• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I loved ME but that one section where you had to go down several levels of mezzanines with people constantly shooting was such a pain. I think this was the only section where I gun-cheesed it, careful headshots only.

No Man's Sky definitely wowed me the most. It has the potential of Minecraft in terms of personalised worlds and adventures.

Sunset Overdrive looks baller too. Very jealous of those who have/are getting an XB1, since having just finished Resistance 3 I know they put a lot of effort into imaginative weapons and fun shooting mechanics, which game across in what they showed off!

Uncharted 4 had me grinning to from ear to ear. I'll be getting a PS4 at the latest when that releases.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I guess uncharted will be the thing to make me get a PS4 but even that's slim pickings. In this amazing E3 of H-HD ports, the Halo bundle on XBO is just as tempting to me as GTA/TLOU. Perhaps even more so since it's been a few years since I've played the Haloz but I play GTA weekly and TLOU isn't something I can bring myself to play again any time soon.

I was secretly hoping there would be amazing announcements to stoke my hype boner but there's nothing to even get a twitch out of it so far.

Maybe I've just been into games too long. The repetitive nature of the industry is far too obvious these days. I think if I buy any expensive tech this year it'll probably just be a new iPad.

First photo from the Paddington Bear film:

7zRGyzi.jpg

He looks a bit creepy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I met someone who was apparently working on that film. They said it was a challenge to get Paddington look right because of the mix between looking like a real bear and conforming to the image we already have of Paddington.

Maybe they should have just gone full CG instead.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Should have just got KyoAni to animate it. I mean they're already used to drawing London because of the K-On movie.

I don't really watch tv these days are those adverts with the meerkats still going?

I imaginethe answer is yes so they can milk it into annihaltion and beyond like the Go Compare guy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't really watch tv these days are those adverts with the meerkats still going?

I imaginethe answer is yes so they can milk it into annihaltion and beyond like the Go Compare guy.

Meerkats are still going in a is or isn't homosexual relationship. Go Compare guy has been retired for now.

Gio Compario - call him by his proper name.

I heard that he really is an opera singer though, and that you can go and see him in concert (I doubt he would do the Go Compare song though).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
playnintendoe3tqcra.png

So will likely not bother with the Smash Invitational and the press meets are not much to follow until afterwards. So I guess most of us will only be on the IRC for the main event at 5pm.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah only the Direct for me at 5, so I'll be on the IRC for sure!
What are the Treehouse events?

More in-depth looks at Nintendo games with developer reviews or something like that. It's also been hinted that some things may be revealed at these as well.

More in-depth looks at Nintendo games with developer reviews or something like that. It's also been hinted that some things may be revealed at these as well.

Fair enough! With the sheer length of them, I'll just hope anything interesting surfaces on page 1 of the gaming side.

Reknoc

Ah right. So we'll get more stuff as the week goes on? Not really interested in Nintendo.

yep, konami guy in the phantom pain said they'll have the demonstration later in the week. should be when the rest of the actual game stuff is shown as well instead of the typical dull samey CGI trailers shown at the conferences.

except for EA because their only interesting sounding games are apparently very far from done lol

:(

I'm sorry that one was a bit pooh yeah

want to go home already but I guess I'll just grin and bear it

please stop playing persona 4

Reknoc

lol

not one of those was Teddie inspired

and I'm almost finished

Guess I'm gonna have to wait for TGS for any news on Purse Owner 5

:[

but you felt the need to do bear puns, maybe teddie is inspiring you on a subconscious level.

I didn't think anyone actually expected Persona 5 at E3 since it's a Japan focused game and I imagine most of Japanese gamers give zero fucks about E3 lol

edit: apparently i've been watching the witcher 3 trailer too many times because gaf is giving me polish ads :////

but you felt the need to do bear puns, maybe teddie is inspiring you on a subconscious level.

I didn't think anyone actually expected Persona 5 at E3 since it's a Japan focused game and I imagine most of Japanese gamers give zero fucks about E3 lol

edit: apparently i've been watching the witcher 3 trailer too many times because gaf is giving me polish ads :////

No, I'm just the kind of guy that sees a creepy bear and immediately starts mentally stockpiling puns.

P5 for E3 was a slim bet no doubt but there is an audience for SMT in the west.

As for your Witcher 3 adverts yeah I thought the trailer needed some polish too, but how could the ads know that???

Reknoc

i dont really mind the new things being wii u gimmick stuff because that can be interesting but not happy about star fox.

also watched the trailer for Uncharted 4, so nate has been "out of the game" for a while apparently? but how long because sully was already at the "too old for this shit" phase, is sully immortal!?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hey guys, remind me not to get into arguments with Neogaf celebrities. Or have opinions on my own sex. Or leave the safety of BritGaf in general.

Welcome back! Hooray!

Welcome back Musha!

Missed you. And Sploat sure did - she was getting antsy there for a while (though not that much more than usual).

It's true. Antsiness levels increased by 10%. They have now lowered to their normal level of 160%. Time to worry about something else now or levels might fall even lower!

Edit- last night I actually worried whether I should leave gaf on the basis that nothing at E3 excites me or really interests me. It's just fluff and cgi. I decided to stay anyway though. HA HA HA

NinjaBoiX

sploatee, if you leave I'll find out where you live and embark on a campaign of terror and torment. Eggs thrown at your windows, toilet paper strewn all over the place, little bags of dog poo lit on fire on your front step so when you go to stamp it out you get hot runny shit everywhere.

Don't think I won't woman...

Welcome back! Hooray!

It's true. Antsiness levels increased by 10%. They have now lowered to their normal level of 160%. Time to worry about something else now or levels might fall even lower!

Edit- last night I actually worried whether I should leave gaf on the basis that nothing at E3 excites me or really interests me. It's just fluff and cgi. I decided to stay anyway though. HA HA HA

Thank you!

And don't worry, I actually couldn't care less about E3, all the talk in here and whatsapp is promptly ignore and swiftly scrolled past.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ha! I said I wasn't leaving! Look, I worry about everything all of the time. It would take a major freakout for me to throw my own toys out of my own pram at my own head if you know what I mean.

For example - today I worried about

- oh no I am at a client site oh no oh no what if I smell or get sweaty
- oh bugger I better wear some make up bugger forgot my powder bet I'm all oily and shiny now they'll never instruct us again
- Oh no! There's a crease in my top I missed ! Bollox! That's bad feedback right there
- Oh dear my stomach won't stop making noises. Why won't it stop making noises. I should go to the loo. But I don't know where it is. What if I leave a smell. That's the end of my career right there
- Oh shit I left my flats in the office bugger all I've got is heels or my black boots. Sod travelling in heels I might as well wear boots and pull my trousers over the top no one will notice and THEN THE CFO BLOODY NOTICED and she was the poshest person in the room. This really happened.

Etc etc etc all day long. Right now I'm worried that I'm not going to make my connecting train and the fact that I've taken a days leave at short notice means my director thinks I'm a flake (even though he knows about the family palaver and my shocking mental health) etc etc etc

Seriously, one day in my head would wear you out to the point of extinction. Not joking. I wanna go on holiday in a standard happy bloke's head. It would be bliss. I would puty feet up and just enjoy the steady flow of stuff about birds and beer and other reductive stereotypes.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
For example - today I worried about ...

Story of my life, Sploat.

Worst one I had was on a hyper-secure client site in Uxbridge. So hyper-secure that you needed a swipe card to get to the loo, but some guy kindly swiped me in. Didn't tell me you also needed a swipecard to get out of the loo. And being as this was before mobile phones were invented I missed about half the meeting despite being in the building the whole time.

Pro-tip, avoid Uxbridge.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Story of my life, Sploat.

Worst one I had was on a hyper-secure client site in Uxbridge. So hyper-secure that you needed a swipe card to get to the loo, but some guy kindly swiped me in. Didn't tell me you also needed a swipecard to get out of the loo. And being as this was before mobile phones were invented I missed about half the meeting despite being in the building the whole time.

Pro-tip, avoid Uxbridge.

Oh my god how awful!!

I am near Uxbridge. On the way to Banbury now. It's very nice down south though. So much green everywhere and everyone seems very healthy. I've also never had such loveable taxi drivers.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Oh my god how awful!!

I am near Uxbridge. On the way to Banbury now. It's very nice down south though. So much green everywhere and everyone seems very healthy. I've also never had such loveable taxi drivers.

For loveable taxi drivers you need to try Dublin. Charm personified, but no sense of direction unfortunately. One I had kindly turned off the meter while we searched for a police station to ask directions from (satnav hadn't been invented then either).

NinjaBoiX

I love phi's tales of yore, they really put things in perspective. It was a simpler time.

sploatee, I'll come round for a cuppa at the end of the month when I move down. I feel like you need a hug brah, let's have a slice of cake and a nice natter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom