• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just in case. I've inadvertently insulted quite a few people this week both on the interwebz and in RL.

Classics include: "You're definitely a four finger kind of girl" and "Anyone who laughs at Big Bang Theory is a fucking retard... you do? Ah."

Oh man I got caught by the BBT trap the other day as well. Now I know better though, and just politely mumble something about how Community has a more sympathetic view of autism and nerd culture and then move on quickly.

Marc

Jordan,

I don't know what sort of response you were looking for to your post, but I'm not going to rise to the bait and bite back. Instead, I'll just thank you. It was a much-needed kick up the arse. I apologise if me being a member on NeoGAF has made you detest coming here. I will do whatever steps necessary to make it so you actually enjoy posting here, whether it means stop being a miserable cunt or stop posting here altogether.

It's been bought to my attention by two other BritGAF members that I should seek some professional help. I was trying as hard as possible to avoid going down that route but, as mentioned, it's clear to others - not just on NeoGAF either - that I need to just accept that I can't continue the way I am. It's not good for me, it's not good for others around me. This much is clear as proven by not only you not wanting to be here anymore, but also by jimbor taking a ban to voice his opinion of me. On the subject of jimbor, I would like to point out that I had nothing to do with his ban. I didn't report him, I didn't even PM any other members about it. It was just unfortunate that he got banned.

With regards to the advice given to me by yourself and by others, I do take it on board in my own way. It may seem like I'm unappreciative and flat out ignoring it, but I'm not. I'm really not. Fact of the matter is, I have a social disorder. I've only ever spoke to one person on this forum about it and why I am the way I am. I will not be going in to it in here for numerous reasons, all I can do is apologise if I've ever pissed anyone off with my attitude and outlook on life - and let's face it, there's enough evidence to say that I have pissed many of you off. I've tried telling myself I don't have the power or capability to change who I am. Truth is, I need to change who I am or else I'll just bury myself deeper in this hole.

Anyway, yeah, I just wanted to put my 0.02 forward here. Again, I thank you for posting and having your say. As stupid as it sounds, I genuinely appreciate it and I will be doing whatever I can to try and improve various aspects of my life. Peace out.

A very mature, measured, and positive minded response which is a very good sign if you are having any issues.

I would personally say it is incredibly hard to judge people over the internet as people change quite a bit sometimes, but well done for looking at it in a positive way.

Wish you the best in any steps you take to improve your mental/social state.

JedEye - You are a Community fan? Awesome! I have never met anyone in England who has even heard of it.

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
A very mature, measured, and positive minded response which is a very good sign if you are having any issues.

I would personally say it is incredibly hard to judge people over the internet as people change quite a bit sometimes, but well done for looking at it in a positive way.

Wish you the best in any steps you take to improve your mental/social state.

JedEye - You are a Community fan? Awesome! I have never met anyone in England who has even heard of it.

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Hell yeah man! Been into it since the first season, love that shit with all my hearts. Must be a few other BGAFers into it too, I'm sure Mike watches it. It was my favourite for a long time until I discovered Parks and Rec. I try to spread it out to my friends as well, I give the season one boxset to anyone who tells me they like BBT.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man I got caught by the BBT trap the other day as well. Now I know better though, and just politely mumble something about how Community has a more sympathetic view of autism and nerd culture and then move on quickly.

It's the references in place of, y'know, comedy, too. Fine in conversation, not on my scripted TV. That abomination 'Paul' had a similar problem.

What is this thing you humans call "Community"?

Catchy isn't necessarily a good thing. AIDS, for instance, is quite catchy.

EDIT: I'm teasing, squire. :)

This had me rolling with laughter

Just in case. I've inadvertently insulted quite a few people this week both on the interwebz and in RL.

Classics include: "You're definitely a four finger kind of girl" and "Anyone who laughs at Big Bang Theory is a fucking retard... you do? Ah."

So many times I've wanted to say this to BBT fans, but I bite my tongue

I don't know what sort of response you were looking for to your post

I don't think he was looking for a response, but if he was that would probably have been pretty close. I think that may be one of the best posts I've seen from you. Please don't let it be a one off.

And when responding to other people's posts seeming to be taking a bite out of you remember one thing, DFTT - Don't Feed The Trolls.

Symphonia

Banned
Please don't let it be a one off.
It most certainly won't be.

I owe you a great deal. You've been the one to give me the most advice and all I've ever done is be a complete cunt and make it seem that I'm completely unappreciative of it when, in reality, I feel the complete opposite. In fact, I owe the entirety of BritGAF a lot as they've taken the time and effort to read my posts and try to help me, which is more than what some people in my life outside the internet have done. So, once more, thank you.

NinjaBoiX

Cyanide - fair play for that post, get your head right man. I hope you get yourself sorted out.

Screaming Meat - watch Community, it's great.

"You're a right cunt"

"What did you say?"

"I said, You alright blud?"
Haha, that reminds me of a t-shirt I got from Affleck Palace last time I was in Manchester:

grcDrel.jpg

The fabric is of questionable quality and the fit is terrible, but £5 is a small price to pay for such a culturally insightful print.
By the time that came around they had lost everything that made them interesting, I first heard Major Force in 90/91 I think and they were astonishing but then they left and Shadow came and went and it was Lavelle's vanity project, IMO.

Major Force (Hiroshi & K.U.D.O.) - Return of the Original Artform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryBVFWd-pxg
Wow, this was top banana 8bit, nice work!

It most certainly won't be.

I owe you a great deal. You've been the one to give me the most advice and all I've ever done is be a complete cunt and make it seem that I'm completely unappreciative of it when, in reality, I feel the complete opposite. In fact, I owe the entirety of BritGAF a lot as they've taken the time and effort to read my posts and try to help me, which is more than what some people in my life outside the internet have done. So, once more, thank you.

Remember, we are not out to get you.

Symphonia

Banned
Remember, we are not out to get you.
I know, mate, you were all just trying to help me. I was too blinded my own self-importance to see that, though, but I want you all to know that I genuinely do appreciate everything you and everyone else has said. I was advised by someone on here who shall remain anonymous that if I ever feel like shit, instead of coming on here to vent like I have in the past, I should just grab my iPod and go for a walk. Just walk and keep on walking and don't look back until my head is clear. It's sound advice and something I will be taking on board from now on.

TCRS

Banned
Does IT crowd get any better? I've watched three episodes now, a laugh here and there but other than that it's kind of lame...

Mikeside

I certainly am a community fan.

Cy, if you're serious I wish you the best of luck. Let's not let the past drag, there's no ill will, just frustration when you drag yourself and others down. Please find a professional to talk to, it certainly helped me & I think you'll find it helps you figure out who you are and will get you on the right path to sort your issues.

Listen to my boyz, Radiohead for advice.
"every day in every way, I am getting better and better"

Make that your motto and your aim. Do good things when you can and do nothing when you can't.

Edit: Also, sunscreen

And please notice how supportive we can be when you're willing to help yourself. That's all I ask and, to be honest, if you're really doing that, I hope you know I'm always here to give support. I hope people realize I actually mean that by now, I don't offer what I won't give.

8bit

Knows the Score
Does IT crowd get any better? I've watched three episodes now, a laugh here and there but other than that it's kind of lame...

Watch either the episode "The Work Outing" or "Are We Not Men?", if you don't like those it's not for you.

I know, mate, you were all just trying to help me. I was too blinded my own self-importance to see that, though, but I want you all to know that I genuinely do appreciate everything you and everyone else has said. I was advised by someone on here who shall remain anonymous that if I ever feel like shit, instead of coming on here to vent like I have in the past, I should just grab my iPod and go for a walk. Just walk and keep on walking and don't look back until my head is clear. It's sound advice and something I will be taking on board from now on.

Good man.

Even being a little more positive will help wonders. It frustrated me because we were trying to help you and you were oblivious to it.

IT Crowd has some of my favourite comedy moments in it. The Dictionary Corner cameo in Final Countdown is one, but more than anything... turning round to see a certain barman in The Work Outing. Oh man, wonderful timing.

Symphonia

Banned
Cy, if you're serious I wish you the best of luck. Let's not let the past drag, there's no ill will, just frustration when you drag yourself and others down. Please find a professional to talk to, it certainly helped me & I think you'll find it helps you figure out who you are and will get you on the right path to sort your issues.
Mate, I'm serious. You saw me at the meet, most of you did, you know I can actually be decent and have a laugh when I'm not being such a depressing cunt. I liked how I was that night, I want to be like that every day without having to resort to being drunk to do so. It will take a lot of work but, ultimately, it will be worth it.

Son Of D

Good to hear. The going for a walk with an iPod is a great idea as well. I did that a lot a couple of years ago when life was at it's worst for me even if it meant just leaving the house at early hours of the morning because I couldn't sleep due to things on my mind. I know that we don't really know each other that much but if you ever do feel the need to vent but don't want to post it in the topic you can always send me a PM.

Addnan

It's along similar lines. The problem with starting it now is that you are probably going in expecting way too much since the hype.

Mikeside

Good to hear. The going for a walk with an iPod is a great idea as well. I did that a lot a couple of years ago when life was at it's worst for me even if it meant just leaving the house at early hours of the morning because I couldn't sleep due to things on my mind. I know that we don't really know each other that much but if you ever do feel the need to vent but don't want to post it in the topic you can always send me a PM.

I remember my first real breakup. I did exactly this and ended up walking to the woods where we had a picnic date. I left my house around midnight and sat for hours considering everything that happened and why. Ended up getting home almost 12 hours later with my head and heart a lot clearer. Still hurt like a bitch

Symphonia

Banned
Good man.

Even being a little more positive will help wonders. It frustrated me because we were trying to help you and you were oblivious to it.
See, I was completely fucking wrong. None of you are out to get me, like I feel sometimes, you're actually doing what you can to help and advise me. I really do appreciate it, guys, it means a lot to me.

/sap

8bit

Knows the Score
That's why I never watch German shows. All of them seem to be stuck in the 80s and 90s, they're so cheesy. And the German public broadcaster (ARD) has a higher budget than the BBC.. embarassing.

I've never watched much more than Space Night.

Symphonia

Banned
Good on you Cyanide. Hope you get things sorted out, just remember you got friends here - PM if you want.
I know I have friends here, mane, more now than ever. I just need to try and get through this depressive stage. I might be jobless but I'm fucking alive. That's something to be happy about, right? And like Jordan said, I have the unconditional love of my daughter. Nothing on Earth can ever top that feeling of knowing no matter what, I'll always have my little girl there for me.

Hystzen

I called many people who mention liking BBT a idiot then tell them to watch a comedy that does not spell out the joke for them.

like Archer, Community, Parks and Recs, Always Sunny heck i would even put New Girl as quick clever sometimes

afoni

Banned
New Girl does have its moments. A lot of those moments were early on though.

I say this as someone who has watched about 5 episodes.

Mikeside

I called many people who mention liking BBT a idiot then tell them to watch a comedy that does not spell out the joke for them.

like Archer, Community, Parks and Recs, Always Sunny heck i would even put New Girl as quick clever sometimes

I love all the shows you've mentioned. Community s1 and 2 and Parks and Recs in particular. Really heartwarming, quirky comedy.

BBT isn't clever or challenging, but it's comfortable. Much like later seasons of The US Office.

Not that I really need to defend it, but yeah... I think the hate can be a bit snobby sometimes, it's just a show.

Qasiel

I love all the shows you've mentioned. Community s1 and 2 and Parks and Recs in particular. Really heartwarming, quirky comedy.

BBT isn't clever or challenging, but it's comfortable. Much like later seasons of The US Office.

Not that I really need to defend it, but yeah... I think the hate can be a bit snobby sometimes, it's just a show.

This is exactly the description of BBT I've been looking for. It's perfect for having on in the background when you're eating your dinner and making slight conversation, but it's not exactly something I'd kick myself for having missed it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I remember my first real breakup. I did exactly this and ended up walking to the woods where we had a picnic date. I left my house around midnight and sat for hours considering everything that happened and why. Ended up getting home almost 12 hours later with my head and heart a lot clearer. Still hurt like a bitch

emowallpaper56.jpg

:p

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
CHEEZMO™;98138669 said:
BritGAF feels like a very "personality disorder-y" place lately.
Gee Officer Krupke, what do you think is the reason for our delinquency?

Or rather your delinquency I should say since it's purely your side of the Atlantic that has recently been going crazy, we're always nuts over here.

Rich!

Is it bad to still feel regret over a relationship that ended seven years ago?

Never got over that certain person. Maybe that's something others here can relate to? I dunno. She was perfect, we were perfect. I fucked up.

ah well.

edit: and looking at this photo, god she was hot.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Stop dwelling. It was never as good as you remember it. Just a fantasy your brain conjures to make you feel better. Finding something new will help you see the error of your ways.

Rich!

Stop dwelling. It was never as good as you remember it. Just a fantasy your brain conjures to make you feel better. Finding something new will help you see the error of your ways.

ahh, but it was as good as I remember. We had exactly the same tastes, same views, same humour, we had an amazing two years and she was beautiful. But I, and I alone, fucked it up. oops.

Everyone has a regret in their life, and this is mine.

Qasiel

This reads like something I read in the drunk thread not too long ago.

Have you seen anyone else in the interim? Dwelling on the things that could have been isn't healthy, man, and it also doesn't change things. This is the voice of experience talking.

Rich!

This reads like something I read in the drunk thread not too long ago.

Have you seen anyone else in the interim? Dwelling on the things that could have been isn't healthy, man, and it also doesn't change things. This is the voice of experience talking.

well. I went through a run afterwards of a few in the same year. Whether it was a rebound to and from or not I'm not sure - I just went crazy. let me count (counting sexual relations here)

dawn
polya
kate
becky
louise
penelope
tilda
emma
chloe

so that's 9

and then finally my next girlfriend who I stayed with from 2007 up until last month who I have a child with.

so yeah, 10 girls since her. And the girl I slept with a couple of weeks back. And even so, I still think back to this one girl. There's just been noone else like her, and probably never will be.

Qasiel

The only thing I can suggest is that rather than feel regret, appreciate the time you had together and take it as a learning experience. You can just as easily feel the way you did about that girl with another but this time you'll know where you went wrong.

Life's all about making choices and dealing with the consequences, but you learn from the mistakes you make and by doing so become a better person.

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out between you and your child's mother, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom