• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Michaelside!

I have been listening to your mixtape. It's pretty far away from my comfort zone. I'm not good with such emotional directness. So far I like most of it though, although it's taking me a few listens. A Praise Chorus was on the first mix I made for E, too (with The Middle as well). The only one I really can't connect with is Bright Eyes, but I think I've already mentioned that. I got Lifted when it came out ages ago and although it was good songwriting etc etc I just couldn't handle his emotions all over the place.

Yeah, I think it's a very transparent tape, emotionally speaking. I love music that shoves emotional weakness right in your face and embraces it. They're always the best tracks to scream along to in the car on a journey up the M1 with your heart in your throat.

& yeah, Conor Oberst really does seem to have emotional ADHD, but there's something about Perfect Sonnet. It's angry, jealous, longing & desperate in the most beautiful way. I think it's pretty draining to listen to, though. A lot of his stuff before I'm Wide Awake was like that

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah, I think it's a very transparent tape, emotionally speaking. I love music that shoves emotional weakness right in your face and embraces it. They're always the best tracks to scream along to in the car on a journey up the M1 with your heart in your throat.

& yeah, Conor Oberst really does seem to have emotional ADHD, but there's something about Perfect Sonnet. It's angry, jealous, longing & desperate in the most beautiful way. I think it's pretty draining to listen to, though. A lot of his stuff before I'm Wide Awake was like that

I'll give it another go.

--

Another week closer to death. Happy end of week everyone!

Oh my lord, Elite: Dangerous looks incredible.

The video demonstrating the sheer volume of stars in a galaxy:

post-14325-Keanu-Reeves-whoa-gif-Imgur-xpmf.gif

Seems like one of those games though were by I purchase it off the back of one aspect, it arrives, and I then have no idea what I'm doing half an hour later!

Beautiful weather today here, hope it stays like this tomorrow! Time to bring out my pasty legs for all to see!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That was the last step in the initiation, Chinner.

You just have to hope there is something better at some point whether it's achieved via promotion or career change or something. That's what I hope anyway. I go through bouts of hating my job so much I dream about throwing my computer through a window before I go in and then other times I just get by treating it like the 9-5 it is and not thinking about it at all outside of the office. One thing that helps me is doing what I can to make it more interesting or challenging by assigning projects or organizing things in my own way in whatever capacity I can.

I live comfortably enough at my current wealth bracket so at this point it's really just about finding a quality of life replacement. Which is unfortunately a lot harder than just looking for a larger salary...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That and a new Alpha Centauri in one year? My inner 20 year old is wanking furiously already.

The video demonstrating the sheer volume of stars in a galaxy:

post-14325-Keanu-Reeves-whoa-gif-Imgur-xpmf.gif

Seems like one of those games though were by I purchase it off the back of one aspect, it arrives, and I then have no idea what I'm doing half an hour later!

Beautiful weather today here, hope it stays like this tomorrow! Time to bring out my pasty legs for all to see!

It's come on quite away since the BBC Micro days. This and No Man's Sky have me seriously considering purchasing a real computer.

it's taken 6 months, but i think i've got to the point where i hate my job and it deeply depresses me.

Got to that point myself in the last month. Although to be fair it isn't really the job as much as the hours. I work 12 hour shifts on a 2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off rota. Doesn't sound so bad but the night shifts are so boring as there is nothing for my department to do but everyone else in the office is busy. No one to talk to and I can't entertain myself other than sneakily going on GAF (like now).

The only thing that keeps me here is that I get a 25% pay bonus for unsocial hours.

So I handed my notice in at work today after finally getting my contract through.

Interesting read. So not only am I getting paid more to do a more interesting, less stressful, nicer job, but I'm also gonna be working less hours and I get more days holiday. Win win win.

Ashes

Banned
So I handed my notice in at work today after finally getting my contract through.

Interesting read. So not only am I getting paid more to do a more interesting, less stressful, nicer job, but I'm also gonna be working less hours and I get more days holiday. Win win win.

Hopefully it turns out that way too.

SKINNER!

Banned

BuCZZ1i.gif

So win win :) Well deserved.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Well done you!

Vashetti

Banned
wtf is it about a bit of sun in Britain that makes blokes think it's okay to walk around shops with their tops off

I'd refuse to serve them

unless they were super hot

Mr. Sam

wtf is it about a bit of sun in Britain that makes blokes think it's okay to walk around shops with their tops off

I'd refuse to serve them

I'm happy with the ladies taking off whatever they like - I'm a feminist. That said, despite actually being in good shape, I'm not the sort to wander around a shop with my top off. Nor a street. Maybe the park.

NinjaBoiX

sqBmE.gif

I'd refuse to serve them

The shedding of clothing by attractive girls and overweight old dudes is one of the best things about summer; you get to perv on and ridicule people at the same time.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I don't know about Bronies but there were lots of rugby folks. It's warm, innit?

Today's news is as follows (!) :

E got a job!! When her current contract finishes (thanks Gove!) she'll be starting at another school in Manc in September, TAing the age 5-7ers.

So we went and had posh steak. Chateaubriand OK!

And we saw Godzilla. Sad and disappointed meh.

8bit

Knows the Score
I don't know about Bronies but there were lots of rugby folks. It's warm, innit?

E got a job!! When her current contract finishes (thanks Gove!) she'll be starting at another school in Manc in September, TAing the age 5-7ers.

Yay, yay, boo!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yay, yay, boo!

Thanks, thanks and I know, right?!

Godzilla stuff (just my opinion on it, mind):

It had moments of immense potential but the majority of the film is carried by a character that is little more than an outline. It's oddly paced and when the booming does start, it's over in about ten minutes. It felt like a film made by committee.

That's brilliant news! Congrats to E x

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Marvellous! Congrats to E!

Hystzen

Was slumming it about in Manchester yesterday and saw Lily Cole. Normal i thought she looked alright but fuck she in hot person. Ended up walking around town with the not girlfriend in the heat with a boner.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Got to that point myself in the last month. Although to be fair it isn't really the job as much as the hours. I work 12 hour shifts on a 2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off rota. Doesn't sound so bad but the night shifts are so boring as there is nothing for my department to do but everyone else in the office is busy. No one to talk to and I can't entertain myself other than sneakily going on GAF (like now).

The only thing that keeps me here is that I get a 25% pay bonus for unsocial hours.

Gah. Chuck it and find a better job. I kind of got stuck in a job early on and ended up spending 25 years on call 24 hours every damn day before I had the sense to quit. Do it earlier rather than later.

Woohooo! Good on you Musha.

You mean working fewer hours. Congratulations!

(even I am not that much of a pedant sir!)

Good on E! (And has this in common with my wife, my mother-in-law and my sister - so when you get the inevitable stuff, sploat, I shall understand)

Was slumming it about in Manchester yesterday and saw Lily Cole. Normal i thought she looked alright but fuck she in hot person. Ended up walking around town with the not girlfriend in the heat with a boner.

Oh, hi Hystzen. I think I only quoted you to finish off a multiquote. Nice to see you.

NinjaBoiX

Happy Birthday Skeleton!

I finally started watching Adventure Time, it's reet funny and really imaginative! The voices are awesome too, loads of oddball characters. Finn seems OK if a little bland, Jake is pretty funny though. He reminds me a little of Bender (probably DiMaggio's voice more than anything but I'm not complaining).

But Lumpy Space Princess man, absolutely hilarious! She cracks me up whenever she opens her mouth.

Happy Birthday Skeleton!

I finally started watching Adventure Time, it's reet funny and really imaginative! The voices are awesome too, loads of oddball characters. Finn seems OK if a little bland, Jake is pretty funny though. He reminds me a little of Bender (probably DiMaggio's voice more than anything but I'm not complaining).

But Lumpy Space Princess man, absolutely hilarious! She cracks me up whenever she opens her mouth.

Oh my glob, you hadn't seen Adventure Time? Good on you for rectifying that, totally mathematical!

Happy birthday skeleton

Mr. Sam

Show me your skeleton!

Happy Birthday Skeleton!

Dungeon, for me, is the absolute highlight of that show, though I've lost track of it now that it's exceeded four seasons.

The Amazing World of Gumball is my favourite animated show on television right now. It relies less on zaniness and non-sequiturs than Adventure Time but is consistently funnier.

Regular Show rounds out the trinity nicely.

Hystzen

Happy Birthday Skeleton!

No mention of the Ice King....oh wait it because everybody knows he best character in show so no need mention him as it common knowledge

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Have been doing the gardening, it's nice out there. Now I've finished I know I should probably go sit out in it but I kinda just want to stay I and play video games.

Nothing ever changes, really.

congratulations on all the good stuff you good people.
it's my birthday today, fuck.

Happy Birthday to you! Got any plans for the day?

Have been doing the gardening, it's nice out there. Now I've finished I know I should probably go sit out in it but I kinda just want to stay I and play video games.

Nothing ever changes, really.

I reckon I'd be pretty good at gardening, well once I've spent months creating awesome designs and realising they'd be expensive to accomplish!
Id say try a handheld, but the only flaw with them is that you can't see anything on screen when the sun appears!

Ended up with patchy sunburn yesterday thanks to not evenly applying my sun cream :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom