• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Since the hard drive in my laptop died I've been curiously not upset by the whole thing. I can still get the internet at home via the PS4's dogshit browser or on my phone but generally I've been getting along by doing things like watching programmes on iPlayer (I don't have a TV, there is no communal space with a TV). So i've been watching things I haven't seen in a while like Pointless which I really enjoy, Richard Osman ftw.

I've been getting to bed at better times and I've actually been reading for the first time in months since my evenings are usually split between PS4, general browsing and eating.

The only thing I miss is being able to watch GoT as it comes out (after getting around Virgin's blocking). As of now I have no way to watch the new episodes so I'm stuck at three episodes in.

Another prime concern is me time. Nuff said.

Sounds like a recipe for good living.

Hi sploat! Sounds like you had some nice time off, it's always sucky going back to work after.

I'm off to a script meeting with my comic book guys later, should be a blast!

Yeah. Especially as it looks to be an aft of data entry. Still, we're going to see Sarah Millican tonight. Ooo script meeting, get you! Sounds like great fun, tbh.

PorllM

Banned
When is your birthday: 28/12/90
Where do you live: Cardiff
Where are you from: Cardiff
What do you do: Run a trophy website (trophyfinder.co.uk) and clothing line (unknownkulture.com)
What is your quest: To catch them all
Favourite actor/actress: Currently? Idris Elba. All time? Leo
Favourite band/artist: Currently SZA, can't stop listening to her new album
Favourite TV show: Currently ploughing through GoT so gonna have to say that
Favourite crisps: Cheese & Onion Walkers obviously
Favourite biscuit: I have infinite love for all biscuits, but I have a custard cream in my mouth right now and it's magical, so those
Least favourite Pokémon: Zubat
Stalactites or stalagmites: Tites yo
How do you cut your sandwiches: I don't mostly, but I am a huge fan of the taste increase offered by triangle cuts

NinjaBoiX

Welcome PorllM and show me your skeleton! Newbies, yiss.
So i've been watching things I haven't seen in a while like Pointless which I really enjoy, Richard Osman ftw.
Good man, best quiz show on TV. What a hosting duo.
What the hell is Fakegaf?
Just a community thread where peeps get together to talk shit and stuff about nothing in particular.

So basically this place but with a bunch of gaffers from around the world.
I'm off to a script meeting with my comic book guys later, should be a blast!
Swish! Have productive fun Soturi.
Still, we're going to see Sarah Millican tonight. Ooo script meeting, get you! Sounds like great fun, tbh.
She's pretty cool, have a good time!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
i am pretty sure i filled it in a while back but i've actually subscribed to this thread now & will/might put the effort in to be social so...

When is your birthday: 18th of may.
Where do you live: brighton.
Where are you from: yeovil, somerset.
What do you do: sales team leader at maplin electronics, compose freelance for games n' stuff.
What is your quest: bring back the girl, pay off the debt.
Favourite actor/actress: daniel day lewis.
Favourite band/artist: mastodon/ garry schyman.
Favourite TV show: game o' thrones, stop it & tidy up.
Favourite crisps: beefy monster munch.
Favourite biscuit: all of them. every single one.
Least favourite Pokémon: anything that isn't either koffing or psyduck.
Stalactites or stalagmites: volcano.
How do you cut your sandwiches: a man does not cut, a man tears apart.
Nice.
When is your birthday: 28/12/90
Where do you live: Cardiff
Where are you from: Cardiff
What do you do: Run a trophy website (trophyfinder.co.uk) and clothing line (unknownkulture.com)
What is your quest: To catch them all
Favourite actor/actress: Currently? Idris Elba. All time? Leo
Favourite band/artist: Currently SZA, can't stop listening to her new album
Favourite TV show: Currently ploughing through GoT so gonna have to say that
Favourite crisps: Cheese & Onion Walkers obviously
Favourite biscuit: I have infinite love for all biscuits, but I have a custard cream in my mouth right now and it's magical, so those
Least favourite Pokémon: Zubat
Stalactites or stalagmites: Tites yo
How do you cut your sandwiches: I don't mostly, but I am a huge fan of the taste increase offered by triangle cuts

My friend goes to uni there! I'll be up there by the end of May to see her hopefully, Are Doctor Who and Captain Jack still running around right now?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
CHEEZMO is actually a satire on the left run and maintained by the BNP as part of their viral marketing campaign. I'm onto you.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
CHEEZMO™;110206456 said:
Got a UKIP leaflet through the door today. Thought we were safe from it up here. Grose.

We got one too. Glad to see it. Definitely voting for UKIP. Had it up to here with Lenny Henry.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
14100773053_665176007d_b.jpg

aw shi

Mikeside

Since the hard drive in my laptop died I've been curiously not upset by the whole thing. I can still get the internet at home via the PS4's dogshit browser or on my phone but generally I've been getting along by doing things like watching programmes on iPlayer (I don't have a TV, there is no communal space with a TV). So i've been watching things I haven't seen in a while like Pointless which I really enjoy, Richard Osman ftw.

I've been getting to bed at better times and I've actually been reading for the first time in months since my evenings are usually split between PS4, general browsing and eating.

The only thing I miss is being able to watch GoT as it comes out (after getting around Virgin's blocking). As of now I have no way to watch the new episodes so I'm stuck at three episodes in.

Another prime concern is me time. Nuff said.

I've investigated the laptop and removing the hard drive won't be complicated. I plan to just replace the hard drive but I'm wondering if I need to look beyond size (2.5 inch) and size (500GB) for compatability.
You can put pretty much any 2.5" in. I've got a spare 320gb if you want one free?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Tech Lords: So I'm on my phone, right? Do I have to listen to each mix one track at a time via Dropbox or is there a way to properly download a whole mix?

EDIT: apologies for being such a needy digitard.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Tech Lords: So I'm on my phone, right? Do I have to listen to each mix one track at a time via Dropbox or is there a way to properly download a whole mix?

Ha! I'm a needy livitard!

one more day untill I'm on REAL MOTHERFUCKING PAY

WHAAAAAT

You know what to do.

do you know what to do?

No Millican for me tonight. Work work work

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I have no idea I'm afraid, I always download stuff to a computer and add it to my library before it goes on the phone/pod. How do you usually manage your digital music collection?

AcridMeat

Banned
Maaaan, should've snuck into your luggage and stayed in San Fran :p Dat sunshine/beach combo yo!
Of course it's only crazy nice like this during the week. Saw the forecast for this weekend and it's supposed to be much cooler and wet.
Papa BBW's.

I think I've successfully managed to convey that I do actually listen to stuff outside of Mario theme tunes. ;)
Well done you!

Just woke up. Had that moment where the alarm is going off on my phone on my desk, and I tried to get out of bed then faceplanted back into my covers for a few more minutes.

Putting on "Can I Borrow A Feeling" (awesome reference). And starting with Com Truise he's in my mix too. :D

edit: Yep loving this mix as well, has a lot of stuff similar to mine. Well done everyone, every playlist I've put on so far has been awesome.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea I'm afraid, I always download stuff to a computer and add it to my library before it goes on the phone/pod. How do you usually manage your digital music collection?

I did use the wife's laptop before the IT department at her school slapped admin locks all over it earlier this year. I haven't had any new music on my iphone since then.

No problem, I'll listen to a track at a time. Just wanted to know if there was an easier way. If I managed to play and enjoy Monkey Island 2 and Beneath A Steel Sky on the Amiga using only one disc drive, I can do this ;)

AcridMeat

Banned
Bullshit. Imma do yours first now.
Fuuuck, you need the set list document then because the names of the tracks don't have the correct listing. They only have it correct in the hidden tag. I should have changed the names to reflect it but didn't because I assumed everyone would use computers damn it.

Or just look here:
1. Tighten Up (Part 1)
2. Space Wax America
3. Jam The Network
4. Einmal In Der Woche Schreien
5. Breakbot - Shades Of Black
6. M.E.
7. Glawio
8. Mindscape
9. Heartbeats (Live)
10. Dayvan Cowboy
11. The Big Ship
12. Clouds
13. Tighten Up (Part 2)
14. Trenchtown Rock
15. Roam
16. Constants Are Changing

This Doing It Wrong track by Moustache Machine is great.

edit: Have been enjoying this entire mix, but that intro to A Million Miles Away kills.
Are you going to shovel sunchips into your gullet as well?

AcridMeat

Banned
Right, deleted the single tracks and reuploading with the number in the title reflecting where it should be.

Almost done with this mix, onto the last Com Truise (which is boss, love that man). Well done!

NinjaBoiX

Just listened to Acrid's mix, really upbeat and diverse, I liked it a lot. Plenty of new stuff too, yay! I did listen to it in the wrong order due to your lackadaisical ID tagging (I reordered the second half after reading your post but it was a bit too late!) anyway, favourites:

Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up (both parts!)
Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy
Breakbot - Shades of Black
Com Truise - Glawio
Hyetal - Jam The Network
Anamanaguchi - Space Wax America
Gigi Masin - Clouds
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Trenchtown Rock
Boards of Canada - Constants Are Changing

Mixtape rules dictate that 1 point be docked for two BoC tracks. I mean, I love BoC but:

5RBdS4e.jpg

The Campfire Headphase though...go-to chill out album. I'll give you a pass on Tighten Up as a two parter. Good tape mang!

AcridMeat

Banned
Haha yeah...this next one I promise will be properly done from the get go.
The Campfire Headphase though...go-to chill out album. I'll give you a pass on Tighten Up as a two parter. Good tape mang!
Almost bought it at a record shop in NY, but was something like $25-30, definitely the one to have on vinyl imo.

Tighten Up has some of the best riffs and fills, so fun. Glad you liked it anyhow.

Mikeside

I forgot, who's in charge of the drop box?

Sweeeeeet, thanks for the heads up dude!

Script meeting was interesting, they want me along to the next one, and the head honcho wants me to write a story for one of their titles. I'm awesome.

me, but I gave everyone rights to add more people.
send me your email on Whatsapp or Facebook and I'll add you, grrl

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm looking forward to hearing HIM and an assortment of singers who sound a little bit like Eddie Vedder if he had a bigger beard on Musha's mix.

Speaking of, I gave Hystzen's mix a listen last night. I get what you're going for chap, and maybe you succeeded to well because >50% gave me the full body cringe of remembering myself as a lad. On the plus side, I've nto head that Chemicals' song in an age so that was nice :D

NinjaBoiX

Happy Friday Slimesurfers!

Haha Jed. I think Musha will actually dig some of Hystzen's mix. I'm not taking the piss, there were just a fair few bands on there that I know she's into. I think you may be pleasantly surprised though Jed, I reckon Musha will subvert expectations and put something a little different on. Maybe...

I definitely tried to steer clear of the obvious bands for mine: Massive Attack, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Roots, Peej, Radiohead, etc. You gotta keep peeps on their toes innit!

Also:

PxSNuW5.gif

Edit:
You may well be surprised....
Haha, called it!

Happy Birthday Cheez!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Happy birthday CHEEZMO!

You may well be surprised....

I look forward to it! If nothing else it's fun for me an Ellie to sit and listen to these, good conversations come out of them. btw I only just realised I used your real name in my post, edited that out for ya just in case.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Happy Friday Slimesurfers!

Haha Jed. I think Musha will actually dig some of Hystzen's mix. I'm not taking the piss, there were just a fair few bands on there that I know she's into. I think you may be pleasantly surprised though Jed, I reckon Musha will subvert expectations and put something a little different on. Maybe...

I definitely tried to steer clear of the obvious bands for mine: Massive Attack, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Roots, Peej, Radiohead, etc. You gotta keep peeps on their toes innit!

Also:

PxSNuW5.gif

I dunno man, we did 12 hours worth of choosing tunes last month, I think I have a good read on our tastes now :p

btw that car journey was well fun, we should all hang out in cars more often. It's intimate.

Anyone familiar with this song? LCD Soundsystem - Yeah (Crass) I kinda want to make a whole new mix with this as the first tune. Made me wanna dance on the bus yesterday.

ps Ninj the lil lady in your avy looks well like Lena Dunham there

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Happy birthday Cheezmo!

Right that it is. I've got to 180 percent on fez with only one clue from the Internet but now I need help. I actually dreamt about cubes last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom