• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
looking at a house to buy possibly, seen a nice house but in the relative distant you can see some council flats. not the worst block, relatively small maybe even a granny unit. you cant see it from the house itself and its not opposite, but its still there up the road. the actual area the house is in is nice

this is in leeds though, so like any city it's gonna vary from nice to rough pretty quickly. what are your opinoins?

The_Poet

Banned
looking at a house to buy possibly, seen a nice house but in the relative distant you can see some council flats. not the worst block, relatively small maybe even a granny unit. you cant see it from the house itself and its not opposite, but its still there up the road. the actual area the house is in is nice

this is in leeds though, so like any city it's gonna vary from nice to rough pretty quickly. what are your opinoins?

Ask the locals or look at those websites which show crime locations

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Be careful of poor people.

jimbor

Banned

No idea as in London the council housing is mixed in with the general populace so we don't have the luxury of totally avoiding the poors.

NinjaBoiX

What is this I don't even..
It's weird, I get the appeal, he's very entertaining to watch, but I honestly don't think he's really that talented. He has incredible screen presence, but I often watch him perform and think "dude, dial it back a notch, too much man". There is no subtlety, it's just "argh, chew the scenery!" the whole time IMO.

He's not terrible, far from it. I just think his almost unanimous adulation is perhaps misplaced.

Meh.

His best performance is Lewis in Jackie Brown. Love that character, love that movie.

The_Poet

Banned
Finally got around to watching The Wolf of Wall Street last night, A+ in my book.

Its so refreshing that they didn't dial anything back. Just full on all the time.

It's weird, I get the appeal, he's very entertaining to watch, but I honestly don't think he's really that talented. He has incredible screen presence, but I often watch him perform and think "dude, dial it back a notch, too much man". There is no subtlety, it's just "argh, chew the scenery!" the whole time IMO.

He's not terrible, far from it. I just think his almost unanimous adulation is perhaps misplaced.

Meh.

His best performance is Lewis in Jackie Brown. Love that character, love that movie.

He's a lovely person, and a very good actor.

Vashetti

Banned
Finally got around to watching The Wolf of Wall Street last night, A+ in my book.

Its so refreshing that they didn't dial anything back. Just full on all the time.

I think they could have chopped an hour out and it still would have been great.

I was starting to nod off around the 2 hour mark.

The_Poet

Banned

I think some of the
Swiss bank
stuff could have been chopped down. but thats only like 10-15 minutes. Those scenes are still a good laugh though.

I think the film is edited really well and to me at least doesn't have many lulls.

NinjaBoiX

For those peeps not in our what'sapp group, I landed myself a little job last night. Just a little bar job at a local nightclub, nothing flash. It's more a bit of fun on a weekend and some extra cash, but still...

FUAEDnQ.jpg

Anyway, it's nice to share these things with the community innit.
tumblr_lkhgskMjDL1qbsb9zo1_250.gif

Man, I loved the Adam & Joe Show. The sketch were they're going around the local shop eating all the "20% free" bits of chocolate bars and stuff cracked me up so hard as a teen.

Long films generally don't bother me, though with Wolf I did feel the passage of time a little kicking in at the cinema. Yet I was oddly gutted when the rumours about an extended cut on the Blu Ray turned out to be bull.

For those peeps not in our what'sapp group, I landed myself a little job last night. Just a little bar job at a local nightclub, nothing flash. It's more a bit of fun on a weekend and some extra cash, but still...

FUAEDnQ.jpg

Anyway, it's nice to share these things with the community innit.

Awesome! Congrats! Is it just standard serving of drinks, or do you have to make specials and cocktails?

I downloaded whatapp two weeks ago and I never even finished making my account. For shame.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah LoM, it's mainly just bottles and mixers and stuff, but they do serve cocktails. I made my first Long Island Ice Tea last night. We got a mad rush on at about 1am, dude asked for two LIIT's, a load of shots, a few bottles and a handful of mixers. Round was like £50.

I was like "er, Chrissy, HALP!" she pointed me in the direction of the shaker and the cocktail mix list. "Yeah, a little more help than that please! I have literally never done this before." But she was very patient and talked me through it. Then I forgot to ring it through the till, had to void my next round off the gun and recall the whole order from memory. :| Got there in the end though!

Dropped a few clangers, but I think I did well all things considered, never worked in a bar for over 10 years. I made a pretty good impression by all accounts. :D

You should get involved in the what'sapp group dude, it's a laugh. PM Jordan, if you want in, he's the admin. And we should meet man, I'm in your neck of the woods now! I'm going to organise a mini meet for some time in August, maybe to coincide with my/sploatee's housewarming. I'm back in Sunderland for a reunion BBQ for my mate's wedding at the start of the month, so it'll probably be towards the end maybe. Deets to follow.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I'm with you on this. I thought it was marvellous in fits and starts but far too bloated. The scene where Leo and chum are paralysed is hilarious though.

Also, Owen double congrats and yes Little Old Man if you are Manchistor based then say hello!

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Wolf of Wall Street is one of the worst edited big budget films that I can think of. There's almost no arc in the story, it is just scene after scene of excess. It starts off promisingly with his first job/starting up the business but that part gets almost immediately forgotten as the successes immediately hit and the scenes of excess begin rolling. Then there are the redundant three scenes which show that he has reached his low point - the scene with the wife, the drug scene and the boat scene (being vague here). You don't need all three. It is indulgent: you get the dramatic point that he is far gone. Then after that he gets clean in the space of one scene, with almost no impact. It is so weirdly constructed.

That said, it is still enjoyable to watch - Di Caprio is having a ball and it is marvellously lavish.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I had the loveliest dream last night. There was this large barrel, full of pipe weed. And we smoked all of it. I played a mission on a complete version of MGS: The Phantom Pain. And then you were sick.

Hey GAF. What do you have for lunch?

Right I get that's a totally boring sounding question, but I'm starting to get a bit bored of what I'm taking for lunch at work. What to others do?

jimbor

Banned

Right I get that's a totally boring sounding question, but I'm starting to get a bit bored of what I'm taking for lunch at work. What to others do?

I always buy lunch. Would make a packed lunch but seeing as my lunch is tax deductible, it's almost like the government is forcing me to buy lunch.

The_Poet

Banned

Normally some oven fresh chicken and salad.

Maybe a ready meal (also with oven fresh chicken)

8bit

Knows the Score

Mostly Greek salads because I could eat olives & goat's cheese every day until I die, but if you're looking for something relatively hassle free make a load of white risotto on a Sunday and then reheat adding different ingredients each night depending on what you fancy.

NinjaBoiX

This thread recently guys:

x6RWr3Z.gif

Edit:
so MANCHESTER PEOPLE, the store i've an interview at is on oxford road, how is that place? near the city centre/shops etc? is it a dive? is it wonderful? just a general idea please!
Oxford Road is right in the centre. It's fine, about what you'd expect from a bustling, thriving city centre.

Best city in the world mate. Do it.

Chinner

Banned
One day while Andy was masturbating, Woody got wood. He could no longer help himself! He watched as Andy stroked his juicy kawaii cock. He approached Andy which startled him and make him pee everywhere on the floor and on Woody too. Being drenched in his urine made him harder than ever! Woody: "Andy Senpai! I'm alive and I want to be INSIDE OF YOU." Andy: "Oh Woody Chan! I always knew you were alive! I want to stuff you up my kawaii ass!" Woody grabbed a bunch of flavored lube and rubbed it all over his head Woody: "Oh my! It's cherry flavored lube! Cherry is my favorite! Woody then stuffed his head up into Andy's tight ass! The other toys around the room watched intently as Woody shoved his head back and forth into Andy's nice ass, continuously making a squishy wet noise. The other toys also became aroused and they all gathered around Woody and Andy and started to urinate all over them, and then they started to masturbate. Andy: "Oh my goodness, Woody Chan! You are churning my insides up so well! Your nose is stimulating my prostate! OH YES! All the other toys became so aroused by this, that they could not help themselves anymore! They pushed Woody completely inside, and they all went inside. All of them wanted to be inside Andy's nice round ass. Andy: "No wait guys! My ass cannot hold this much! I'm getting so full! All the toys went inside of poor squirming Andy and pretty much, he was beyond full, and died from having his insides completely damaged. The mother came inside and found Andy, dead with a huge ass hemorrhage on his anus, with a HUGE belly full of toys.

So fucking exhausted.

London Film and Comic Con was great though, even if they did mess up the organisation a bit yesterday. It was so busy, never seen it like that before. Damn Stan Lee.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
so MANCHESTER PEOPLE, the store i've an interview at is on oxford road, how is that place? near the city centre/shops etc? is it a dive? is it wonderful? just a general idea please!

Oxford rd is basically the spine of Manchester. Its a long and busy road that goes from the student area, through the curry mile, past the universities and right up to the edge of the centre. Wherever you are on it, you won't be far from a coffee shop and (depending on how close you are to the universities) a bookshop or pub of some description.

It's never really dive-y but away from the main road the curry mile can get a bit hairy.

If you want to go to town from Oxford Road you'd probably be able to just use Google maps and be there in about 10 mins. Ox rd is also the busiest bus route in Europe. It's insane, you'll never have to wait more than two minutes for a bus to town.

Hope that helps!

jimbor

Banned
It's been a good match for a 0-0 and a world cup final. Fucked off that Germany have scored now as I had fifty quid on them to win in normal time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom