• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

I was around islington Angel last year in halls. It was great (and even shorter walking distance), but I think this change will be good.

That's where I am right now, the girlf lives here. Though she's moving out to Reading in a month or two.

Lovely place.
Angel, that is. Not Reading.

NinjaBoiX

Guys (Mike, Daps and Mush), are you coming up for this meet at the end of the month or not? I'm not sure if you've booked tickets or what but this lack of communication is twisting my melon man!

The reason I need confirmation is that five staff have booked that weekend off at Mint Lounge and Eilidh needs one of us to come in. Joe put his request in last but he's going down to Sheffield. If you guys aren't coming that's cool, we'll do it another time, I'll go into work and everyone else can get their night off.

But if you are coming that's cool too, I just need to know!

Mikeside

Guys (Mike, Daps and Mush), are you coming up for this meet at the end of the month or not? I'm not sure if you've booked tickets or what but this lack of communication is twisting my melon man!

The reason I need confirmation is that five staff have booked that weekend off at Mint Lounge and Eilidh needs one of us to come in. Joe put his request in last but he's going down to Sheffield. If you guys aren't coming that's cool, we'll do it another time, I'll go into work and everyone else can get their night off.

Hey man, I said in the whatsapp that I'm in love Neil Flynn. Cannae wait!

NinjaBoiX

Hey man, I said in the whatsapp that I'm in love Neil Flynn. Cannae wait!
Sweet, so you and daps are defos then. Excellent. I'll keep the night off then, yiss! We can rely on sploat and the missus too, other than that it's a load of Manc maybes.

Musha, pull you finger out love, we're waiting on you.

jimbor

Banned

I thought it was the 23rd? I've already booked my ticket!

NinjaBoiX

Sorry but I'm probably not going to come. Rather not say in here but due to stuff discussed in Whatsapp.
gYhVLZw.gif

Fair enough mate, I understand.
I thought it was the 23rd? I've already booked my ticket!
Jimmy just come down, that thing with the missus will be super lame. Surely a class night out with your bros is worth an argument!

NinjaBoiX

I'm watching it through properly for the first time, I love it! Really smart, nerdy humour, stylish and energetic visuals and really offbeat, quirky storylines.

Brian is my hero.

6yqzdzI.jpg

yes bro...

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm watching it through properly for the first time, I love it! Really smart, nerdy humour, stylish and energetic visuals and really offbeat, quirky storylines.

Brian is my hero.

6yqzdzI.jpg

yes bro...

tumblr_mw2xzsNdlA1qbwxx1o1_400.gif

D'you know the last time I seen you you said you wished that I was your dad, and you hugged me for the entire length of the acid tweekin' funk mix of Josh Wink's Higher State of Consciousness and now you want me to ferry around your 'art' for you?!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Spaced is based

Just downloaded Fez from PS+
because Sploat keeps banging on about it

My initial reaction is something like this

TO9tDU7.jpg

Hahaha! Take it slow and absorb all the atmosphere! It takes a while before it starts to worm it's way into The Brain.

Not even worth it for free from PS+

I laugh in your face, crazy person!

-

I asked this before but are any Britgaffers getting ps4 Diablo? It'd be cool to have a semi regular co op gang. I think we already have 2 (me and another) but 4 would be a magic number. I am expecting no response to this, you shifty buggers.

Hahaha! Take it slow and absorb all the atmosphere! It takes a while before it starts to worm it's way into The Brain.

I asked this before but are any Britgaffers getting ps4 Diablo? It'd be cool to have a semi regular co op gang. I think we already have 2 (me and another) but 4 would be a magic number. I am expecting no response to this, you shifty buggers.

I like the style of it, the visuals and the music, and I can see how the perspective shifting makes for good puzzle platforming even if it is a mindmolester.

But there's a bunch of stuff that looks set to tire me out already. I really don't know if I have the motivation to figure out how to get the hidden cubes, or translate the alphabet or any of that.

I played for about two hours and got stuck at some bit with mine carts and bombs. I was trying to blow up splintered bits of the walls but they kept regenerating so I quit.

I usually try to avoid walkthroughs and figure something out myself but sometimes I run out of patience.

As for Diablo 3...I can't believe that still isn't out on PS4, despite being at the PS4 announcement itself in February 2013. I played it on PS3 and it was fun. But there seemed to be this odd cyclical thing to the game where you kept replaying it and boosting your stats and getting better loot until you can take on harder difficulties that are locked away until you beat it x amount of times.

The game is addictive so it justifies that somewhat but two playthroughs were enough for me tbh.

Vashetti

Banned
Had two shitty customers today.

#1: A "33" year old who I thought looked kind of young, so I ID'd him for cigarettes.

"m8 I'm 33, I've just come from the pub. Ur really gonna ID me?"

"I'm really sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult. You look quite young and I have to ID you if I think you look under 25. If I don't, I could face an on the spot fine and potentially lose my job."

"So ur really not gonna serve me?"

"If you don't have any ID, no."

*storms off*

#2 A woman and her teenage daughter. I didn't pack their bags, as I don't usually do unless I can clearly see they're unable to, or they ask me. Never had any issues.

She was very passive aggressive. Got to the payment point and I asked her to pop her pin number in, she replies "oh, I can't, as I have to pack my bags." She clearly could have done it whilst I was scanning her shopping, or she could have politely asked me and of course I would have.

Whilst waiting for the payment to clear, she turns to her daughter and says (loud enough so I can hear): "I wonder what the policy here is for them packing bags. I shall have to write a letter. Sometimes you get a good one who makes the effort."

I just smiled normally and said "Thank you! Bye!" which I'm sure must have irritated her more.

NinjaBoiX

The first is an entirely understandable response when a 30+ year old man is ID checked for cigarettes.

In the second instance, you should really ask the customer if they would like help with their packing at the point of sale. It's fairly standard procedure.

Good for you getting a job, but you sound a bit whiny and entitled about it if you don't mind me saying. Complaining about pretty normal 8-9 hour shifts, fairly innocuous interactions with customers and getting upset that someone expects you to do your job after barely a week doesn't bode well.

Suck it up man, this is life!

Vashetti

Banned
I only tend to mention the bad stuff because that's what is most memorable.

I couldn't be happier to have this job. I leave everyday and think 'wow, that was awesome'. I'm tired and sore everyday when I get in, but I can't wait till the next day so I can do it all over again.

I've made some great friends already and it's just a fantastic environment in general to work in. It may be a "shitty retail job" to some, but I feel do genuine pride in what I'm doing.

If I'm honest Ninj, I'm not trying to start anything but I have noticed over my time here that you seem to have a certain attitude when speaking to me or quoting me or whatever. Not sure if I've done anything to offend you, I know I'm not part of the 'clique' so maybe that it's it. I don't know.

I expect others will take your side, because of who you are and your presence in here, but I'm not trying to start anything or bring up the 'sides' notion regardless.

Think I'm going to take a break from this thread.

Good day/night all.

Mikeside

I only tend to mention the bad stuff because that's what is most memorable.

I couldn't be happier to have this job. I leave everyday and think 'wow, that was awesome'. I'm tired and sore everyday when I get in, but I can't wait till the next day so I can do it all over again.

I've made some great friends already and it's just a fantastic environment in general to work in. It may be a "shitty retail job" to some, but I feel do genuine pride in what I'm doing.

If I'm honest Ninj, I'm not trying to start anything but I have noticed over my time here that you seem to have a certain attitude when speaking to me or quoting me or whatever. Not sure if I've done anything to offend you, I know I'm not part of the 'clique' so maybe that it's it. I don't know.

I expect others will take your side, because of who you are and your presence in here, but I'm not trying to start anything or bring up the 'sides' notion regardless.

Think I'm going to take a break from this thread.

Good day/night all.

Lol.
I think you just need a thicker skin, mate.

afoni

Banned

i actually told him to fuck up in the whatsapp but you've not helped yourself here

NinjaBoiX

I'm just a bit of a dick Vashetti, even to the people I actually like.
i actually told him to fuck up in the whatsapp but you've not helped yourself here
u wot m8, i swer on me mum, etc

(No you didn't dude, don't try and act like Billy Big Bollocks just because you nearly kissed a girl.)

See?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Lol.
I think you just need a thicker skin, mate.
oh come on

I remember you got whiny more than a few times during the virgin mike era of BritGAF.

But by that same token, don't take it personal when you get opinions on your venting, Vashetti. Lest ye follow the path of Cynaide.

Mikeside

oh come on

I remember you got whiny more than a few times during the virgin mike era of BritGAF.

But by that same token, don't take it personal when you get opinions on your venting, Vashetti. Lest ye follow the path of Cynaide.

We've all had our twatty moments of taking things a bit personally.
Doesn't mean we shouldn't be called out on it.

AcridMeat

Banned
What the hell has been going on in here?

Brian is my hero.

6yqzdzI.jpg

yes bro...
How the hell are you just now getting to this.

Mother fuck.

The "art" episode is so fucking perfect. Peep Show and Spaced are two of the greatest shows ever.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I love this thread guys.

Good good peeps.

Especially afoni.

4FU6eoG.gif

I like this GIF!

I like the style of it, the visuals and the music, and I can see how the perspective shifting makes for good puzzle platforming even if it is a mindmolester.

But there's a bunch of stuff that looks set to tire me out already. I really don't know if I have the motivation to figure out how to get the hidden cubes, or translate the alphabet or any of that.

I played for about two hours and got stuck at some bit with mine carts and bombs. I was trying to blow up splintered bits of the walls but they kept regenerating so I quit.

I usually try to avoid walkthroughs and figure something out myself but sometimes I run out of patience.

As for Diablo 3...I can't believe that still isn't out on PS4, despite being at the PS4 announcement itself in February 2013. I played it on PS3 and it was fun. But there seemed to be this odd cyclical thing to the game where you kept replaying it and boosting your stats and getting better loot until you can take on harder difficulties that are locked away until you beat it x amount of times.

The game is addictive so it justifies that somewhat but two playthroughs were enough for me tbh.

Ah...if you don't have the patience for it, then it might not be much fun. if something has you stuck, it's probably best to go on a wander somewhere else - not everything can be solved straight away.

new manchester-based job tomorrow, eek. hope everyone respects my beard.

Everyone respects beards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom