• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I think there are just some people who it's best not to engage with. Those that do often end up with concrete boots.

But sometimes, you just need to tell someone they're a twat.

Life is a seesaw.

Top of the morning! Yesterday was SUPER HOT. Now today we get to cool off with a little H2O in our faces.

So, I read through that thread that popped off between Musha and the other girls, and I can't understand why she was banned. She didn't insult others, even if she was getting personal. *scratches head* Oh well.

Wolfenstein still not in the mail...
jb2vzNa9aLtckj.jpg

Qasiel

I think there are just some people who it's best not to engage with. Those that do often end up with concrete boots.

But sometimes, you just need to tell someone they're a twat.

Life is a seesaw.

This is quite true. Sometimes the best way to deal with certain posters is to have a Roll-the-eyes, "move along, nothing to see here" attitude otherwise it may come back to bite you on the arse.

NinjaBoiX

Happy Birthday Dave! Have a good one big man.

Lol at everyone saying Devo gets preferential treatment. I've argued with her plenty, never got me a ban.

NinjaBoiX

You're a GAF celeb though :p
Haha, tru dat.

*dons Ray Bans*

But seriously, wherever one of our own gets banned, it's always:

"OMG, this is an outrage! They did absolutely nothing wrong, it's all the other person's fault!" When 9/10 it's completely justified.

Sucks when a pal gets banned, but take off the rose-tinted specs and look at it objectively innit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Haha, tru dat.

*dons Ray Bans*

"OMG, this is an outrage! They did absolutely nothing wrong, it's all the other person's fault!" When 9/10 it's completely justified.

Sucks when a pal gets banned, but take off the rose-tinted specs and look at it objectively innit.

Nah sometimes it's justified like whenever jimbor feels like being a supercunt(tm) but this one was pretty much bullshit. It's what I hate most about bans, there's no discussion at all. Could be that the mod read Mush's post oddly - it was perhaps a bit baiting but wasn't sexist (at least to me). Devo was and is just as obnoxious.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Happy birthday David! Have a smoke for me.

I want Musha back. Too many damn blokes in this thread :p

Full on self-loathing today. Anyone else hate themselves? Admittedly doesn't help that I've got the Holy Bible on repeat but gah I hate hot weather. Summer makes me want to do stupid things.

SteveWD40

I agree, but:

Could be that the mod read Mush's post oddly - it was perhaps a bit baiting but wasn't sexist (at least to me). Devo was and is just as obnoxious.

This is true, in this case it's just petty.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Happy birthday David! Have a smoke for me.

I want Musha back. Too many damn blokes in this thread :p

Full on self-loathing today. Anyone else hate themselves? Admittedly doesn't help that I've got the Holy Bible on repeat but gah I hate hot weather. Summer makes me want to do stupid things.

Love yourself sploatee, it's more fun and requires less energy. You deserve your own love.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's become standard procedure for me to hate myself these days. And it leads to temporarily convincing myself that everyone else feels the same about me.

They don't.

But it's crap, isn't it. I despise myself pretty much 80% of the time and know exactly what you mean. I'm pretty much convinced that nobody likes me and every single person I know ridicules me behind my back (deservedly). You've got to keep it in check or you start to umm express your self hatred, shall I say. It's always bad for me in the summertime. Every time I've been hospitalised has been summer. look at that, monumental oversharing. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk.

Rainbows! Bulldog puppies! Steak!

Happy Birthday Smoky David! Isn't he banned as well?

Since I got banned the first time I've had to learn to "check myself before I wreck myself" when it comes to an edgy post. That month felt like an eternity. But now I know better than to troll in threads a mod started, with the view to glorify the British Empire's oppression of indigenous peoples.

Picking up Wolfenstein: New Order after work today, and hopefully got a new Vita waiting for me when I get back too. Stuck my memory card in a bag of rice, hopefully that sorts it out, otherwise there's one in the bundle and I'll just have to restart my golfing career. Also, I assume that so long as I'm logged into my PSN account, I won't have to repurchase things i got previously? I was going NG+ in P4G and don't want to have to do the whole 70 hour slog again;
Yukiko is the best waifu, Risette and Chie fans are tasteless plebians

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Rainbows! Bulldog puppies! Steak!

Each of which are out to kill you and everyone you love!

Look at this shady bugger:

Ever noticed that a Rainbow is a giant multi-coloured frown? I didn't till now.

What about this abomination:

Ghastly. He wouldn't think twice about dancing and slobbering on each of our graves.

I couldn't find a decent picture of a steak, so here is a pre-steak:

Those are the cold dead eyes of an implacable foe capable of monstrous acts the likes of which you've never seen. It's a cow eat cow world out there, either she gets steaked or you do.

STAY VIGILANT, BritGAF.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Happy Birthday Smoky David! Isn't he banned as well?

Since I got banned the first time I've had to learn to "check myself before I wreck myself" when it comes to an edgy post. That month felt like an eternity. But now I know better than to troll in threads a mod started, with the view to glorify the British Empire's oppression of indigenous peoples.

the problem for me is that ideally you like to have a bit of banter, some to and fro in the discussion, and if you're constantly second guessing what you're posting, that takes away from the argument.

(this is all predicated on your natural posting style not being hateful or overly abrasive). Which is why I'm kind of surprised that both Dave and Musha got banned. Dave has a certain posting 'style' which might wind people up if you read it literally, but you'd think mods would be able to understand the context most of the time. Assuming Musha's ban was because of that ogling thread, then that is just confusing - didn't even seem to be an argument with devo, just a disagreement.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
the problem for me is that ideally you like to have a bit of banter, some to and fro in the discussion, and if you're constantly second guessing what you're posting, that takes away from the argument.

(this is all predicated on your natural posting style not being hateful or overly abrasive). Which is why I'm kind of surprised that both Dave and Musha got banned. Dave has a certain posting 'style' which might wind people up if you read it literally, but you'd think mods would be able to understand the context most of the time. Assuming Musha's ban was because of that ogling thread, then that is just confusing - didn't even seem to be an argument with devo, just a disagreement.

Being dismissive to girls is sexist tho

Musha was just reinforcing the patriarchy. She's all about dat male gaze.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Each of which are out to kill you and everyone you love!

Look at this shady bugger:

Ever noticed that a Rainbow is a giant multi-coloured frown? I didn't till now.

What about this abomination:

Ghastly. He wouldn't think twice about dancing and slobbering on each of our graves.

I'm trying to hate that puppy but it's not possible ! It's just not possible! D'AWWW

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
lol, hoi polloi.

:p

Amazing stuff strafer. One puzzle had me stumped for a good half an hour. Such a clever game.

Oi sleb so is that a no on MK then?

So bloody hard to get a straight answer around this place. You better be careful when it comes to appraisals!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That's how they get you.

Manipulative little bastards. I'm kicking the next puppy I see.

Bwahaha, my birthday thread got locked right after I posted in it, and I'm a secret twin of SmokeyDave?
whoah.

I ain't seeing an invite!

You invited me! I accepted it. I think. I'll try again.

Oh yeah,I keep forgetting! Shoot me a quick text next time mate, I'm so bad at checking my PSN inbox.

Are you on PS4 Squiddy? Friend my ass boyee! Same handle.

Will do. I invited your bottom in this here thread.

SKINNER!

Banned
CHEEZMO™;112593487 said:
Him and Eminem. Best rappers of last 15 years. They actually have things to say. Much easier to relate to than all the stuff about money, drugs, women and other thug shit you get in most rap.

iHhcZVEonCcf1.gif

You got me good there Cheez. Well played. Well...fucking played.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I played DayZ once, and I was happily exploring around when some scouse fuck came up to me with like a hundred guns, forced me on my knees and executed me :mad: didn't feel like playing much after that.

I got fucked up by some french dude, I know your feels but after 50 odd hours playtime it's so fun

Reknoc

I got fucked up by some french dude, I know your feels but after 50 odd hours playtime it's so fun

the game could seriously do with some sort of tutorial to help explain stuff.

I also had a moment with another mute like me where I was just running around punching zombies, climbed up to a high place and fell and broke my leg. I just sort of crawled around mute buddy until he put me out of my misery.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
the game could seriously do with some sort of tutorial to help explain stuff.

I also had a moment with another mute like me where I was just running around punching zombies, climbed up to a high place and fell and broke my leg. I just sort of crawled around mute buddy until he put me out of my misery.

get a microphone and play with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom