• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Date is ok, but location is a bit of a bugger. Lets move it back to London yeah.
Quiet you! Nearly all the meets are in London man, branch out innit. You can sleep in the bath, it looks really comfy to be fair.

I'd be at every meet without fail if it was bascially, "fancy popping out for a few drinks tonight", like it is for you "stoop kid" cockneys.

I am a social contortionist Ninja, I'm flexible for whatever.

I don't know what Mike and Jed are doing. In truth I'd be more comfortable if I knew at least one other Southern person was coming to your Northern wasteland. If it was just me and the Mancs I'd feel like Hugh Grant wandering round the set of Conan the Barbarian.

Son Of D

So 23rd August was a bust, most of the out of towners couldn't come, and as it's easier for the Mancs to fit in just popping into town for a few beers it seems fair that we try and fit around them. That being the case, it seems the following week (30th August) might be better.

How does that sit with peeps?
I'll be there in spirit. I'll still be in Devon at that time and it'll be just before my move.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So Steve can't make it, boo!

But sploatee and Musha can, yay!

I think jimbor is busy until the middle of Sept, so he might just be a write off anyway.

Mike, Jed, Daps, whoever else, what say you?

It's just a case of getting the most people accommodated as possible, I'm never going to be able to get everyone sorted unfortunately.

30th is a bit better for me fo sho since I will have money. 75% yes from me, will have to sort with Mrs what she's up to.

jimbor

Banned
So Steve can't make it, boo!

But sploatee and Musha can, yay!

I think jimbor is busy until the middle of Sept, so he might just be a write off anyway.

Mike, Jed, Daps, whoever else, what say you?

It's just a case of getting the most people accommodated as possible, I'm never going to be able to get everyone sorted unfortunately.
I told you I could get up there for nine ish on the 23rd but think everything else is a definite write off.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The bath? I'd be better off bringing an inflatable mattress and sleeping bag and sleeping on the floor.

NinjaBoiX

TGrCBYP.jpg

Current single:
Figure It Out

25th August, hurry up!

63nES5K.jpg

So 30th August is looking to be a more solid date for the Manc meet, just waiting to hear back from a few more people before I make it official and post the thread.
Now that actually is my wedding.
Bah! We'll catch up for sploatee's do mate, if not before.
30th is a bit better for me fo sho since I will have money. 75% yes from me, will have to sort with Mrs what she's up to.
Good man!
I told you I could get up there for nine ish on the 23rd but think everything else is a definite write off.
Oh really? I missed that part. Well anyway, it looks like 30th is going to be better for most peeps being a week more notice and after pay day and all that. I don't really want to make it September as it's getting close to the main meet.

Next time breh.
The bath? I'd be better off bringing an inflatable mattress and sleeping bag and sleeping on the floor.
E8UyM2I.png

It was a gag chief, kind of how people say "you can go in the boot" on long car journeys. But do whatever you want man!

NinjaBoiX

OK, Mike said he can make it on 30th but not Z. And jimbor and Steve can't make that day either.

How do people feel about the first weekend of September? Any good? I'm easy with either of those days, but if the people who can't make the 30th can make 6th September then all the better.

Edit: screw it, it's the 30th. Mike says he's not all that bothered if Z can't make it, Jimmy is busy the rest of the time anyway, I can catch up with Steve another time and Mike and Z are going to come down together around crimbo.

Thread incoming. Mark your diaries!

SteveWD40

OK, Mike said he can make it on 30th but not Z. And jimbor and Steve can't make that day either.

How do people feel about the first weekend of September? Any good? I'm easy with either of those days, but if the people who can't make the 30th can make 6th September then all the better.

Edit: screw it, it's the 30th. Mike says he's not all that bothered if Z can't make it, Jimmy is busy the rest of the time anyway, I can catch up with Steve another time and Mike and Z are going to come down together around crimbo.

Yeah don't sweat, I work near you and we can hang whenever (of course after the wedding will be easier).

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Dude are you sure you want to start a thread for what is essentially a houseparty? And more importantly, all peeps concerned are in the whatsapp.

If you include your address it could be legendary though.

What about Hystzen? He's Mancy innit?

NinjaBoiX

Yeah don't sweat, I work near you and we can hang whenever (of course after the wedding will be easier).
Yeah, that's the way I figure it too mate. I can catch up with my Manc peeps whenever, it's the out of towners that I want to try and accommodate. And the only one who wants to come but def can't make it is jimmy.

I'll be here all day switching dates around otherwise!
Dude are you sure you want to start a thread for what is essentially a houseparty? And more importantly, all peeps concerned are in the whatsapp.

If you include your address it could be legendary though.

What about Hystzen? He's Mancy innit?
That's what I thought, but daps suggested to make a thread to facilitate discussion about transport and whatever.

Plus, it'll start off as a house party for a few hours but we'll likely end up heading into town for a few as well. It'll end up being a proper meet night out hopefully, but I'll try and keep it frugal and pick out the cheap and cheerful bars! Free accommodation too, mustn't grumble.

And you know what it's like when you post a meet thread, a few previously unknown posters come out of the woodwork and end up showing their face.

Yeah, Hystzen is Manc, so is LoM and Cheez. I'll give them a nudge if they don't post in the thread after a few days.

P.S. Address deets will be via PM only, don't want loads of scallies gatecrashing the place!

Edit: I may not mention the housewarming part in the thread at all. I guess you guys will be planning on getting here late afternoon/early evening, drop off your gear, have a few drinks and see the flat, then head into town about 9pm or whatever. Plus, with you guys and a few of my and my bros mates it'll probably be pretty full. The place isn't that big!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
When I sweat, I really fucking sweat. It's disgusting. XD

You didn't complain when we shared a bed at Musha's.

I've started wearing a sweatband onstage, it's a fucking LIFE SAVER. I've spent so many sets with one eye closed and my head facing the ceiling because OMG SO MUCH SWEAT.

Fat people shouldn't be allowed onstage, it's bad for us.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
how did you stick to the walls

It reminds me of that pic I think 8bit posted a while back. Meat has moved past Merzbow and is now in the strange otherworld of avant-garde music where gravity is, like, detuned, man. And then recorded to a CD. Which is then scratched with a compass. And played in a DVD player. With the sound taped to Betamax. With the Betamax tape then cut up and fried. And then made into chips. Which are then used as guitar picks. To play the music which was originally recorded to CD.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It reminds me of that pic I think 8bit posted a while back. Meat has moved past Merzbow and is now in the strange otherworld of avant-garde music where gravity is, like, detuned, man. And then recorded to a CD. Which is then scratched with a compass. And played in a DVD player. With the sound taped to Betamax. With the Betamax tape then cut up and fried. And then made into chips. Which are then used as guitar picks. To play the music which was originally recorded to CD.

theresa-may-gif-woah.gif

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

spider-man-mind-blown-o.gif

8bit

Knows the Score

hi!

1344770314770.png

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why is there so much hype for Guardian Readers of the Galaxy? Like I'd never heard of it before the trailers so I'm surprised it seems to be so big. I mean I understand Batman and Superman getting a lot of hype because everyone and their mother has heard of them. Then again when I first heard of the Avengers movie I thought it was going to be based on the 1960s television series.

Why is there so much hype for Guardian Readers of the Galaxy? Like I'd never heard of it before the trailers so I'm surprised it seems to be so big. I mean I understand Batman and Superman getting a lot of hype because everyone and their mother has heard of them. Then again when I first heard of the Avengers movie I thought it was going to be based on the 1960s television series.

There's a racoon with a gun in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom