• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

You did that on purpose right?

Well my first week at work is going well, I'm already impressing my bosses and kicking ass. Pub lunch today as well to get to know everyone better. Winning!
Of course, my command of the English language is largely infallible. I can't take credit for the second part though. ;)

Glad the job is going well, keep on keepin' on Soturi!
My "interview" for this job was done over a couple of pints in the pub near the office. My promotion was made official in the same way.

:D
Boss: "So who's round is it?"

Steve: "It's mine I think."

Boss: "When can you start?"

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You did that on purpose right?

Well my first week at work is going well, I'm already impressing my bosses and kicking ass. Pub lunch today as well to get to know everyone better. Winning!

Good stuff! Keep it up OR ELSE.

--

So I finished Entwined. Its pleasant.

Not at work today. Grandiose!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Alright. I'm at home doing housework and chores. Please observe:

Richey Edwards was hot. (It's 1992 again and I'm 11!)

27club672a10.jpg

2f2f2632ff2aa4e2ec94658f626f0141.jpg

And it looks like Warners have shut down all Prince videos on Youtube. So I can't share anything decent. Grumble. Post pictures of attractive men, please! If you want to.

NinjaBoiX

Idris Elba is a handsome fucker like, cooler than a polar bear's toenails too.

Just noticed vcassano's Jameela Jamil avatar too, noice. I approve, she's such a fox.

Man, I bloody love pub lunches. We just went out for a giant pub lunch, the whole company (about 25 of us), because it was 3 of our birthday's this week and we have 3 new people. So we went out, had tasty food, a bunch of beer and now we're at work with the office communal spotify playlist on. Ahhhhhhh summmeeerrrrr.

Edit: I posted this without seeing Musha's post above. Shit, you don't work with me now do you?!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So pretty people huh?

Melissa Clarke
PoyddeJ.jpg

Radeo Suicide
SEsVf54.jpg

B Traits (Brianna Price)
W59gMZK.jpg

I'm not all about the redheads you know, I'm a deep and complex individual.

Haha, that's what I was going for! Perfect gif response.

You still have a definite type! Have you ever been to the Suicide Girls website?

NinjaBoiX

You still have a definite type! Have you ever been to the Suicide Girls website?
Yeah, cute quirky girls are my type, Mos Def. Radeo is apparently a massive robot nerd. I have no idea why I know this! I think Plywood may have imparted this pearl of wisdom at some point, he used to have her as an avatar.

Never been to the site though. Maybe I'll check it out.
09-short-hair-keiraknightley-lg.jpg

This is my type, could do with a tiny bit more meat on her.
She's a beautiful lady no doubt, but she has no figure. She just goes straight down, not enough curves. She also has a really strong jawline, it's a little masculine.

But yeah, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting.

The_Poet

Banned
Yeah, cute quirky girls are my type, Mos Def. Radeo is apparently a massive robot nerd. I have no idea why I know this! I think Plywood may have imparted this pearl of wisdom at some point, he used to have her as an avatar.

Never been to the site though. Maybe I'll check it out.

She's a beautiful lady no doubt, but she has no figure. She just goes straight down, not enough curves. She also has a really strong jawline, it's a little masculine.

But yeah, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting.

Yeah, hence the meat request.

On another note, I should stop googling Kiera Knightly at work.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Football fans who walk around in a stinking mood the following day because their team lost need to sort their life out.

It's akin to getting a lip on because your favourite character died in a TV show.

Give your head a shake.

I would agree with you wholeheartedly except I have this adolescent emotional attachment to the Welsh Rugby team that won't go away.

I just found every episode of Commodore Format in PDF on my hard drive. Of my work machine. That's hot.

Me! Me!

There are triple negatives in Russian. I couldn't not never get my head around that.

Way back in the day when I was first doing computers there was a bit of a format war. All manner of shit between Honeywell, Bull, IBM etc etc but at least it was all basically binary. The Russians had a trinary system (yes/no/don't care) which kind of sums up their national philosophy and was no threat at all to the West.

I never did understand how it worked.

They're a few hundred MB. I'll set up a Dropbox or something once I figure out how to do that.

Just let me know where it is Dave.

My "interview" for this job was done over a couple of pints in the pub near the office. My promotion was made official in the same way.

:D

Back in the day when I did interviews I would always, well nearly always - if the applicant wasn't an immediately obvious wanker - have the rest of the team take them down the pub and get feedback afterwards. I never went myself. Amazing what feedback you get when people think the boss is not around.

jimbor

Banned
Y'know, I'd be a lot better disposed towards football if teams were only allowed to draft players from their local area. If you're called Nottingham Forest, recruit your players from Nottingham. Rather than spending eighty billion quid on the latest foreign wonder kid, build some sporting facilities and support your local community.

Who knows, we might even end up with a better national team for it.

The FA bought in a rule many years ago that decreed young players had to be drafted from within a 90 minute drive of the teams football ground. As a result, the England team has got worse as clubs now go abroad to poach young talent. The Man U kids era will never be repeated.

This is my truth and Lifeblood.

Oof! You burned me.

Yuck to both of those Manics albums. In my world they split when Richey went missing.

8bit

Knows the Score
Hey 8bit, I think we should get a referendum topic up for around August time, it's a fairly important event after all

Yeah, nearer the time is probably sensible. The recent ones have been kind of terrible.

Manic Street Preachers Anecdote! (manicdote?)

I used to call in to radio competitions often, I have an fairly large music trivia knowledge and can name that tune in one most of the time. Anyway, one time I won a box of CDs! Most of them I didn't want so sold them and made a reasonable amount of money. I would have made more if I had kept the signed copy of generation terrorists or whatever their debut was as it was signed by the band and richey disappeared a week later.

4982800385-download-Orthodox-Church-criticises-Eurovision-winner-jzI.jpg

Am I doing it right? I'm confused
In more then 1 way

Naught wrong with that.

I used to call in to radio competitions often, I have an fairly large music trivia knowledge and can name that tune in one most of the time. Anyway, one time I won a box of CDs! Most of them I didn't want so sold them and made a reasonable amount of money. I would have made more if I had kept the signed copy of generation terrorists or whatever their debut was as it was signed by the band and richey disappeared a week later.

From my experience, radio competitions tend to not get that many entries so it's worth entering the ones that don't have much fuss to them. Not Who's On Heart, mind. Fuck that for a chocolate biscuit.

NinjaBoiX

Not at work today. Grandiose!
I forgot to mention how much I like the use of grandiose here sploat, added to the pile with mint, primo, choice, quality and all the other annoying sayings I can't help but spout ten times a day.
Melissa Clarke ma brada! I swear we did this recently.

Kari Byron, Gwen Stefani, Rosie Jones, Melissa Clarke, I could keep going.
Aww yeah boi, Rosie is so fine and Gwen is too cool for school. Obviously Kari also blends my smoothie. Choice chief.

pJA1Lzy.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
Ugh she's the best. I have a friend who is a bit like her but she moved north for grad school.

Was browsing random links on youtube (house) the girl int he picture is pretty darn cute.
tumblr_m9rcx9NHNo1qzfyxjo1_500.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yuck to both of those Manics albums. In my world they split when Richey went missing.

I knew that's what you'd say! That's what everyone says...

The Holy Bible is amazing, but This Is My Truth is one of the best depression albums ever. It's just like an hour of luxury wallow.

I forgot to mention how much I like the use of grandiose here sploat, added to the pile with mint, primo, choice, quality and all the other annoying sayings I can't help but spout ten times a day.

I use it at work all the time. I think the juniors think I'm mad.

One of these days I'm gonna go out at the weekend. My brain feels ready for it again now. Getting a little bit tired of these weekends in, although we are having a barbeque on the balcony tomorrow and even - gasp - a few drinks.

jimbor

Banned

The Holy Bible is amazing, but This Is My Truth is one of the best depression albums ever. It's just like an hour of luxury wallow.

One of these days I'm gonna go out at the weekend. My brain feels ready for it again now. Getting a little bit tired of these weekends in, although we are having a barbeque on the balcony tomorrow and even - gasp - a few drinks.

Being honest, I wasn't too struck on the first couple of albums either. Some good tracks but Holy Bible was pure amaze.

Rich!

I got a promotion at work, I'm now a QA supervisor. So basically, I just sit around and score people's calls all day. It's awesome. Standard mon-fri 9-5 job.

I'm still on the same pay though...so I'm applying for a weekend job at HMV tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get it as 1. I used to run a Blockbuster and 2. I went to school and am good mates with the assistant manager.

soooo...whats working at HMV like? worth it for an extra £350 a month? if it sucks, I can always leave.

Mikeside

Sounds to me like you're all psyched up to come to the meet

NinjaBoiX

See the thing is Acrid, I love Zappas hooks, he's an incredible musician. I just tend not to like where he goes after the intro, it's like he has the great little refrain, then goes off on a crazy tangent noodling away. That's why I suggested you'd probably heard the best of Willie The Pimp after a few seconds for me. I really enjoyed the opening 30 seconds of so off both the tracks you posted, but I lose interest fairly quickly. I know he's highly respected and massively talented, I just don't dig his offbeat, improvised style.

He's pretty funny though, I'll give him that. Who calls their daughter Moon Unit? What a joker.

Also, there is a great little indie music shop in Sunderland called Hot Rats. And on the subject of lush intros:

Pavement - Blue Hawaiian
Such a smooth groovy jam.

jimbor

Banned
See the thing is Acrid, I love Zappas hooks, he's an incredible musician. I just tend not to like where he goes after the intro, it's like he has the great little refrain, then goes off on a crazy tangent noodling away. That's why I suggested you'd probably heard the best of Willie The Pimp after a few seconds for me. I really enjoyed the opening 30 seconds of so off both the tracks you posted, but I lose interest fairly quickly. I know he's highly respected and massively talented, I just don't dig his offbeat, improvised style.

He's pretty funny though, I'll give him that. Who calls their daughter Moon Unit? What a joker.

Also, there is a great little indie music shop in Sunderland called Hot Rats. And on the subject of lush intros:

Pavement - Blue Hawaiian
Such a smooth groovy jam.

I think I'm overdue a Pavement phase again. Poor Maria is getting sick of The Beatles. She asked me how long my Beatles phase would last and seemed less than pleased when I answered over twenty years so far.

Listening to Grounded as I type.

Edit: and now Fillmore Jive

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Working at HMV is just like any other retail; quality varies from store to store and majorly depends on the people you're working with. FWIW I worked there for two years and really enjoyed it, liked all of the people I worked with and loved having people come up and ask for recommendations on various albums etc.

One bit of warning: I did end up putting at least 25% of my check back into the store considering I would find cool shit that I would hold back for myself and end up with a stack of CDs/DVDs to buy at the end of the month. Employee discount and access to early stock is super tempting.

Dammit, I nearly got a page of hunky men for once and Ninja had to go and spoil it by posting loads of girls. Humph.

You forgot lush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom