• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I can't agree, it's not very good. It keeps trying to divert you from doing anything by alerting you to an evil thing going on when you reach a story target. One example recently was some guy was accused of being a rapist as soon as I got near a mission, so it distracted me to go and kill the rapey monster. The cars are mostly terrible to drive, CTos seems to find you really easily so even trying to get across the map turns into a chase. The distractions such as Chess, AR shooting, Poker are unrewarding if competent and the music is mostly terrible (IMO, but the only tracks I've heard so far that I liked were Tortoise & Curtis Mayfield).

Disclaimer, I hated GTAV mostly.
Curtis makes everything OK.
I have no interest in Watch Dogs as I can only stomach Ubisofts open world garbage in one series and that's Far Cry for me.
I loved Far Cry 2 man, don't listen to my opinion about games.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah definitely! We're complete opposites in so many ways. I'm all floaty and daft, uber-fickle (seriously, I have no strong opinions about anything, I have an awful habit of agreeing with whatever the last person said) and neurotic and she's totally grounded, practical and sensible. I like anything pretentious and she likes Transformers. Bloody Transformers. Transformers!!! - but most important thing is that we can take the piss out of each other and make each other laugh. I like it when people disagree with me in funny ways, it makes me happy :)

Although I am a bit jealous, I bet you can go to see arthouse films and everything! I'm still working on E watching Solaris again. I'm five years in now, but I'm not giving up.

This is distracting me from doing the housework!!

Are you a bog door open couple?

Yeah, bog hella open. Although I will shout at her to go away if she comes near while I'm trying to make number two. Some things a man needs some space for, ya know?

I'd say that I'm definitely the more 'action film'y of the two of us, but she'll enjoy a good one too. I'm quite proud that she seems to really dig hard sci fi, I really should track down Solaris since she'd probably enjoy it too (she strangely loved 2001, the first half of Sunshine, Moon etc). We also enjoy a good soppy indie comedy, you know, the kind with wonky hand-lettered titles and acoustic neo-folk soundtracks. And Scott Pilgrim.

tbh, I think liking similar media is one of the main reasons we've been able to stay together 4eva. I know it's shallow, but I don't know how couples work when one hates the other's music or TV or whatevs.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
14 years, man. My wife still hates Merzbow and I hate Celebrity Juice. We still get along like a house of fire (screaming, smoking etc.)

One or two things maayyyybe. Any more and I'd be edging towards divorce :p

Whenever I'm out of the house Mrs H likes to watch the DMAX channel which is almost universally shit. I rip the piss out of her for it, it's glorious. On the flipside, she thinks I'm a bit fruity for liking Belle and Sebastian so much.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wouldn't cheering for football teams be a more apt comparison for those cheering for videogames? I mean they are both businesses that people cheer for but with the big difference being that people don't fight "the opposition" after an E3.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
One or two things maayyyybe. Any more and I'd be edging towards divorce :p

Whenever I'm out of the house Mrs H likes to watch the DMAX channel which is almost universally shit. I rip the piss out of her for it, it's glorious. On the flipside, she thinks I'm a bit fruity for liking Belle and Sebastian so much.

That's pretty fruity.

I dunno, we have a fair bit of cultural common ground, me and the missus, but more often than not we're into pretty different things. For instance, I put a Todd album on the other day and she said that it was literally the worst thing she'd ever heard. She likes Twilight and I can't help but repeat lines of it to her in an overly dramatic voice, right in her face.

We have such a laugh though, even after 14 years and a teething baby. Couldn't live without her.

Wouldn't cheering for football teams be a more apt comparison for those cheering for videogames? I mean they are both businesses that people cheer for but with the big difference being that people don't fight "the opposition" after an E3.

Nah, it's like cheering for the new McDonald's cheeseburger. Probably.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Well videogames and sports are both entertainment which is why I compared them. Oh and people do cheer for McD's, have you seen the McRib threads in OT? Also did you see that EA trailer for FIFA? The way they described football was ridiculous beyond belief considering it boils down to watching overpaid men kicking a ball. Honestly, people cheering for a game they look forward to isn't exactly an oddity in this world.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
That's pretty fruity.

I dunno, we have a fair bit of cultural common ground, me and the missus, but more often than not we're into pretty different things. For instance, I put a Todd album on the other day and she said that it was literally the worst thing she'd ever heard. She likes Twilight and I can't help but repeat lines of it to her in an overly dramatic voice, right in her face.

We have such a laugh though, even after 14 years and a teething baby. Couldn't live without her.

Awwww, so sweet. Mocking each others' cherished art is the foundation of any happy relationship :)

Speaking of the B word though, I heard this new Conor Oberst song yesterday and my new mission in life is to keep my wife from hearing it, lest her poor ovaries explode from waiting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK0_A2DqVi8

Reknoc

Curtis makes everything OK.

I loved Far Cry 2 man, don't listen to my opinion about games.

but i loved far cry 2 as well!

well... loved might be a little strong, but i apprectiated a lot of the things it did but disliked some stuff as well (kinda shoddy stealth, respawning outposts).

Mikeside

Yeah, bog hella open. Although I will shout at her to go away if she comes near while I'm trying to make number two. Some things a man needs some space for, ya know?

I'd say that I'm definitely the more 'action film'y of the two of us, but she'll enjoy a good one too. I'm quite proud that she seems to really dig hard sci fi, I really should track down Solaris since she'd probably enjoy it too (she strangely loved 2001, the first half of Sunshine, Moon etc). We also enjoy a good soppy indie comedy, you know, the kind with wonky hand-lettered titles and acoustic neo-folk soundtracks. And Scott Pilgrim.

tbh, I think liking similar media is one of the main reasons we've been able to stay together 4eva. I know it's shallow, but I don't know how couples work when one hates the other's music or TV or whatevs.

I always wanted a partner who was obsessed with all the same media as me.
I wanted to lay on the grass listening to OK Computer and reading Chew to kill some time before we go to the cinema and watch a special showing of Jurassic Park.

What I'm finding is that I'm in an even better situation.
I like Zs music - quite a bit really, it reminds me of what I used to listen to 10 years ago, but I wouldn't put any of her albums on if I was on my own.
She likes my music (most of it anyway), but I think she feels pretty much the same.

It's nice, because we have a good time at gigs, which we go to a lot of because we both want to see OUR bands ("and we just went to TWO shows you wanted to see, so it's my turn") and we end up listening to a lot more varied music.

It's sort of working out with regards to TV and movies too. I've got her into OITNB and Game of Thrones. I'm going to try and work on making her watch Parks & Recreation next, I think.

Her TV is straight up awful though. Made in Chelsea type stuff.
I'm learning to watch it from behind judging eyes, but I'm worried I might get invested.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Awwww, so sweet. Mocking each others' cherished art is the foundation of any happy relationship :)

Aye. It's one of life's pleasures. Especially if it gets a little heated and she smacks you round the chops for saying something out of turn and you find you've both ended up having passionate, wild, angry sex and you scream "THAT'LL DO PIG" in her face just as you--- Hang on.

Uh... hmmm... *ahem* carry on.

Well videogames and sports are both entertainment which is why I compared them. Oh and people do cheer for McD's, have you seen the McRib threads in OT? Also did you see that EA trailer for FIFA? The way they described football was ridiculous beyond belief considering it boils down to watching overpaid men kicking a ball. Honestly, people cheering for a game they look forward to isn't exactly an oddity in this world.

I was joking.

I'm one of these weirdos that enjoys watching footbawl AND playing vidyogaems but doesn't enjoy FIFA.

While you might not agree with someone liking something to potentially excessive degrees, being forever butt-blasted/colon-crucified/duodenum-demolished/rectum-ravaged/sphincter-splintered etc about it seems incredibly pointless.

What's worse, mindless exhuberance or impotent rage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2sKH8yjVsM

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sneakers?

Don't you dare speak ill of that classic, also, they don't hack the net, they aquire a decryption device... /sulk

hahahahaha! I saw it at the cinema!

Hey sploatee, get hype:

Destiny time-lapse: world in motion.

Love these vids, the Red Dead Redemption and GTA5 ones were glorious.

Fab-O. Thank you! We're starting a BritGAF clan, aren't we?

That's pretty fruity.

Hooray for love! I like Twilight (well, not the first one, but New Moon and Eclipse were alright. Hunger Games is better though).

I always wanted a partner who was obsessed with all the same media as me.
I wanted to lay on the grass listening to OK Computer and reading Chew to kill some time before we go to the cinema and watch a special showing of Jurassic Park.

What I'm finding is that I'm in an even better situation.
I like Zs music - quite a bit really, it reminds me of what I used to listen to 10 years ago, but I wouldn't put any of her albums on if I was on my own.
She likes my music (most of it anyway), but I think she feels pretty much the same.

It's nice, because we have a good time at gigs, which we go to a lot of because we both want to see OUR bands ("and we just went to TWO shows you wanted to see, so it's my turn") and we end up listening to a lot more varied music.

It's sort of working out with regards to TV and movies too. I've got her into OITNB and Game of Thrones. I'm going to try and work on making her watch Parks & Recreation next, I think.

Her TV is straight up awful though. Made in Chelsea type stuff.
I'm learning to watch it from behind judging eyes, but I'm worried I might get invested.

Get invested! Made in Chelsea is the best! Team Lucy Watson.

------

PS LONDON PEOPLE. I HAVE NOW FOUND OUT I WILL BE IN LONDON NEXT WEDNESDAY. I SHOULD BE FREE FROM AROUND 2.30PM. MY HOME TIME WILL DEPEND ON IF ANYBODY MEETS ME BECAUSE I AM DAMNED IF I AM PAYING FOR A PEAK TIME TRAIN. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PAY YOUR RESPECTS. AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

Mikeside

Hooray for love! I like Twilight (well, not the first one, but New Moon and Eclipse were alright. Hunger Games is better though).

------

PS LONDON PEOPLE. I HAVE NOW FOUND OUT I WILL BE IN LONDON NEXT WEDNESDAY. I SHOULD BE FREE FROM AROUND 2.30PM. MY HOME TIME WILL DEPEND ON IF ANYBODY MEETS ME BECAUSE I AM DAMNED IF I AM PAYING FOR A PEAK TIME TRAIN. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PAY YOUR RESPECTS. AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

GOD DAMMIT
I'm still on holiday.
Come to London at a more acceptable time for mememememe.

Or, y'know, come to the meet.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just watched Alejandro Jodorowsky's newest film: The Dance of Reality

It was okay, the first half was a lot more entertaining than the second IMO. Some of it was truly fucked up, which is basically Jodorowsky's style (a Jewish woman pisses on another character to heal them of the plague). His son is an excellent actor!

I enjoyed the Dune documentary a lot more.

Me me me me me me me me me

I finish work at 5:30, where will you be?

Speaking of having thingd in common with your other half, when me and Andy first got together I thought we had everything in common, but nowadays that's far from the case. I like all his music, he hates most of mine. I like watching most tv programs, apart from reality tv, I love American dramas. He watches documentaries and mostly car programs and the like. He likes racing games, I like everything else. But we love doing the same stuff, snowboarding longboarding mountain biking hanging out in the park dinner out etc. Except he's a hermit and I'm a social butterfly.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

------

oh my sweet jesus I will try and get the day off to come and meet you irl

Mikeside

I just found out Matt Lees is still creating game things, but on his own and he's getting funded by Patreon (kickstarty subscription) now.

I'm in for $5 a month to keep Matt making the only gaming related YouTube shit I can watch without cringing constantly.

The Microsoft 2014 abridged was great, can't wait for the rest to go up.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
GOD DAMMIT
I'm still on holiday.
Come to London at a more acceptable time for mememememe.

Or, y'know, come to the meet.

It's unlikely, probably, sadly. But I will be at the Eurogamer!

Me me me me me me me me me

I finish work at 5:30, where will you be?

Speaking of having thingd in common with your other half, when me and Andy first got together I thought we had everything in common, but nowadays that's far from the case. I like all his music, he hates most of mine. I like watching most tv programs, apart from reality tv, I love American dramas. He watches documentaries and mostly car programs and the like. He likes racing games, I like everything else. But we love doing the same stuff, snowboarding longboarding mountain biking hanging out in the park dinner out etc. Except he's a hermit and I'm a social butterfly.

lol - that's not too far away from when we first started! "Wahey, we both like the Strokes! and the Libertines!" (it was 2002). Now it's like "E, let's put on a record!" "OK! What have you got?" - I list all my records - "OK! How about MTV?"

I don't know yet - I'll probably be central-ish!? I need to get the train from Euston, so somewhere Zone 1-ey. Hooray!

oh my sweet jesus I will try and get the day off to come and meet you irl

No pressure then!?"!!"?!"?!?!/

But yes, will be nice to meet you :)

I just found out Matt Lees is still creating game things, but on his own and he's getting funded by Patreon (kickstarty subscription) now.

I'm in for $5 a month to keep Matt making the only gaming related YouTube shit I can watch without cringing constantly.

I took the time to slag him off in the thread.

There must be balance in the universe.

Slowdive

Banned

Yeah his stuff is still really good. I still love Videogamer.com's Youtube stuff though, the podcast is the best.

NinjaBoiX

sploatee, I'll be up for a Destiny clan, but you know how reliable I am for meeting up to play! It could test out friendship.

Loving the SO's and music stories, they really don't mix sometimes. I remember asking for Medúlla as a Christmas present from an ex one year, so she asked who it was by and stuff, to make sure she got the right one or whatever.

"Björk? Isn't that the little weirdo with the squeaky voice who sings with an annoying accent? What do you listen to her for?"

I could've slapped her across the face and kicked her in the cunt, but she was driving. So I threw her Sugababes CD out of the window.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
"Björk? Isn't that the little weirdo with the squeaky voice who sings with an annoying accent? What do you listen to her for?"

170.gif

It's unlikely, probably, sadly. But I will be at the Eurogamer!

lol - that's not too far away from when we first started! "Wahey, we both like the Strokes! and the Libertines!" (it was 2002). Now it's like "E, let's put on a record!" "OK! What have you got?" - I list all my records - "OK! How about MTV?"

I don't know yet - I'll probably be central-ish!? I need to get the train from Euston, so somewhere Zone 1-ey. Hooray!

No pressure then!?"!!"?!"?!?!/

But yes, will be nice to meet you :)

Euston's only 5 stops up from Bank on the Northern line, and I'm one stop from Bank on the central line, so this bodes well! Do you have my number from your whatsapp days?

So the summer meetup is looking like it'll be gorgeous weather

Has anyone not signed attendance yet? Looks like we might only have about 12 of us there!

Get your arses to the thread.

I'm disappointed that I've not heard from:
8bit
No Angel (where IS that guy, anyway? surely babies can't be all THAT time-demanding)
Little Old Man
Tashbrooke
QuicheFontaine
Hyst
Reknoc

and where's the false promise from Steve that he'll finally make this one?

It might be because I've been to a lunch thing that had wine, but I'm kinda thinking about it. I looked it up on Virgin Trains and the return from Brizzle is only £30, which is pretty cheap.

Dapper seems pretty cool, and Zomg (I wouldn't mind meeting CylopsRocks but looks like he can't make it), is Jed really this miserable irl though? I'm seeing it going like
"Hey, what do you think of..."
"NO, I HATES IT"
"Ok :-("

sploatee, I'll be up for a Destiny clan, but you know how reliable I am for meeting up to play! It could test out friendship.

Loving the SO's and music stories, they really don't mix sometimes. I remember asking for Medúlla as a Christmas present from an ex one year, so she asked who it was by and stuff, to make sure she got the right one or whatever.

I could've slapped her across the face and kicked her in the cunt, but she was driving. So I threw her Sugababes CD out of the window.

Did you (or anyone else) receive a beta code from Amazon?

Mikeside

It might be because I've been to a lunch thing that had wine, but I'm kinda thinking about it. I looked it up on Virgin Trains and the return from Brizzle is only £30, which is pretty cheap.

Dapper seems pretty cool, and Zomg (I wouldn't mind meeting CylopsRocks but looks like he can't make it), is Jed really this miserable irl though? I'm seeing it going like
"NO, I HATES IT"

No Jed is pretty much the opposite in real life - as long as it's not Japanese and it's a bit nerdy, you can probably get him into it.

THANKS FOR MENTIONING HOW AWESOME IT WOULD BE TO MEET ME TOO, MOTHERFUCKER

"NO, I HATES IT"

Prepare to be disappointed. Jokes aside if you can afford it it would be great to see you.

And no Jed is only soul-suckingly negative behind a keyboard (at least that's my experience)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

"NO, I HATES IT"

I am super nice! I am the friendly one. Me and Mikey are like the Sensitive Bros. Zomg is way more aggro IRL. Ask him about the XBox then back away slowly. And Tash too, one meet I went back to the station with him and he was hammered and kept saying that he wanted to deck a copper.

IRL you can see the grin on my face when I'm gleefully shitting over everything you hold dear. I'll make way more sense.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Euston's only 5 stops up from Bank on the Northern line, and I'm one stop from Bank on the central line, so this bodes well! Do you have my number from your whatsapp days?

No, but I Will Pm you!

Did you (or anyone else) receive a beta code from Amazon?

Nope. I pre ordered from psn. It started downloading the beta straight way then gave me an error message. Apparently they will be emailing a code. There are streams all over the PS app thing though. ARE YOU JOINING THE CLAN THEN ITS NOT MARRIAGE OR ANYTHING

No Jed is pretty much the opposite in real life - as long as it's not Japanese and it's a bit nerdy, you can probably get him into it.

THANKS FOR MENTIONING HOW AWESOME IT WOULD BE TO MEET ME TOO, MOTHERFUCKER

I wanna meet you! Don't feel down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom