• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well the CUNT idea is good because we can make four sperate worlds that different people can work on.

Basing it on GAF gives an easy reason for the quest as you'd just say the word had been named again. The problem comes from not wanting to offend people on the board. You can avoid naming mods by calling them the red names. Four worlds based on the different boards, gaming world, desert world (community), meme drivel world (off topic) and historic world (archive).

But the UK is also a fun idea as we can make fun of our regional stereotypes and jokes.

I'd happily take the blame, the only gaffers I'd rather not offend are right here in this thread.
I say we go full on, balls to the wall libellous.

And it's pretty much always us vs them innit?

SmokyDave

I'd happily take the blame, the only gaffers I'd rather not offend are right here in this thread.
I say we go full on, balls to the wall libellous.

And it's pretty much always us vs them innit?
I don't think anyone in this thread can be offended, can they?

Lord knows I've tried.

NinjaBoiX

MancGAF peeps - minimeet this weekend innit.

Probably Saturday, but we'll play it by ear, see when people are about.

Excite.

8bit

Knows the Score
Americans acting like they discovered the stuff, sniff sniff.

God I am so out of it today. E was so ridiculously bad this weekend, had to help her get in and out of chairs, cover her up in bed, make food and drinks, even help her to the loo. Basically couldn't do anything and was in constant pain, even after 4 tramadol. Can't really concentrate on work today. Woe is me, etc. Tired though, could really do with some new emotional batteries.

Ecstasy is like the best name ever for a drug though, why call it something considerably worse?

Rolling on Molly sounds way more stupid than peaking on E. Anyway... hope your E is feeling a bit better!

Whos talking bad about scots eh ? EH?

Keep the heid, you.

Marc

A britGAF game? Sounds like fun, been trying gamemaker out when they were giving it away. Trying to do a real time strategy game and make millions but requires a lot of work, more than I understood at the time of starting. I can do all the graphics side of things easy enough, did 3d modelling in the past and decent at making art assets. Just the programming side that kills me. I have the concentration level of a spoon, so not going well.

Would help out if I can. :) Need a project manager type to lead it all, set goals and task lists together for people to tick off. Worked on some mods like ten years ago and that always seemed to speed things along.

I would say include more than Britain in the game, otherwise it would only appeal to us. And if we're just appealing to us then we may as well do some D&D shit and run off to imaginationland instead.

There is something called RPGmaker that anyone can use really, although I am not sure if you can do real time combat which I would prefer personally. I really want to finish ni no kuni but realised I can't go back to turn based combat anymore, so boring. Make it more of a legend of Zelda game then as well which is GOAT.

Morning Britgaf, my daughter was born yesterday morning on my bathroom floor after an 18 minute labour (!).

She was en-Caul ( born in the sac) too which was scary.

1uRZu8E.jpg

Knackered, but life is good.

CONGRATS!!

Prepare to be sick for the rest of your life, I never got sick at all until my daughter came along. Plus worried all the time.

Sounds like a crazy birth, my daughter was by an emergency C-section a month too early. My wife was luckily visiting the hospital and they found complications with my daughters life in danger, get a hysterical phonecall at work and had to dash over in record time just walking in as they are prepping her, then spending the next month going to hospital after work to see her.

Reading the news and ukpoligaf while on holiday with limited wifi has been my way to get the news lately. Dapper and Papa bandit have taken it easy but a lot of interesting topics have come up in 2 am chats. Ukip, split infinitives, the dynamics of chatting someone up, creative writing and cannibas usage have all been discussed at length.

Tis good but cannot wait for E3 despite the usual failure to meet the hype.

If there is a Dragons Dogma 2, Red Dead 2 or Last Guardian appearance then I'll be happy enough. Really want to see more on the VR side of things and hopefully a secret big game release for this year as PS4 is looking like a wasteland now.

I always love e3, lots of hidden wonders. Hell, more No Mans Sky details would be pretty cool on its own. And yet I always expect big things, which it can never live up to.

Whos talking bad about scots eh ? EH?

Everyone, especially scots.

XlUB6.jpg

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Let It Go ✧゚・:*ノ(◕ヮ◕ノ)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's out NOW! Stealth two day early release. I'm downloading it as we speak.

I'm good ta, how 'bout you?

Impressions please! I need to know how much I should regret being impatient!

Edit: @Vashetti - yes, sensei

Edit edit- and thanks 8bit. She's not E but makes me just as happy awww

Well the CUNT idea is good because we can make four sperate worlds that different people can work on.

Basing it on GAF gives an easy reason for the quest as you'd just say the word had been named again. The problem comes from not wanting to offend people on the board. You can avoid naming mods by calling them the red names. Four worlds based on the different boards, gaming world, desert world (community), meme drivel world (off topic) and historic world (archive).

But the UK is also a fun idea as we can make fun of our regional stereotypes and jokes.

Bagsey any thief class being voiced by scousers.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Fucksake. Just found out my dad tried to kill himself last night 'just like he did a few years ago'. Eh?! Could've just been a middle eastern thing but by gum that's thrown me for a loop.

Dysfunctional family / dad britgaf, any tips on how to handle this?

Marc

Fucksake. Just found out my dad tried to kill himself last night 'just like he did a few years ago'. Eh?! Could've just been a middle eastern thing but by gum that's thrown me for a loop.

Dysfunctional family / dad britgaf, any tips on how to handle this?

Want nothing to do with my dad so can't offer advice but best wishes to you and your family at least. I will say that if you truly wanted to die then that person would be dead, so likely wants help and wants to live.

You make it sound like you didn't know about the previous attempt?

NinjaBoiX

CHEEZMO™;113764384 said:
sZcBDGA.jpg

Cool. Will have to see how E is doing, but fingers crossed! She was all chirpy when I called earlier because shed taken a wad of tramadol. I'll ask her to bring some for all of us! Yay!
Just make her a cup of Tramadol tea, she'll be spotty dog.

I assume I can count on Steve's attendance.

Little Old Man? Hystzen? Fancy a few beers with us weirdos on Saturday?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Want nothing to do with my dad so can't offer advice but best wishes to you and your family at least. I will say that if you truly wanted to die then that person would be dead, so likely wants help and wants to live.

You make it sound like you didn't know about the previous attempt?

Nope, lots of secrets in my family. Thanks.

KirkSaysKhan.jpg

Chinner

Banned
I've created the text for the britgaf opening scene:

(play this music while reading this text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQzyVy9fYM)

One year after the battle....

The thread that had been plagued with drunk and bad posts was safe and peaceful.

however, evil has once again cast its shadow over the city.

Musha, the syndicate boss believe destroyed by the three young posters has come back to life stronger than ever.

Thirsty for revenge, she kidnaps Jackbein in attempt to lure Chinner and Green Scar into a trap.

Chinner and Green Scar set out to help their faithful companion. joined by Chinner's friend Cheezmo, a furry, and Kentpaul's kid brother Trevor, they're determined to save Jackben and put Musha out of action!

Four young friends, rage burning inside then, make a stand for friendship and peace...

MYFWfEs.jpg
(edit mushas head onto the guy)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
This is my go to answer. B-b-but it's an investment-- no it's not. It will be cheaper. There will be more than five good games. Patience, grasshopper.

Don't do it! Drought in full effect. Wait until until autumn and enjoy an actual selection of games.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

It was a joke, but actually I think it might be true. Windwaker, SM3DW, Pikmin 3, MK8, Nintendo Land, NSMBU are all great games. I don't think there is any game that is better than those that you can't also find on PC. Maybe Ground Zeroes?

Of course, it doesn't have much of a future...

This is my go to answer. B-b-but it's an investment-- no it's not. It will be cheaper. There will be more than five good games. Patience, grasshopper.

Exactly. Any value judgement aside, the guilt of so many unfinished, nay unplayed games will hold me off a PS4 for a long time.

If you're doing mathematical gymnastics to justify a purchase then back away.

Hey guys.

I kinda disappeared for a while as my Internet/GAF addiction became a bit too much during uni work.

But fuck all that.

I just got my results and I've got a first overall. YES.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
God I am so out of it today. E was so ridiculously bad this weekend, had to help her get in and out of chairs, cover her up in bed, make food and drinks, even help her to the loo. Basically couldn't do anything and was in constant pain, even after 4 tramadol. Can't really concentrate on work today. Woe is me, etc. Tired though, could really do with some new emotional batteries.

Hi Sploat,

Do please give E my best wishes, I know just how dreadfully difficult it is to be so dependent (and vice-versa).

In terms of painkiller stuff have you tried Voltarol? It is bloody powerful as a painkiller, though I had some strange side-effects - mostly being wholly awake and active and doing useful things like ironing/cleaning/gardening/accounting/filling holes in things/starting a novel and basically anything that needed any attention whatsoever for about 72 hours straight, no sleep and no tiredness and no rest, and not much rest for the neighbours either. Apparently that side-effect is unusual (and if it does happen - you will notice this VERY quickly! - stop the dose immediately before the hallucinations kick in).

Also, my fingers swelled up.

But there was no pain at all. Not while I was taking it.

Might be worth a try. It is now available over the counter apparently, maybe at a milder dose. But do keep an eye out for overactivity.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hi Sploat,

Do please give E my best wishes, I know just how dreadfully difficult it is to be so dependent (and vice-versa).

In terms of painkiller stuff have you tried Voltarol? It is bloody powerful as a painkiller, though I had some strange side-effects - mostly being wholly awake and active and doing useful things like ironing/cleaning/gardening/accounting/filling holes in things/starting a novel and basically anything that needed any attention whatsoever for about 72 hours straight, no sleep and no tiredness and no rest, and not much rest for the neighbours either. Apparently that side-effect is unusual (and if it does happen - you will notice this VERY quickly! - stop the dose immediately before the hallucinations kick in).

Also, my fingers swelled up.

But there was no pain at all. Not while I was taking it.

Might be worth a try. It is now available over the counter apparently, maybe at a milder dose. But do keep an eye out for overactivity.

Hi Phi

Just checked with E - she's tried the over-the-counter one but it wasn't strong enough. Thanks though :). She's got prescription-strength Tramadol and Co-codamol and also takes Amytriptiline (in addition to the arthritis drugs) but still not that much good (although she was quite pleasant to be around last night!).

But thank you though.

Ninj - I'm still 50/50 what with all the crap with my dad and E's flare-up I'm not particularly good company tbh.

NinjaBoiX

All you fuckers bailing on the minimeet:

78k.gif

Nah, fair do's, Steve's reason is acceptable to me, and I'll understand if you can't make it out sploatee. It'd be nice to see you two though! Fingers crossed she's up to it.

Train is pretty early tomorrow morning, working late tonight, haven't packed at all, probably need to do some washing and I don't know where I put my train tickets.

Organisation, how does it work?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
All you fuckers bailing on the minimeet:

78k.gif

Nah, fair do's, Steve's reason is acceptable to me, and I'll understand if you can't make it out sploatee. It'd be nice to see you two though! Fingers crossed she's up to it.

Train is pretty early tomorrow morning, working late tonight, haven't packed at all, probably need to do some washing and I don't know where I put my train tickets.

Organisation, how does it work?

Dude, it might be me more than her (see above)!

But we will see. When you move for good there will be loads of opportunity.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Well done runlikehell!

So...what's everyone playing at the moment? I'm losing interest in Child of Light as it goes on. It's very pretty but something just seems missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom