• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
things I am thinking about today:

Just checked my bank, one week till payday, I have £200 more than I was expecting. The meet next week shall be epic :D

I've come to the conclusion that I thrive on schadenfreude, the bitter men around this morning are just too funny. Why, based on the evidence of the past, would you think that 'we' had a snowball's chance in hell of even getting to a semi final? Pigeons learn faster.

Had my emotions battered and bruised by music this morning, I'm far too raw first thing to be listening to music with any kind of emotional content. Bus sob (a happy one though, you know the kind of grin that spreads and then overflows via the eyes).

SmokyDave

things I am thinking about today:

Just checked my bank, one week till payday, I have £200 more than I was expecting. The meet next week shall be epic :D

I've come to the conclusion that I thrive on schadenfreude, the bitter men around this morning are just too funny. Why, based on the evidence of the past, would you think that 'we' had a snowball's chance in hell of even getting to a semi final? Pigeons learn faster.

Had my emotions battered and bruised by music this morning, I'm far too raw first thing to be listening to music with any kind of emotional content. Bus sob (a happy one though, you know the kind of grin that spreads and then overflows via the eyes).
I have spoken to dudes this morning that are genuinely sulking. I'm fucking astonished. I'm now convinced that football fans live in some sort of weird bubble where our national team isn't shit and hasn't been shit for the last thirty years.

I need a smoke.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm surprised there was any expectation to beat teams that are used to playing in the heat and that are ranking consistently higher than England. Looks like they need to beat a team that's only slightly worse than Scotland by 15 goals now to qualify.

Anyway, Switzerland vs. France tonight! Kind of interested in that one to see how the locals on both sides of the border react.

For a britGAF thread theres not many football fans.

You probably want the football thread for that, it's a bit too fast moving and in jokey though.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
For a britGAF thread theres not many football fans.

Because football is shit and for mugs.

I have spoken to dudes this morning that are genuinely sulking. I'm fucking astonished. I'm now convinced that football fans live in some sort of weird bubble where our national team isn't shit and hasn't been shit for the last thirty years.

I need a smoke.

I realised last night that the 30 years of hurt in the song is now closer to 50. LOL

NinjaBoiX

Football fans who walk around in a stinking mood the following day because their team lost need to sort their life out.

It's akin to getting a lip on because your favourite character died in a TV show.

Give your head a shake.

SteveWD40

I am glad England crashed and burned, means the 75% of people pretending to care can stop pretending and those of us who are not obsessed with some guys kicking a ball can come out of hiding.

Ninj, where is your house at?

Oh well. I have other teams to support. No one expects England to win when they support them, they just like to see them do their best. We're not technically out of the World Cup yet but us staying is dependant on other teams beating certain teams. If we go out it'll be the first time in several decades England couldn't even get through the group stages of a World Cup. That would upset me more than the treachery I am reading in this thread.

It's gonna be a loooong day

Switzerland vs France could be good though. I'll be jumping up and down on the sofa chanting "NAZI GOOOOOOOOLD!" over and over.

Mikeside

I am glad England crashed and burned, means the 75% of people pretending to care can stop pretending and those of us who are not obsessed with some guys kicking a ball can come out of hiding.

Ninj, where is your house at?

Let's be honest here, the people who don't care about football are never exactly 'in hiding'.

People loudly moaning "they're so overpaid", "it's all anyone talks about", "ughhhh world cup time, all I'm going to hear about now is football for months" are just as annoying as the super-enthusiastic footybrains.

Not that I don't loudly complain from time-to-time.

SmokyDave

Y'know, I'd be a lot better disposed towards football if teams were only allowed to draft players from their local area. If you're called Nottingham Forest, recruit your players from Nottingham. Rather than spending eighty billion quid on the latest foreign wonder kid, build some sporting facilities and support your local community.

Who knows, we might even end up with a better national team for it.

Unlucky EngGAF hehe

It's still possible for us to get through.

If the planets align or something ;_;

Football fans who walk around in a stinking mood the following day because their team lost need to sort their life out.

It's akin to getting a lip on because your favourite character died in a TV show.

Give your head a shake.

Do you remember "FREE DIEDRE", back in the 90s? That was amazing. I remember seeing someone with a sign at a bus stop.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Y'know, I'd be a lot better disposed towards football if teams were only allowed to draft players from their local area. If you're called Nottingham Forest, recruit your players from Nottingham. Rather than spending eighty billion quid on the latest foreign wonder kid, build some sporting facilities and support your local community.

Who knows, we might even end up with a better national team for it.

Stop talking sense, there is no space for it in a game where people get paid the entire value of my house weekly.

NinjaBoiX

Meat, they came at the king, but they didn't miss.

:(
good thing no-one in here has never seen The Wire
post-30325-clay-Davis-cigar-gif-The-Wire-3Eja.gif

Edit: Also, The Wire is like 10 years old Coldman, you can't whinge about spoilers at this point.

8bit

Knows the Score
I haven't seen The Wire, only ever had a subscription to the magazine a few years ago. However, given that I'm mostly intolerant of the moving image I don't anticipate seeing it any time soon.

spoiler_alert_red_rubber_stamp_effect_pendants-re698d5f9d1e84830a73bf755be7a92dc_fkoei_8byvr_152.jpg

Oh, I don't know...

Proof reading is fun.

(I normally couldn't give a fuck, it's lame picking up spelling/grammar errors, but if someone is being pedantic then so will I innit.)

Edit: true daps, the minging has increased since Coldman came back.

Bah I suck, I have no idea how I manage basic errors like that.

SmokyDave

I just found every episode of Commodore Format in PDF on my hard drive. Of my work machine. That's hot.

D-

Double Negative

See me after class
It's technically correct, so I'll let it pass.

There are triple negatives in Russian. I couldn't not never get my head around that.

Bah I suck, I have no idea how I manage basic errors like that.
Don't take shit from this lot, fight back. Comb everyone's post history for minor spelling errors.

SteveWD40

Word of the Day: Betwattled.

Describes a man that is thoroughly cunt-struck.

They're a few hundred MB. I'll set up a Dropbox or something once I figure out how to do that.

Don't put yourself out mate, I just crave retro magazine (especially gaming stuff). I would love to get full digital version of old Amiga / Speccy stuff.

I heard Wire talk I've arrived hello

Edit: Also, The Wire is like 10 years old Coldman, you can't whinge about spoilers at this point.

Eh, I dunno, that's kind of bullshit. It's not like people have infinite free time to watch things, and even if they did they might not have found out about something until quite recently. I mean, obviously they then shouldn't go into threads or blogs about that thing if they haven't seen it yet, but going into a random thread to have something either not spoiler tagged or really badly spoiler tagged is different.
Doing this
<- not a spoiler has barely any impact on a person, but having something spoiled has the potential to negatively impact someone's first experience of something.

That said, I had pretty much every major death in The Wire spoiled for me (mostly my own fault), and it was still the best thing ever. So whatever yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom