• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

If dubstep isn't the main style of music in Far Cry 4 I will fuck shit up.

if there isn't a story mission in farcry 4 where you ride an elephant into a base while some shitty skrillex track is playing then someone has failed in their job and no longer deserves to work in the gaming industry.

if there isn't a story mission in farcry 4 where you ride an elephant into a base while some shitty skrillex track is playing then someone has failed in their job and no longer deserves to work in the gaming industry.

That whilst packing the elephant with C4 to use it as a bomb when it dies from excessive brap brap brap.

The protagonist better be a white male dudebroer too. Can't have indigenous populations solving problems themselves now.

Rich!

Just spent near an hour trying to get my 3DS XL to work until I realized I was trying to turn it on with the WiFi switch

SKINNER!

Banned
When UK is cold: "Can't deal with this shit"
When UK is hot: "Can't deal with this shit"

Living in the UK = The inability to deal with shit.

NinjaBoiX

I'd rather be too cold than too hot. It's easier to wrap up than to cool down.

Plus I get to wear one of my many snazzy overgarments.

Fly as a fucking falcon.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I prefer the winter. At least it stays cold. Summer in Britain fluctuates too much and that's what affects me.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So sleepy. Lots of great information is coming...

- E was super bad this morning. She kept on waking me up to help with injections, getting dressed, making breakfast. I am now groggy as a result (but glad she's up and at work)

-I really love our fish. They are part of the family, even though we are only babysitting.

-I had some alcohol this weekend without getting naked, running through the streets and shouting abuse at people. Yay!

-Barbecues are yum.

-I think I am overusing, commas.

-Work are allowing me to set up a home office so I can work from home when E is bad and/or I'm grogged out.

-Drawn and Quarterly showcase 5 is on its way to my work. Top of the score!

Oh and in relation to the conversation - I hate summer. I think I have reverse SAD. All the worst periods of my life gave been in the summer.

Milchjon

Why is it that no matter what genre of music you're checking out, you're gonna run into Zane Lowe? Is he like an expert on everything?

Do Brits like him?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So sleepy. Lots of great information is coming...
-I had some alcohol this weekend without getting naked, running through the streets and shouting abuse at people. Yay!

boooo! Depriving manchester of much needed levity and texture.

-Barbecues are yum.

Agreed, everything tastes better when it's charred

-I think I am overusing, commas.

I do this ALL THE TIME. Often have to go back through what I wrote and delete multiple instances of them. But then I also find that sentences can be too staccato or run-on depending on what I've done.

-Work are allowing me to set up a home office so I can work from home when E is bad and/or I'm grogged out.

I'm angling for the same, only for summer because it's so boring in the office. Working from home = getting a suntan for the first time in summer ever

SKINNER!

Banned
Why is it that no matter what genre of music you're checking out, you're gonna run into Zane Lowe? Is he like an expert on everything?

LRz2r.gif

He just a dick rider man.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
boooo! Depriving manchester of much needed levity and texture.

Agreed, everything tastes better when it's charred

I do this ALL THE TIME. Often have to go back through what I wrote and delete multiple instances of them. But then I also find that sentences can be too staccato or run-on depending on what I've done.

I'm angling for the same, only for summer because it's so boring in the office. Working from home = getting a suntan for the first time in summer ever

Trust me, my nudity would be less levity and more unrelenting Hieryonymous (sp) Bosch style horror.

Commas are just too easy, that's the problem. You can comma everywhere, can't you? I mean, why, if you know what I mean, not add a comma here, there, and everywhere, I mean, what, I repeat what, is to stop you, apart from maybe going a bit, you know, crazy.

The apostrophe and semi colon will always be my favourite punctuators though.

Do Brits like him?

He's OK. He doesn't annoy me but he is a bit sycophantic (although I think this is less by design and more because he's such a fan of everything).

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The apostrophe and semi colon will always be my favourite punctuators though.

“Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.”

- Kurt Vonnegut

He's OK. He doesn't annoy me but he is a bit sycophantic (although I think this is less by design and more because he's such a fan of everything).

I'm not his biggest fan, but he gets a free pass because he champions new music on his shows. He's no John Peel, of course.

Do Brits like him?

He gets to do a lot of stuff for the BBC because he's enthusiastic and he knows his stuff. So as the BBC adds Radio 1 to iplayer, hes going to be fronting more documentaries/interviews.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I use semi colons even though I'm sure I'm using them wrong most of the time. They're great because most people don't know how they work so you never get called out for it.

Slowdive

Banned

Do Brits like him?

He's okay I suppose, I only listen to Radio 1 at work. The best BBC DJ right now is Lauren Laverne I think.

Yeah that sounds about right. I'm guilty of it myself as well. I'd say I prefer the heat though.

For me it's this:

If you have anything to do, especially work, then British summers can be frustrating since most of us aren't used to heat, but mainly thanks to the humidity which causes everything to sweat profusely. When your armpits are gushing like Cytherea that's just nasty.

However if you don't have anything to do that day, summer is fucking bliss. Today is for me that day, especially after going the gym, which makes me feel like I've accomplished something for the day.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I feel like I should listen to 6 Music more but whenever I do it's some flaccid cocked indie band mumbling through another song. They could do with about 27% more bite to their audio selection.

6 Music is the best station on the radio, and Lauren's show is def one of my favorites.

Yes. It has just the right balance of playlisted songs and less well known songs. The only DJ i cant stand on 6music is the one before Lauren (he does unfunny 'comedy' voices all the bloody time)

NinjaBoiX

I feel like I should listen to 6 Music more but whenever I do it's some flaccid cocked indie band mumbling through another song. They could do with about 27% more bite to their audio selection.
Dude, what? Sounds like you're describing Radio 1 to me. 6 Music is amaze, turned me on to so many new bands. It's the best music station, no doubt.

Lauren Laverne, Radcliffe and Maconie, Mary Ann Hobbs, so many great shows. Shaun Keaveny's show is funny as fuck too.
Yes. It has just the right balance of playlisted songs and less well known songs. The only DJ i cant stand on 6music is the one before Lauren (he does unfunny 'comedy' voices all the bloody time)
Aww fuck, I think that's Shaun. I think he's mint!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Yeah, it can sometimes fail as an alarm when all that they are emitting is a mumbling drone. But I don't listen for the music, I listen to it for Shaun Keaveny.

Slowdive

Banned
XFM used to be OK, filled with teenage angst now.

Never heard it live but I've got all the XFM shows (that are avaliable anyway) of The Ricky Gervais show and they're some of the funniest things I've ever heard. Miles better than the podcasts which I also love.

Do Brits like him?

I think he's hot

Gawdammit, you never go full colon!

never go full colon

One of my fave comedies ever

This is exactly why I don't listen to 6music. Just seems like Hipster central to me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'll tweet Radio 6 tomorrow for Shaun's earworm segment about one the songs that is stuck in my head from playing this rhythm game too much. It won't be so hipster then! (well it will be since they won't pick my song).

Reknoc

I'll tweet Radio 6 tomorrow for Shaun's earworm segment about one the songs that is stuck in my head from playing this rhythm game too much. It won't be so hipster then! (well it will be since they won't pick my song).

μ's will never get the recognition they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom