• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I already have a job in the bag, then tonight out of the blue I found another, but much more closely related to my degree, but the other end of the country. I'm sitting here doing the application.

I'm not sure what this means. Do I submit it and say yolo?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
i have just started to play it and spent way too long making an awesome robot. NOW TYRION IS TELLING ME TO AVOID TRIPMINES WAHOOOOOOO.

WE CAN BE ROBO BUDDIES!

1243936513_futurama-do-the-robot.gif

Totally forgot to add you yesterday because PEWPEWPEW! Add me instead: Scheming Meat

that is the actual embodiment of my feelings right now. i am in tears. beautiful milhouse tears.

but yeah, destiny is pretty good. it's borderlands without all the HEY LOOK HOW FUNNY I AM HAHA HEEHEE HOHOOOO wank.
plus it looks like a pulp-y 70s sci fi thing. my main worry, if i continue to like it, is which version to pre-order: 360 or optimistically go for the xbone?
ugh, life is hard.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
that is the actual embodiment of my feelings right now. i am in tears. beautiful milhouse tears.

but yeah, destiny is pretty good. it's borderlands without all the HEY LOOK HOW FUNNY I AM HAHA HEEHEE HOHOOOO wank.
plus it looks like a pulp-y 70s sci fi thing. my main worry, if i continue to like it, is which version to pre-order: 360 or optimistically go for the xbone?
ugh, life is hard.

Peeeeeee
Esssssss
Foooooor

Glad you are enjoying it though. I'm well and truly hooked. :)

Gooooooooooooood morning BritGAF,

Hope everyone is having a great morning so far :)

If you're not then I'll just leave this here: http://imgur.com/gallery/3Gwif

Morning shorty!

Thanks for that. It was...interesting. I was expecting puppies.

So I already have a job in the bag, then tonight out of the blue I found another, but much more closely related to my degree, but the other end of the country. I'm sitting here doing the application.

I'm not sure what this means. Do I submit it and say yolo?

When you say other end of the country, where are we talking exactly?

Gooooooooooooood morning BritGAF,

Hope everyone is having a great morning so far :)

If you're not then I'll just leave this here: http://imgur.com/gallery/3Gwif

Goooooooooood morning!

When you say other end of the country, where are we talking exactly?

Merseyside to Middle Earth, aka Oxfordshire. Which is the only issue with the job. With the current one I can continue living at home, and save up for a deposit on a flat in a few months then move out.

Down there I'd obviously have to move out straight away, and thanks to my current job I have no money at hand to make that happen. There's no family members that could lend me the money either. Hell I don't even know what this job pays, whereas the one I have pays very and has clear routes for salary rises and career progression.

8bit

Knows the Score
Merseyside to Middle Earth, aka Oxfordshire. Which is the only issue with the job. With the current one I can continue living at home, and save up for a deposit on a flat in a few months then move out.

Down there I'd obviously have to move out straight away, and thanks to my current job I have no money at hand to make that happen. There's no family members that could lend me the money either. Hell I don't even know what this job pays, whereas the one I have pays very and has clear routes for salary rises and career progression.

It sounds as if you're in a better position to progress where you are, but there's nothing wrong with inquiring about the other role. If you're a good fit, any decent company will help get you settled.

Sounds to me like you should stay where you are.

Unless you find out the salary for the new job and it's amaaaazing

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Pardon my language but I've just gone full "fuck it" and booked tomorrow and all of next week off. E is at home and the weather is nice so much better that being stuck in a quiet office. Everything just seems to stop every single summer.

Pardon my language but I've just gone full "fuck it" and booked tomorrow and all of next week off. E is at home and the weather is nice so much better that being stuck in a quiet office. Everything just seems to stop every single summer.

Good for you! Hope you have a lovely time off and the weather stays marvellous for you.

I really wish I could do the same but a) I only have 2 days holiday left for the rest of the year and b) I'm only in my 6th week at my new job and it super busy with lots going on.

I'm hoping to book a day off mid week in September to go snowboarding.

It sounds as if you're in a better position to progress where you are, but there's nothing wrong with inquiring about the other role. If you're a good fit, any decent company will help get you settled.

Sounds to me like you should stay where you are.

Unless you find out the salary for the new job and it's amaaaazing

Yeah you guys are right. I think I just had the night time feeling where anything is possible (a feeling that increases exponentially with alcohol), and then this morning I actually stopped to question what job I would be giving up, but also is the one down there even feasible. Like you've both pointed out, it isn't for me at the moment. Shame I didn't hear about the position months ago, as I could have possibly make things work, but that's just how things are!

This is just about playing Destiny, isn't it Sploat?

I bought Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty last night and just penned a post chronicling everything about it that I don't like so far. You can read that at your leasure in the OT.

jimbor

Banned
Yeah you guys are right. I think I just had the night time feeling where anything is possible (a feeling that increases exponentially with alcohol), and then this morning I actually stopped to question what job I would be giving up, but also is the one down there even feasible. Like you've both pointed out, it isn't for me at the moment. Shame I didn't hear about the position months ago, as I could have possibly make things work, but that's just how things are!
Go for it and stop taking the easy route. What was your degree in?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Good for you! Hope you have a lovely time off and the weather stays marvellous for you.

I really wish I could do the same but a) I only have 2 days holiday left for the rest of the year and b) I'm only in my 6th week at my new job and it super busy with lots going on.

I'm hoping to book a day off mid week in September to go snowboarding.

Thanks!!

There's Eurogamer too, that'll be a nice break :)

This is just about playing Destiny, isn't it Sploat?

I bought Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty last night and just penned a post chronicling everything about it that I don't like so far. You can read that at your leasure in the OT.

No! Last Friday's holiday was about that! There's nothing left to play in the beta. I tried again last night but it's over now I think. I exchanged some materials, got a new speeder and explored the tower a bit. September come now!

if so, sploat is my new hero.

See above. I'll happily be your hero but that's a good chance I'll let you down at some point with my questionable views.

I'll happily be your hero but that's a good chance I'll let you down at some point with my questionable views.

We're all well aware of your burning hatred for the international jewish community, Sploatee.

Do you have any interest in Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty? I need someone with nostalgia goggles like mine to complain with.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
We're all well aware of your burning hatred for the international jewish community, Sploatee.

Do you have any interest in Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty? I need someone with nostalgia goggles like mine to complain with.

And gays. Can't stand those guys!

Sorry, I've never played it. I think it came out during my non-gaming years. Does it stink?

And gays. Can't stand those guys!

Sorry, I've never played it. I think it came out during my non-gaming years. Does it stink?

It's a reboot of Abe's Oddysee which came out in the mid 90's. If you haven't played it I'm fairly sure you'll enjoy it. Puzzle platforming rather than standard "hold down right" platforming.

I'm mostly just wading in a pool of my own salty tears lamenting that the remake of one of my favourite games isn't exactly the same as the original...I mean, when you pull a lever it doesn't even make the same noise!!!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Probably bit late to ask but does anyone have a Density code for PS3?

Damn you Soturi I was about to ask the same! As a caveat I play about 100x the games Mush does. Cos she's a girl innit hahahaha

So speaking of games, finished up Wolfenstein last night. Was as excellent as Sploats and Kent Paul were hyping it up to be, typically awesome game from the Riddick brahs. I loved how fast the movement was and how damn brutal the game was at points (the submarine and the shotgun was just YEEAAAAHHHHHH DIE NAZI SCUM HAHAHAHAHAAAA). Managed to have a story that wasn't entirely snoozeville and a sex scene that didn't feel like it was directed by a 12 year old boy with his dick in his hand.

The only thing I felt this was missing was more time on
the moon
(and some proper fights outside, that would have been boss) and maybe underwater fighting too. I thought it put you in some interesting places but didn't have you do much in them. Fighting Nazis on the
surface of the moon
might have been the greatest thing ever. That said, I don't think I could find a single bad thing to say about the combat itself, a near perfect mix of needing cover but with the ability to go totes rambo and ruin people in the face running about like Mo Farrah on PCP. Although the weapon wheel not pausing combat was bullshit.

Excellent game.

Holy hell:

"While fewer than one in ten British children attends a fee-paying school, a whopping 60 per cent of rock music chart acts are now ex-public school, compared with 1 per cent 20 years ago."

60%?!

Holy hell:

"While fewer than one in ten British children attends a fee-paying school, a whopping 60 per cent of rock music chart acts are now ex-public school, compared with 1 per cent 20 years ago."

60%?!

Rich parents with contacts probably helps now more than ever with the music industry becoming so democratised due to new methods of supplying music.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's a reboot of Abe's Oddysee which came out in the mid 90's. If you haven't played it I'm fairly sure you'll enjoy it. Puzzle platforming rather than standard "hold down right" platforming.

I'm mostly just wading in a pool of my own salty tears lamenting that the remake of one of my favourite games isn't exactly the same as the original...I mean, when you pull a lever it doesn't even make the same noise!!!

NOT THE SAME NOISE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!1!!!1

Damn you Soturi I was about to ask the same! As a caveat I play about 100x the games Mush does. Cos she's a girl innit hahahaha

So speaking of games, finished up Wolfenstein last night. Was as excellent as Sploats and Kent Paul were hyping it up to be, typically awesome game from the Riddick brahs. I loved how fast the movement was and how damn brutal the game was at points (the submarine and the shotgun was just YEEAAAAHHHHHH DIE NAZI SCUM HAHAHAHAHAAAA). Managed to have a story that wasn't entirely snoozeville and a sex scene that didn't feel like it was directed by a 12 year old boy with his dick in his hand.

The only thing I felt this was missing was more time on
the moon
(and some proper fights outside, that would have been boss) and maybe underwater fighting too. I thought it put you in some interesting places but didn't have you do much in them. Fighting Nazis on the
surface of the moon
might have been the greatest thing ever. That said, I don't think I could find a single bad thing to say about the combat itself, a near perfect mix of needing cover but with the ability to go totes rambo and ruin people in the face running about like Mo Farrah on PCP. Although the weapon wheel not pausing combat was bullshit.

Excellent game.

Ha ha. Ha. HA. HA @your first comment

But glad you liked it. Yes the weapon wheel annoyed me a bit too and probably cost me quite a few lives. I was really impressed with how well it balanced the serious
the prison camp, the asylum, the human experimentation
, the b-movie
the moon, the LOHN-DOHN MONITORR, Frau Engel
and the joyous blasting
the LKW!

8bit

Knows the Score
Was woken up at 4.15 this morning by phone with an angry German asking "Was ist die Lösung?" repeatedly, assuming it was the challenge/response from the security company I handed it to my wife, and mystery man started to talk about headphones to her. So she hung up and berated me for not realising that the security company would start by telling me who they were. Didn't quite get back to sleep after that.

Particularly strange is that the call doesn't appear in my phones call log and there isn't such a thing as 1471.

the-scary-door_288x216.jpg

Koriandrr

londoner-gafs ....why is the puri kura machine so ridiculously expensive and why are those cosplayer anime fans in the arcade always camping the ddr and not letting others play? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom