• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

lazily checking e-mails at work to see if any are for me, see a delivery address for an order "warp records" huh, i think, that sounds familiar. Check our orders DB and bam new Aphex Twin album. Pretty hyped right now. Pretty sure this is the first and last time I find out about something coming out that I care about and was previously unaware of at work.

lazily checking e-mails at work to see if any are for me, see a delivery address for an order "warp records" huh, i think, that sounds familiar. Check our orders DB and bam new Aphex Twin album. Pretty hyped right now. Pretty sure this is the first and last time I find out about something coming out that I care about and was previously unaware of at work.
seriously going to be release of the wheneverit'sactuallyout.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I thought it wasn't anything special at first and the Pitchfork article hyping it up is the worst kind of meaningless fluff you can possibly imagine. Which is par for the course sometimes with Pitchfork but I still visit for when they get it right

That said...it grew on me. Past the saccharine, chipmunk style vocals is some really solid synth work and catchy beats.

Will listen to track you posted Ninja, I knew QT would elicit a contentious response but thanks for the feedback music lovers.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
mqdefault.jpg

Having a bit of a weird one today.

Last night went to the pub with the other contractors after work. I had only anticipated being there 2 hours max but for whatever reason we stayed till like 10 at night. One of my bosses turned up later and that was quite strange. But I hadn't eaten since midday and people kept getting rounds in, I was constantly double parked. Eventually I get a lift home feeling quite pissed. As soon as I get in I fall asleep and wake up at 3 AM, absolutely starving. The only thing I have in the fridge is a Thai Green Curry microwave meal two days past it's sell by date. I think "fuck it" and eat it. I'm wide awake and slightly hungover at four in the morning and seriously considering staying up till I go to work. I come to the conclusion that this is a bad idea and try to get back to sleep. Eventually I do and have this very vivid dream about being back at school and everything being the same except that all the students are dressed as German soldiers from the First World War, complete with pickelhaube.

At work now feeling thoroughly discombobulated and I'm suspicious that I may have said something stupid as all my co workers are behaving oddly around me. Oh well.

So I'm done with my long weekend of driving around the UK. I ended up listening to the audiobook for Masters of Doom - a book about the two Johns, Carmack and Romero, and how ID software came about in the early Commander Keen days, and how they developed Wolfenstein / Doom / Quake. Pretty interesting stuff, I was mainly amazed at:
a) how young those guys were at the time - they crammed a lot into their teens and early twenties!
b) how quickly games were produced back in the early nineties - they initially had a contract to produce a game every two months. They were doing this, and making the Commander Keen games in their spare time at weekends! Jesus. Funny how Romero's Daikatana then went on to become the poster boy of overblown development and repeated missed deadlines (until Duke Nukem Forever, obvs).

Still thanks for the suggestions though guys. I've got Ready Player One ready to go on my next big trip.

Fake edit: forgot to mention, Masters of Doom is narrated by Will Wheaton. Wesley Crusher off of Star Trek TNG! He actually does a really good job, doing all the accents and everything.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
....alright, I'm in. I need a new 'Robo' film as I've worn out my copy of 'Robowar'.

I'm not sure how good the script will be, so be careful.

Last night went to the pub with the other contractors after work. I had only anticipated being there 2 hours max but for whatever reason we stayed till like 10 at night. One of my bosses turned up later and that was quite strange. But I hadn't eaten since midday and people kept getting rounds in, I was constantly double parked. Eventually I get a lift home feeling quite pissed. As soon as I get in I fall asleep and wake up at 3 AM, absolutely starving. The only thing I have in the fridge is a Thai Green Curry microwave meal two days past it's sell by date. I think "fuck it" and eat it. I'm wide awake and slightly hungover at four in the morning and seriously considering staying up till I go to work. I come to the conclusion that this is a bad idea and try to get back to sleep. Eventually I do and have this very vivid dream about being back at school and everything being the same except that all the students are dressed as German soldiers from the First World War, complete with pickelhaube.

At work now feeling thoroughly discombobulated and I'm suspicious that I may have said something stupid as all my co workers are behaving oddly around me. Oh well.

Sounds like hangover paranoia. Hate that.

So I'm done with my long weekend of driving around the UK. I ended up listening to the audiobook for Masters of Doom - a book about the two Johns, Carmack and Romero, and how ID software came about in the early Commander Keen days, and how they developed Wolfenstein / Doom / Quake. Pretty interesting stuff, I was mainly amazed at:
a) how young those guys were at the time - they crammed a lot into their teens and early twenties!
b) how quickly games were produced back in the early nineties - they initially had a contract to produce a game every two months. They were doing this, and making the Commander Keen games in their spare time at weekends! Jesus. Funny how Romero's Daikatana then went on to become the poster boy of overblown development and repeated missed deadlines (until Duke Nukem Forever, obvs).

Still thanks for the suggestions though guys. I've got Ready Player One ready to go on my next big trip.

Fake edit: forgot to mention, Masters of Doom is narrated by Will Wheaton. Wesley Crusher off of Star Trek TNG! He actually does a really good job, doing all the accents and everything.

Did you ever see 'video games the movie'? Omg it was awful. Awful. Masters of Doom is not on Kindle. Grr.

The_Poet

Banned

They are eyeing you funny because you were double parked all night (bad form).

And I hope you also bought a round, or that could be why they now hate you.

I get it all the time. Mostly because I'm very aware I say weird shit when I get drunk.

They are eyeing you funny because you were double parked all night (bad form).

And I hope you also bought a round, or that could be why they now hate you.

I didn't bring my A game as I didn't think I'd need it. I did buy rounds though. I also smashed my head twice because the pub was designed for hobbits.

Oh yeah, that sucks. You getting flashbacks Daps?

Did you ever see 'video games the movie'? Omg it was awful. Awful. Masters of Doom is not on Kindle. Grr.

Nup, I think it's on Netflix. You're not making me wanna watch it though.

And even if MoD was on the Kindle, don't you want it read to you by Wesley Crusher? Get the audiobook!

Edit:

EDIT: Shit I'm thinking of Indie Game: The Movie.

Wait, yeah I think I'm thinking of that too.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I liked Video Game: The Movie, everything except the Phil Fish segments anyway

EDIT: Shit I'm thinking of Indie Game: The Movie.

Indie game is a great film.

Oh yeah, that sucks. You getting flashbacks Daps?

Nup, I think it's on Netflix. You're not making me wanna watch it though.

And even if MoD was on the Kindle, don't you want it read to you by Wesley Crusher? Get the audiobook!

Edit:

Wait, yeah I think I'm thinking of that too.

Indie game the movie is brilliant.

I've never seen a full episode of Star trek so I have no connection with Wesley C.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This grabbed my attention recently:

20Syl - VO52-V1M

Needs to be twice as long at least, too much awesome for 2 minutes and 9 seconds.
I like the style but this never went anywhere. I felt like it was building up for something better but it really just ended up being an unfinished mash-up that was meant to be cut between two songs.

8bit

Knows the Score
Rock!

PS how is first light? I usually check my friends list to see what everyone is playing and saw you had it. Will it make me cringe?

Did you like Second Son? It's a bit more of that so far. It's not bad, I needed a break from the area in TLOU I'm stuck in.

--

edit!

Yeah, that QT track is just too sweet. quite liked Sophie - Lemonade but that's too much. Try this as a palate cleanser: https://soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/sets/the-bug-angels-devils-tracks

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Fucking awful. The kind of shit yanks lap up.
Vocals are pretty awful, but it's grown on me. Also, the main contributor is actually a UK producer named Sophie, putting out material from a London-based record label called PC Music Music :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
My band Parachute for Gordo made a video - http://youtu.be/3kZT8IH99ro

we are also on tour on the following dates:
07 Sept - Brighton, Sticky Mike's
08 Sept - Brixton, The Windmill
09 Sept - Guildford, Boileroom
10 Sept - Basingstoke, Sanctuary
11 Sept - Bristol, The Thunderbolt

Come out and see me BGAF!!

jimbor

Banned
My band Parachute for Gordo made a video - http://youtu.be/3kZT8IH99ro

we are also on tour on the following dates:
07 Sept - Brighton, Sticky Mike's
08 Sept - Brixton, The Windmill
09 Sept - Guildford, Boileroom
10 Sept - Basingstoke, Sanctuary
11 Sept - Bristol, The Thunderbolt

Come out and see me BGAF!!

If I was in the country, I would've been down for Brixton. You would've been able to crash too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ignore me I read Brighton as Brixton and thought you were playing there twice.

Do I need to preorder tickets? Can you put me on a guest list or something? I'll try and bring some peeps

Sainsburys own red berries balance

No preordering needed, never gonna sell out! If there is a guestlist I will totes add you to it, will let you know on the day. Thanks for coming out, I feel much better knowing at least SOMEONE will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom