• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_mia6w1TMRY1rlopfro1_250.gif

Jenna Coleman is so cute it hurts

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
About half the guys with bulky/muscular upper bodies in my gym apparently skip leg day. Such a waste, it's like someone got a pair of matchsticks, put a pair of shoes on one end, and then a Greek statue on the top half.

Sometimes it's legit genetics, my calfs are pretty small, and my top half is pretty big so it looks like I have matchstick legs, but if you see my quads you'd wonder how me knees even function

jimbor

Banned
Sometimes it's legit genetics, my calfs are pretty small, and my top half is pretty big so it looks like I have matchstick legs, but if you see my quads you'd wonder how me knees even function

Orientals stole all the huge calf muscles genes.

It is known.

The_Poet

Banned
I'm pretty proud of my legs, its my upper-body which lacks.

I put it down to years of skateboarding as a teenager, that shit destroys your legs.

The_Poet

Banned
Hi! I'm still in Madrid but as I posted in this thread, I'm moving to London next September. Just started the serious part of the job hunting process from here, although I'll fly there for interviews as needed. Any help with the whole job thingie is very much appreciated. I'm a video/copywriting/PR and advertising type of fella.

So yeah! Just saying hi and stuff. I'm a veteran of international GAF meetups, even cooked some tortilla de patatas for EviLore back when he was here in Madrid.

Forget all that, we need to get down to the serious business.

What's your favourite flavour of crisps?

Oh and welcome!

The_Poet

Banned
YES! Those ones. Sensations, by Walker. Usually that brand's name is Matutano in Spain and Portugal, but when testing new products they rarely bother to change it.

I did my part but it wasn't enough. Can't find them anywhere here.

Those are a great choice, you'll do well here

NinjaBoiX

Welcome Romeo! Fresh blood.

Just about to set off back to Manchester, thought I'd share this first:

qUgAHqa.gif

Mmmmmmmmmm....Jenna Fischer.

Second only to Crazy Kelly as the hotness on The Office US.

Hi! I'm still in Madrid but as I posted in this thread, I'm moving to London next September. Just started the serious part of the job hunting process from here, although I'll fly there for interviews as needed. Any help with the whole job thingie is very much appreciated. I'm a video/copywriting/PR and advertising type of fella.

So yeah! Just saying hi and stuff. I'm a veteran of international GAF meetups, even cooked some tortilla de patatas for EviLore back when he was here in Madrid.

Welcome! Early September eh? You should be all settled in by the next big meet end of Sept!

Any idea where in London you're moving to?

Romeo is moving to London?

Huh. That's cool.

Can't be that, you're still around.

Ooooooooooh

The_Poet

Banned
Very close to Mile End station, I'll be renting a room there. Made a thread trying to get some help/resources for job hunting here but I tried to draw attention with a jokey title and it backfired, sorta kinda. That's the only thing that worries me, really! I already got the place slightly figured out and not having to deal with weird roomies or asshole landlords/ladies is a big relief.

But you guys are a cool bunch. I keep telling this to my fellow spaniards and they still hold on to the tea drinking, monocle wearing, jolly good old chap stereotype.

Benny Hill, too. For some reason they kept showing reruns of his show in the late 80s-early 90s.

Hey I used to go climbing there! there is a great climbing wall 2 minutes from the station. I wouldn't recommend the chicken shops though :p

Jed and Mike, this is the Japanese band I was talking about on Saturday: Yura Yura Teikoku (ゆらゆら帝国). Their sound changes over time from album to album, so I'll just post a few of my favourite songs, each from different albums. See what you think.

Taiyou No Usotsuki (太陽のうそつき), 1992

Family (ファミリー), 1996

Akuma Ga Boku O (悪魔がぼくを), 1999

Lame Trousers (ラメのパンタロン), 2001 (Apparently Lame means "cloth made of gold or silver thread", didn't know that)

Invasion (侵入), 2003

Into The Next Night (つぎの夜へ), 2006

Hollow Me (空洞です), 2009

Very close to Mile End station, I'll be renting a room there. Made a thread trying to get some help/resources for job hunting here but I tried to draw attention with a jokey title and it backfired, sorta kinda. That's the only thing that worries me, really! I already got the place slightly figured out and not having to deal with weird roomies or asshole landlords/ladies is a big relief.

But you guys are a cool bunch. I keep telling this to my fellow spaniards and they still hold on to the tea drinking, monocle wearing, jolly good old chap stereotype.

Benny Hill, too. For some reason they kept showing reruns of his show in the late 80s-early 90s.

Cool you'll be not far from me then. Wish I could help with the job situ but I don't really know anyone in your line of work. Good luck with it though, hope you get something sorted.

Hihi, i live in England but not British, is that ok to be here for me ?xD

Hey, we have people in here who aren't Brirish, don't live here, have never been here and have no intention of ever coming here. We haven't thrown them out yet! You are most welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom