• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm officially stuck on Mercenary Kings now. I've done every mission I can and its not letting me advance past the second rank! I'm stuck on 29 rank points. How did you do it daps / sploat? :-(

Oh, on an unrelated note and I just saw on the 'newly added' bit of Netflix: a Steven Segal movie called 'Half Past Dead'. Yes.

Ok, I'm officially stuck on Mercenary Kings now. I've done every mission I can and its not letting me advance past the second rank! I'm stuck on 29 rank points. How did you do it daps / sploat? :-(

Oh, on an unrelated note and I just saw on the 'newly added' bit of Netflix: a Steven Segal movie called 'Half Past Dead'. Yes.

What's the name of the mission?

What's the name of the mission?

Which mission? I've done 'em all, they've all got green ticks next to them (for the first and second ranks). I thought that'd make me level up.

Now all I can do is keep replaying the same missions, but my rank points don't go past 29 :-/

Edit: maybe it's a bug?

Which mission? I've done 'em all, they've all got green ticks next to them (for the first and second ranks). I thought that'd make me level up.

Now all I can do is keep replaying the same missions, but my rank points don't go past 29 :-/

Edit: maybe it's a bug?

I have no idea man, from what I recall the next set of missions should just become available auomatically

Mikeside

a quick preview of mine, which I'll add into the folder once I've done album art tomorrow eve:

Crash & the Boys
Say Anything
Wolf Alice
Hey Mercedes
Idlewild
Said the Whale
Los Campesinos!
Broken Social Scene
Shadowboxer
Brand New
Bright Eyes
Jimmy Eat World
Jack's Mannequin
Field Mouse
Radiohead
Sigur Rós

All weighing in at a not-as-bad-as-I-though 60mins41seconds

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Oh no!

For me, they unlock when I finish a mission that's marked in red. :| maybe try replaying it?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
a quick preview of mine, which I'll add into the folder once I've done album art tomorrow eve:

Crash & the Boys
Say Anything
Wolf Alice
Hey Mercedes
Idlewild
Said the Whale
Los Campesinos!
Broken Social Scene
Shadowboxer
Brand New
Bright Eyes
Jimmy Eat World
Jack's Mannequin
Field Mouse
Radiohead
Sigur Rós

All weighing in at a not-as-bad-as-I-though 60mins41seconds

Your mix and mine should get together and make a baby.

Currently finishing up listening to NinjaBro's tape, very very good stuff! Really digging the overall chill atmosphere it's conjuring up and it's exposing me to a ton of stuff I've never heard before. Y'all are going to have to work hard to top this one.

EDIT: Mike, LOS CAMPS TIX GOT! Aw yeaaaaaah. It's a double date :D

NinjaBoiX

Currently finishing up listening to NinjaBro's tape, very very good stuff! Really digging the overall chill atmosphere it's conjuring up and it's exposing me to a ton of stuff I've never heard before. Y'all are going to have to work hard to top this one.
Yeah, after listening to yours I thought I may have gone for too much of a relaxed vibe! I went for a generally chilled out feel with a few explosions of noise from Descendants, Hi-Standard, Cinemechanica, etc to break it up. Yours was kinda the flip side, full of energy with a few moments of respite.

+ 1 on a load of stuff I'd never heard too. The only tune I'd heard before was the Desaparecidos one. It's a little disappointing to get a mixtape where you've already heard most of the stuff.

Speaking of which, I'll give Hystzen's a listen tonight. I checked out the track list and I'd heard the majority of it, but I'll still give it a listen in context.

2emo4ninjaboix, lol.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah, after listening to yours I thought I may have gone for too much of a relaxed vibe! I went for a generally chilled out feel with a few explosions of noise from Descendants, Hi-Standard, Cinemechanica, etc to break it up. Yours was kinda the flip side, full of energy with a few moments of respite.

+ 1 on a load of stuff I'd never heard too. The only tune I'd heard before was the Desaparecidos one. It's a little disappointing to get a mixtape where you've already heard most of the stuff.

Speaking of which, I'll give Hystzen's a listen tonight. I checked out the track list and I'd heard the majority of it, but I'll still give it a listen in context.

2emo4ninjaboix, lol.

Yeah I can't help myself with the energy, which is funny because I'll usually choose more chill stuff to just sit around to. But the fun loud chunky stuff is always where my heart really lies. I just like a gleeful racket. Those first 4 songs are pretty much my go-to "got 5 mins to kill, let's listen to a song" tunes, and I find them "fun heavy" as opposed to "burn down a church heavy". Distinguishing between different types of bluster is an important skill IMO.

Will certainly listen again/play it for the mrs later too. It's a keeper!

NinjaBoiX

Will certainly listen again/play it for the mrs later too. It's a keeper!
Me too! Well except the missus part, maybe I'll play it for Pats later.

qBxfPx6.png

I started it up and thought to myself "please be awesome, I don't want to have to plaster on a fake smile and pretend it was mint", but nah, genuinely dug it, for realsies.

Hurry up guys, finish up these mixtapes! I wanna listen in to your collective souls.

Mikeside

Your mix and mine should get together and make a baby.

EDIT: Mike, LOS CAMPS TIX GOT! Aw yeaaaaaah. It's a double date :D

My mix is very slowly uploading from my laptop. Not sure what's taking so fucking long. Grump grump grump.

I'll be listening to all your mixes whilst on the road next week. Aww yiss.

So excited for Los Camps!, man. Will be a fun double-date after our Wolf Alice adventure (which my friend Sarah may be joining us for)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Me too! Well except the missus part, maybe I'll play it for Pats later.

qBxfPx6.png

I started it up and thought to myself "please be awesome, I don't want to have to plaster on a fake smile and pretend it was mint", but nah, genuinely dug it, for realsies.

Hurry up guys, finish up these mixtapes! I wanna listen in to your collective souls.

Tonight, young! I just need time in front of laptop!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
My mix is very slowly uploading from my laptop. Not sure what's taking so fucking long. Grump grump grump.

I'll be listening to all your mixes whilst on the road next week. Aww yiss.

So excited for Los Camps!, man. Will be a fun double-date after our Wolf Alice adventure (which my friend Sarah may be joining us for)

Yeah I wondered what was up with that when I logged into the Dropbox this morning. Thought it was just REALLY short.

And yeah man, loads of great gigs coming up, Wolf Alice, O'Brother, Nick Oliveri and now Los Camps! Fuck YES.

I had a brief foray into all the mixes in the drop box but I was busy putting together a tracklist and creating the album art, which I'm sure you guys will like. I will return to your mixes and do them justice by not listening to them via my crappy laptop speakers.

How are you guys listening to them by the way? You can listen to the tracks straight out of the dropbox but it doesn't seem to display all the information and you need to play them individually. I played a bit of Ninja's in VLC but (perhaps it's just my settings) I can never get VLC player to actually play a playlist in order, it always seems to shuffle them.

Also, aside from maybe a couple of songs, mine is completely chilled, very much a "listen to this while you do something else/drive somewhere" kind of thing. Thematically, it's a packet of Skittles. There are different flavours but it's mostly the same kind of thing, so it should work quite well as a unit from beginning to end, changing pace a little in the middle and at the end.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I had a brief foray into all the mixes in the drop box but I was busy putting together a tracklist and creating the album art, which I'm sure you guys will like. I will return to your mixes and do them justice by not listening to them via my crappy laptop speakers.

How are you guys listening to them by the way? You can listen to the tracks straight out of the dropbox but it doesn't seem to display all the information and you need to play them individually. I played a bit of Ninja's in VLC but (perhaps it's just my settings) I can never get VLC player to actually play a playlist in order, it always seems to shuffle them.

Also, aside from maybe a couple of songs, mine is completely chilled, very much a "listen to this while you do something else/drive somewhere" kind of thing. Thematically, it's a packet of Skittles. There are different flavours but it's mostly the same kind of thing, so it should work quite well as a unit from beginning to end, changing pace a little in the middle and at the end.

That is an excellent metaphor.

Well I loaded Ninj's onto my phone last night and the order is totally fucked but I can't tell if that's the tags or just iOS7 being a cunt, probably the latter since it's in order on my pc and the big iPod. I got it sorted as a playlist anyway, no biggie. I usually listen to music either half asleep on the bus, loud as fuck in my living room or here in the office at medium volume. Office is non-optimal conditions though.

Love doing these exchanges, they make me feel good inside.

I get to leave the office early today so I can go to Londona for a replacement passport.

Being used as ID on nights out for six years has more or less demolished it and I don't want a Swiss man poking around my duodenum with his hairy fist after I fail to get through customs in Geneva.

Oh no!

For me, they unlock when I finish a mission that's marked in red. :| maybe try replaying it?

After googling around, it looks like a bug (I've seen forum posts mentioning 29 rank points specifically). I'll give it another bash, maybe just replaying the "rank up" mission, even if it doesn't appear in red.

Gah! I spent aaaages last night trying to stun bomb that fricken' robot suit guy.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
After googling around, it looks like a bug (I've seen forum posts mentioning 29 rank points specifically). I'll give it another bash, maybe just replaying the "rank up" mission, even if it doesn't appear in red.

Gah! I spent aaaages last night trying to stun bomb that fricken' robot suit guy.

Dammit. Maybe next time we Co op we can play it and it might trigger.

NinjaBoiX

Damn you Jed! You said you fixed my playlist! I don't want people listening to it in the wrong order, dat flow mane.
We're a community! I worry sometimes that I speak to you folks more than anyone in my office.
I rarely speak to anyone at work Sploat, I basically leave home, drive around alone all day, then go home. It's kind of a depressing existence truth be told.
How does one listen to these lovely bits and bobs?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Damn you Jed! You said you fixed my playlist! I don't want people listening to it in the wrong order, dat flow mane.

I rarely speak to anyone at work Sploat, I basically leave home, drive around alone all day, then go home. It's kind of a depressing existence truth be told.

lol. I think it's my phone more than anything, Apple really broke how the iPod app works in iOS7. Twats.

And yeah I think I speak to you lot more than my wife even :p

NinjaBoiX

I love a bit of Saul Williams. Sterling choice.
Seriously, that tune man. It was one of those moments where you're cursing the world that you haven't been introduced to it before.

10 seconds in I was like "well shit, this is most certainly my cup of tea right here." Then I spent the next hour or so bouncing about the house singing "I got a list of demands, written on ma hand".

:D

Mikeside

Yeah I wondered what was up with that when I logged into the Dropbox this morning. Thought it was just REALLY short.

And yeah man, loads of great gigs coming up, Wolf Alice, O'Brother, Nick Oliveri and now Los Camps! Fuck YES.

I've got:

Wolf Alice Guildford
Wolf Alice London
2000 Trees Festival (Wolf Alice will be there)
Los Campesinos!
Leeds Festival (Wolf Alice will be there)
Camden Rocks

Got loads more to book this year, but that's it so far.

Recently been to:

Brand New, Cytota, Neck Deep etc at Hit the Deck
Laura Stevenson
Neck Deep
Parachute for Gordo (about a million times)
Deaf Havana

speaking of music, my new vinyl wishlist on Amazon is looking unhealthily full. I need a lottery win.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Seriously, that tune man. It was one of those moments where you're cursing the world that you haven't been introduced to it before.

10 seconds in I was like "well shit, this is most certainly my cup of tea right here." Then I spent the next hour or so bouncing about the house singing "I got a list of demands, written on ma hand".

:D

Yeah boiii! I discovered that song about ten years ago on MTV2 120 Minutes at about 2 in the morning, blew my mind out the back of my skull, shared it with everyone I know. Definitely check out his self titled album, probably his best. He also did a record with Trent Reznor called Niggy Tardust. And then scour youtube for spoken word poetry.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've got:

Wolf Alice Guildford
Wolf Alice London
2000 Trees Festival (Wolf Alice will be there)
Los Campesinos!
Leeds Festival (Wolf Alice will be there)
Camden Rocks

Got loads more to book this year, but that's it so far.

Recently been to:

Brand New, Cytota, Neck Deep etc at Hit the Deck
Laura Stevenson
Neck Deep
Parachute for Gordo (about a million times)
Deaf Havana

speaking of music, my new vinyl wishlist on Amazon is looking unhealthily full. I need a lottery win.

I'm going vinyl and comic shopping for my birthday on Tuesday. Cannot wait! Piccadilly Records is so good. Every record they have has a blurb on it to describe what it's like, I just go in and spend hours listening to ones that sound interesting.

Mikeside

I'm going vinyl and comic shopping for my birthday on Tuesday. Cannot wait! Piccadilly Records is so good. Every record they have has a blurb on it to describe what it's like, I just go in and spend hours listening to ones that sound interesting.

I'm hugely torn. I should be getting a moderate bonus. Maybe.

Assuming I do, I want to spend it on a mix of a holiday, loads of vinyl and a big clothes shop to get rid of the crap I've been wearing for years.

The only real option is to take a holiday to a place where they make vinyl clothing that you can play.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
it's stil not here

please respond

Hi T. Tashington McTash

I'm hugely torn. I should be getting a moderate bonus. Maybe.

Assuming I do, I want to spend it on a mix of a holiday, loads of vinyl and a big clothes shop to get rid of the crap I've been wearing for years.

The only real option is to take a holiday to a place where they make vinyl clothing that you can play.

There's a basement club on Canal Street. Book early!

NinjaBoiX

am i a bad person for being happy about the upcoming tube strike because it means i don't have to go into work?
Woah, Marco is a Brit? Cool. We're everywhere man, I think we could overthrow YankGAF if we wanted it badly enough.

And no, you're a normal working man capitalising on an awful human tragedy, it's only natural.

Or get a taxi you shirking miscreant.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Woah, Marco is a Brit? Cool. We're everywhere man, I think we could overthrow YankGAF if we wanted it badly enough.

And no, you're a normal working man capitalising on an awful human tragedy, it's only natural.

Or get a taxi you shirking miscreant.

Or walk. London ain't that big really.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Obligatory post-lunch break "I love Fez it makes my brain hurt and I feel dizzy afterwards I love Fez I love Fez" post.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Obligatory post-lunch break "I love Fez it makes my brain hurt and I feel dizzy afterwards I love Fez I love Fez" post.

Awwwww yes! Go gurl! You haven't even scratched the surface. You might actually cry.

Sitting in my office feeling quite chuffed with myself, got loads done today, now have a temporarily clean desk. I think that means I can bog off early. Gawd bless my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom