• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

I've been to the London Expo a few times. It's fine, not really my scene. Eurogamer Expo is more my bag. You know, 'cos there's videogames everywhere.

I just bought a Wii U (premium), Super Mario 3D Land and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for £240 total. I think I did alright. Thinking about picking up ZombiU too.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ooo video games list (off the top of my head):

1) Max Payne 3
2) Red Dead Redemption
3) Dark Souls/Dark Souls 2 (same game, innit?)
4) Hitman: Blood Money (it counts!)
5) Fallout: New Vegas (particularly DLC)
6) Mark of the Ninja
7) Dishonoured (particularly the DLC)
8) Skyrim
9) Mirror's Edge
10) Metal Gear Solid 4 (for all it's flaws, mostly liked MGO2)
11) Portal/Portal 2 (couldn't leave them out)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've never had any of those horror stories, but then I'm not a child, going to the weird hotel parties or around creepy people so am less likely to experience them I guess.

I did MCM a few of times and it was fun, but not hugely driven to go back. Went with a large group of friends which was good as you could split up and go in different groups, switch throughout the day a bit - but in terms of stuff to do it's mostly the same expensive stools and if you're not buying stuff due to brokeness well not much fun there. The costumes are cool, good to chat but it's too big to really settle down and enjoy it.

Done cosplay twice for expo, once as Ramona Flowers and another as the Eleventh Doctor, in a time I got slightly mobbed for photos and was a bit overwhelming at times, couldn't really walk round for a bit. But fun. But mental.
Yeah I don't see myself buying stuff at a stand since it's likely cheaper to just import it oneself. Also judging by previous stands I've seen (happened to go to one about Japan in general so there was a few anime figurine stands in the corner) they'll mostly stock stuff from the popular shows and not the stuff I watch.

8bit

Knows the Score
I've been to the London Expo a few times. It's fine, not really my scene. Eurogamer Expo is more my bag. You know, 'cos there's videogames everywhere.

I just bought a Wii U (premium), Super Mario 3D Land and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for £240 total. I think I did alright. Thinking about picking up ZombiU too.

Highly recommend SM3DW, Pikmin 3 & Lego City Undercover.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Don't tell anyone, it would ruin me, but I find Yahtzee's reviews to often be very insightful. He gets ghettoised because he's 'just trying to be funny' but I find that humour and insight are normally anything but mutually exclusive - hence why I'm neither funny nor insightful.

Are we not allowed to like Yahtzee? I think his reviews are - exactly as you say - funny and insightful and gets right to the nub of it in about 5 minutes.

had work today, which was rubbish because work is rubbish. the next three days are all mine though which is fantastic. getting a chinese as a late-birthday present and currently trying to finish my entry for this month's gafwriting challenge. any other brit-ers entering?

Hell no! My writing stays to myself in a password-protected folder hidden within a password protected folder on a hidden folder on my computer!

Still, my daughter absolutely loved seeing all her favourite characters (Frozen, Tinkerbell, Belle, Spider-Man, Superman, Wolverine, Batman etc.) which was the main reason for going anyway. Had a laugh at least, got some nice comments on my costume too.

D'aww! Cute photo too!!

Done cosplay twice for expo, once as Ramona Flowers and another as the Eleventh Doctor, in a time I got slightly mobbed for photos and was a bit overwhelming at times, couldn't really walk round for a bit. But fun. But mental.

Ramona Flowers is ace!

Aldershot is proof that the further north you go, the shitter it gets, Jedeyes pad excluded ofc

I liked you. I was gonna say that if you're ever oop North you could come round for a cuppa. But not anymore. Never again.

Going this year for the first time and both nervous and excited.

so i'm sat here aiming to write but my girlfriend and i have 'the incredible burt wonderstone' on in the background. i really want to be steve buscemi's friend but i feel i would insult him by mispronouncing his surname.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Okay, let me have a go at a list...

15. Lost Planet: Extreme Condition.
14. Sega Rally.
13. Killzone 2 Multiplayer.
12. Red Faction Guerilla.
11. Blur.
10. Ridge Racer 7.
9. Portal 2.
8. Demon's Souls.
7. Borderlands.
6. Burnout Paradise.
5. Rayman Origins.
4. WipEout HD.
3. Metal Gear Rising.
2. Unreal Tournament III.
1. Warhawk.

Pookmunki

Morning Britgaf, my daughter was born yesterday morning on my bathroom floor after an 18 minute labour (!).

She was en-Caul ( born in the sac) too which was scary.

1uRZu8E.jpg

Knackered, but life is good.

8bit

Knows the Score
Morning Britgaf, my daughter was born yesterday morning on my bathroom floor after an 18 minute labour (!).

1uRZu8E.jpg

Erk,that sounds kind of frightening. Congratulations!

1uRZu8E.jpg

I thought that you were making a cul-de-sac joke then!

Anyway, I'm glad all is okay now! Congratulations!

Mr. Sam

Congratulations, Pookmunki (what sort of name is that for a parent?). Good to know the future generations are in the hands of NeoGAF.

Highly recommend SM3DW, Pikmin 3 & Lego City Undercover.

Windwaker is also great, as is NSMB and Nintendo Land. Some of the activities in Nintendo Land are ridiculous arcade fun - Donkey Kong and Metroid Blast in particular.

The console I bought is coming with Nintendo Land. Mario Kart 8 obviously allows you to download a free game out of a selection, so I'm caught between Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD at the moment.

4. WipEout HD.

How did I forget WipeEout HD Fury? That game is bliss!

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The console I bought is coming with Nintendo Land. Mario Kart 8 obviously allows you to download a free game out of a selection, so I'm caught between Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD at the moment.

Get Pikmin 3 then, but only if you have a Wiimote and Nunchuck to play it with. The Gamepad controls aren't so good for that.

Son Of D

1uRZu8E.jpg

Congratulations! Thankfully everything's all okay.

Pikmin 3 is usually the cheaper of the two games so if you want to save a few £ then go for Zelda and buy Pikmin on disc. You can't go wrong with either game though.

Pookmunki

Thanks for the extra 'grats. We have named her Lyra. We had a pretty mental few weeks leading up to birth with my wife electrocuting herself and a tense Prince concert among other things.

I might have missed the first part of the Wii U chat but is The Wonderful 101 in the mix of recommendations? Best game in the system tied with SM3DW imo.

1uRZu8E.jpg

Congratulations! I remember well the panic, terror and emergency caesarian when my first daughter was born 12 years ago in Cheshire. Last night I took her to see the Pixies at the Sydney Opera House, never been so proud at how she's grown. It's a roller Coaster but worth every minute!

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Oooh Wizards is done by the same person who did the trippy animated LOTR film.

Son of Rambow is a lovely, underrated film too. Must re-watch that soon.

Reading the news and ukpoligaf while on holiday with limited wifi has been my way to get the news lately. Dapper and Papa bandit have taken it easy but a lot of interesting topics have come up in 2 am chats. Ukip, split infinitives, the dynamics of chatting someone up, creative writing and cannibas usage have all been discussed at length.

Tis good but cannot wait for E3 despite the usual failure to meet the hype.

Mikeside

Where are we going to hang out for e3?
I reckon IRC would be best as not everyone has access to WhatsApp.

My hype is heavy, even if I barely actually play anything these days.

Put a few hours into Starbound last night. Loads of fun, I'm surprised how much I love it, as I really got tired of Terraria

Put a few hours into Starbound last night. Loads of fun, I'm surprised how much I love it, as I really got tired of Terraria

I'd still suggest IRC cos you gotta be fast for annoying whiny sarcasm and that's best on keyboard for me.

Well, I'll be tweeting the sarcastic hell out of it anyway.

CHEEZMO™;113539483 said:
MancGAF. What is there to do in town during the day? There's only so many times you can just mooch about the shops.

Museum of Science & Industry. It's baller.

I'd prefer IRC, but if the consensus is towards WhatsApp, I suppose I won't mind getting it.

SteveWD40

CHEEZMO™;113539483 said:
MancGAF. What is there to do in town during the day? There's only so many times you can just mooch about the shops.

Which day?

On some weekends there are events at Spinningfields (big screens up and deck chairs out). The MOSI, the Art Gallery, ride the wheel at Picc Gardens.

Oh and there is always the basement at Tribeca... :D

Son Of D

IRC would be better. Faster to type on there so we can keep up with the shenanigans.

My hype is heavy as well, mostly since this is a deciding factor for whether I get a PS4 this year. Just depending on what they're offering.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
My e3 hype levels can barely be charted on the alcoholic tramp's erection-o-meter. So looking forward to desperate gamers justifying unnecessary hardware purchases while simultaneously spouting this year's most annoying catchphrases. First person to say "legit shook" gets punched in the mouth when I meet them next.

e3 is fun for looking at pretty pictures but tends to bring out the corporate whore in gamingdom, stanning (
did I use it right, wankerGAF?
) as hard as they can for their multibillion dollar company of choice as if their choice of corporate overlord has some tangible effect on their overall happiness levels.

SteveWD40

e3 is fun for looking at pretty pictures but tends to bring out the corporate whore in gamingdom, stanning (
) as hard as they can for their multibillion dollar company of choice as if their choice of corporate overlord has some tangible effect on their overall happiness levels.

Pretty good summary of Gaming side these days.

Where the fuck are steam boxes / controllers? That's the only hardware that makes my balls tingle these days.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But it's like the gamer's Superbowl which is not like a regular bowl because it is super! Or something like that.

My e3 hype levels can barely be charted on the alcoholic tramp's erection-o-meter. So looking forward to desperate gamers justifying unnecessary hardware purchases while simultaneously spouting this year's most annoying catchphrases. First person to say "legit shook" gets punched in the mouth when I meet them next.

All about those memes, cringe-worthy conferences, and being let down by multiple trade shows when they don't announce what you personally wanted because we're all entitled cunts.

And getting a Smash Bros release date. Because I want to play one, and I never have before. Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom