshest shit without the dreaded rednames punching you in the banhole, but bad because it's killed the thread and now chinner only drive-bys with his clique jelly.

Mikeside

My mix is still in progress but it's way over the limit.

Gone for a track that captures the essence of every month since last January in the world of Mikeside.

Themed tapes are always the best

NinjaBoiX

My mix is still in progress but it's way over the limit.

Gone for a track that captures the essence of every month since last January in the world of Mikeside.

Themed tapes are always the best
Nah, fuck month by month themes and shit man, I'm not scoring my biopic here! I just pic a load of random tracks that jump out at me, then try and put them in a sensible order in terms of flow; a tune with a nice rising intro to start, then try and facilitate some quiet/loud, soft/harsh dynamics to keep it interesting, a few skits or short tunes to break things up, then go out with a bang on the last track.

That album art though, I haven't got a clue!

And Mike/Jed, I may request some assistance later on with uploads and whatnot. Excite to hear people's tapes man!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, fuck month by month themes and shit man, I'm not scoring my biopic here! I just pic a load of random tracks that jump out at me, then try and put them in a sensible order in terms of flow; a tune with a nice rising intro to start, then try and facilitate some quiet/loud, soft/harsh dynamics to keep it interesting, a few skits or short tunes to break things up, then go out with a bang on the last track.

tdCzKaX.gif

Mikeside

A random assortment is all well and good, but what makes it more than just "12 tracks I thought of on the day" if there's no theme?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
A random assortment is all well and good, but what makes it more than just "12 tracks I thought of on the day" if there's no theme?

I'm sorry, Mike, theme is secondary to the almighty The Flow. You could be putting together the musical equivalent of Dante's Inferno for all I care, if those tracks don't work with and into each other then a truly great mix-tape will forever be out of reach.

All Hail The Flow.

Mikeside

I'm sorry, Mike, theme is secondary to the almighty The Flow. You could be putting together the musical equivalent of Dante's Inferno for all I care, if those tracks don't work with and into each other then a truly great mix-tape will forever be out of reach.

All Hail The Flow.

Oh I agree that it has to flow well, but I much prefer a mixtape with more to it.

Hystzen

Just came out from watching Amazing Spider-Man 2....holy shit what a film I liked first but this stomped it badly.

Anybody who says Toby is better Spider-man can't be serious after this film

SmokyDave

Whatsapp is good and fun because you can say the harshest shit without the dreaded rednames punching you in the banhole, but bad because it's killed the thread and now chinner only drive-bys with his clique jelly.

I drop into Whatsapp every now and then, but it moves way too fast and I'm never quite sure who is who.

jimbor

Banned
Just came out from watching Amazing Spider-Man 2....holy shit what a film I liked first but this stomped it badly.

Anybody who says Toby is better Spider-man can't be serious after this film

Toby is an infinitely better Parker, Garfield is a charisma vacuum.

Slowdive

Banned
I still need to see the first Amazing Spiderman. I liked the first two Spiderman films a lot at the time, haven't seen them in a while. Shame about the third:

tumblr_inline_mna0vmI0Cn1qz4rgp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom