• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I fucking love LCD Soundsystem.
Shame that third album was a bit shite.
Yeah, it's not the best but there are still some choice cuts on there. Sound of Silver is essential though.
I've got to 180 percent on fez with only one clue from the Internet but now I need help. I actually dreamt about cubes last night.
See, this game makes no sense! :p

I may have a other go at the weekend, but I'll more than likely just play more glorious BF4 multi. The tech has finally caught up with DICE's ambition, sprawling 64 player maps with shitloads of real-time destruction and vehicles flying and crashing around everywhere, it's barely controlled lunacy! I have to wonder why anyone would play CoD anymore to be honest.

Putting on "Can I Borrow A Feeling" (awesome reference). And starting with Com Truise he's in my mix too. :D

edit: Yep loving this mix as well, has a lot of stuff similar to mine. Well done everyone, every playlist I've put on so far has been awesome.

This Doing It Wrong track by Moustache Machine is great.

edit: Have been enjoying this entire mix, but that intro to A Million Miles Away kills.

Glad you're enjoying it man. Most of Moustache Machine's stuff is like that but I chose that track in particular because it's so shamelessly cheesey. If that sort of thing floats your boat I'd reccomend Maniac Synth and NewRetroWave as youtube channels, I just cruise that and roughly half of the tracks in the playlist came from there.

Are you joining my BritGAF UKIP club? There are too many lefties here and people concerned with 'rights'.

Definitely, especially now they've come out against the filthy gayers too. Makes me proud to be British.

I can't help but feel this is some sort of triple-bluff.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
See, this game makes no sense! :p

I may have a other go at the weekend, but I'll more than likely just play more glorious BF4 multi. The tech has finally caught up with DICE's ambition, sprawling 64 player maps with shitloads of real-time destruction and vehicles flying and crashing around everywhere, it's barely controlled lunacy! I have to wonder why anyone would play CoD anymore to be honest.

The game is really kinda two games. The first is a fun, light platform game where you collect cubes. The second is a codebreaking exploration detective game. They overlap very slightly, you start putting ideas together around 80% complete and then it snowballs and before you know it you've got a notepad out and are thinking heavily about cross sections of cubes.

Mikeside

Ugh
I ordered too many copies of Office Home & Business 2013 for a project & now the supplier won't take the excess back. Livid.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Are we allow to wish Cheezmo a happy birthday despite the fact that tories also have birthdays?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What's your beef? I got 200% so might be able to help.

I gave up and looked on the net, but thanks.

I got stuck with decoding the numbers - I was using process of elimination in the graveyard room but realised I was going a bit mad. Some of those puzzles- insane - the monolith?! Metatron?! And then you look up metatron's cube and realise that Phil Fish is a legitimate genius. I have to say I didn't like the second ending as much as the first, but after reading up a bit (Gomez is Geezer?! What?!) I know for sure it's one of the best games I've ever played. Not many games make you think about how you perceive the world and how your perception is limited! And the music...

I can't speak for jimbor but I'm telling the truth.

Cool.

Well as long as we're all being honest I'll admit I'm not voting for UKIP or even the BNP.

Too soft.

If Mosley's Blackshirts were around today they'd get my vote but until we get someone with that kind of vision my vote goes nowhere.

jimbor

Banned
Cool.

Well as long as we're all being honest I'll admit I'm not voting for UKIP or even the BNP.

Too soft.

If Mosley's Blackshirts were around today they'd get my vote but until we get someone with that kind of vision my vote goes nowhere.

I'm not going to lie, I'm hoping Clarkson forms a Top Gear party (no blacks allowed), so much more professional than the UKIP amateurs.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is there a party that advocates for sharia law? If anything I think them thar womenfolk are getting way too uppity. I want my MP putting them in their places. Which is in the kitchen. Black eye optional.

At least I'm not racist though.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Going out... somewhere for dinner tomorrow for the wedding anniversary. Having a mad hard time trying to decide where. In Guildford the selection is pretty much 20 different Italian places, a pub or an Indian. Pretty crappy really. We always do Italian so probably won't be that, which is leaving me between a good pub (great beer, decent upper tier pub food) or an Indian which tbh feels a bit too 'normal' for an anniversary. We're not exactly living it up, but I'd like to go somewhere a bit different.

BGAF, what are your favourite types of places to eat?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Honest to gawd joke E heard last night "what do Muslim women think of nuns? Are they, like, cover your faces up you sluts!" Hilarious.

-

Sushi, wagamama and Mexican. Oh and Indian. But mostly sushi. Love sushi.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My friend spits at Wagamamas from a great height. Sees it as piss poor "Japanese" food.

Guess he'll never be welcome here.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Honest to gawd joke E heard last night "what do Muslim women think of nuns? Are they, like, cover your faces up you sluts!" Hilarious.

-

Sushi, wagamama and Mexican. Oh and Indian. But mostly sushi. Love sushi.

Yeah Mexican would be cool but there's none in town. We love Wagas but it's not really anniversary fodder IMO.

Just found a place outside of town (but on our bus route!) that looks nice but dear. hmmmmm

I could really treat her, go to Burger King AND KFC

Vegetarian places do some crazy good food(they have to generally, since vegetables suck), or fish, I love good fish.

psssh vegetarian. Do I look like an anaemic animal rights activist? Do I HAVE dreadlocks??

NinjaBoiX

Just make her a damn sammich Jedward.
I'm insulted and appalled quite honestly.

They really should be covering up, all the nuns I've seen are super ugly and old.

Lirlond

Yeah Mexican would be cool but there's none in town. We love Wagas but it's not really anniversary fodder IMO.

Just found a place outside of town (but on our bus route!) that looks nice but dear. hmmmmm

psssh vegetarian. Do I look like an anaemic animal rights activist? Do I HAVE dreadlocks??

I guarantee if you could grow dreadlocks you'd have em

On certain people dreadlocks are totally hot

dreadlock_zps46e9cf43.jpg

And I just realised I missed out on a perfect opportunity for an excuse to post topless Momoa pics.

Well I guess I should rectify that immediately.....

dreadlocktoplesscool_zps93a00cfb.jpg

topless_zps156b16e7.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Re: Subway halal / stunning petition - having a hard time parsing the intentions behind the fairly surprising recent backlash against halal meat. Since it's the fairly standard racists and idiots talking about it on my Facebook, it feels like it's coming from an islamaphobic angle, or some desire to "push back" against multiculturalism. On the other hand, I have a friend who cares passionately about animal rights and from the way he describes it the slaughter does sound more cruel.

I don't really have an opinion on the issue one way or another but I'm finding it's current place in the zeitgeist interesting, especially when it's being championed by UKIP supporters.

NinjaBoiX

I'm not repulsed by the aesthetics of dreadlocks, Zach looks totally boss with dreads:

jdG8csq.jpg

I just find the idea of having your hair plaited for weeks/months on end kind of disgusting.

Hystzen

Momoa rumour of him being cast as Aquaman is straight up god tier amazing idea.

Just had Final Fantasy XIV delivered never done a MMO before but needed something for PS4 that will waste the dead season and looked fun. Plus got collectors edition and it straight up boss that artwork

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, Subway has removed ham and bacon from the options? That's going a bit far. Just have halal options for all the other meats and keep the bacon and ham. I mean ham and bacon (not necessarily together) in a sandwich are institutions.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Wait, Subway has removed ham and bacon from the options? That's going a bit far. Just have halal options for all the other meats and keep the bacon and ham. I mean ham and bacon (not necessarily together) in a sandwich are institutions.

Not everywhere, I'm guessing only majority Muslim areas. 200 of 1500 stores.

Edit: to be fair, if I can't get my footling BMT any more there's def gonna be some hate crimes over aldershot way. I don't even know if we HAVE a mosque here...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I assumed it was only for the halal ones but I'm pretty sure the ones near me (or at least my work place) are. Not had a sub in ages though but turkey breast and ham was a boring usual go to option.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I think John Cage used crazy scores too. Love that stuff!

I caved in and downloaded child of light and trials.

NinjaBoiX

I just found this piece of music called "No. 41a" from Study for Player Piano by Conlon Nancarrow. The time signature is apparently this: 1/√π/√⅔

I can't... even... I...

My brain hurts just reading that.
Yeah, that's too random for me. Same with really loose freeform jazz, I just can't enjoy it.

Also, distinguishing time signatures is black magic to me. I can tell when it's an unusual one, but I couldn't tell you what it was half the time.

My mate's sister is crazy gifted musically, she's studied it for years. She can tell you off the bat within a few seconds the time signature of any given tune. Crazy.

Not exactly a useful life skill it has to be said but still pretty impressive.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah, that's too random for me. Same with really loose freeform jazz, I just can't enjoy it.

Also, distinguishing time signatures is black magic to me. I can tell when it's an unusual one, but I couldn't tell you what it was half the time.

My mate's sister is crazy gifted musically, she's studied it for years. She can tell you off the bat within a few seconds the time signature of any given tune. Crazy.

You should watch her listen to that song then. She might have an epileptic fit.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah, it's not the best but there are still some choice cuts on there. Sound of Silver is essential though.
I really like Someone Great but agree that album isn't very good.
Glad you're enjoying it man. Most of Moustache Machine's stuff is like that but I chose that track in particular because it's so shamelessly cheesey. If that sort of thing floats your boat I'd reccomend Maniac Synth and NewRetroWave as youtube channels, I just cruise that and roughly half of the tracks in the playlist came from there.
Yep yep those channels are great. Neros77 is also an awesome channel with mash ups of this type of music + movies such as this, Miami Nights 1984 - Ocean Drive with footage from Gogol 13 The Professional. It was that upload that made me watch the movie actually. This short video is better than the full thing I think.

Oh and check out the 80s style synth-pop thread if you haven't already.

Jed if I'm not too late, I suggest this. Nice little surprises like that do wonders!

Happy birthday Cheez

It's pretty easy actually, you don't really need to study music for years to be able to deduce a time signature.

NinjaBoiX

My car battery died last week, it was going to cost £90 to replace. Luckily my mechanic mate just told me he has a spare for me, bonus! Bank Holiday weekend is still on.

What are people up to? I can go out tomorrow like I'd planned now, probably just chill and have the lads over Sunday, then try and have a productive Monday job searching, doing laundry, all that dull life stuff.
It's pretty easy actually, you don't really need to study music for years to be able to deduce a time signature.
Sometimes, it depends what you're listening to. I can deduce a simple 3/4 4/4 or whatever but when it starts going into compound and fractional signatures I just have a brain fart.

I suppose it's easier when you actually play and write music though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom