• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

Game is out in 2 months Bungie has no idea what a alpha or beta is. It pretty much a demo and game is probably pretty much ready to go gold

AcridMeat

Banned
My record is 9, both times with mage with 3-4 Flamestrikes. That tells you all you need about that fucking card.

7 wins means you should get enough gold to go again without quests.
Nice! My best is 6, but that was months ago when the game first went into beta. Modern Hearthstoning is horrendous in the Meat camp. Still playing daily regardless.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Game is out in 2 months Bungie has no idea what a alpha or beta is. It pretty much a demo and game is probably pretty much ready to go gold

Still not liking it?

Now I've gotten used to the way it feels it's actually rather good. It's lots of fun leaping into the air, hovering over baddies and launching my super at them. It's also fun summoning the speeder bike and running them over.

Hystzen

Still not liking it?

Now I've gotten used to the way it feels it's actually rather good. It's lots of fun leaping into the air, hovering over baddies and launching my super at them. It's also fun summoning the speeder bike and running them over.

I'm still not sold on concept of a MMO style FPS game. Level cap is 20 so expect tons of grinding for exp. it plays great but at moment all classes play the same and feel same apart from odd power or two. Also worry about content side, if it going have 4 planets after seeing map of earth it seems eh. Then how much variety between the missions will it keep me occupied from being bored after first planet.

It has left a more positive impression after playing it but it not day one I want see how things play out down line like how much expansions for new planet and skills going be.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Trying to work out if the constant vidya gaemz talk is a step up or step down from the YouTube spamming.

A STEP UP! A STEP UP!

I'm still not sold on concept of a MMO style FPS game. Level cap is 20 so expect tons of grinding for exp. it plays great but at moment all classes play the same and feel same apart from odd power or two. Also worry about content side, if it going have 4 planets after seeing map of earth it seems eh. Then how much variety between the missions will it keep me occupied from being bored after first planet.

It has left a more positive impression after playing it but it not day one I want see how things play out down line like how much expansions for new planet and skills going be.

Sounds sensible. :)

jimbor

Banned
Asked a mod about it, they said it was probably because it hadn't been posted in for a month. I considered starting a new one, but there are some right fucking idiots in that thread and I felt it would just attract the same ones again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y&feature=kp

Monty Python - The Argument Sketch

True enough. I'd like to see a no voter without a persecution complex, not frothing at the mouth about the SNP and 'cybernats' but I don't think it's likely.

Danj

Picked up Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller for cheap at GMG yesterday, burned through it this weekend. Great story. Art style's a bit weird but if you can get past that it's really enjoyable. Anyone know of any other recent adventure games that are as good or better?

And none of this "you have to steal the pin from the noticeboard to let the air out of the balloon to attach it to the hose to drip water at exactly the right rate to activate the mechanism to unlock the secret door" shit, I can't cope with that crap.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
And none of this "you have to steal the pin from the noticeboard to let the air out of the balloon to attach it to the hose to drip water at exactly the right rate to activate the mechanism to unlock the secret door" shit, I can't cope with that crap.
You're describing every adventure game I've ever played right here. Even Monkey Island does this to an extent, as much as I love the series.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sorry Dan, no idea!

About to log on to Destiny for the last time before it ends, if you are online give me a shout! I'm totally hooked and have already cancelled my life from September onwards.

Reknoc

Picked up Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller for cheap at GMG yesterday, burned through it this weekend. Great story. Art style's a bit weird but if you can get past that it's really enjoyable. Anyone know of any other recent adventure games that are as good or better?

Broken Sword 5 is the only adventure game released recently worth caring about.

I may or may not be a huge Broken Sword fan though

NinjaBoiX

Destiny is pretty cool. I only just got round to having a quick go tonight (I was going to play tomorrow until my mate told me it ends tonight!), so I hopped on with daps and sploatee for half an hour. I had no mic, so when I met them, the obvious way to say hello was to boogie. :p (Sorry for the short, chatless session from me guys.)

Thoughts:

- It looks lush, it has a really weathered, lived in feel to it, all rust and decay. The art style is cool and the lighting/effects/etc were sweet too. Plus I can deal with the 30 fps because it's pretty solid. Didn't get to experience night time because I wasn't on long enough, but it impressed none the less.

- It plays really well, like a faster, more weighty Halo. The guns felt nice (only used the standard rifle and shotgun but yeah, decent), and the splash damage on the grenades is satisfyingly meaty. Spawning a speeder bike whenever you want is a good design decision too. I played the class with the flaming gun thing as the super charge, felt badass.

- I have no idea what all the extra stuff was about; Grimoire cards, leaves and stuff you pick up, didn't even look at the tower thing, never got to dip into the upgrades system, etc. I basically spent half an hour running around shooting enemies and driving the speeder bike. Still had fun!

- The music was pretty nice, as you'd expect. The sound effects were nice and punchy. The enemies sounded loads like Halo enemies. Dinklage sounded indifferent.

So yeah, briefly dipped my toe in but I had fun. Will buy.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Destiny is pretty cool. I only just got round to having a quick go tonight (I was going to play tomorrow until my mate told me it ends tonight!), so I hopped on with daps and sploatee for half an hour. I had no mic, so when I met them, the obvious way to say hello was to boogie. :p (Sorry for the short, chatless session from me guys.)

Thoughts:

- It looks lush, it has a really weathered, lived in feel to it, all rust and decay. The art style is cool and the lighting/effects/etc were sweet too. Plus I can deal with the 30 fps because it's pretty solid. Didn't get to experience night time because I wasn't on long enough, but it impressed none the less.

- It plays really well, like a faster, more weighty Halo. The guns felt nice (only used the standard rifle and shotgun but yeah, decent), and the splash damage on the grenades is satisfyingly meaty. Spawning a speeder bike whenever you want is a good design decision too. I played the class with the flaming gun thing as the super charge, felt badass.

- I have no idea what all the extra stuff was about; Grimoire cards, leaves and stuff you pick up, didn't even look at the tower thing, never got to dip into the upgrades system, etc. I basically spent half an hour running around shooting enemies and driving the speeder bike. Still had fun!

- The music was pretty nice, as you'd expect. The sound effects were nice and punchy. The enemies sounded loads like Halo enemies. Dinklage sounded indifferent.

So yeah, briefly dipped my toe in but I had fun. Will buy.

Excellent ! We've just finished the Strike mission (basically a raid) on legendary difficulty. Insanely hard. I think it's fair to say that we sucked and this other player (appropriately named Some Amazing Kid) basically ran the show and kept reviving us. We were both dead when the boss finally died!

ps daps sorry I had to leave abruptly, I basically looked at the time and though "Argh! Got a meeting tomorrow morning!"

Not everyone's cup of tea but I thought Resonance was really good. It's got this gimmick where you can switch between four characters - a bit like Day of the Tentacle - and solving some puzzles takes two characters in combination. You can get it off GoG for a few quid I think.

As Jackben says, what adventure games aren't guilty of this! I remember wandering around in Curse of Monkey Island for a loooooong time with 'skeleton arm covered in paste' and having no clue what to do with it.

NinjaBoiX

Go to pay some money into my account at Barclays, get accosted by an assistant before I get the chance to join the (tiny) queue.

"What are you doing today? Oh, well we can do that over here if you like." Starts filling in this pay-in envelope, after like 30 seconds the queue is none existent. Another minute or so passes so I say:

"Sorry, what's the benefit of this? I could've had this paid in and been gone by now if I'd just queued."

"Oh, well we're gradually taking cashiers off, so we're trying to get customers to use this service to pay in instead."

"Fair enough. Does it still go in immediately? It's kind of urgent."

"Well it'll be in by the end of the day."

So this new service takes longer, requires a load of writing and isn't immediate. But it facilitates lower overheads for you guys. Excellent, thanks for your help.

62ZpILQ.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Did anyone watch that Virgin Killer thing last night on 4? Was proper depressing and also was quite disturbing on the severe GTA echoes that it had. California, indiscriminate killing, driving about in a car. Gave me the proper spooks since I had gleefully been doing the exact same shit about 3 hours ago and laughing my head off.

Lead into it from watching Fargo which was fucking INSANE. Anyone else watching it? True Detective-level amounts of awesome.

Excellent ! We've just finished the Strike mission (basically a raid) on legendary difficulty. Insanely hard. I think it's fair to say that we sucked and this other player (appropriately named Some Amazing Kid) basically ran the show and kept reviving us. We were both dead when the boss finally died!

ps daps sorry I had to leave abruptly, I basically looked at the time and though "Argh! Got a meeting tomorrow morning!"

No worries, we finished the strike and that was that, I was happy to bid the alpha adieu. I think the strike missions will definitely offer some of the best content in the full game.

By the way if I at times sounded odd last night it wasn't because I suddenly developed a speech impediment, I was just trying to subtly eat a rapidly-cooling Dominos pizza. Perhaps you didn't notice in which the cats out of the beans. Oh no!

Woke up at 5 this morning, was going to roll over and sleep till 7 when I remembered the GoT finale aired during the night, so I watched that then went to work. I may pay the price for that today when my bloodshot eyes gaze up at the clock and see it's only half four and I have to stay another hour. Still, the show was ehhmazing. Going to have to find a vastly inadequate replacement in my schedule now until 2015.

EDIT

Now that I have my laptop Fargo might fill that hole. Plus I never finished that Hannibal show with Morpheus and the creepy stag.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
No worries, we finished the strike and that was that, I was happy to bid the alpha adieu. I think the strike missions will definitely offer some of the best content in the full game.

By the way if I at times sounded odd last night it wasn't because I suddenly developed a speech impediment, I was just trying to subtly eat a rapidly-cooling Dominos pizza. Perhaps you didn't notice in which the cats out of the beans. Oh no!

Woke up at 5 this morning, was going to roll over and sleep till 7 when I remembered the GoT finale aired during the night, so I watched that then went to work. I may pay the price for that today when my bloodshot eyes gaze up at the clock and see it's only half four and I have to stay another hour. Still, the show was ehhmazing. Going to have to find a vastly inadequate replacement in my schedule now until 2015.

EDIT

Now that I have my laptop Fargo might fill that hole. Plus I never finished that Hannibal show with Morpheus and the creepy stag.

Please do me a favour and PM Musha some spoilers for the lulz. Can't wait to watch this sucka when I get home.

As for replacing it, I turn to other tits'n'swords shows in the hiatus. Tudors, Borgias, Rome etc. I need corsets and copious stabbing in my life at all costs.

Please do me a favour and PM Musha some spoilers for the lulz. Can't wait to watch this sucka when I get home.

As for replacing it, I turn to other tits'n'swords shows in the hiatus. Tudors, Borgias, Rome etc. I need corsets and copious stabbing in my life at all costs.

I would never have seen the pedal-powered time machine coming.

This is gonna sound really strange, but I actually watch the show for it's plot. Though I do get tremendous pleasure from hearing people in ye olde style settings say "cunt."

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I would never have seen the pedal-powered time machine coming.

This is gonna sound really strange, but I actually watch the show for it's plot. Though I do get tremendous pleasure from hearing people in ye olde style settings say "cunt."

Oh yeah totally, the plot is the best reason to watch it. Then tits, then swords.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

No worries, I didn't notice!

--

How is everyone today?

Booked my tickets for London on Weds. So expensive. I'm having to get the coach down at 6am and then have a first class train back at 8pm (because it was cheaper than normal?!) so I am going to be shattered.

Tash, are we meeting? We don't have to, I'd just like to know so I can make plans.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
No worries, I didn't notice!

--

How is everyone today?

Booked my tickets for London on Weds. So expensive. I'm having to get the coach down at 6am and then have a first class train back at 8pm (because it was cheaper than normal?!) so I am going to be shattered.

Tash, are we meeting? We don't have to, I'd just like to know so I can make plans.

You should stay till next weekend so you can join the PartySuperParty!!

Now work is quietening down it's time to get back to pimping my warez. As such, I've been putting together review quotes for a PFG press pack thing. Revel in my praise:

“it is, of course, post-rock, post-piece jazz, math rock fragments, little electronics with reference to 65dos, acoustics, female members and many other equally interesting sounds. !”
Anonymous Russian filesharing site

“it’s a real slab of original thought and well-considered creativity.”
Musical Melting Pot
http://themusicalmeltingpot.com/2014/06/14/parachute-for-gordo-ten-metres-per-second-per-second/

“An unpolished and enjoyable listen.”
NineHertz
http://www.ninehertz.co.uk/viewitem/4408

“this album is an absolute corker”
Toby Mearing
http://tobymearingradioshow.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/parachute-for-gordo-ten-metres-per.html

“Parachute For Gordo is an at times demanding proposition but equally a richly promising and mightily enjoyable one, a challenge all noise and rock fans should take an intensive look at.”
Ringmaster Review Introduces
http://ringmasterreviewintroduces.w...e-for-gordo-ten-metres-per-second-per-second/

“…for all of the jarring contrasts, everything hangs together pretty well, and there’s never a dull moment”
Whisperin and Hollerin
http://www.whisperinandhollerin.com/reviews/review.asp?id=10775

///

Woot woot!

If anyone knows anything about putting a press pack together, tell me.

NinjaBoiX

Awesome Jed! Good reviews, well deserved.

Also, that Royal Blood Live Lounge was middling. They were tight and whatever, but the sound mixing was horrendous. The music was way too loud and the vocal way too quiet. It sounded like he was singing from another studio with the door open, the engineer wants a slap.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Awesome Jed! Good reviews, well deserved.

Also, that Royal Blood Live Lounge was middling. They were tight and whatever, but the sound mixing was horrendous. The guitars were way too loud and the vocal way too quiet. It sounded like he was singing from another studio with the door open, the engineer wants a slap.

Aw that's a shame. So hard to get live bands sounding good on the radio, it almost always just sounds like a shitter version of the record. Live mixing plus radio compression = bad times!

I have just got THE BEST idea for our press pack, using my valuable office time to make it now.

Did anyone watch that Virgin Killer thing last night on 4? Was proper depressing and also was quite disturbing on the severe GTA echoes that it had. California, indiscriminate killing, driving about in a car. Gave me the proper spooks since I had gleefully been doing the exact same shit about 3 hours ago and laughing my head off.

Lead into it from watching Fargo which was fucking INSANE. Anyone else watching it? True Detective-level amounts of awesome.

Fargo? Aces!

NinjaBoiX

Stress sucks guys, way too much to finish up at work, way too much to sort at home and I still don't know where I'm living in two weeks. I feel like I need a secretary at the minute, help sort my life out!

tinyviolin.jpg
Everything is from the 90s.
Haha, so shorty. Obviously I know who Mike Oldfield is, I used to hammer Tubular Bells as a kid. But I thought the music in that trailer was cack.

mkuHNxW.jpg

:p

Lirlond

Go to pay some money into my account at Barclays, get accosted by an assistant before I get the chance to join the (tiny) queue.

"What are you doing today? Oh, well we can do that over here if you like." Starts filling in this pay-in envelope, after like 30 seconds the queue is none existent. Another minute or so passes so I say:

"Sorry, what's the benefit of this? I could've had this paid in and been gone by now if I'd just queued."

"Oh, well we're gradually taking cashiers off, so we're trying to get customers to use this service to pay in instead."

"Fair enough. Does it still go in immediately? It's kind of urgent."

"Well it'll be in by the end of the day."

So this new service takes longer, requires a load of writing and isn't immediate. But it facilitates lower overheads for you guys. Excellent, thanks for your help.

http://i.imgur.com/62ZpILQ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Weird, my bank has an atm you can just pop money into and it goes in instantly.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Aww Ninj that would stress anyone out. Just take it systematically. Get budget. Go websites. Make shortlist of places that available at short notice. Book visits all on same day. Make visits. Sign up short term.

Edit - oh and you Prince haters are bonkers. The albums from Dirty Mind to Sign O The Times are as good as any Beatles/ Bowie / Miles / stevie / Curtis run of albums. So so so good.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah sploatee, it's cool, we're on top of it! My bro is busy viewing flats, I just need to get my arse in gear with all the sorting at my end.

I'll get there mate!
Weird, my bank has an atm you can just pop money into and it goes in instantly.
Yeah, she said they're getting them soon. But it was just like, you're standing here for a few minutes filling out this form/envelope, only for someone to then take the money out of said envelope and have to do exactly what I would've done at the counter in like 30 seconds. How is that more efficient? And why do I get a poorer service that costs you more man hours? Boneheaded.

It did go into my account after like an hour to her credit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Aww Ninj that would stress anyone out. Just take it systematically. Get budget. Go websites. Make shortlist of places that available at short notice. Book visits all on same day. Make visits. Sign up short term.

Edit - oh and you Prince haters are bonkers. The albums from Dirty Mind to Sign O The Times are as good as any Beatles/ Bowie / Miles / stevie / Curtis run of albums. So so so good.

Seriously like actually really? For the record, I don't think Stevie Wonder has one good album. Has a ton of great singles, but so much terrible noodling too.

I find the trouble with Prince is his sound is SO 80s it's hard to take it seriously. Feels like it's made out of rapidly deteriorating plastic.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Drank from 12pm, this lass I've been seeing insinuated that she was fucking another dude and I got mad, went to a sex dungeon, got a lift to the highstreet, passed out in a doorway of a shop, got found by my friends mum then I went to her home and fucked said friend and drank her vodka and passed out again and now I'm finally home

How was everyone else's Sunday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom