• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
i'm up way too early. got a day full of music writing for a few games whilst waiting for me game o' thrones books to arrive. what have you guys got in store?

Stop. Elaborate. I'll listen.

Vanilla-Ice_620_1636120a.jpg

Mikeside

I don't suppose anyone in here listens the the Absolute Radio breakfast show?

I did until I heard this mad Welsh bint on it this morning harping on about Star Wars.

I'm done with that crappy show and it's low bar for phone guests.

just kidding, I usually do, but I missed it this morning

NinjaBoiX

i'm up way too early. got a day full of music writing for a few games whilst waiting for me game o' thrones books to arrive. what have you guys got in store?
Last day at work (yiss), out with that bird tonight, then packing and goodbye drinks tomorrow, then moving down to Manchester Saturday innit.

Much excite, butterflies won't quit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I didn't hear Mush on the radio this morning, but I can imagine it with crystal clarity. Ladybro knows her nerd shit fo sho. I can even hear the tone of voice, 50% excited, 50% know-it-all, it's charming :)

8bit

Knows the Score
Have used up all of GAF already. *sigh*

Well, sounds like the Jimmy Savile report is going to be a right riveting read :

"Jimmy Savile boasted of stealing glass eyes from the dead and having them made into jewellery, report reveals."

"The prolific paedophile also claimed he would often 'muck about' in the mortuary of Leeds General Infirmary at night. #Savile"

"He told a Broadmoor nurse that he sexually defiled the bodies and posed dead men and women togther before taking photographs. #Savile"

https://twitter.com/CrimeReporter_

https://www.gov.uk/government/colle...nt-of-health-investigations-into-jimmy-savile

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Purple Rain Purple Raaaaaiin

Have you heard Darling Nikki from that album?

Prince meets a girl in a hotel lobby who is masturbating with a magazine. She offers to take him to her sex dungeon if he signs some form of waiver. He does and she then possibly does him up the bum. He is happy with this turn of events and would like it to happen again.

There's so many more like this. Like the time Prince explains that his sexuality is the result of having regular sex with his sister. Or the time he stops a bride on the way to a wedding and gives her cunnilingus under her wedding dress. Seriously. Before he went even crazier and decided to be an even more mysterious recluse it was basically just sex, dancing and peace. Over and over again.

He also needed a hip replacement from dancing in heels too much.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, sounds like the Jimmy Savile report is going to be a right riveting read :

"Jimmy Savile boasted of stealing glass eyes from the dead and having them made into jewellery, report reveals."

"The prolific paedophile also claimed he would often 'muck about' in the mortuary of Leeds General Infirmary at night. #Savile"

"He told a Broadmoor nurse that he sexually defiled the bodies and posed dead men and women togther before taking photographs. #Savile"

https://twitter.com/CrimeReporter_

https://www.gov.uk/government/colle...nt-of-health-investigations-into-jimmy-savile

WOW, it's almost cartoonish it's so fucked up. On the one hand, this is obviously terrible and the mind boggles when you try to understand how this could continuously go on. On the other, the tone of the Daily Mail article I just read seems positively turgid with excitement, going into all the gory details with a glee usually reserved for necrophiliac erotica. Spunking all over themselves in horror, ghouls.

The Daily Mail's website is disgusting to me. Both fascinated and horrified by sex to an absurd level. Every woman is at risk of a wardrobe malfunction, criticised for her dress or patronised because of it. It's a fucking cancer.

8bit

Knows the Score
WOW, it's almost cartoonish it's so fucked up. On the one hand, this is obviously terrible and the mind boggles when you try to understand how this could continuously go on. On the other, the tone of the Daily Mail article I just read seems positively turgid with excitement, going into all the gory details with a glee usually reserved for necrophiliac erotica. Spunking all over themselves in horror, ghouls.

The Daily Mail's website is disgusting to me. Both fascinated and horrified by sex to an absurd level. Every woman is at risk of a wardrobe malfunction, criticised for her dress or patronised because of it. It's a fucking cancer.

I get angry with the wife when I see her reading the Daily Mail website, especially after foodbank nonsense recently.

As to Savile, it's not as if no-one knew. He was a massive deviant with friends in high places who could manipulate pretty much anyone.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The man knew how to live.

He did. Those parties at Paisley Park sound like they do were just mental. I love how he was basically a child prodigy with extreme social and sexual anxiety issues and created his own world. Obviously, he then retreated into it and decided he was now a symbol etc but Prince >>> MJ all day long.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I get angry with the wife when I see her reading the Daily Mail website, especially after foodbank nonsense recently.

As to Savile, it's not as if no-one knew. He was a massive deviant with friends in high places who could manipulate pretty much anyone.

Yeah my wife does the same, complains about sexism in the media, then reads Daily Mail patriarchal wank for an hour. What a waste of time, she could be making dinner.

I think if nothing else, Saville is going to make working in hospitals and with vulnerable people even more obsessed with safeguarding measures than they currently are which will probably be a logistical nightmare and yet probably not stop anyone being abused.

The_Poet

Banned
He did. Those parties at Paisley Park sound like they do were just mental. I love how he was basically a child prodigy with extreme social and sexual anxiety issues and created his own world. Obviously, he then retreated into it and decided he was now a symbol etc but Prince >>> MJ all day long.

Woah woah, I love Prince as much as the next guy (or apparently not) but MJ trumps him.

My goal is to one day 'do a Prince' and surround myself with like minded deviants and live out the rest of our days on a pacific island somewhere.
Whos with me?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Nah that's MJ.

Prince >>>> MJ because Prince didn't fuck any kids.

This. Did you see the Bashir interview where he's holding hands with that 14 year old boy? They're sat on the sofa together and the boy puts his head on mj's shoulder. It's pretty creepy tbh. Looks relationship -y not family - y.

Woah woah, I love Prince as much as the next guy (or apparently not) but MJ trumps him.

My goal is to one day 'do a Prince' and surround myself with like minded deviants and live out the rest of our days on a pacific island somewhere.
Whos with me?

NEIN. To the first one, just no no no.

Alphabet St, Raspberry Beret, When You Were Mine, 1999, Sign O The Times, My Name is Prince, Controversy, Paisley Park, Kiss, When Doves Cry, Let's Go Crazy, Black Sweat, U Got The Look.... Prince's pop songs are better than MJs. And he pretty much wrote, produced and performed all of them entirely himself.

I could go on, but Prince's pop moments have some Beatles-level genius going on.

MJ has his moments, but as soon as you dig a bit deeper, he's really more of a dancer /video star than anything else. He has teams and teams of writers and producers working for him. And you know that any meaning in the songs is unintentional, given that he has the emotional and intellectual maturity of a 9 year old boy. Also they're weirdly impersonal. When Prince sings about something, you know it's coming from his crazy skewed brain. When MJ does, it's mostly just a musical theatre actor (ie a Judy Garland) giving you the soundtrack to a video.

SteveWD40

Alphabet St, Raspberry Beret, When You Were Mine, 1999, Sign O The Times, My Name is Prince, Controversy, Paisley Park, Kiss, When Doves Cry, Let's Go Crazy, Black Sweat, U Got The Look.... Prince's pop songs are better than MJs. And he pretty much wrote, produced and performed all of them entirely himself.

I could go on, but Prince's pop moments have some Beatles-level genius going on.

MJ has his moments, but as soon as you dig a bit deeper, he's really more of a dancer /video star than anything else. He has teams and teams of writers and producers working for him. And you know that any meaning in the songs is unintentional, given that he has the emotional and intellectual maturity of a 9 year old boy. Also they're weirdly impersonal. When Prince sings about something, you know it's coming from his crazy skewed brain. When MJ does, it's mostly just a musical theatre actor (ie a Judy Garland) giving you the soundtrack to a video.

GA0tzsf.gif

The_Poet

Banned
This. Did you see the Bashir interview where he's holding hands with that 14 year old boy? They're sat on the sofa together and the boy puts his head on mj's shoulder. It's pretty creepy tbh. Looks relationship -y not family - y.

Prince may be deeper and more talented but his composition and melody can be hit or miss. It's almost impossible for me to not groove to MJ though.

NinjaBoiX

I feel like Kevin Smith is the perfect subject for Sickboy's "first you've got it, then you've lost it, and it's gone forever" speech from Trainspotting.

Also, my hair. :(

(I'm talking about his movies here. He's still a smart funny guy, it's just his recent movies suck balls.)

Kevin Smith's "it" was always being a good podcaster and so on. He's said as much himself, he's not really cut out to be a film-maker as much as he is a public speaker.

I love the clips of his audience shows where they just reel off film news and he talks about it. Unabashedly geeky.

SteveWD40

Red State.

Yup, plus his first 2 films were shit. He peaked at Chasing Amy.

Kevin Smith's "it" was always being a good podcaster and so on. He's said as much himself, he's not really cut out to be a film-maker as much as he is a public speaker.

I love the clips of his audience shows where they just reel off film news and he talks about it. Unabashedly geeky.

Yeah, His "Evening with" is the best DVD he put out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There is a bottle of Mountain Dew in my line of sight on another desk.

Handing in my resignation notice tomorrow.

Whos with me?

I haven't listened to enough Prince to form an opinion on his stuff. I think the only songs I know are Purple Rain and When Doves Cry. I'm more of a Queen guy myself.

Also I would happily go full Colonel Kurtz with folks if the opportunity arose.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I am so excited for Tusk as well. I remember the podcast where they broke the story with the guy and the walrus suit, now it looks like it will actually be a decent movie. As long as Smith follows his muse (or Mewes hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha) I think he has some interesting stuff in him. He was right in that Jersey Girl and Zack and Miri (despite my loving the shit out of that film) were missteps for him, mostly repeating himself.

NinjaBoiX

Red State.
Never seen it to be fair, but I hear good things.
Yup, plus his first 2 films were shit. He peaked at Chasing Amy.
Damn straight, Chasing Amy is the ultimate guy friendly romcom. I love that film.

"...and Jedi, the most insulting instalment when Vader's beautiful black visage is sullied, when he whips off his mask to reveal a crusty, feeble old white man. They tryna tell us that deep inside, we all wants to be white!"

His podcasts are funny, the few I've heard anyway.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Never seen it to be fair, but I hear good things.

Damn straight, Chasing Amy is the ultimate guy friendly romcom. I love that film.

"...and Jedi, the most insulting instalment when Vader's beautiful black visage is sullied, when he whips off his mask to reveal a crusty, feeble old white man. They tryna tell us that deep inside, we all wants to be white!"

His podcasts are funny, the few I've heard anyway.

Watch it ASAP, you'll be surprised, it's a bit mad. I love watching it with people who don't know anything about it, there are several WTfuckingF moments.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yeah boy! Was so good, I want to marry Grant Morrison and have him whisper sweet impossibilities in my ear.

He almost convinced me to be a Christian XD

When he starts his Scientology-esque cult, I'm smanging the shit out of that Kool-Aid.

Never read any of his stuff (don't read comics much), but Grant Morrison put Bat-Mite in a legit mainline Bat comic, so he gets my respect.

The_Poet

Banned
Anyone listen to Crate and Crowbar podcast?

Former and current PC Gamer UK writers talking about games. They way they can articulate themes and concepts in games is incredible. Tom Francis (Gunpoint creator & former writer) is a regular too.

Mikeside

Loading Bar is back
They've opened up at Scenario Bar in Dalston, Hackney.

Anybody fancy a trip there? I'm sure we could book a room or something if we can get 10 or so people together for a mini-meet?

Anyone listen to Crate and Crowbar podcast?

Former and current PC Gamer UK writers talking about games. They way they can articulate themes and concepts in games is incredible. Tom Francis (Gunpoint creator & former writer) is a regular too.

My housemate talks about it a lot. You aren't him are you?

EDIT

I would be all over that Mike as long as the dates are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom