• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Happy baby having mister! (I'm late)

Sploats, only *checks arm with marker ticks* FOUR days left in the hearthstone season. Get to 20 ye!

Chinner

Banned
Well at least thanks to Chinner I have a cup for the event.
best friends
AkPqCn5.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Happy baby having mister! (I'm late)

Sploats, only *checks arm with marker ticks* FOUR days left in the hearthstone season. Get to 20 ye!

Dude, I'm hovering around rank 16/17 and have so far laid the smack on both Steve and Jordan!
to be fair, they laid a bit of smack on me too
Get thee to a Euro server:)

AcridMeat

Banned
Dude, I'm hovering around rank 16/17 and have so far laid the smack on both Steve and Jordan!
That's where I was too, mostly 17 because I'm bad and my deck is bad. I should try making an account for EU yeah.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Finally, after 5 years on and off, I platinumed Unreal Tournament 3! And good timing too, since the PS3 version uses GameSpy for its servers.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Finally platinum'd Dark Souls 2. That makes both Darks fully completed. Feels good. Now to take a long break from the game and come back a few weeks later to find absolutely nothing broken has been patched.

SmokyDave

Howdy y'all. Everyone keeping well?

Morning Britgaf, my daughter was born yesterday morning on my bathroom floor after an 18 minute labour (!).

She was en-Caul ( born in the sac) too which was scary.

1uRZu8E.jpg

Knackered, but life is good.
Ah, congratulations man. Greatest feeling in the world.

Is she your first?

SKINNER!

Banned
Opening hotel in Glasgow was ‘mistake’, says owner

THE CHAIRMAN of a hotel chain has called the decision to open a branch in Glasgow as “a mistake” because of inebriated guests.

Rattan Chadha, chief of the citizenM hotel group, made the comments on a business magazine as he said the hotel’s Renfield Street site had someone falling down the stairs “every evening”.

The firm, set up in Amsterdam in 2007, opened their first UK branch in Glasgow after being initially priced out of London.

He said: “London prices were sky-high, so when we found a prime place in downtown Glasgow, we said ‘it’s not ideal, but let’s try.’ It’s the number one hotel in Glasgow, but it doesn’t attract out target customers.

“Most people come from England or other parts of Scotland, and like to drink.

“When the bars close, they bring the party back to the hotel. That’s not what we intended.

“Every evening, we have someone falling down the stairs. We’ve had to hire extra security.”

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/opening-hotel-in-glasgow-was-mistake-says-owner-1-3422247

1eoztCi.gif

8bit

Knows the Score

It's not the people of Glasgow at fault you can't really blame the city for tourists getting full of it while there. Moany bastard.

Wasn't sure were exactly this was so had a look on street view, and there's the polis outside it.

7DsAt3h.png

Grrr. Numpties. Why did I read that thread about the guy taking ecstasy? *shakes fist *

I started to, and then realised I had no idea what was going on.

NinjaBoiX

Grrr. Numpties. Why did I read that thread about the guy taking ecstasy? *shakes fist *
I had a quick glance, realised the OP was just a hugely indulgent ream of text message screengrabs and paragraph after paragraph of writing.

Sorry, if your OP takes more than three swipes of my thumb to scroll over I ain't reading it.

8bit

Knows the Score
Oh yeah, is Molly something different from Ecstasy? My glance through that thread made it seems as if it was being narrated in Nadsat.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Oh yeah, is Molly something different from Ecstasy? My glance through that thread made it seems as if it was being narrated in Nadsat.

Americans acting like they discovered the stuff, sniff sniff.

God I am so out of it today. E was so ridiculously bad this weekend, had to help her get in and out of chairs, cover her up in bed, make food and drinks, even help her to the loo. Basically couldn't do anything and was in constant pain, even after 4 tramadol. Can't really concentrate on work today. Woe is me, etc. Tired though, could really do with some new emotional batteries.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Americans acting like they discovered the stuff, sniff sniff.

God I am so out of it today. E was so ridiculously bad this weekend, had to help her get in and out of chairs, cover her up in bed, make food and drinks, even help her to the loo. Basically couldn't do anything and was in constant pain, even after 4 tramadol. Can't really concentrate on work today. Woe is me, etc. Tired though, could really do with some new emotional batteries.

Oh, man. Sorry to hear that, Sploatee. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BritGAF RPG dead in the water then? Got a free weekend soooo..
Well I can't work on it the moment as I don't have access to my laptop but I am willing to get on board. Did familiarise myself with RPGM the other day. But I think a story guide needs to be settled on first so makers have a plan of action.

SKINNER!

Banned
Well I can't work on it the moment as I don't have access to my laptop but I am willing to get on board. Did familiarise myself with RPGM the other day. But I think a story guide needs to be settled on first so makers have a plan of action.

Glad to hear you're still interested BGBW :)
Yeah, I usually have a few evenings and weekends free and it'll give me something productive to do so yeah, I'm on board once a decent story arises.

SteveWD40

lol, I had a shit night, you were playing fast faceroll decks and I was fucking about with slow to get rolling gimmick ones.

/excuse

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I still suggest playing around with it to see the limitations. While there is a scripting tool it's probably best to stick to the easier command based language so as many can get involved.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing concrete anyway. Some good ideas were floating around earlier in this thread but we need something sturdy to work on before implementing cool ideas.

As I recall, it was either the RPG was based in the forum and about NeoGAF or the game was set in an alternative Britain and about Britain. Summink like dat.

Which was preferred?

Chinner is still the "villain" though, yeah? He's this board's Kefka!

SKINNER!

Banned
As I recall, it was either the RPG was based in the forum and about NeoGAF or the game was set in an alternative Britain and about Britain. Summink like dat.

Which was preferred?

Chinner is still the "villain" though, yeah? He's this board's Kefka!

Haha, of course! I actually liked the whole "Collect all letters that make up the word 'Cunt' by travelling to every part of the UK" idea. Thought that was clever what with bosses mentioned and the funny names given to each area.

Reknoc

Haha, of course! I actually liked the whole "Collect all letters that make up the word 'Cunt' by travelling to every part of the UK" idea. Thought that was clever what with bosses mentioned and the funny names given to each area.

so a british earthbound then

Pookmunki

Howdy y'all. Everyone keeping well?

Ah, congratulations man. Greatest feeling in the world.

Is she your first?

Cheers Dave, Akrid too :)

We have a 6 yo boy also, he's finding it a lttle hard to be a sibling but I'm sure its just the newness of it all. He's getting more snuggles and it's his birthday on Friday so hopefully it gets better for him.

In other news, it's payday and I have spent £30 on psn already woop. MGS and SOTN on my Vita and Injustice again for PS4. Once I gather the bothered to beat the boss of Ys 7 I'll get on them.

Handhelds and Remote Play are a godsend, more than ever before.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
lol, I had a shit night, you were playing fast faceroll decks and I was fucking about with slow to get rolling gimmick ones.

/excuse

Haha. Tbh it was a fluke. I took that deck to ranked play and got trounced. I'm experimenting with a Paladin deck I saw on the net, really low on minions, really high on buffs and nerfs. It's quite good but I can imagine it's like playing against the most annoying person ever.

Well I still suggest playing around with it to see the limitations. While there is a scripting tool it's probably best to stick to the easier command based language so as many can get involved.

I like the sound of this!

Son Of D

BritGAF RPG dead in the water then? Got a free weekend soooo..

BritGAF RPG? First I'm hearing about this.

Also, is it worth me getting Injustice PS4 whilst it's on sale for £12.79 on PSN? I won't be getting a PS4 until end of the year the earliest so chances are the game will be cheap on disc by then anyway.

Or I could just buy the PS3 version for £5.99 and get the DLC cheap (Season Pass is £2.99 at the moment).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well the CUNT idea is good because we can make four sperate worlds that different people can work on.

Basing it on GAF gives an easy reason for the quest as you'd just say the word had been named again. The problem comes from not wanting to offend people on the board. You can avoid naming mods by calling them the red names. Four worlds based on the different boards, gaming world, desert world (community), meme drivel world (off topic) and historic world (archive).

But the UK is also a fun idea as we can make fun of our regional stereotypes and jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom