• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomaser

Didn't find a London OT, so I ask here instead:

I'm going to London in a couple of weeks for the Monty Python live show. Two questions about food:

- Is there good food (dinner) to be had anywhere near the O2 arena? The places inside the arena don't seem very interesting to me. Should I skip trying to find something there and just take the tube back to the city center?
- Good breakfasts and lunches near Paddington? That's where I'll be staying. I know it's not the best place for eating, but there's bound to be something good there. If not, I'll go elsewhere, like perhaps Ottolenghi in Notting Hill (was at another Ottolenghi last year and loved it). Wanted to try The Breakfast Club in SoHo last time, but couldn't be bothered with the queue.

Yes I could grab something at Starbucks or wherever, but I really enjoy eating something great when I visit big cities.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_mo0vioQXHD1rknv2lo1_500.gif

TsuXna

[thread=847907]Damn. Deaf Spacker is a killer. Look at all them goners.[/thread]

Of course.

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit DS you beast

nah soz, we're full up

Cool you'll be not far from me then. Wish I could help with the job situ but I don't really know anyone in your line of work. Good luck with it though, hope you get something sorted.

Hey, we have people in here who aren't Brirish, don't live here, have never been here and have no intention of ever coming here. We haven't thrown them out yet! You are most welcome

i see, thanks.
Tasha meanie TT

jimbor

Banned
Didn't find a London OT, so I ask here instead:

I'm going to London in a couple of weeks for the Monty Python live show. Two questions about food:

- Is there good food (dinner) to be had anywhere near the O2 arena? The places inside the arena don't seem very interesting to me. Should I skip trying to find something there and just take the tube back to the city center?
- Good breakfasts and lunches near Paddington? That's where I'll be staying. I know it's not the best place for eating, but there's bound to be something good there. If not, I'll go elsewhere, like perhaps Ottolenghi in Notting Hill (was at another Ottolenghi last year and loved it). Wanted to try The Breakfast Club in SoHo last time, but couldn't be bothered with the queue.

Yes I could grab something at Starbucks or wherever, but I really enjoy eating something great when I visit big cities.

The O2 is located in a cultural desert so unless there's something you fancy in the arena itself, you'd be better off grabbing a bite somewhere else beforehand.

Breakfast Club is overpriced and overrated so you dodged a bullet there. Not too sure where is good for breakfast in Paddington but it's quite close to Edgware Road, which has many places to eat but mostly Lebanese cuisine.

The_Poet

Banned
Morning, Little Old Man!

The concept of GAF celebrities sounds like such a thing of the past, back when people did really stupid things for portable gaming systems and such.

That's a nice cultural dessert. Your monarchs are way cooler than ours. Specially your king.

You are in for a shock my friend.

Morning, Little Old Man!

The concept of GAF celebrities sounds like such a thing of the past, back when people did really stupid things for portable gaming systems and such.

That's a nice cultural dessert. Your monarchs are way cooler than ours. Specially your king.

We don't have a king

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
[thread=847907]Damn. Deaf Spacker is a killer. Look at all them goners.[/thread]

Of course.

Thing is, a console gets dusty no matter if it's used or not. Logical fallacy.

ps I like your new avy :D

Jed and Mike, this is the Japanese band I was talking about on Saturday: Yura Yura Teikoku (ゆらゆら帝国). Their sound changes over time from album to album, so I'll just post a few of my favourite songs, each from different albums. See what you think.

Taiyou No Usotsuki (太陽のうそつき), 1992

Family (ファミリー), 1996

Akuma Ga Boku O (悪魔がぼくを), 1999

Lame Trousers (ラメのパンタロン), 2001 (Apparently Lame means "cloth made of gold or silver thread", didn't know that)

Invasion (侵入), 2003

Into The Next Night (つぎの夜へ), 2006

Hollow Me (空洞です), 2009

Oh awesome ta fella! I'm at work with nowt doing today, this will make the next hour a bit more bearable. In the spirit of sharing, this is my crew Parachute for Gordo.

So I can't believe how poorly crafted Crysis 2 is. It's utterly devoid of any identity or flair, and Crytek seemingly forgot (or rather removed) everything great and original about 1 and Warhead in order to squeeze this game onto ageing consoles (and chase the revenues that seemingly never appeared based on their current financial strife). Marginally wide corridors, some guy helping me I don't give two shits about, and fucking aliens within the first two hours which are boring to fight.

I'm more pissed off that I waited several hours for this to download than anything.

SKINNER!

Banned
Morning, Little Old Man!

Go home Meadows. You're drunk.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hello Romeo!

Hello TsuXna! (I had to copy and paste that)

I am back!

To make up for it:

Day 1 of voluntary ban

SMITE SMITE SMITE SMITE SMITE SMITE
PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE
MENTAL HEALTH MENTAL HEALTH MENTAL HEALTH
DOWN WITH JRPGS DOWN WITH JRPGS

Day 2 of voluntary ban

Day 3 of voluntary ban

Day 4 of voluntary ban

Day 5 of voluntary ban

Day 6 of voluntary ban

And for today..

It's like I've never been away!

all buttons are positioned perfectly in relation to their usage. except the Z button, fuck that button

I just mean a lot of multi-platform stuff laid out the buttons in a way that never felt quite right. Obviously Nintendo games fit the controller like a glove (and have never felt better).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Say what? Since when?

He gradually got more and more Christian (in the ultra-traditional sense) after he had a crisis in the late eighties. He recorded what was supposedly the dirtiest sex album ever, then decided he'd been sinful all of his life and released a fluffy pop-gospel record instead. Ever since then, he's gotten more and more narrow-minded until I think the mid 90s when he just went full Jehovah's Witness. I think that's why he won't re-release / re-master any of his 'golden period'. Sad, his band used to be full of all sorts of people. Wendy and Lisa were in love with each other!

But he's still bonkers. This was the cover of his pop-gospel record:

Prince_1373386395.jpg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
He gradually got more and more Christian (in the ultra-traditional sense) after he had a crisis in the late eighties. He recorded what was supposedly the dirtiest sex album ever, then decided he'd been sinful all of his life and released a fluffy pop-gospel record instead. Ever since then, he's gotten more and more narrow-minded until I think the mid 90s when he just went full Jehovah's Witness. I think that's why he won't re-release / re-master any of his 'golden period'. Sad, his band used to be full of all sorts of people. Wendy and Lisa were in love with each other!

Wow.

Wasn't Rhonda Smith his bass player for a while? I remember reading a wicked interview with her.

But he's still bonkers. This was the cover of his pop-gospel record:

Prince_1373386395.jpg

SPLOATEE I CANNOT PROCESS THIS IT MAKES ME FEEL STRANGE

Reknoc

I just mean a lot of multi-platform stuff laid out the buttons in a way that never felt quite right. Obviously Nintendo games fit the controller like a glove (and have never felt better).

Yea I suppose so, I don't really remember having any problems and the GC was my main console until I got an xbox and could finally give memory cards the finger.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Wow.

Wasn't Rhonda Smith his bass player for a while? I remember reading a wicked interview with her.

SPLOATEE I CANNOT PROCESS THIS IT MAKES ME FEEL STRANGE

IT BEGINS

STARE INTO HIS EYES

FIXATE ON HIS RIBS

GO OUT

BUY SIGN O THE TIMES

not sure about Rhonda S

The_Poet

Banned
Mmmmmmmm curry.

Mine's a chicken vindaloo or jalfrezi with pilau rice please.

And maybe some seek kebab or onion bhaji. And hands off the mango chutney!

You have excellent taste
What did I expect from a Prince fan?

We're going a Nepalese place tonight, so I'll be getting Ghurka Chicken Masala + Keema naan

I always pick from House specialties when I'm buying Indian food. I'm just that fabulous.

Overall though I prefer Chinese/Thai. Tom Yam Chicken is the bee's pajamas.

EDIT

Where are my manners, welcome back Sploat, I trust you had a good vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom