• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
tumblr_mbhsx2bxMQ1ror6v2.gif
Missing out really...

Perhaps I'm old fashioned but it's desktop/laptop or bust when it comes to browsing.

I only ever browse on my phone when I have nothing else on hand.

EDIT

Also, Happy St. George's Day! The day no one remembers or cares about particularly!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also some parents do take interest in where their children are going so will want to also see it. Kids may grow up but for their parents they'll always be their children.

It's St George's Day?? Damn we really don't give a fuck in this country do we? :p

In honour of this day I am going to find a non-white person to harrass.

You mean you don't do that everyday?

smh

So how does one celebrate St George's Day? Post George related videos?

I love how he's cracking up at his own song.

At my course open day, it seems everyone brought their mum, whaat

Not gonna lie, the old hag came with me to mine.

NinjaBoiX

Happy St George's Day BritGAF.
Lol, all these Saint WhoeverTheFuck days, I couldn't care less. What's so special about this George character anyway? Is he the one told that bullshit story about killing a dragon even though they're fictional? Seems to me he should be mocked more than revered.

Birthdays and Christmas, all these other "special days" can get tae fuck as far as I'm concerned. I didn't even realise it was Easter until I saw all the half-price Chocolate eggs in the supermarket yesterday.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, all these Saint WhoeverTheFuck days, I couldn't care less. What's so special about this George character anyway? Is he the one told that bullshit story about killing a dragon even though they're fictional? Seems to me he should be mocked more than revered.

I'll tell you this much, he wasn't English and he never even set foot in England. He may as well be the Patron Saint of Slags considering the amount of countries that claim him as their Saint.

St Patrick's Day is the only Saints day I give a damn about. Cheap Guinness, innit?

Mikeside

Birthdays and Christmas, all these other "special days" can get tae fuck as far as I'm concerned. I didn't even realise it was Easter until I saw all the half-price Chocolate eggs in the supermarket yesterday.

Even birthdays? You depressing fucker! Find a reason to celebrate, yeah??

Yeah Brazil and Palestine care more about St George than we do.

If it was actually a Bank Holiday then maybe people would give it more mind. Perhaps it isn't one because it comes to soon off the back of Easter. I actually heard it was Shakespeare's 450th birthday today before I heard it was St George's. Apparantly he came up with over a thousand words we use today, like swagger.

Also, complain about weird holidays and consumer culture all you like Ninja but ye shall not taketh mine chocalate eggs or my Christmas prezzies and bad food.

NinjaBoiX

I'll tell you this much, he wasn't English and he never even set foot in England. He may as well be the Patron Saint of Slags considering the amount of countries that claim him as their Saint.
Haha, nice!
Even birthdays? You depressing fucker! Find a reason to celebrate, yeah??
I celebrate birthdays Mike, like I said in my post! And obviously Crimbo. Bonfire Night can be a laugh, and New Year is canny cool too. It's just these other pointless days scattered in between I don't get, and that includes Easter.

"This dude did something that even if he wasn't entirely fictional is impossible. So, um, eat some chocolate eggs?"

I just don't get it.
I think he invented the kebab and kicking people in the head while drunk.
I've seen the movie St George's Day, it's pants but there is lot of head kicking in it.
Also, complain about weird holidays and consumer culture all you like Ninja but ye shall not taketh mine chocalate eggs or my Christmas prezzies and bad food.
I don't get chocolate eggs anymore because I'm not 12. Same with advent calanders, they're for jameaters.

nofunallowed.jpeg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
BritGaf,

Look Right I've got the big TV for a bit tonight so was going to be social and play Mercenary Kings.

I already stalked those of you whom I know have Ps4s but only daps was polite enough to respond. Thank you daps.

I am therefore resending such invitation to those of ye whom wish to join.

Many regards.

S.

BritGaf,

Look Right I've got the big TV for a bit tonight so was going to be social and play Mercenary Kings.

I already stalked those of you whom I know have Ps4s but only daps was polite enough to respond. Thank you daps.

I am therefore resending such invitation to those of ye whom wish to join.

Many regards.

S.

No problem. I'm up for some sidescrolling ce soir.

I will be overpowered as all fudge but nay bother.

Numerous regards,

D.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
But there is a historic claim to that land and it belongs to...oh. It's based on the Bible. As you were!

XD

They forgot the ancient rite of Finders Keepers. Hamas didn't, obviously.

"This dude did something that even if he wasn't entirely fictional is impossible. So, um, eat some chocolate eggs?"

I just don't get it.

Pagan fertility celebration got supplanted and co-opted by Early Christianity, hence the mixed iconography.

...or summink.

Mikeside

Haha, nice!

I celebrate birthdays Mike, like I said in my post! And obviously Crimbo. Bonfire Night can be a laugh, and New Year is canny cool too. It's just these other pointless days scattered in between I don't get, and that includes Easter.

I just don't get it.

I've seen the movie St George's Day, it's pants but there is lot of head kicking in it.

I don't get chocolate eggs anymore because I'm not 12. Same with advent calanders, they're for jameaters.

nofunallowed.jpeg

I misread your original post.
I agree, in essence, but I like all the opportunities to get together with loved ones, trade presents and have a giggle.

Chocolate eggs are still chocolate. Buy them for friends then scoff the ones you get. It's all win.

NinjaBoiX

Pagan fertility celebration got supplanted and co-opted by Early Christianity, hence the mixed iconography.

...or summink.
4ZKeuKD.jpg

Chocolate eggs are still chocolate. Buy them for friends then scoff the ones you get. It's all win.
You buy Easter eggs for your pals? You're such a nice guy Mike!
It always comes back to the Jews, doesn't it BritGAF?

Silly goyims.
"It's those damn imigants. Even when it was the bears I knew it was them."

Edit: also sorry sploatee, I didn't have my station on yesterday, I won't have got your msg. If you guys are on tonight I may well join you.

Reknoc

I misread your original post.
I agree, in essence, but I like all the opportunities to get together with loved ones, trade presents and have a giggle.

easter eggs are nearly always revolting though, cheapest tasting chocolate. thankfully they're normally packaged with proper chocolate so it's not always a waste.

Mikeside

I buy easter eggs for family, z and a couple of friends. It's fun giving people things, you guys.

And egg chocolate isn't nasty if you get the nice lindt and Thorntons ones

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mum does the traditional Swedish thing and gives me an egg shaped box filled with small chocies and sweets. Rather good since it's easy to share.

NinjaBoiX

I buy easter eggs for family, z and a couple of friends. It's fun giving people things, you guys.
Oh yeah, I like buying gifts for friends, but it would never even occur to me to buy them an Easter egg.

Fair play.
Mum does the traditional Swedish thing and gives me an egg shaped box filled with small chocies and sweets. Rather good since it's easy to share.
I'd much rather do this, sounds cool!
Tres bon monsieur Le Curmudgeon :)
Haha, I have been a bit of a minge today haven't I! I'll give you guys a shout later if I'm on.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some clouds to shout at.

jimbor

Banned
Torrents and an hour of your time?

Fair warning to everyone - I will probably not listen to Spotify mixes.

Yeah, Spotify really wasn't working out for me either.

Just torrent the tracks you want.

lol, remember when Suiaryu threw a wobbler because I posted YouTube links instead of using ThisIsMyJam?

This cocky newbie coming in with his annoying gifs and YouTube links, pfft.

Yeah, I lied about listening to BGBW's, I tried and it just did that annoying shuffle play thing throwing all kinds of random stuff in there. But I'd heard everything on his list, so I have listened to it really.

You can both get fucked then, luddite twats.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You can both get fucked then, luddite twats.

The way I see it, if you're not contributing to my MP3 library then what use do I even have for you and your ephemeral music? I like MP3s, I can click, edit, copy and delete them. Fuck the cloud in it's raggedy arsehole.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Let me know what to do and when, britgaf overlords.

I'm excited to share a really lovely performance of the Schubert lieder 'an Die Musik' with you. The way the neo-avant garde guitar contributes to the cadenza after the third stanza is to die for.

Sorry I was trying too hard. I mean the way the cadenza contributes to the crescendo. Obviously.

NinjaBoiX

I'm listening to my mixtape right now. It's reet mint.

"All I really gotta say is, if that's how our people get down, how are we ever gonna get up? How are we ever gonna get up if that's how we get down?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom