• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Guardians of the Galaxy is brilliant.

I don't like comics or a lot of sci-fi really and it could have been awful. I mean the villain is called (not really a spoiler but I'll stick it in there to be sure)
Ronan the Accuser
, you can't get any lamer than that. However this film is hilarious. There are so many hysterical lines including a brilliant cum joke. Like the best blockbusters, it is just fun to watch despite some flaws.

I'd put it alongside Iron Man 3 and Captain America 2 as the best Marvel films.

Guardians of the Galaxy is brilliant.

I'd put it alongside Iron Man 3 and Captain America 2 as the best Marvel films.

hUkAT.gif

Probably why I liked it! I thought it was brave and funny. If you look at the plot it does fall apart and there isn't actually much Iron Man, but I don't expect cerebral cinema from Marvel studios.

It was the funniest Marvel film I've seen but excluding the humour it was just terrible. A super hero film doesn't need to be cerebral it just needs to be compelling and entertaining. I thought Captain America 2 was really good actually, a much better film than the first one for sure.

Are they going to bother making more Iron Man movies?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
It was the funniest Marvel film I've seen but excluding the humour it was just terrible. A super hero film doesn't need to be cerebral it just needs to be compelling and entertaining. I thought Captain America 2 was really good actually, a much better film than the first one for sure.

Are they going to bother making more Iron Man movies?

Captain America 2 and Iron Man 1 are the best Marvel films for all-round competence. They are the most solidly performed, plotted and directed. Iron Man 3 is a mess, and really poor in some areas (bad guy, the plot doesn't actually make sense, anything involving Paltrow) but the Mandarin stuff, the multi-suit scenes and the general Shane Black-ness make up for that to me. I completely get why people dislike it, though.

Iron Man 4 will happen if Downey's pay demands aren't too high; the demand is there but not if he wants to milk Marvel dry.

Reknoc

Just hammered it down with rain and who was the lucky guy to have to walk down to the post office in it? Me, in shorts and a t-shirt.

Hopefully I'll dry off in the bus because I'm going straight to the cinema lol

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hi everyone! Back from holiday! Did you notice I was away? :p

Some thoughts....

We had an AMAZING curry
We ate at an AMAZING poshish fish place
We just saw Guardians of the Galaxy and it was AMAZING (
I cried at 'we are groot' awwwwwwwww!!!
We had an AMAZING time

Tonight I am going to play Last of Us for the first time. I hope it is AMAZING and I hope you are all AMAZING too!!!!!!

AMAZING!!! Spam recommencing in 3. 2. 1....

Son Of D

Now that I'm home and mostly recovered from yesterday's madness I can finally say:

• One more month until I move out of Devon for university! :D
  • Also, welcome back to Afoni. Missed you around here... well I did at least.
  • Watch Guardians of the Galaxy guys and girls. A ton of fun with some great serious scenes. Also Chris Pratt <3
  • Fantastic night out last night. Including seeing a really close friend who I hadn't seen in a while.
  • Although I now have fuck all in terms of money until Tuesday.
  • Welcome back from the Holiday sploats. Sounds like you had a fun time :D.

Reknoc

Guardians of the Galaxy is legit. The a-hole line still made me cringe as much as it did in the trailers though, so awful, like someone saying lol.

Had a trailer for the Hobbit at the start and man, what. What are they even adapting at this point? The first film was pretty terrible but there was at least some hobbit in between all the terrible fanfiction stuff, now it just seems to be pure fanfiction.

Oooh, Friday night knowing you've got a week holiday ahead. Off to Cardiff, so it's a good thing the weather's been so nice aaah it's all going to shit now.

TIMED THIS WELL.

Weekends are the bane of my existence. 8 bloody quid to get home in a taxi, and no takeaways open at 0410 that are still delivering, even though they say they're open until 0430.
All I wanted was a pizza :(

Danj

Weekends are the bane of my existence. 8 bloody quid to get home in a taxi, and no takeaways open at 0410 that are still delivering, even though they say they're open until 0430.
All I wanted was a pizza :(

There's always Dominos, aren't they open till 5 these days?

cjp

Is anyone here an organ donor? I just signed up today.

Do they send out cards in the post or do you have to specifically request? Not that's essential, just curious.

EDIT: Oh, and what about my driving licence? Do I need a new one with the 115 organ donor code on it? Hm.

The_Poet

Banned

Do they send out cards in the post or do you have to specifically request? Not that's essential, just curious.

EDIT: Oh, and what about my driving licence? Do I need a new one with the 115 organ donor code on it? Hm.

I signed up for it when I registered to a new doctor after I moved. I havn't recieved a card or anything but I remember getting a leaflet/letter about it a few months ago.

So basically I have no idea

NinjaBoiX

I had a Spar £3 meal deal at 4:30 this morning; smoked ham and cheese wrap, a bag of beef Hula Hoops and a strawberry and banana smoothie.

One half of the wrap was quite tasty, the other half was vile. I'm not even sure how that would happen.

I'm an organ donor, but I just ticked the box when I got a Boots card 14 years ago, so I hope I'm carrying that if I get hit by a bus (in a way that kills me but somehow leaves my organs in a usable condition), because I never received any other kind of confirmation.

Let's face it, we should switch to opt-out to make sure lazy fuckers like myself are included.

Be grateful it wasn't a Pepsi you were after, you could've been institutionalised.

Ahaha, I've never heard that before.

I don't think anyone could be drunk or desperate enough to eat a dominos pizza.

Too expensive for a not so great pizza :(

Pizza may seem like a great idea at 430 but really it isn't.

Yeah, I always regret it when I wake up hungover and all I can smell is garlic sauce.

I had a Spar £3 meal deal at 4:30 this morning; smoked ham and cheese wrap, a bag of beef Hula Hoops and a strawberry and banana smoothie.

One half of the wrap was quite tasty, the other half was vile. I'm not even sure how that would happen.

Luck of the draw I guess. The smoothie sounds good though.

I'm an organ donor, but I just ticked the box when I got a Boots card 14 years ago, so I hope I'm carrying that if I get hit by a bus (in a way that kills me but somehow leaves my organs in a usable condition), because I never received any other kind of confirmation.

Let's face it, we should switch to opt-out to make sure lazy fuckers like myself are included.

I got a flimsy little blue card when I chose to be a donor, and it may be on my provisional licence too, not sure though. I also got a flimsy little red one for giving blood.
I think that it should be opt out too, its not like we need the organs when we're dead, and someone else might.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
for a brief spell, my spirit was

Well I am glad you are rejuvenated.

Now that I'm home and mostly recovered from yesterday's madness I can finally say:

• One more month until I move out of Devon for university! :D
  • Also, welcome back to Afoni. Missed you around here... well I did at least.
  • Watch Guardians of the Galaxy guys and girls. A ton of fun with some great serious scenes. Also Chris Pratt <3
  • Fantastic night out last night. Including seeing a really close friend who I hadn't seen in a while.
  • Although I now have fuck all in terms of money until Tuesday.
  • Welcome back from the Holiday sploats. Sounds like you had a fun time :D.

Exciting...how excited are you to start uni?

And thanks, yes, it was great fun. Just what we needed.

Guardians of the Galaxy is legit. The a-hole line still made me cringe as much as it did in the trailers though, so awful, like someone saying lol.

Had a trailer for the Hobbit at the start and man, what. What are they even adapting at this point? The first film was pretty terrible but there was at least some hobbit in between all the terrible fanfiction stuff, now it just seems to be pure fanfiction.

Isn't it just? I don't understand what Peter Jackson is going for with those films. If it's meant to be a light spin on the Lord of the Rings films, then why is it going to be a total of around 9 hours long? Why have dark moments? If it's going to be a full epic, how can you do that with such thin source material? Is it meant to be a kids' film? It doesn't feel like a kids film to me, just like an amateur take on the original Lord of the Rings trilogy. I really don't get it. It feels like the product of a series of bad decisions.

24 hours a day, sir :D

I don't think anyone could be drunk or desperate enough to eat a dominos pizza.

I deserve to be shamed, but Dominos is my favourite pizza. Even more than posh pizza.

---

PS really 'enjoying' the Last of Us so far. It feels like a sincere attempt to tackle ludonarrative dissonance (yes, I know we're not meant to use that word).

Too right! Shit is overpriced and bland. Pizzas from your local takeaway or Indian are tastier and cheaper. Plus they do cray toppings like doner and chicken korma.

This man knows what he's talking about. Ordering Dominos is an admission that you have no idea how to use your money wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom