• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Talking Book and Innervisions are absolutely great albums
hPj7mAa.jpg

Superstition is a GOAT single sure, but Maybe Your Baby is so bad I can't make it through half of it. He's way too fond of that synth too, totally bloats a lot of the songs.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I don't want more people to find out about Utopia because then it'll be obvious where we nicked the sample from on our record and we'll get caught.

Jedeye i think you're letting your prejudice against certain instruments/production styles cloud your judgment.

It's kind of like saying "this chef is crap because he uses chicken as an ingredient"

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Seriously like actually really? For the record, I don't think Stevie Wonder has one good album. Has a ton of great singles, but so much terrible noodling too.

I find the trouble with Prince is his sound is SO 80s it's hard to take it seriously. Feels like it's made out of rapidly deteriorating plastic.

NEIN!

Talking Book, Innervisions, songs in the key of life, fulfillingness, music of my mind... Yes there is about 20% cheese (which I like) but some really amazing soul music in there.

Prince...yes you need to be able to accept a bit of synth, but honestly there's not as much as you'd think. I could do you a list of amazing songs, but not sure you would listen to them! But at his best he's a mix of everything, jazz, punk, Soul, house, funk, psychedelia, pop...

...with a pile of rule breaking and innovation too. Srsly. He is one of the best ever. And then when you realise he plays every instrument...

Talking Book and Innervisions are absolutely great albums
hPj7mAa.jpg

FOZW8ns.jpg

Yes!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
NEIN!

Talking Book, Innervisions, songs in the key of life, fulfillingness, music of my mind... Yes there is about 20% cheese (which I like) but some really amazing soul music in there.

Prince...yes you need to be able to accept a bit of synth, but honestly there's not as much as you'd think. I could do you a list of amazing songs, but not sure you would listen to them! But at his best he's a mix of everything, jazz, punk, Soul, house, funk, psychedelia, pop...

...with a pile of rule breaking and innovation too. Srsly. He is one of the best ever. And then when you realise he plays every instrument...

Yes!

Well, I'm currently nearing the part of the year famous for intense boredom and soul-death so I will give the Prince catalogue a listen when I run out of NEW and SHINY to keep me occupied.

Blink Me

Drank from 12pm, this lass I've been seeing insinuated that she was fucking another dude and I got mad, went to a sex dungeon, got a lift to the highstreet, passed out in a doorway of a shop, got found by my friends mum then I went to her home and fucked said friend and drank her vodka and passed out again and now I'm finally home

How was everyone else's Sunday night

Lad

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Well, I'm currently nearing the part of the year famous for intense boredom and soul-death so I will give the Prince catalogue a listen when I run out of NEW and SHINY to keep me occupied.

The three I like the most are

Dirty Mind - it's very new wave with lots of synth but it's also really catchy.

Around the world in a day - the Prince version of Sgt Pepper, without this album, no Beck (there's a song called Tambourine which is so Beck it's bonkers)

Sign O The Times- it takes a few listens but it's really, really, really one of the best albums ever made by a human.

That's the thing with all of his work though - he's a difficult and contrary bugger. He wont remaster any of his albums and every time he does anything successful he goes off in the other direction. I don't think any of his albums really get you until the fourth or fifth listen.

jdw_b

Hello there BritGAF

When is your birthday: 27 Jan
Where do you live: Lancaster
Where are you from: Runcorn
What do you do: Marketing
What is your quest: To cycle EVERYWHERE
Favourite actor/actress: Brad Pitt
Favourite band/artist: Radiohead
Favourite TV show: Red Dwarf
Favourite crisps: Steak McCoys
Favourite biscuit: Sainsburys Oat & Raisin things
Least favourite Pokémon: Pansage
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalactites
How do you cut your sandwiches: I don't, I like to awkwardly try and hold all the filling in. Floppy sandwich

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Drank from 12pm, this lass I've been seeing insinuated that she was fucking another dude and I got mad, went to a sex dungeon, got a lift to the highstreet, passed out in a doorway of a shop, got found by my friends mum then I went to her home and fucked said friend and drank her vodka and passed out again and now I'm finally home

How was everyone else's Sunday night

Jesus, man. Did you at least wear a condom?!

jimbor

Banned
Jedeye i think you're letting your prejudice against certain instruments/production styles cloud your judgment.

It's kind of like saying "this chef is crap because he uses chicken as an ingredient"

Chicken is the go to meat of the creatively and intellectually challenged.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Instruments I'm fine with but I def have a hard time getting into some old production styles. 80s snare sounds just kill my joy.

Hello there BritGAF

How do you cut your sandwiches: I don't, I like to awkwardly try and hold all the filling in. Floppy sandwich

Welcome! Sit down, make yourself at home, I'll pop the kettle on. Tea or coffee?

Anyone else want one?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Instruments I'm fine with but I def have a hard time getting into some old production styles. 80s snare sounds just kill my joy.

You're doing yourself a disservice :)

Tbh I do too. For some reason I don't mind with Prince. And to be honest, a lot of his records aren't that guilty of that horrible sound.

As you know, I just love grand follies and almost every one of his albums is a grand folly in one way or another "I'm going to better Sgt Peppers!" "I am going to release the most filthy album ever!" "I am going to be the next Fellini and here is the soundtrack!" "Oh look. I have no record label. Here is a quadruple album!"

Basically, PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE MANICS PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Jesus, man. Did you at least wear a condom?!
I guess you could say there was latex involved..lol

self loathing pretty hard right now, I can't believe I shagged the bird, I then told the girl I was seeing and she sounded angry
I don't care about Tash anymore because HE WON'T BLOODY CONFIRM WHAT IS HAPPENING ON WEDS

Well, assuming I have the good fortune to have money, I will pop up on the train to London Waterloo for around two o' clock GMT. Depending on where you are I will then journey towards you, although I must say if you aren't in central I will be wearing a burberry suit. Is nobody else about or is this a date?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Welcome! Sit down, make yourself at home, I'll pop the kettle on. Tea or coffee?

Anyone else want one?

Tea for me, please. Four sweeteners.

I guess you could say there was latex involved..lol

self loathing pretty hard right now, I can't believe I shagged the bird, I then told the girl I was seeing and she sounded angry

Well, assuming I have the good fortune to have money, I will pop up on the train to London Waterloo for around two o' clock GMT. Depending on where you are I will then journey towards you, although I must say if you aren't in central I will be wearing a burberry suit. Is nobody else about or is this a date?

All are welcome. I'm meeting Musha at 5.30ish.

I won't take you to a sex dungeon, but I might stretch to either a coffee or a bottled beer. Maybe. If you chip in.

Burberry suit, eh? I think Christopher Bailey is a genius.

NinjaBoiX

Tash, I love you. But not as much as I love Bill Withers.

Got a house sorted, aww yiss. Still need to send over references and stuff, but it seems like a done deal.

npPIo.gif

Hello there BritGAF

Welcome! I like your sandwich answer.

Also, I clicked your profile, you are from Lancaster. So am I originally. Bros and stuff.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You're doing yourself a disservice :)

Tbh I do too. For some reason I don't mind with Prince. And to be honest, a lot of his records aren't that guilty of that horrible sound.

As you know, I just love grand follies and almost every one of his albums is a grand folly in one way or another "I'm going to better Sgt Peppers!" "I am going to release the most filthy album ever!" "I am going to be the next Fellini and here is the soundtrack!" "Oh look. I have no record label. Here is a quadruple album!"

Basically, PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE MANICS PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE

Your enthusiasm is so infectious! I will give them a go, promise.

NinjaBoiX

Thanks guys, load off my mind. My bro doesn't mess about, he gets shit done. Excite rising!

Yeah, that gif is an all time favourite. Go Maisie go! Her feet just shuffle so cool. Then the way she swags it out at the end, what a ledge.

Watching last week's GoT, lol at the line about Ygritte's ginger minge. Mint.

Preston Quiche? Small world, I know (knew) it well.

Edit: nice one Mush, gotta have that work life balance.

Tea for me, please. Four sweeteners.

All are welcome. I'm meeting Musha at 5.30ish.

I won't take you to a sex dungeon, but I might stretch to either a coffee or a bottled beer. Maybe. If you chip in.

Burberry suit, eh? I think Christopher Bailey is a genius.

Four????? Blimey, ok!

Oh and I found out my new hours today, I actually finish at 5 yay!

Thanks guys, load off my mind. My bro doesn't mess about, he gets shit done. Excite rising!

Yeah, that gif is an all time favourite. Go Maisie go! Her feet just shuffle so cool. Then the way she swags it out at the end, what a ledge.

Watching last week's GoT, lol at the line about Ygritte's ginger minge. Mint.

That line made me think of this Tim Minchin song: "If you call us ginge you can't whinge if you're injured, if you don't have a tinge of the ginge in your minge". Amazing lyric.

Preston Quiche? Small world, I know (knew) it well.

Small world indeed!

BritGAF, is it actually possible to live in London without being a rich arab oil prince? all this shit is so fucking expensive.

(an a related note, might come to the meetup, starting new internship next week though and friday is the day we get drunk)

Lirlond

BritGAF, is it actually possible to live in London without being a rich arab oil prince? all this shit is so fucking expensive.

(an a related note, might come to the meetup, starting new internship next week though and friday is the day we get drunk)

Stay out of zones 1-5 and you might manage on a combined £40k+ salary

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yeah come out with us man! I owe you a beer for getting me into Emmy the Great.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I thought you were cool man. Girly feely folk music is the truth and the light.

China cool!

Surely I've recounted the tale of the gig we did supporting her, where she and her entourage stood with their fingers in their ears whilst we played? I think we cleared that room after the second song... XD

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
China cool!

Surely I've recounted the tale of the gig we did supporting her, where she and her entourage stood with their fingers in their ears whilst we played? I think we cleared that room after the second song... XD

Oh yes I remember now. Well, maybe they just had a headache??

The perils of being noisybastards, sometimes you will offend perfect gorgeous chanteuses and never have the chance to feel their soft skin on your lips :....(

NinjaBoiX

I just realised something, I'm meant to be going on a career break as far as work are concerned, even though it's just a safety net, I have no intention of going back. But my gaffer is going to get a phone call from the new landlord today, kind of gives the game away innit.

Oops!
I thought you were cool man. Girly feely folk music is the truth and the light.
Mocking other member's musical taste is fun. But it's of course more/less hilarious depending on how subjectively shit the mocker's taste is.

Some posters get a pass, some get a "dude, wut". I always lulz when someone goes "haha, guy who likes Paramore doesn't like "x" band." If only I didn't readily mock that myself this post wouldn't seem so utterly redundant...

SmokyDave

I feel obliged to post something, but I have nothing of value to add to the conversation whatsoever.

Here's a picture of a generic family having some quality time in their new conservatory:

CONSERVATORY.jpg

8bit

Knows the Score
I just realised something, I'm meant to be going on a career break as far as work are concerned, even though it's just a safety net, I have no intention of going back. But my gaffer is going to get a phone call from the new landlord today, kind of gives the game away innit.

Oops!

Haha, what you need is a time travelling bikini to sort this mistake out before you committed it!

BqUQgCjCIAAP5HB.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Mocking other member's musical taste is fun. But it's of course more/less hilarious depending on how subjectively shit the mocker's taste is.

Some posters get a pass, some get a "dude, wut". I always lulz when someone goes "haha, guy who likes Paramore doesn't like "x" band." If only I didn't readily mock that myself this post wouldn't seem so utterly redundant...

Unless they're Screaming Meat who in this case is just wrong and is letting his feelings cloud his judgment.

I feel obliged to post something, but I have nothing of value to add to the conversation whatsoever.

Here's a picture of a generic family having some quality time in their new conservatory:

CONSERVATORY.jpg

Check out Dave the family man. Are you getting a new Mondeo too?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Haha, what you need is a time travelling bikini to sort this mistake out before you committed it!

BqUQgCjCIAAP5HB.jpg

I fucking love these magazines. They're so creative in ways that men's mags never approach. It must be awesome to believe some of this shit, the world most feel so fantastical.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yes I remember now. Well, maybe they just had a headache??

The perils of being noisybastards, sometimes you will offend perfect gorgeous chanteuses and never have the chance to feel their soft skin on your lips :....(

That's our new band name right there, Jed. :)

I dunno, from my extremely limited interaction with her, she seemed a little bit snobby/uber-hip for my liking (and that's me saying that). A very London musician, you know the sort. Super talented though.

Unless they're Screaming Meat who in this case is just wrong and is letting his feelings cloud his judgment.

A little bit from Column A, a little bit from Column B.

SKINNER!

Banned

CONSERVATORY.jpg

lol, there's even a Vita in the picture (I think that's a vita anyway. Either that or a PSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom