• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Of D

If you're not talking about framerate, console wars, JRPG' or a souls game, it don't fly. I learned this after I spent ages trying to do an arcade gaf OT. A few replies and then it sunk without a trace. I feel your pain! Grumble grumble Yankee kids running the show grumble grumble only speak in gaf memes grumble grumble killing all discussion grumble grumble.

Morning all! Still hungover. Rubbish. Lunch out today tho and a little break this weekend.

Don't forget "Games that have a character that wears a tie" style topics.

Gaming side annoys me more than it should :(

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
There's a fascinating thread on next gen cloth physics. I've always found that cloth physics have a huge effect on how much I enjoy a game.

OT6 is a long way away but I'm happy to do it. Unless Tash cries.

Reknoc

There's a fascinating thread on next gen cloth physics. I've always found that cloth physics have a huge effect on how much I enjoy a game.

OT6 is a long way away but I'm happy to do it. Unless Tash cries.

the only major advantage current hardware has is looking slightly better than previous gen so threads like that are interesting. or they would be in a few years when there's more than a handful of purely current gen games instead of crossgen stuff.

Skele7on

Banned
Ergh, works sucking today, have any of you just had like a couple beers but feel absolutely horrific the next day? Like worse than if you had literally drank all the tequila?

I'm going through this today. So nasty.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Am I doing the OT then? I suggest we use meats quote on people who listen to video game music being morons.

Disclosure: I listen to the fez soundtrack a lot.

Anyway shorty why haven't you contacted me about making a game?

Am I doing the OT then? I suggest we use meats quote on people who listen to video game music being morons.

Feel free to do the next OT, just know that I will heavily criticize it no matter what.

Fez soundtrack is pretty good. Had another go at it last night and figured out how to get past the area I was stuck in. Spent some time in a kind of observatory with a big telescope. Spent ages piecing together a secret in there involving constellations and which order the inputs went in to get the non cube. Spent time hashing out all 24 possible combinations and then the first one I put in reveals the cube. Gosh darn and I said i wasn't going to fanny about with this pen and paper business. Still, the music in that room was pretty good.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Bless you!

That was Jedeye, though.

Oops sorry! You and Jedeye are the music correspondents so I must've gotten you mixed up.

Feel free to do the next OT, just know that I will heavily criticize it no matter what.

Fez soundtrack is pretty good. Had another go at it last night and figured out how to get past the area I was stuck in. Spent some time in a kind of observatory with a big telescope. Spent ages piecing together a secret in there involving constellations and which order the inputs went in to get the non cube. Spent time hashing out all 24 possible combinations and then the first one I put in reveals the cube. Gosh darn and I said i wasn't going to fanny about with this pen and paper business. Still, the music in that room was pretty good.

I hated that bit in a good way! And the way the music gradually got out of tune while I must've spent hours trying bazillions of combinations. I sussed out the red cube piece myself but struggled with the anti cube. Sounds like you're well on the way though.

Oops sorry! You and Jedeye are the music correspondents so I must've gotten you mixed up.

I hated that bit in a good way! And the way the music gradually got out of tune while I must've spent hours trying bazillions of combinations. I sussed out the red cube piece myself but struggled with the anti cube. Sounds like you're well on the way though.

yeah I was going to mention the music going out of tune...does it do that everywhere if you've spent a long time in a place? Also I think I meant anti cube not non cube - the blue one anyway.

So far I've got two artefacts which seem to be some kind of way to decode the game's language. One is for letters and the other for numbers. Is there only one of each or are there more...I got the anti-cube in the observatory but it still said there was a secret for me to get.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
yeah I was going to mention the music going out of tune...does it do that everywhere if you've spent a long time in a place? Also I think I meant anti cube not non cube - the blue one anyway.

So far I've got two artefacts which seem to be some kind of way to decode the game's language. One is for letters and the other for numbers. Is there only one of each or are there more...I got the anti-cube in the observatory but it still said there was a secret for me to get.

The key to figuring out the language is not in an item, it's a room. To be fair, once I figure out what was going on I did cheat a bit to get a language key. That was a step too far for my pen and paper skills.

There is also an item in this game that made me more productive at work in real life by applying the lesson it taught me.

Have you noticed the tetris pieces yet?

S'all good. He's smarter, sexier, more likeable, much more productive, and a smidge grumpier than I am, so it's an honour to be mixed up with that ragamuffin.

:D

That's my medically required ego boost for the day.

You have a better mustache, more obscure record collection, better accent and prettier eyes than me <3

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
:D

That's my medically required ego boost for the day.

You have a better mustache, more obscure record collection, better accent and prettier eyes than me <3

giphy.gif

The key to figuring out the language is not in an item, it's a room. To be fair, once I figure out what was going on I did cheat a bit to get a language key. That was a step too far for my pen and paper skills.

There is also an item in this game that made me more productive at work in real life by applying the lesson it taught me.

Have you noticed the tetris pieces yet?

Fair enoof.

Tetris pieces? Are you talking about the symbols that look like tetris that refer to input commands? If so yes.

Also that's a 9/10 response gif Meat

EDIT

preferred the 1st one, you dun gon ruined it now u tw@

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Wot Jed said.

The language isn't in one of those artifacts. I'm saying nothing else unless you ask me to.

Nope the music doesn't do that everywhere. I think it fits in with the story. Again, saying nothing else unless you ask me to.

There is another secret in there - I referred to it above. Again, saying nothing else unless you ask me to!

S'all good. He's smarter, sexier, more likeable, much more productive, and a smidge grumpier than I am, so it's an honour to be mixed up with that ragamuffin.

You're both alright in my book!

You're the good cop, though. Jed is definitely the bad cop.

jimbor

Banned

If you do take title suggestions, don't do a Mike and fuck up a perfectly good one, please?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Look, it know nobody is going to read it because it doesn't just say "60FPS XBOT / PHIL FISH IZ A NUMPTY!" but I've had a read through Activision and Ubisoft's annual accounts and dug out some interesting tidbits.

I appeal to you to post and help a sister out. If it dies like all the others I'm going to be so sad!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880364

It's already died :-(. Serves me right. Curse you gaming side. I blame America!

Volotaire

The poster posted NSFW/horrific images as normal image links. I don't like that kind of imagery, so I certainly won't be coming back to any of their posts if they cannot even give a thought to the community viewing them, and how distressing it may be for them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The poster posted NSFW/horrific images as normal image links. I don't like that kind of imagery, so I certainly won't be coming back to any of their posts if they cannot even give a thought to the community viewing them, and how distressing it may be for them.
Fair enough, but most use ignore when they can't handle someone not sharing their opinion thus I always say it is for the weak.

Son Of D

Fair enough, but most use ignore when they can't handle someone not sharing their opinion thus I always say it is for the weak.

Yeah I never get that. Especially if that person on the ignore list has their posts quoted. You'll be seeing it anyway so you're not really ignoring them. Although I guess if you do see "Originally posted by afoni" then you know to just scroll past that post.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
When I had my last freakout I put people on ignore but then I was conscious they might be taking the piss out of me and I had to read it, so I unignored them again.

NinjaBoiX

I don't use the ignore list, shit posters are half the fun of GAF. It's fun to feed off the vitriol, real or imaginary.

RIP wabbit, we knew ye too well.
Kobashi100

I -too- fell for the same untagged NSFW image link.
I clicked that link.

I really wish I hadn't.

*mindbleach*

Volotaire

Yeah I never get that. Especially if that person on the ignore list has their posts quoted. You'll be seeing it anyway so you're not really ignoring them. Although I guess if you do see "Originally posted by afoni" then you know to just scroll past that post.

Just realised this, seems like a half implemented feature. Anyway, it seems he's banned now, so that's all tied up.

I thought it would be kobashi100.

Can't believe he was able dance around a ban for so long...I can't think of a poster in off topic who has been so universally hated as he was. He argued from a horrible position and was probably only banned because he put no NSFW tag on that.

Any discussion of middle east politics just seems like a lightning rod for the crazies to come out. I used to partake in the OT for Syria before that got closed because people were getting so extraordinarily personal in their attacks.

liger was a guy who survived that but like kobashi it was always clear which side of the argument he was on and eventually he got banned. It's a shame because before those two there were some guys who legitimately knew their stuff and offered great insight without extremist bias but got banned because they were drawn into shit by liger and kobashi. Oh well.

At least afoni is dead, thank fuck.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Seemed inevitable that he would get permanently banned. At least I saved his rabbit avatar as a memento. Now if only I could find his tag.

Looking at car deals at the moment, can't wait to get a set of wheels! Did anyone else here start driving years after they completed their driving test? I think I need lessons in the next month!

Weird, afoni talks smack and later turns up banned. Strange coincidence.

I'm guessing it was Smash related? Every time I go into that thread I feel like my mum does on the rare occasion I talk to her about video games. Lots of posts, but little content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom