• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
Wow! We got robbed twice today by the same guy.

Big black guy in a hood. Walked out with a £30-ish bottle of wine in a box, only caught him on CCTV. Then we were told to stay on alert, he walks in around 3 hours later, I'm on the till with a colleague and she says "James, a guy just walked in in a hood".

I go alert my team leader and we follow him around the store, he puts another £30 bottle of wine in his duffle bag and my team leader and another colleague waited him for him by the door.

Team leader says "Excuse me sir, can I take a look in your bag?"

"No, why would you want to do that?"

"We'd just like to take a look."

He pushes both of them out the way, bolts through the door and down the road. They follow and manage to get the number plate of the car he jumped into.

Crazy shit!

Volotaire

Big black guy in a hood. Walked out with a £30-ish bottle of wine in a box, only caught him on CCTV. Then we were told to stay on alert, he walks in around 3 hours later, I'm on the till with a colleague and she says "James, a guy just walked in in a hood".

I go alert my team leader and we follow him around the store, he puts another £30 bottle of wine in his duffle bag and my team leader and another colleague waited him for him by the door.

He pushes both of them out the way, bolts through the door and down the road. They follow and manage to get the number plate of the car he jumped into.

Crazy shit!

Sounds pretty fun for a work day!

Nerdkiller

Membeur

Crazy shit!
Twice by the same guy? I'm disappointed it didn't turn out to be this guy.

1384833849158.jpg

jimbor

Banned

Crazy shit!

Racist as well as self entitled and whiny.

Winning combination you've got there, chief.

SKINNER!

Banned

Very polite and friendly. Shame he didn't show you the bottle of wine otherwise you could've recommended him to go back into the store and steal a better one.

"You don't want that one. It's in a 2 for 1 deal. I strongly recommend the Merlot on the top shelf."

Hystzen

Was not expecting first words I hear today is my friend crawling back in bed waking me up and then she tells me "her piss smelled like Spam"

BrumGB

Crazy shit!

Sounds like an eventful / interesting workday, , not so much for your store losing £60 worth of goods mind you.

The things people would do for £60

SKINNER!

Banned
BritGAF |OT6| - "Y'all need Jesus"

BritGAF |OT6| - "Y'all need Jesus cus it reeks of spam piss up in here"

Speaking of spam piss, I've been playing around with Game Maker and dabbling into a bit of C++ (figured I'd start getting into game development as a hobby). Not promising anything but once I learned the skills if anyone is still up to make BritGAF the RPG (or any other type of game) then feel free to share ideas and stuff :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Speaking of spam piss, I've been playing around with Game Maker and dabbling into a bit of C++ (figured I'd start getting into game development as a hobby). Not promising anything but once I learned the skills if anyone is still up to make BritGAF the RPG (or any other type of game) then feel free to share ideas and stuff :)

I'm responding straight away because I love games and I've played lots and I am dead creative and really cool and stuff. Pick me!

The_Poet

Banned

I too have been dabbling with Game Maker. Still very novice but It'd be cool to do something in the future

I'm really torn about which university I want to complete my Masters at in the UK. I was accepted to a bunch of them (Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Swansea) for unemployment journalism/communication studies, but besides visiting Leeds (and liking it) I don't know the cities all that well, and I can't make out how much value I should place on rankings, russel group and all that stuff. Any advice?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm really torn about which university I want to complete my Masters at in the UK. I was accepted to a bunch of them (Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Swansea) for unemployment journalism/communication studies, but besides visiting Leeds (and liking it) I don't know the cities all that well, and I can't make out how much value I should place on rankings, russel group and all that stuff. Any advice?
Depends on what stage you're in. Have you got it, or have you lost it?

Real answer: go with leeds, I have heard from a lot of people that really love it.

Volotaire

Leeds is the most reputable , along with Sheffield. I'm not sure about journalism or English degrees though in terms or ranking though.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

I don't know much - well, bugger all - about journalism, but I have been to the cities.

Depends what you want.

The whole rich tapestry of life in all its aspects and in the raw? Sheffield or Newcastle.

Faded grandeur and wishful thinking? Leeds or Bournemouth.

Wales? Swansea.

Honestly, if you want to actually *do* some feet-on-the ground gritty journalism rather than just studying it I'd cross off Leeds and Bournemouth and go for any one of the others. Plus Bournemouth is a fucking vast nightmare for travelling around and Leeds there's nothing to actually travel to, at least the others have some life to them.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I also found myself not too keen on the company. It's absolutely tiny (<50 in several offices), which is very different to what I anticipated and hoped for (certainly compared to some of its competitors which I know of, employing over 150).

Don't necessarily reckon too much on the size of the company either.

Once upon a time I placed a fairly big (20 million dollar) contract with a tiny (20 person) and relatively unknown company in the USA. It was a hell of a sell for me internally to the big company I worked for, but the contract was spot on, and they could deliver it while the several competing companies - all of them big household names - just couldn't cut it.

Small company with something unique, and a bloody good leader is a damn good place to be, especially if you have stock options, which all of those 20 guys did who are now rich thanks to me!

Ferfooksake

Just been told that my contract has been extended till the end of September now. I wish these people would make their damn minds up.

Also had to sign a card this morning because someone I don't know in a different department is leaving. I look at the card and every possible variation of "best of luck" has been written, leaving me no choice but to go for the generic message as well, so I look like I just copied everyone else.

SKINNER!

Banned
Ferfooksake

Just been told that my contract has been extended till the end of September now. I wish these people would make their damn minds up.

Also had to sign a card this morning because someone I don't know in a different department is leaving. I look at the card and every possible variation of "best of luck" has been written, leaving me no choice but to go for the generic message as well, so I look like I just copied everyone else.

Ask for more money. If they tell you "No, lolol" then bail with that new job you applied for.

You did the right thing about the leaving card. At least you weren't asked to donate money. I'd be like "get the fuck out of here. You're lucky enough to get my signature you greedy bastards.".

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ferfooksake

you should have written 'choke on it u bitch' in very very tiny letters along the spine.

Should've put 'Happy Birthday!'.

"To Sandra, World's Greatest Dad,

It's your Birthday! I don't know you are, I wish you the best of luck at your new job, Congratulations and a Happy New Year,

Get Well Soon"

Ask for more money. If they tell you "No, lolol" then bail with that new job you applied for.

You did the right thing about the leaving card. At least you weren't asked to donate money. I'd be like "get the fuck out of here. You're lucky enough to get my signature you greedy bastards.".

It's annoying actually, all the contractors here get paid the same rate. So some hatchet faced lady whose job it is to sort out filing cabinets gets paid the same as people doing data entry on health related cases that get reported to regulatory authorities.

Still, I'm not against sticking around till I find something new, man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, such is the way the cookie disintegrates holla holla get dollars

SKINNER!

Banned
It's annoying actually, all the contractors here get paid the same rate. So some hatchet faced lady whose job it is to sort out filing cabinets gets paid the same as people doing data entry on health related cases that get reported to regulatory authorities.

Still, I'm not against sticking around till I find something new, man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, such is the way the cookie disintegrates holla holla get dollars

You and I are so alike it's almost too damn scary :)

A question to everyone to brighten up the mood and get the banter going in here. if BRITGAF were stranded on a desert island, who would be the first one you'd consume assuming all the food ran out...(or not I guess. I know you are all a bunch of twisted fucks).

A question to everyone to brighten up the mood and get the banter going in here. if BRITGAF were stranded on a desert island, who would be the first one you'd consume assuming all the food ran out...(or not depending I guess. I know you are all a bunch of twisted fucks).

Who would I eat?

Probably afoni.

Not because he's a particularly fine specimen, mostly because I know I wouldn't have to listen to his bullshit or suffer the sight of his bad haircut if he was sizzling on a spit.

A question to everyone to brighten up the mood and get the banter going in here. if BRITGAF were stranded on a desert island, who would be the first one you'd consume assuming all the food ran out...(or not I guess. I know you are all a bunch of twisted fucks).

I'm not naming names but the larger ones amongst you should watch your backs....

Skinny and buff guys and gals will be safe

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Would be hard to tell who the first one is since everyone's body part will be mixed together in a stew.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Afoni would taste a bit like veal I'm thinking.

You're all pretty cool I wouldn't be able to choose :(

I guess my choice will have to be chinner because nobody will miss him anyway.

Where is Chin-chan these days anyway? Too cool for us nobodies no more.

I probably wouldn't eat Tashbrooke. That would be like the Island Survival version of ordering poisonous fish at a Japanese restaurant. No diseases for me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom