• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
I thought the film was Ok, I'd like to see the full 4 hour version,though. The book is great. Have you read any Before Watchmen?

Best version of Watchmen is The Incredibles.

I started to read the Before Watchmen stuff, other than the Darwyn Cooke art it's roundly dreadful. And I don't rate Watchmen all that highly either. It's fine as a snapshot of it's time but not much more.

I'm just bitter Twilight of the Superheroes never got off the ground.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Don't worry it was a compliment. GAF tends to go nuts about antyhing gender related. So, lurking, I observed you bring out good discussion and the crazies all at once. Tres bon.

Merci monseiur. Le jambon est marveilleux!Mon compliments avec le chef 'Tefal'.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Best version of Watchmen is The Incredibles.

I started to read the Before Watchmen stuff, other than the Darwyn Cooke art it's roundly dreadful. And I don't rate Watchmen all that highly either. It's fine as a snapshot of it's time but not much more.

I'm just bitter Twilight of the Superheroes never got off the ground.

Yeah I thought the Darwyn arc was lovely stuff (but it could just have well been a Darwyn book without all the fanfare) but the rest was pretty missable. Still, it was nowhere near as bad as I had originally feared.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I thought the Darwyn arc was lovely stuff (but it could just have well been a Darwyn book without all the fanfare) but the rest was pretty missable. Still, it was nowhere near as bad as I had originally feared.

I heard that the Doc Manhattan one has him travelling through alternate possible timelines. Considering Time in Watchmen is strictly deterministic, I think I'd tear my head off reading it...

Nope.

I think the only bit of hardware I actually have insured is my PS4.

Besides, stupid as it sounds I really want one in my hands before Friday so even if I could get a replacement I'd still be down about it because I wouldn't have one for my trip.

Of course though I should have consulted BritGAF first; I may have thrown away £150 for no reason.

Damn :(
Not temtped by the 2000 model then I take it?
Glad to know what on earth Fakegaf is, I assumed until now that they meant football gaf, ie the fake britgaf!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Damn :(
Not temtped by the 2000 model then I take it?
Glad to know what on earth Fakegaf is, I assumed until now that they meant football gaf, ie the fake britgaf!

The 2000 is pretty swish imo.

I've decided I'm gonna take a punt on BL2. If you're not into JRPGs and you've played the Indies (which are admittedly pretty damn good) and Tearaway there's not much else.

I've decided I'm gonna take a punt on BL2. If you're not into JRPGs and you've played the Indies (which are admittedly pretty damn good) and Tearaway there's not much else.

If someone offered me a like for like swap I'd be seriously tempted, just for the better battery life and smaller rear touchpad. The OLED screen is massively overvalued to me.

AcridMeat

Banned
Lmao, horrendous. we lost 14-0.

Pitcher had an off day and let 7 runs in on the first inning. I got struck-out...twice.

Managed to get a hit on my third attempt on the plate but got put out on my way to first base. 2 wins/3 losses this season so far. More batting practise for me with fast pitches I think. Until then...
Ha man, that sounds so rough. You guys play full 9 innings as well? You know as they say, "Keep hitting those balls!"
All good!!
It's nice to have good things once in a while. :D How's your hearthaddiction?
Why is it so quiet?

Are FakeGAF and whatsapp killing our posters?

Can we protect our green and pleasant thread?

Is our children learning?
I'm a sleepy man. Go listen to the mix.

Son Of D

I really should post in here more often. Although I have been busy with a video project over the past few days. Went out filming early in the morning today (about 1AM) and it all went well until the thunder and lightning started. Thunder and lightning that wasn't forecasted at all when I checked.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ha man, that sounds so rough. You guys play full 9 innings as well? You know as they say, "Keep hitting those balls!"

It's nice to have good things once in a while. :D How's your hearthaddiction?

I'm a sleepy man. Go listen to the mix.

Right. Its ohn.

Deep addiction. Not good. What is point of life? Point of life is MORE CARDS

Reknoc

BL2 looked pretty repulsive last time I saw it, wasn't a huge fan of it on PC so i'm not massively into playing it looking like the first minute of loading a new area before the textures load in.

At least I have Soul Sacrifice Delta until whatever the next vita thing I'm interested in is.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
BL2 looked pretty repulsive last time I saw it, wasn't a huge fan of it on PC so i'm not massively into playing it looking like the first minute of loading a new area before the textures load in.

At least I have Soul Sacrifice Delta until whatever the next vita thing I'm interested in is.

Yeah, I'm really pessimistic. It's just a bit jarring because I've played through (and loved) most of the smaller games but want something meaty to lose hours in. I wish I'd enjoyed P4G as that would probably have been perfect. I thought about Delta (which will probably be great) but I'm burned out on SS after deciding I was going to get the platinum trophy and then grinding for hours and hours.

Can you recommend anything? I know it's tricky - I reckon that all the games I'd like are probably JRPGs or something similar, but I know I'll struggle if it is in that kind of milieu.

Yeah, I'm really pessimistic. It's just a bit jarring because I've played through (and loved) most of the smaller games but want something meaty to lose hours in. I wish I'd enjoyed P4G as that would probably have been perfect. I thought about Delta (which will probably be great) but I'm burned out on SS after deciding I was going to get the platinum trophy and then grinding for hours and hours.

Can you recommend anything? I know it's tricky - I reckon that all the games I'd like are probably JRPGs or something similar, but I know I'll struggle if it is in that kind of milieu.

Killzone Mercenary? Pretty solid singleplayer, and a multiplayer that is very simple but lures me back in for me, ala Uncharted 2 multiplayer.

Reknoc

this is hard because P4G is my go to recommendation! I guess my current vita faves Project Diva f, Ys Memories of Celceta, Dragons Crown, and Danganronpa.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
this is hard because P4G is my go to recommendation! I guess my current vita faves Project Diva f, Ys Memories of Celceta, Dragons Crown, and Danganronpa.
Yes and hell yes. Danganronpa is excellent and if you liked P4G you will love it.

Reknoc

Yes and hell yes. Danganronpa is excellent and if you liked P4G you will love it.

sploats doesn't like P4G and wouldn't try Danganronpa the last time i recommended it :(

the Vita also has MGS 1 - 3, but even though MGS3 is GOAT i have a hard time recommending the vita version because the controls are so bad :(

Reknoc

I think sploat said she platinum'd killzone mercenary.

I confess I do not have a single platinum :(

psht casual....

my only plats are a lego game, and sly cooper 1 HD which you get just for completing the games and collecting everything (which is super easy to do). Oh and Tomb Raider Legend (which was also easy)

NinjaBoiX

How the fuck do you not like Persona?
I played a few hours of Persona 3 Portable, didn't really dig it. I thought it was a fairly rudimentary dungeon crawler with some weird social link/dating sim thingy tacked on. Loads of busywork too, couldn't be boshed with it, bored me to tears. Too much digging through menus and talking to loquacious anime dullards about banal high school bullshit.

Much tsundere.

It looked nice though, the presentation was cool.

I think sploat said she platinum'd killzone mercenary.

I confess I do not have a single platinum :(

Balls. I've got to be honest unless I'm familiar with a name and avatar combo, posts blur into this voice in my head that I assume everyone talks like.

Only two plats here, Ass Creak 2, and Jak & Daxter. I finished both games with around 80% of the trophies, seemed foolish not to finish the rest off in order to say I've got a plat or two.

the "dating sim" stuff ties directly into the dungeon crawler bit (as in, if you ignore the Social Links you're never getting decent Personas), but okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Eh, most of what you just said is bull, Ninja. Anime criticism and high school disinterest aren't really legitimate criticism since they are major facets of the game setting. Persona's protagonists are high school students and the art style is Japanese animation. It'd be a bit like loading up a racing game and complaining that the driver's don't have enough personality, lol.

But I understand where you're coming from in terms of the dungeon crawling, though I really love the social link system and found crafting strategy for each dungeon worthwhile.

NinjaBoiX

I didn't play much to be fair, and it's not the kind of game where you really see the full picture until 10+ hours I assume, but it immediately just didn't seem like my thing.

And "tacked on" was probably a poor choice of words Coldman. I simply meant that it's a dungeon crawler with a dating sim aspect, not that it felt incongruous. I know your personas are tied into the social links and stuff.

I didn't play much to be fair, and it's not the kind of game where you really see the full picture until 10+ hours I assume, but it immediately just didn't seem like my thing.

And "tacked on" was probably a poor choice of words Coldman. I simply meant that it's a dungeon crawler with a dating sim aspect, not that it felt incongruous. I know your personas are tied into the social links and stuff.

I was just being pedantic for pedantry's sake. For what it's worth, Persona 3 is filled with Social Links where I'm just hammering Triangle because ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god damn it shut up and give me your Max Level Persona already, no I don't CARE if you're hot for teacher jesus christ

Obviously it's for people who like their games, er, "methodically paced", shall we say. You're absolutely right that the game doesn't open up really until like 20 hours, but P3 doesn't really make an effort to keep you invested for that long.

P4 is much more endearing, FWIW.

Chinner

Banned
I played a few hours of Persona 3 Portable, didn't really dig it. I thought it was a fairly rudimentary dungeon crawler with some weird social link/dating sim thingy tacked on. Loads of busywork too, couldn't be boshed with it, bored me to tears. Too much digging through menus and talking to loquacious anime dullards about banal high school bullshit.

Much tsundere.

It looked nice though, the presentation was cool.

i havent played the series, but apparently according to persona 'fans' P4 portable is where it gets good.

The Supervet is probably one of the best british reality shows on TV at the moment.

Dude opens up the chest of a cat who has gone into cardiac arrest, and puts his fingers in to give him a direct heart massage. Saved the poor bugger's life.

I was just being pedantic for pedantry's sake. For what it's worth, Persona 3 is filled with Social Links where I'm just hammering Triangle because ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god damn it shut up and give me your Max Level Persona already, no I don't CARE if you're hot for teacher jesus christ

Obviously it's for people who like their games, er, "methodically paced", shall we say. You're absolutely right that the game doesn't open up really until like 20 hours, but P3 doesn't really make an effort to keep you invested for that long.

So for future reference, P4 gets going a lot quicker? 20 hours for a game to open up just isn't my thing!

Just started Red Dead Redemption. Hope it lives up to the great hype placed on its shoulders!

NinjaBoiX

i havent played the series, but apparently according to persona 'fans' P4 portable is where it gets good.
So I hear, but I sold my vita.

Let's see how P5 turns out, I assume given the release window that a PS4 version is planned.
Just started Red Dead Redemption. Hope it lives up to the great hype placed on its shoulders!
Great game dude, just enjoy it at your own pace, take in the lush scenery.

The 360 version is one of the better looking games last gen too. The PS3 port is disappointing, but still absolutely a fantastic game.

Reknoc

I'm not a massive fan of s.links or being constrained by a time limit but I love the style, music, story, and dungeon stuff of persona games.

So for future reference, P4 gets going a lot quicker? 20 hours for a game to open up just isn't my thing!

...I'm not sure if I'd go on record with that, but it's at least funnier and more likeable during its slow moments. P3 is kinda filled with cold-arse wankers for the first 20 hours (although they blossom into a wonderful cast by the end), whereas P4's protagonists are fun from the beginning.

Well, except Yosuke. Fuck Yosuke.

So I hear, but I sold my vita.

Let's see how P5 turns out, I assume given the release window that a PS4 version is planned.

Great game dude, just enjoy it at your own pace, take in the lush scenery.

The 360 version is one of the better looking games last gen too. The PS3 port is disappointing, but still absolutely a fantastic game.

PS3 version, so the image quality is pretty dire. I'm looking forward to just goofing around, and get immersed in the world! I actually played a little previously, but I can only remember something about a race on horseback?

It's the GOTY edition too, so I've got Undead Nightmare to try too. It will all keep me busy for a while!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
sploats doesn't like P4G and wouldn't try Danganronpa the last time i recommended it :(

the Vita also has MGS 1 - 3, but even though MGS3 is GOAT i have a hard time recommending the vita version because the controls are so bad :(

It's nothing personal! I'm just closed minded and slightly dead inside.

PS if you like Dynasty Warriors, have you tried Smite? I played it tonight with a friend from work. Let me know if you wanna join one night (offer open to all ye :) )

Those dudes dancing in heels at britain's got talent.

Whoah.

Y U no accept my hearthstone invite?

While it's all games talk, Daps / ninj / quiche (if you're back from hols) if you fancy any MK this week let me know.

And on Persona. Everything Ninj said plus...

I think so much depends on whether you like the characters. I know a lot of people find them charming and quirky, but I just found them smug, screechy and abominably adolescent. I couldn't stand being in their company.

Reknoc

It's nothing personal! I'm just closed minded and slightly dead inside.

PS if you like Dynasty Warriors, have you tried Smite? I played it tonight with a friend from work. Let me know if you wanna join one night (offer open to all ye :) )

I haven't tried it before, it's a MOBA isn't it? I generally avoid them as they seem to draw in a community more toxic than Australia's fauna. I'd always be up for a game though.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I haven't tried it before, it's a MOBA isn't it? I generally avoid them as they seem to draw in a community more toxic than Australia's fauna. I'd always be up for a game though.

Yeah. It's a MOBA, but with a third person view, so you charge at bases and beat up fodder. I don't know about community, I don't think it's gotten as bad as some of the others. I've just played Co-op so far and it's just quite light hearted and fun. I will look into it!

Reknoc

Yeah. It's a MOBA, but with a third person view, so you charge at bases and beat up fodder. I don't know about community, I don't think it's gotten as bad as some of the others. I've just played Co-op so far and it's just quite light hearted and fun. I will look into it!

Well maybe dota and lol are doing a good job at keeping the dicks to themselves.

Also my b.net is Reknoc#2520 for the rare time sill load up hearthstone lol

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's probably my favourite game of all time ever. I really wish I could play it for the first time again.

And undead nightmare is pretty cool, I loved the horses.

be-like-clint.gif

Darren870

HA! Funny Ban. Pretty long for 3 weeks.
Rule #1 Can't fight with Devo otherwise you get das boot!

Think I am going to go oogling this evening to show my creepy side. I'll be wearing sweatpants and a hoodie to make myself look like a creep.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How to deal with GAF arguments:

Let off your steam in an external area like IRC, WhatsApp or even your Twitter (though since this is public it is a little less safe but I doubt your followers would snitch) so you get the benefit of being able to call the other party a jimjam without the risk of being banned because you never posted it on GAF. Then you respond with "Really? REALLY?" which apparently had the power to annoy 90% of GAF so you'll auto win because the other party will become to angry to respond back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom