• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time someone mentions 2006 I think Elder Scrolls Oblivion, really warm summer, Duke of Edinburgh Award. Then I remember all of that was eight years ago.

Oh man.

I got a PC in 2006 specifically so I could play Oblivion. Had so much fun with it, even if it only had four voice actors besides Sean Bean and Patrick Stewart. Never have I feared and respected law enforcement so much as the Guards in Oblivion. They would follow you to the ends of the earth, stalking you through forests, mountains and rivers, just because you accidentally stole a spoon. "Stop right there, criminal scum!"

Oh man.

I got a PC in 2006 specifically so I could play Oblivion. Had so much fun with it, even if it only had four voice actors besides Sean Bean and Patrick Stewart. Never have I feared and respected law enforcement so much as the Guards in Oblivion. They would follow you to the ends of the earth, stalking you through forests, mountains and rivers, just because you accidentally stole a spoon. "Stop right there, criminal scum!"

I spent months playing it, exploring the wilds, drinking in taverns, stealing possessions. Then one day the graphics card I'd put into my crappy off the shelf Dell went up in a poof of smoke, leaving me with an ancient GPU that couldn't cope with the game. It would be 18 months before I could return upon buying a new PC.

Oh man.

Then walked through a door and auto-saved, three hours after your last proper save ;_;

Come on, this must have happened to everyone at some point.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
qkRnHOE.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
eightbitnate?
I miss nate's old avatar, it was pretty cool. GIF just felt appropriate for how nonsensical life is right now. Massive life changes plus the end of summer / start of fall limbo.

Speaking of, how are you doing? Hope you feel a little better about the kitty cat.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Oh shit. That was you then. I didn't want to say anything since I wasn't sure that it was you.

Woops, sorry about that.

It's cool brah, sorry I haven't been in touch, my phone is shit and I had this scavenger hunt with some other members of NeoGAF.com

Next time I get some cash we shall go for a beveraginie

Hystzen

Man last of us remaster (lol can't say word remaster with straight face for this game it barely improved) is £40 while Metro Redux is 2 games both redone from scratch is £30 on PS4

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Man last of us remaster (lol can't say word remaster with straight face for this game it barely improved) is £40 while Metro Redux is 2 games both redone from scratch is £30 on PS4

Last of us has a stronger brand / more hype / more fans. So they probably market researched the hell out of that price.

I miss nate's old avatar, it was pretty cool. GIF just felt appropriate for how nonsensical life is right now. Massive life changes plus the end of summer / start of fall limbo.

Speaking of, how are you doing? Hope you feel a little better about the kitty cat.

Which one

NinjaBoiX

I'm surprised at the amount of people who actually use that "search my username" function on here (I'm guessing that's what got Nate's spidey sense tingling), seems like a fairly pointless, self-obsessed exercise to me.

strafer
Yoshichan
SquiddyCracker
Funky Papa
Riggs

*ahem*

SmokyDave

Barely improved? I'm guessing you haven't played one of the two versions. Just the IQ and motion resolution alone is worth £40!

Can't fucking wait for GTA V: R.

afoni

Banned
Current gen remasters just stink of that PC master race shit. The only money I spend on remasters will be spent on remasters of games I haven't played.

At least GTAV is coming to PC.

strafer

I'm surprised at the amount of people who actually use that "search my username" function on here (I'm guessing that's what got Nate's spidey sense tingling), seems like a fairly pointless, self-obsessed exercise to me.

strafer
Yoshichan
SquiddyCracker
Funky Papa
Riggs

*ahem*

I'm not sure what you mean by this? :p

Hystzen

Barely improved? I'm guessing you haven't played one of the two versions. Just the IQ and motion resolution alone is worth £40!

It's barely improved, it is improved as much as TombRaider basically few touch ups. At least Tomb Raider avoided word remaster just put definitive version. It no where near worth £40 for a game that was released last year.

GTA is interesting if they actually add more heists or new content it be worth double dipping at launch.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

strafer
Yoshichan
SquiddyCracker
Funky Papa
Riggs

*ahem*

ARE THEY BRITISH IF NOT WHY ARE THEY POSTING HERE

Minj stop bringing the weirdos in here

God I'm bored

IF THEY'RE NOT BRITISH THEY SHOULDN'T BE POSTING HERE I DON'T WANT THEM IN HERE MAKE THEM GO AWAY

In all honestariliness, TLOU is worth £40 whatever the weather. I'm just glad I got to play it (not being daft here).

Based Sony, dat 60fps, banderas.gif, yadda yadda yadda (now being daft).

The_Poet

Banned

strafer
Yoshichan
SquiddyCracker
Funky Papa
Riggs

*ahem*

It flags up people that quoted you so you can keep arguing, or if you ask a question and get a response. I don't think people do it to see if someone is talking about them

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

strafer
Yoshichan
SquiddyCracker
Funky Papa
Riggs

*ahem*
I take offense by what you just said.

I am being quoted on a daily basis because I go into discussions/fights with people. When I wake up the next morning, it's hard to remember all the threads that I've been having a discussion in. So to keep up (by using this function) will allow me to go back on track.

I expected better from you, sir. You're a good poster around here.

Vashetti

Banned

Honestly?

I haven't grieved at all. I keep waiting for that moment where I break down but it hasn't happened yet.

Took him to the vet to be put down, 40 minutes later I'm in work at Co-op getting on with my day.

As I don't live with my parents, I expect it'll happen when I visit them, as it'll hit me there that he's not going to be around to jump on my lap or just be walking about the house.

SmokyDave

It's barely improved, it is improved as much as TombRaider basically few touch ups. At least Tomb Raider avoided word remaster just put definitive version. It no where near worth £40 for a game that was released last year.

GTA is interesting if they actually add more heists or new content it be worth double dipping at launch.
Eh, I thought TR:DE was worth the money too. I guess I just like stretching my new consoles legs, and I know these games are good.

In all honestariliness, TLOU is worth £40 whatever the weather. I'm just glad I got to play it (not being daft here).

Based Sony, dat 60fps, banderas.gif, yadda yadda yadda (now being daft).
I like you, sploat. You're good people. If you ever need a favour, I probably won't be able to help. I'll feel bad that I let you down though.

Hystzen

Eh, I thought TR:DE was worth the money too. I guess I just like stretching my new consoles legs, and I know these games are good.

I'm not against re releases on PS4 etc just think pricing needs be looked at. Think last game I bought for PS4 was Dynasty warriors 8 complete. I'm waiting for Dragon Age 3, Ass Creed and maybe Metro if feel like it.

Still kind of content with BF4 as main ps4 game only got it for £15 due to voucher from ps3 version I only paid £10 brand new.

SmokyDave

Hey Dave do you have a Vita Slim (2000)?
Nah, mines a launch day 1000 unit.

I'm not against re releases on PS4 etc just think pricing needs be looked at. Think last game I bought for PS4 was Dynasty warriors 8 complete. I'm waiting for Dragon Age 3, Ass Creed and maybe Metro if feel like it.

Still kind of content with BF4 as main ps4 game only got it for £15 due to voucher from ps3 version I only paid £10 brand new.
I have a silly amount of PS4 games for a dude that doesn't have time to play his PS4. Fuck knows why I keep buying 'em. I've been forcing my way through Watch Dogs and it's painfully bland.

That's it, keep the smelly Americans out of here.

Except for ones we like, like Darren870, donkey show and seanspeed.

Oooh speaking of, Darren did you ever say hi to that girl you thought looked like me? I asked my sister where she was and she said she's staying in Alphington.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never use it because I assume I'm always the word of everybody's lips

I never use it because no one outside of BritGaf knows who I am. I post outside of here and just get in arguments and accused of being sexist, so best if I don't.

I think EviLore uses it. Let's try....

Hey EviLore, how's it going?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've never used it. I'm like a secret agent who went deep undercover and then everyone forgot. But I'll finish my mission. I can remember my mission.

How long does it take to get into an MP game of tlou? Bloody hell.

Volotaire

I always use the search my username function, it's just easy to track replies to the threads I post in. I post in a lot of threads and a few communities so I'd forget otherwise.

Volotaire

Grand Budapest Hotel was a bit marvellous.

Absolutely fantastic film , one of my favourites this year. It helped that I didn't know anything the film beforehand. The cinematography is fantastic with Wes Anderson's trademark symmetrical camera angles. A perfect mix of comedy and dark social commentary. It took time to grow on me for the first 10 minutes or so, but I love unorthodox structured films.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely fantastic film , one of my favourites this year. It helped that I didn't know anything the film beforehand. The cinematography is fantastic with Wes Anderson's trademark symmetrical camera angles. A perfect mix of comedy and dark social commentary. It took time to grow on me for the first 10 minutes or so, but I love unorthodox structured films.

All I know is I was sad when it ended. :)

I concur. Really wasn't looking forward to seeing it as was Wes Anderson-ed out. A pleasant surprise and probably my favourite of his.

Ralph Fiennes made it.

Couldn't agree more. He had some cracking dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom