• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Where is the best place to drown hipsters?

In the mainstream.

N1dl11w.jpg

Rich!

just had my hmv interview

it was literally: "well, I can see you used to run a store like this so you obviously know what to do, lets talk about nintendo"

good stuff

NinjaBoiX

Yeah but you have Scuzz and Kerrang for your tastes. In theory I should love bbc6 but I always feel it's a little soft. I think it's just that I have unfashionable taste right now.
It's really not mate. Listen to Mary Ann Hobbs, she rocks the house and stuff.
If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, will a hipster already have the soundtrack on vinyl?
Why do hipsters only use microwaves?

They don't like conventional ovens.

(For the record I think "hipster" is the lamest term. It's basically: "person I have an irrational dislike for because they're cooler than me.")

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
"Man it's really hot this summer, I feel like I can't handle it"

"IS IT BECAUSE YOU'RE FAT???"

Jeez Jed, projecting much?

The_Poet

Banned
Never heard it live but I've got all the XFM shows (that are avaliable anyway) of The Ricky Gervais show and they're some of the funniest things I've ever heard. Miles better than the podcasts which I also love.

Yes Ricky Gervais show was the best and the Russel brand show, but its like 7-8 years old now, XFM has never been the same.

It's annoying sometimes because of how cold most buildings are, so you go from two extremes and it can be jarring.

Also congrats, rich. Sounds like you already have some chill coworkers.

As much as I'd love aircon to be installed everywhere I would actually feel guilt about the collective environmental impact! It's a wonderful feeling though heading into somewhere to feel the cool embrace of the aircon all around!

Congratulations Rich! Do you start the job soon?

Son Of D

For me it's this:

If you have anything to do, especially work, then British summers can be frustrating since most of us aren't used to heat, but mainly thanks to the humidity which causes everything to sweat profusely. When your armpits are gushing like Cytherea that's just nasty.

However if you don't have anything to do that day, summer is fucking bliss. Today is for me that day, especially after going the gym, which makes me feel like I've accomplished something for the day.

Sounds like me last year. The air conditioning broke during the summer and the management at Blockbuster took so long to send someone to fix it that the summer was close to over.

This year it's been fine since I haven't had to worry about trekking that far to do anything except for a few rare occasions.

Sounds like me last year. The air conditioning broke during the summer and the management at Blockbuster took so long to send someone to fix it that the summer was close to over.

This year it's been fine since I haven't had to worry about trekking that far to do anything except for a few rare occasions.

The store I work at has the exact same issue, the aircon has been broken ever since I started there last year. Seems no one cares enough to send someone out to fix it. Not long until I leave though!

Son Of D

The store I work at has the exact same issue, the aircon has been broken ever since I started there last year. Seems no one cares enough to send someone out to fix it. Not long until I leave though!

Just makes work a drag and horrible to work at with the humidity like that.

You're one of them Off Topic Fanboys, ain't cha?

Says the Meat fanboy. (What is your avatar by the way?)

NinjaBoiX

So my ex decided to add me on FB tonight and we start messaging back and forth. It doesn't take long before she drops the "so I'm single now, are you seeing anyone?" bomb. Nice one Sammy, you ask me this mere days before I leave town? Primo timing ladyfriend, truly exceptional.

Anyway, she does the whole outpouring of feels thing and we're going to go out on Friday night, the day before I move. Well that's just excellent! You couldn't have told me this months ago? Wimmin mane.

And she's still totes adorbs:

qBxfPx6.png

And she's just dyed her hair a lush shade of dark red:

8r3Tatd.jpg

Still, there could be worse ways to see Sunderland off!

So my ex decided to add me on FB tonight and we start messaging back and forth. It doesn't take long before she drops the "so I'm single now, are you seeing anyone?" bomb. Nice one Sammy, you ask me this mere days before I leave town? Primo timing ladyfriend, truly exceptional.

Anyway, she does the whole outpouring of feels thing and we're going to go out on Friday night, the day before I move. Well that's just excellent! You couldn't have told me this months ago? Wimmin mane.

And she's still totes adorbs:

qBxfPx6.png

And she's just dyed her hair a lush shade of dark red:

8r3Tatd.jpg

Still, there could be worse ways to see Sunderland off!

If things ended reasonably well, that just sounds like torture. "Here's what you could have had if you weren't moving away!"

NinjaBoiX

CHEEZMO™;117917663 said:
go to gay sex dungeons with randoms, brehs
Nah breh, I'll end up gonadaereoa.
If things ended reasonably well, that just sounds like torture. "Here's what you could have had if you weren't moving away!"
Meh, she'll only be two hours away on the train. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, it was kind of a tumultuous relationship to say the least! I hope she's chilled a bit, as hot as crazy lady sex can be.

Nah breh, I'll end up gonadaereoa.

Meh, she'll only be two hours away on the train. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, it was kind of a tumultuous relationship to say the least! I hope she's chilled a bit, as hot as crazy lady sex can be.

Fair enough. It just sounded like from your first post that it was a 'love of your life' type relationship? Was it not quite those stakes?

Still, if you're just going with the intention of potentially getting some at the weekend then fair play!

NinjaBoiX

Fair enough. It just sounded like from your first post that it was a 'love of your life' type relationship? Was it not quite those stakes?

Still, if you're just going with the intention of potentially getting some at the weekend then fair play!
Oh god no, this was just a girl I was seeing years ago. I guess I should've said "an ex", it was nothing major, just a couple of months of on and off fun and casual sex. The girl I cheated on with Sammy kind of was though, that's why she was a bit cray. I was still totally hung up on her, she knew and didn't like it. As you'd expect!

Anyway, probably getting a bit TMI now. We're going to go out and have a laugh, see what happens innit.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
just had my hmv interview

it was literally: "well, I can see you used to run a store like this so you obviously know what to do, lets talk about nintendo"

good stuff

I used to be an LPO at an HMV store. I miss that job. Well, I miss the camaraderie and being able to talk about music and video games all day... I do not miss the chavs that ran in and took WHOLE SHELVES off the walls... or the ones who tired to physically assault me on my way home because I caught them nicking stuff three hours earlier... or the ones who circled the car park outside on their bikes screaming "LONG HAIR!" at me like some budget medieval take on Mad Max villains... or the guys who had knives and razors to cut off the security tags and who had no problem waving them in your face when cornered...

Good times.

The_Poet

Banned
I used to be an LPO at an HMV store. I miss that job. Well, I miss the camaraderie and being able to talk about music and video games all day... I do not miss the chavs that ran in and took WHOLE SHELVES off the walls... or the ones who tired to physically assault me on my way home because I caught them nicking stuff three hours earlier... or the ones who circled the car park outside on their bikes screaming "LONG HAIR!" at me like some budget medieval take on Mad Max villains... or the guys who had knives and razors to cut off the security tags and who had no problem waving them in your face when cornered...

Good times.

Ah man, they had a bike gang? Those guys seem fuckin' rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom