• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Why is there so much hype for Guardian Readers of the Galaxy? Like I'd never heard of it before the trailers so I'm surprised it seems to be so big. I mean I understand Batman and Superman getting a lot of hype because everyone and their mother has heard of them. Then again when I first heard of the Avengers movie I thought it was going to be based on the 1960s television series.

Rocket Raccoon

I'm going to see it on Saturday and I'm super excited. And not just because of Chris Pratt topless. Although that is a big part of the reason. It just looks super cool and funny.

SteveWD40

Why is there so much hype for Guardian Readers of the Galaxy? Like I'd never heard of it before the trailers so I'm surprised it seems to be so big. I mean I understand Batman and Superman getting a lot of hype because everyone and their mother has heard of them. Then again when I first heard of the Avengers movie I thought it was going to be based on the 1960s television series.

It's getting the Marvel marketing dollar, which creates hype on it's own. The fact it will tie in with The Avengers at some point helps as well.

Chris Pratt is awesome, as is the OST.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I used to read the original Rocket Raccoon mini-series when I was a kid and they reprinted it in the back of old Marvel UK Tranformers comics, so that has a lot to do with my hype.

On it's own though: the trailers look like a lot of Firefly-esque bantery fun, the excellent James Gunn (Super, Slither) is at the helm, it has my waif-fu Karen Gillan as a super-sexy blue-green villain, a cheeky little soundtrack, and - oh yes - it's got a goddamned mouthy Raccoon that has access to some ridiculously large guns and a tree as stars of the show.

What's not to hype...?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's getting the Marvel marketing dollar, which creates hype on it's own. The fact it will tie in with The Avengers at some point helps as well.

Chris Pratt is awesome, as is the OST.

I think the Marvel effect is helping it some, but I also think it just looks like an awesome film. Great cast, vibrant colourful world, something a bit different and new as well as being a classic adventure film. I can't wait.

jimbor

Banned

Seems a little different in tone to most of the other superhero movies, plus the comic it is based on was great.

Son Of D

Everyone has pretty much said what needs to be said. Disney have been pushing this big time.

I'll be seeing it tomorrow now as a birthday present from a friend. I'll post a review up over the weekend.

NinjaBoiX

2kAkRp0.jpg

Marmozets - Deaf Institute - Wednesday 1st October.

Aww fuck yiss.

Mikeside

I'm getting really into The Crane Wife by The Decemberists.

Are they a cool band to like, or are they one of those "oh man...you like THEM? siiigh"?
I can never tell which who is cool and who is generally hated with folk music.

Not that it affects the fact I'm going to listen to this album 3 times a day for the next month or so.

I'm getting really into The Crane Wife by The Decemberists.

Are they a cool band to like, or are they one of those "oh man...you like THEM? siiigh"?
I can never tell which who is cool and who is generally hated with folk music.

Not that it affects the fact I'm going to listen to this album 3 times a day for the next month or so.

Just listen to who you want man. Whether or not a band is cool or not shouldn't affect what you listen to because, you know, you're never going to be cool anyway.

Mikeside

Just listen to who you want man. Whether or not a band is cool or not shouldn't affect what you listen to because, you know, you're never going to be cool anyway.

oh it's not that it affects who I listen to. I don't give a shit about that.
It DOES affect the way I'll try to push it on everyone else. I need to know if it's cool or not before I choose my tactics.

Hystzen

It's not Bananaman.

Cosmic Marvel is best Marvel it just fucking insane how out there it is. Plus film is going to scratch that firefly/serenity itch for some people

NinjaBoiX

I'm pretty excited about Guardians. Seeing it tomorrow! First film I'll have seen on release since forever.

I hope it'll be the kick up the arse comic book films kind of need. Please do more weird shit after this, Marvel.
Please make Thor 3 not boring

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I'm pretty excited about Guardians. Seeing it tomorrow! First film I'll have seen on release since forever.

I hope it'll be the kick up the arse comic book films kind of need. Please do more weird shit after this, Marvel.
Please make Thor 3 not boring
Meh. It'll be close to impossible to top Spiderman 2 as the best comic book movie.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Working with americans via e-mail is consistently the most annoying and infuriating aspect of my professional life I ever encounter. Worst still is the 'younger generation' of twenty somethings that think they can ignore important e-mails and dont think I can't see their vapid instagram/tumblr/facebook shit and not want to publicly crucify them.

I'm sure this is true of a lot of shit brits as well, but I dunno mang. I DUNNO.

I want to see Guardians this weekend but I won't have time. I am also currently drowning in entertainment options. People need to make less of it. Srsly.

Darren870

Musha, Does your sister work/live in Melbourne. I think I recall you saying you have a sister in Australia.

I pass by some girl every day on my way to work that I swear looks like you. Want to stop and just be like ugh.. do you know Musha...might be a bit weird though!

Musha, Does your sister work/live in Melbourne. I think I recall you saying you have a sister in Australia.

I pass by some girl every day on my way to work that I swear looks like you. Want to stop and just be like ugh.. do you know Musha...might be a bit weird though!

She lives in Sydney but she has been in Melbourne for a few weeks I think working. If you say do you know Musha she won't have a clue what you're on about though. Just go up to her and ask if her name is Faye.

Darren870

She lives in Sydney but she has been in Melbourne for a few weeks I think working. If you say do you know Musha she won't have a clue what you're on about though. Just go up to her and ask if her name is Faye.

Haha, I figured she wouldn't know what musha was :p

I'll do that awkward cough her name as I pass by her next.

Otherwise, I'll have to change my whole route if she says no and I look like an idiot!

NinjaBoiX

Marmozets - Born Young and Free

"Now we know where we're going, let's get dressed,
I didn't even realise, we could be this pressed,
Shake the dust off of your feet, and show 'em who's best,
We'll make a break outta London, let's go west,

We can go wherever we want 'cos we're free,
Yeah we're free,
We can do whatever we want 'cos we're born young and free,
We're born young and free,"

Becca knows what's up, haha. She sounds so angry, I love her inflection.

She's mint.

They're mint.

Just mint.

Went to see Planet of the Apes 2: Dr Zaius Strikes Back last night.

Pretty darn good. Amazing CGI on the apes themselves but they were also played and written well so they were well constructed characters in their own right. The film was a kind of textbook escalation of conflict and by the end you don't know who started what. Assholes on both sides ruin things for everyone.

I only had a couple of issues with it. Firstly, your main human character just seemed like this neutral, passive entity. Very forgettable compared to Caesar. Second, while the story is compelling, sometimes the imagery is kind of hard to take seriously. I mean there's a bit where (spoilers)
one of the apes is duel wielding machineguns while jumping through flames on horseback.
Otherwise though they managed to make it look really good.

I hope they make a third one.

On a completely unrelated note, I guy in my year at secondary school got a silver medal in the Commonwealth Games recently.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/other-sport/brunel-student-bryant-wins-silver-7532634

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Going to see Guardians tonight at 9, so excited!

Big weekend too, out on Friday to see drummer Johnny play with my buddies in 232 which should be hilarious, then gigging on Saturday and then Sunday for Westival. Too much awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom