• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Have been doing the gardening, it's nice out there. Now I've finished I know I should probably go sit out in it but I kinda just want to stay I and play video games.

Nothing ever changes, really.

Yep. Got up early today, edited a big splodge of stuff I wrote a while ago, read some books (Fun Home is pretty darn good, some stuff about Van Gogh and a heavy book about colour theory in art), did a little bit of doodling and now what?!? Hearthstone portal. I've just lost 2 hours of my day and feel guilty.

Congratulations to E. They do say that E's are good.

Thank you. Yes, they are.

8bit

Knows the Score
Congratulations to E. They do say that E's are good.

Naughty, naughty, verrrry naughty!

The Shamen were the band that blew my mind, in 1988 the Agit Prop stuff of Knature of a Girl kind of resonated but I went to see them in 89 as part of the Synergy tour and it was like nothing else I'd ever experienced. (Also, I was pretty friendly with E that night.) I fell down the stairs of Glasgow Caledonian College student union and it was an amazing rush and not, you know, deadly.

Anyway, today I've been mostly clearing the winter garden of old toys that my children no longer want and terrible German beer I no longer want or is expired. Then I burned some meat and halloumi.

I paid for a gardener to come and deal with the green shit in my garden last week as I don't have time to deal with it and I hate plants, although he nearly died by falling down the stairs to my basement head first.

I have no garden :(

But I do have a balcony which I am current sat on having a beer and enjoying the glorious sunshine

A8DBC447-A779-4943-A974-D6F78ADBFE36_zpszgi818uo.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
Have been doing the gardening, it's nice out there. Now I've finished I know I should probably go sit out in it but I kinda just want to stay I and play video games.

Nothing ever changes, really.
Was just having this conversation with someone yesterday. Growing up in sunny California but being into video games made every weekend a guilt trip until I did something outdoors.

Jealous of your garden and Musha's balcony. I've got a balcony but it's never in sunlight so it's pointless.

Sitting here eating cheese with the sun beaming in my room though!

Danj

Being ginger haired I burn very easily so I tend to avoid the rays of the day star when it comes out. While I don't have a balcony (on account of how I'm on the ground floor) I do have patio doors that lead to the back garden (they're the opening kind rather then the sliding kind).

AcridMeat

Banned
Being ginger haired I burn very easily so I tend to avoid the rays of the day star when it comes out. While I don't have a balcony (on account of how I'm on the ground floor) I do have patio doors that lead to the back garden (they're the opening kind rather then the sliding kind).
This is actually a great distinction. Now I know it's possible for you to burst through those doors singing to the moon like all of those movies I've seen on the electronic box.

Really though that sounds pretty swell.

AcridMeat

Banned
Morning Mormons. Good weekend?
Fucking ace my good sploats.

1, interview for job went well this past week so organizing in office interview this week
2, made it to gold in league of legends woo
3, friend flew up here sunday to see me
4, broke dry spell thanks to said friend

:D

SKINNER!

Banned
my dude! how'd that baseball game go?

Lmao, horrendous. we lost 14-0.

oFk4CZC.gif

Pitcher had an off day and let 7 runs in on the first inning. I got struck-out...twice.

Managed to get a hit on my third attempt on the plate but got put out on my way to first base. 2 wins/3 losses this season so far. More batting practise for me with fast pitches I think. Until then...

HYkqC.gif

I bet you went didn't you

bff29048b93cea29fc2a2953dde0e393.jpg

ha, love/d the office.

anyway thank you all for your birthday well-wishings. i had a lovely day in the sun, eating chips with my girlfriend. had a nice meal the night before too, always good to indulge in a burger bigger than your face.
i caught the sun a bit so now i'm just sat here, bright red, enjoying/hating dark souls 2. got the week off work so that'll probably be my main activity for the week, despite lots of work needed to be done on the soundtrack to apexicon.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sat on my balcony listening to the wind in the tree's sipping shandy and eating pistachios....

So yes, you?

Really nice and chilled. A little bit of cleaning and some 'creative pursuits' so I feel quite mellow. Also work looking a bit quieter for the first time in weeks, so I'm happy. Helps that E got the job too!

Pistachios are nice. Not as nice as cashews, but a good solid nut.

Fucking ace my good sploats.

1, interview for job went well this past week so organizing in office interview this week
2, made it to gold in league of legends woo
3, friend flew up here sunday to see me
4, broke dry spell thanks to said friend

:D

All good!!

Had a mixed weekend.

Enjoyed myself on Saturday, went to watch THE BIG GAME in a pub in Wembley. Arsenal won so we got smashed to celebrate. Great atmosphere as well because there's no real rivalry between Arsenal and Hull so everyone just got on with it.

Sunday did virtually nothing except drink in the sun. Unfotunately, it seems I had to much to drink because, after putting on a washing at 6 PM, I fell asleep on my bed. When I woke up at 1 AM, I remember my shirts are in the machine. As I pull them out I find that not only have I washed my shirts, I also managed to wash my
PS Vita
God knows how it got in there but after being fully submerged and tumbling around for over an hour needless to say it has crossed the River Styx.

:(

Just in time for my holidays as well; ordered a new one this morning because Everybody's Golf is just too important. At least I only work till Thursday this week, then I jet off.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Why is it so quiet?

Are FakeGAF and whatsapp killing our posters?

Can we protect our green and pleasant thread?

Is our children learning?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Had a mixed weekend.

Enjoyed myself on Saturday, went to watch THE BIG GAME in a pub in Wembley. Arsenal won so we got smashed to celebrate. Great atmosphere as well because there's no real rivalry between Arsenal and Hull so everyone just got on with it.

Sunday did virtually nothing except drink in the sun. Unfotunately, it seems I had to much to drink because, after putting on a washing at 6 PM, I fell asleep on my bed. When I woke up at 1 AM, I remember my shirts are in the machine. As I pull them out I find that not only have I washed my shirts, I also managed to wash my
PS Vita
God knows how it got in there but after being fully submerged and tumbling around for over an hour needless to say it has crossed the River Styx.

Just in time for my holidays as well; ordered a new one this morning because Everybody's Golf is just too important. At least I only work till Thursday this week, then I jet off.

Oh no! You should've said, I don't use my Oled anymore. I'm trying out Muramasa this lunchtime btw. I've played it before but didn't really give it a chance.

Where are you going on holiday?

Oh no! You should've said, I don't use my Oled anymore. I'm trying out Muramasa this lunchtime btw. I've played it before but didn't really give it a chance.

Where are you going on holiday?

Fuuuuuu!

I forgot you've got an old OLED. If memory serves you replaced it for a lime green Vita slim, no?

It's too late now, I ordered an OLED one at 10 this morning and it's already shipped for next day delivery. Could have saved myself £150 too ;_;

I'm hoping that the 16GB memory card I have survived. it was inside and the flap is fairly solid. The card itself looked fine so we'll have to see. Thankfully in this digital age I should still be able to get things I payed for on PSN without paying twice; Persona 3 and 4 being the main ones. Assuming the memory card isn't dead as well I wonder whether my saved data will carry over okay to the new one...

Otherwise, both Murumasa and Everybody's Golf are still free on PS+ so at least I'll have those. I enjoyed the former; it's a beautiful game. The environments in the background in particular are stunning. Aside from that it's more or less "press square to everything" but I liked it.

Oh and I'm going to Sardinia with my pah pah. Stopping off briefly at his place in Geneva on the way there and back.

Had a mixed weekend.

PS Vita

I was not expecting such a dramatic twist! That's a real downer :(

Do you have contents insurance to claim on?

NinjaBoiX

Why is it so quiet?

Yup, nailed it. You a smart cookie.

FakeGAF > SkypeGAF > WhatsAppGAF > BritGAF > OT GAF > Gaming side

I know for a fact that Thomas Timmybrooke says you're all smelly pooheads and he's just gonna hang out with the cool kids from now on. He told me he has found a safe, nurturing environment in which to soar.

Nope.

I think the only bit of hardware I actually have insured is my PS4.

Besides, stupid as it sounds I really want one in my hands before Friday so even if I could get a replacement I'd still be down about it because I wouldn't have one for my trip.

Of course though I should have consulted BritGAF first; I may have thrown away £150 for no reason.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Today I've mostly been posting about Watchmen.

I thought the film was Ok, I'd like to see the full 4 hour version,though. The book is great. Have you read any Before Watchmen?

Otherwise, both Murumasa and Everybody's Golf are still free on PS+ so at least I'll have those. I enjoyed the former; it's a beautiful game. The environments in the background in particular are stunning. Aside from that it's more or less "press square to everything" but I liked it.

Oh and I'm going to Sardinia with my pah pah. Stopping off briefly at his place in Geneva on the way there and back.

Sounds lovely!!!

I gave it a go, but it's not for me. Looks amazing but (I) I just can't get into anime styled things and (ii) it plays a bit like Dynasty Warriors for me - ie spam buttons until you level up, listen to some Eastern legends and repeat. Bah. Feeling a bit of a Vita drought at the mo. Borderlands is meant to be poo.

I know for a fact that Thomas Timmybrooke says you're all smelly pooheads and he's just gonna hang out with the cool kids from now on. He told me he has found a safe, nurturing environment in which to soar.

Argh! Not even third tier.

FakeGAF is just too flirty and boisterous for me. I like slow and chaste interactions.

SkypeGAF means REAL CONVERSATIONS.

WhatsAppGAF makes me go a bit crazy.

OT GAF is serious stuff.

Gaming side is the Wild West.

NinjaBoiX

SkypeGAF?
It's just a Skype group Mutes set Up to sit and chat shit, video call, all that jazz. Some random GAF peeps but mainly fakeGAF.
He said that?

Next time I see him I'll deck him, swear on me mam
See, this is the kind of thing he's talking about, too many big meanies bullying him in here.

Nasty pastie.
WTF is FakeGaf?

Edit: most of those mean dickpics, I know some people here have been inundated with falic imagery...
Just an off topic community. Started as real pic January then went off on a mad tangent ever since.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I think they are actually, Holby City recently moved here too.

Bore da!
bloody hell, took a while to reply to that post eh!??

Why is it so quiet?

Can we protect our green and pleasant thread?

Is our children learning?
something something deaths are coming

lol why is gaming side even on there

Reknoc

muramasa is typical vanillaware shit of looking good but playing like garbage. its actually quite offensive to dynasty warriors to be compared to a vanillaware game.

i did like dragons crown though.

edit: muramasa did give me a case for my vita so it's not all bad i guess.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the film was Ok, I'd like to see the full 4 hour version,though. The book is great. Have you read any Before Watchmen?

Watchmen is too perfect. It's my favourite bit of literature. I couldn't bring myself to read any of the Before... stuff.

I'm a bit of a fanboy, so I wasn't too onboard with the film. Looked nice, though.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
something something deaths are coming

I'm working on my grim reaper persona. Just need a few 'coincidental' deaths to take place.

ps congrats re the baby, I forgot to say!

muramasa is typical vanillaware shit of looking good but playing like garbage. its actually quite offensive to dynasty warriors to be compared to a vanillaware game.

i did like dragons crown though.

edit: muramasa did give me a case for my vita so it's not all bad i guess.

Dynasty Warriors just didn't do it for me either. Clearly I am racist to Japan. Phil Fish was right!

Watchmen is too perfect. It's my favourite bit of literature. I couldn't bring myself to read any of the Before... stuff.

I'm a bit of a fanboy, so I wasn't too onboard with the film. Looked nice, though.

Im calling batman vs Superman as being totally rubbish.

Ta, I think. Some people went a bit crazy. There was about 20% interesting discussion (at least to me who cares about this kind of thing).

Don't worry it was a compliment. GAF tends to go nuts about antyhing gender related. So, lurking, I observed you bring out good discussion and the crazies all at once. Tres bon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom