• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaddon

Hey BritGAF, after Tashbrooke's freshers thread I thought I'd introduce myself here too.

When is your birthday: 7th May
Where do you live: Norfolk but also Nottingham most of the time, due to university
Where are you from: Worcester
What do you do: Student
What is your quest: To obtain the Marvelous Compass from the Waffle Kingdom
Favourite actor/actress: Rik Mayall
Favourite band/artist: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Favourite TV show: Red Dwarf
Favourite crisps: Sensations
Favourite biscuit: Hobnobs
Least favourite Pokémon: Jynx
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalactites
How do you cut your sandwiches: I often don't, I just clumsily attempt to pick up the whole thing

What's with the Jynx hate? This is the second time recently someone's said Jynx is their least favourite pokemon. Why not a shitty pokemon like Lickitung or Goldeen? Jynx is an alright pokemon ya hear.

Welcome to BritGAF by the way.

Reknoc

What's with the Jynx hate? This is the second time recently someone's said Jynx is their least favourite pokemon. Why not a shitty pokemon like Lickitung or Goldeen? Jynx is an alright pokemon ya hear.

'cause she's black innit, they're just racists.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
LG_G3_1.png

my body is ready

Vashetti

Banned
It'll be a clusterfuck of screaming and recrimination. Have you ever been to a shop on opening day? Ouch. Fat women as far as the eye can see, hunting for bargains and bogofs, yelling at their horrible piece of shit kids. Scumbags in hoodies trying to steal shit. Staff not knowing which way is up yet. Technical difficulties.

But dude, it's working in a shop not rocket science. If you struggle and can't do this then you may as well just give up on life.

Are you a stockroom wanker or a till mong? Working in the freezer is the apex of supermarket work. Freedom from customers, endless boxes, good times.

All went well. Just finished my eight hour shift.

We're all new, but even now you can pinpoint those who are lazier than others, making it look like they are doing something when really they are just stalling, not speaking to anyone and hanging around the back as much as possible.

I've made sure to get stuck in, speak to as many of my colleagues as possible and have already made some great friends.

Being on the till was awesome, but annoying as any age-restricted product (cigarettes, alcohol, etc.) had to have one of our higher-ups put a code in for us as we're still technically in training. So as you can imagine, having potentially one customer right after another buying that kind of product, it gets really frustrating to keep asking for them to do it for us.

I'm also useless at cigarette brands so finding them on the shelf is a nightmare.

We had one guy try stealing whiskey twice which was fun.

Majority of customers were really polite though and most seemed delighted this store was opening in their area, so I think it's going to be really popular and we're likely to see our hours increased.

Right now we're all on crazy overtime, but once it settles down we'll be on 16-hour (week) contracts.

Hey BritGAF, after Tashbrooke's freshers thread I thought I'd introduce myself here too.

Where do you live: Norfolk but also Nottingham most of the time, due to university
How do you cut your sandwiches: I often don't, I just clumsily attempt to pick up the whole thing

Welcome Vaddon! Can I get you a drink?

Volotaire

Sensations certainly are rad.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You'll get the hang of it Vashetti. That's awesome that you are starting at the beginning of a new store opening up. I'm sure you'll have a great time with your coworkers and all the overtime at the start is pretty damn sweet, rare for base employees to get that so savor it while it lasts.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I'm liking the walking dead game but I'm not a great decision maker. Should I take the supplies from the car or just leave them? Halp.

Vaddon

Haha, I have to be honest, my pokemon knowledge is very limited. I just put down the first one I could remember that I didn't particularly like. And thanks!

Welcome Vaddon! Can I get you a drink?

Thank you! I'm alright for drinks though, think I'll wait until my third year at university begins. :p

Sensations certainly are rad.

Yep, they sure are! (And thanks a lot for offering to answer any questions I had about econ his in the other thread!)

Vashetti

Banned
I'm liking the walking dead game but I'm not a great decision maker. Should I take the supplies from the car or just leave them? Halp.

I don't want to shatter your illusions, but I think it's best you know that your decisions don't make a great deal of difference and that the the devs are always pushing you down a linear path with some minor differences.

I learnt that the hard way after playing the game on PS3 and then again on Vita, picking different choices. The game gives the illusion of big decisions and big consequences, but ultimately, you'll be going in the same direction as everyone else.

So I got Trine free on Plus earlier in the year and I just got round to playing it. It's pretty good! Would recommend to any other Brit-Plus-Gaffers who just download every free game every month.

It's like a puzzle-platformer where you can switch between three characters with different abilities. The puzzles usually involve pressing a switch or getting over a gap, but there feels like quite a bit of freedom in how to progress. Every time I complete a puzzle I think "that's probably not how you were meant to solve that one",

Mr. Sam

I don't want to shatter your illusions, but I think it's best you know that your decisions don't make a great deal of difference and that the the devs are always pushing you down a linear path with some minor differences.

I learnt that the hard way after playing the game on PS3 and then again on Vita, picking different choices. The game gives the illusion of big decisions and big consequences, but ultimately, you'll be going in the same direction as everyone else.

It's best played once - with the blinders on. Besides, some of the little differences do matter in and of themselves.

NinjaBoiX

Choices don't matter anyway so just go ahead it makes bioware choices look deep and impactful
Also, try and imagine it's not the most dull, overhyped, hackneyed, badly coded piece of shit that anyone ever told you was worth your time. Fuck me, that game is hot garbage.

I mean, plenty of games are, but quite how such a poorly conceived, shoddily constructed piece of software garnered such acclaim is beyond me.

stoplikingwhatidontlike.jpg

jimbor

Banned

Your favourite actor is dead.

Someone found this on the ground outside:

At least he has nice handwriting and can still afford a pen and paper.

Very hungover this morning. Red wine and beer last night on my fourth night drinking. Far too old for this shit and am also out tonight.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Haha, I have to be honest, my pokemon knowledge is very limited. I just put down the first one I could remember that I didn't particularly like. And thanks!

Thank you! I'm alright for drinks though, think I'll wait until my third year at university begins. :p

Yep, they sure are! (And thanks a lot for offering to answer any questions I had about econ his in the other thread!)

Hi!

Mighty Aphrodite?

APHRODITE I ASKED YOU TO REMOVE MY MONOBROW I DID NOT WANT A FULL ARCH. ZEUS IS DISPLEASED

12pm to 8pm shift yesterday. 9am to 6pm shift today.

I'm dying. Help.

You can do it!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
All went well. Just finished my eight hour shift.

We're all new, but even now you can pinpoint those who are lazier than others, making it look like they are doing something when really they are just stalling, not speaking to anyone and hanging around the back as much as possible.

I've made sure to get stuck in, speak to as many of my colleagues as possible and have already made some great friends.

Being on the till was awesome, but annoying as any age-restricted product (cigarettes, alcohol, etc.) had to have one of our higher-ups put a code in for us as we're still technically in training. So as you can imagine, having potentially one customer right after another buying that kind of product, it gets really frustrating to keep asking for them to do it for us.

I'm also useless at cigarette brands so finding them on the shelf is a nightmare.

We had one guy try stealing whiskey twice which was fun.

Majority of customers were really polite though and most seemed delighted this store was opening in their area, so I think it's going to be really popular and we're likely to see our hours increased.

Right now we're all on crazy overtime, but once it settles down we'll be on 16-hour (week) contracts.

Well done man :) my first job was working at a supermarket too, I look back on it with a mixture of fondness and horror. It will give you a healthy disdain for the general public and it will make you more sympathetic of retail workers for the rest of your life. And sometimes you will go around other shops facing up and you will want to slit your wrists.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Welcome! Nottingham uni or a Trent bastard? ;)

Why is Son of D banned? He's lovely :'(

Hobohodo

Hey BritGAF, I like pretty much never post here but as I'm sure a few of you have just been accepted in to Uni this year just wanna check something.

So when I applied to Uni 4 years ago you would apply for up to 5 places but then only pick between 2 places as your 1st and 2nd choice, essentially throwing away anything to do with the 3 you didn't pick.

Now my brother is going to be applying this year and whilst talking to him he seems to be convinced that 1st choice and 2nd choice means nothing as the Uni's you apply to can't see that information anyway and that if you get the results for any of the 5 you applied to, regardless of wether you made that Uni a 1st or 2nd choice, you will get in there.

So is this right? I mean I assume it's not as then why would anyone choose a 1st/2nd choice but thought I would ask as I didn't pay much attention to anything during my UCAS stuff and also I know how things are done can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom