• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
you should really listen to this album, though. it's soppybeautiful

listen to it like 3 times, it's a real grower.

or wait until the vinyl comes out and I'll bring it over for maximum scenepoints

ooh yeah I'll always take anyone up on a vinyl listening date. Wait till I get my Alpha Male Tea Party LP and we can make a night out of it.

OK BGAF help me out here, I could win some chocolates. What song is this guy parodying? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mo9Gmg514c he says it's an american composer. Probably posh since it's one of the teachers here at school.

8bit

Knows the Score
Nope. I pre ordered from psn. It started downloading the beta straight way then gave me an error message. Apparently they will be emailing a code. There are streams all over the PS app thing though. ARE YOU JOINING THE CLAN THEN ITS NOT MARRIAGE OR ANYTHING

I've got my code from Amazon to input into Bungie's website. Looking forward to trying it out, shame it's PS3 for me :/

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've got my code from Amazon to input into Bungie's website. Looking forward to trying it out, shame it's PS3 for me :/

I don't think I got into the alpha. Oh well. And tbh it probably won't look that different on PS4.

--

I was wrong about entwined a bit - it's a bit more Flow than Flower but it's pretty nice to be honest. It's nice to play a game which is about bringing two little flying thingies together. It's tricky though. But pleasantly hypnotic. Got a feeling it's really really short though.

8bit

Knows the Score
Happy Holidays!

I don't think I got into the alpha. Oh well. And tbh it probably won't look that different on PS4.

--

I was wrong about entwined a bit - it's a bit more Flow than Flower but it's pretty nice to be honest. It's nice to play a game which is about bringing two little flying thingies together. It's tricky though. But pleasantly hypnotic. Got a feeling it's really really short though.

The game mechanic doesn't change, does it? It's all just flying through hoops with some more open bits at level end?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Happy Holidays!

The game mechanic doesn't change, does it? It's all just flying through hoops with some more open bits at level end?

I guess so. It depends how much you connect with the aesthetics and the whole "relationship" idea. I found it quite hypnotic after a while. The challenge mode is different though - it's score based and gets ludicrously hard after a while. My brain can't handle having to move each of the birds independently!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've made a stupid video in which I make fun of bits from E3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgZhrb2Wmi0&feature=youtu.be

I meant to say that I watched this over breakfast and liked it!

That was pretty good Jonathan! Do you do other things like that often?

I have also a video to share that can be said to encapsulate E3 as a whole:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu0qtEwb9gE

I liked this too. :)

Hey cunts

I'll play Destiny with any nice people when it's out on the PS4

Huzzah! After reading properly it turns out the alpha codes don't go out until later today.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Nintendo won e3, didn't they? I watched their event and not only was it really charming there were loads of new and quirky ideas there. I don't know if they are my kinds of game (I think I like Nintendo in theory more than practice) but it was a nice show.

I finished watching sony's one too. The only things I really took away were Abzu and No Man's Sky. At the moment the trailer is like a music video for me!

NinjaBoiX

Nintendo won e3, didn't they?
Nah, Splatoon looks cool, the Zelda trailer was nice and Mario Maker looks fairly fun. But other than that they didn't really show much to excite me. Their little skits and stuff were just plain embarrassing too.

Indie games definitely ruled the show, but if I had to choose one of the Big Three that showed the best games it would be MS. They had Kamiya's new game as an exclusive, bastards!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Nah, Splatoon looks cool, the Zelda trailer was nice and Mario Maker looks fairly fun. But other than that they didn't really show much to excite me. Their little skits and stuff were just plain embarrassing too.

Indie games definitely ruled the show, but if I had to choose one of the Big Three that showed the best games it would be MS. They had Kamiya's new game as an exclusive, bastards!

I've not seen MS 's one yet but wasn't it heavy on cod / battlefield / ac? None of those appeal to me at all. I've never played a Kamiya game before so I am neither excited or unexcited by that news.

Edit- oh and for me Nintendo was about the Toad game. I love Toad and the Toads.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
MGSV has shitting horses and balloon-kidnapped goats (pun intended).

fvcbmi.gif

Just missing some well placed C4, I think. This and NMS are the clear winners for me.

EDIT: I've gone and shitted the thread with MGS speak again, haven't I? Dammit.

NinjaBoiX

I've not seen MS 's one yet but wasn't it heavy on cod / battlefield / ac? None of those appeal to me at all. I've never played a Kamiya game before so I am neither excited or unexcited by that news.
Not particularly. CoD was shown at the start for about 5 mins, same with AC, and Battlefield was shown at the EA conference.

They showed Sunset Overdrive that looks immense, Forza Horizon 2 (same old, but yay!), Crackdown, ScaleBound (Kamiya's game), and all of those are exclusive. They showed other cool stuff but it's multiplat.

If I didn't have any of the consoles, based purely on the games I was most excited by MS's show.

Edit: I liked your video too Jonathan, it was amusing.

That was pretty good Jonathan! Do you do other things like that often?

Ah thank you! Not that often, probably been a year or so since something like that.

I meant to say that I watched this over breakfast and liked it!

The length of this video was exactly as long as it takes me to eat a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes.

Good stuff, I didn't watch Sony or Nintendo, and it doesn't really look like I missed much.

Thank you! Looks like breakfast-food-length videos are the future.

No real idea on Sony's, I skimmed through it the next morning. Maybe some good games I missed but fuck pressers are long and dull when not watching live. And 2hrs is too long, full stop.

Nintendo was quite cool I thought though. They've pulled off a great E3 and make me feel pretty good about my recent WiiU purchase. They've quietly built up a pretty good device, though I'm not sure quietly is the best business strategy (well by not sure I mean it's not)

I'm not uber excite about a lot of the games at E3. Some of them weren't even at the conferences.

#Driveclub is looking #better and #better. Some of the things that have come out are ridiculous, like getting NASA consultants to make sure the star constellations were correct in each setting, or the randomly generated 3D dynamic clouds that move with the location's wind speed and affect the light realistically. Most games just go for a skybox but woteva.

Mortal Kombat X was a surprise. I knew it was coming but didn't expect to see it at a conference. Gloriously grotesque fatalities abound (blowing a hole in someone's stomach, reaching into someone's exposed spinal cord and snapping it in half for example.)

Civilization: Beyond Earth is obviously PC only and doesn't involve shooting or zombies so wasn't on the stage.

Stuff I was really interested in I'm less excited about now, like The Order: 1996 or The Division. Funny how a pre rendered trailer meant to express the "emotional depth" of a game can actually make me less interested in it than I was when they were shooting at cars.

I guess I was expecting more surprises. There's always next year when every game announced will come out in 2016 if it's not delayed.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Daps, The Order 1996 would be amazing. You could play as Keith Flint and everything!

ps all ps4 owners in this thread, apparently the Destiny alpha is not an exclusive thing, as long as you sign up. At least according to some bloke at Bungie, apparently. So sign up quick and get a free play this weekend!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No real idea on Sony's, I skimmed through it the next morning. Maybe some good games I missed but fuck pressers are long and dull when not watching live. And 2hrs is too long, full stop.

You needed to watch it in a tired and cynical state at 2am for the true experience where you become excessively critical of every little thing that could tick you off.

Daps, The Order 1996 would be amazing. You could play as Keith Flint and everything!

ps all ps4 owners in this thread, apparently the Destiny alpha is not an exclusive thing, as long as you sign up. At least according to some bloke at Bungie, apparently. So sign up quick and get a free play this weekend!

The Order 1996: Come Play My Game I'll Test Ya

I did the Destiny thingy last night but I haven't received any confirmation.

Help me Sploaty Wan, you're my only hope.

You needed to watch it in a tired and cynical state at 2am for the true experience where you become excessively critical of every little thing that could tick you off.

Yeah, I do enjoy that. Helps with the bite. Didn't think it would help me at work the next day sadly.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sony was not worth staying up for. I watched it at 8PM Americuh time and still considered turning in early. As much as I enjoy a good old Microsoft put down, the jokes were lame even for Sony's low standard. Trailers were the only thing that held it together which you can just watch anytime. Bloodborne looks like a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom