• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiggyRob

Looking at car deals at the moment, can't wait to get a set of wheels! Did anyone else here start driving years after they completed their driving test? I think I need lessons in the next month!

Yep - insurance quotes starting at £2000+ when you're 18 is fucking ludicrous. Fortunately I got insured on my dear mother's banger for £185 for the next year, which is pretty sweet. You just need to ease back into the groove of driving, it'll come back to you.

jimbor

Banned
giffgaff is turning to arse and I don't like it.

I fucked them off a couple of months back in favour of Lycamobile. £15 a month for unlimited 4g (well says unlimited but I'm pretty certain it throttles after 5gb but that's more than enough for me), 500 minutes, can't remember how many texts.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
What's up with it?

Summary of changes

• £12 goodybag: will include UK 3GB, 500 minutes, unlimited texts (was 250 minutes, unlimited data)
  • £15 goodybag, existing members: Members who activated before 21/8 can keep the current £15 goodybag with UK unlimited data, 500 minutes and unlimited texts. Restrictions apply, for more details on how to get this, click here
  • £15 goodybag, new members: Members activating after 21/8 will see the £15 goodybag with UK 5GB data, 500 minutes and unlimited texts
  • £20 goodybag: will be discounted to £18 until end March 2015. Includes the same UK unlimited data, 2,000 minutes, unlimited texts
  • £12.50 gigabag: will be replaced by the £12 goodybag, as it'll include the same UK 3GB data (along with minutes and texts) for 50p less
  • Community idea: Members can buy a goodybag before their current one expires if they run out of minutes or data

Slowly locking out the unlimited data.

Volotaire

Slowly locking out the unlimited data.

Oh wait what? I had my phone stolen a few months ago so i haven't kept up with giffgaff changes. What a load of rubbish. I remember 3 having 13£ for unlimited data, so I may change to them when I get a decent phone again (if they don't change their prices).

EDIT: Oh there's is 15£ too now. Damn.

I guess the 12.50 one is ok, I mean 3GB data is reasonable.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seemed inevitable that he would get permanently banned. At least I saved his rabbit avatar as a memento. Now if only I could find his tag.
Keep track of any insider information claims I make. If they end up false (note: vague stuff like "I know what it's going to be" counts as false if unsubstantiated), I get banned! Yay!

I was about to post a response in that thread but I thought better of it. I'd probably end up in an argument with someone and get accused of being sexist or something.

Yep - insurance quotes starting at £2000+ when you're 18 is fucking ludicrous. Fortunately I got insured on my dear mother's banger for £185 for the next year, which is pretty sweet. You just need to ease back into the groove of driving, it'll come back to you.

I'm scared of what my insurance quotes will be. I was originally looking at the various types of "just add fuel" deals, and hand the car back once I've reached the minimum payment threshold. The only issue is that they only allow 6000 miles PA, and I'd need way more than that with my job!

The_Poet

Banned
I'm scared of what my insurance quotes will be. I was originally looking at the various types of "just add fuel" deals, and hand the car back once I've reached the minimum payment threshold. The only issue is that they only allow 6000 miles PA, and I'd need way more than that with my job!

Those just add fuel duels aren't worth it in the long run, especially if you are driving far for your job.

I personally only buy second hand and sell them on a couple years later for something else/better. That way there's never enough time for something to go seriously wrong with them.

NinjaBoiX

This thread is almost as divisive as mandatory tipping when it comes to US GAF vs rest of the world: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=881087

I'm glad that we're not the worst when it comes to paedo paranoia.
Um...

wait said:
"Way to serve your daughter up on a plate, sicko. I will be sure to email you directly when I find this image being traded on the deep web, Wyatt, you sick fuck." -your mirror lied to you, April 26, 2014 10:27am

QsSlHsa.jpg

NinjaBoiX

There is a BBQ on at Atlas tomorrow, we are doing a promotion where the first 80 people through the door from 12pm that buy a drink get a free burger.

There will be two handsome bald dudes manning the grill too for you thirsty motherfuckers.

Volotaire

I'm not a fan of tablets, but using a friend's Nexus 7 and a iPad mini was cool, especially the long Nexus 7 form factor. Although after using a few larger phones, the Nexus 7 size may be a slightly redundant. Perhaps I'll buy a tablet in the coming year, but I still can't see the added benefit of using one rather than a laptop with the extra cost.

Those just add fuel duels aren't worth it in the long run, especially if you are driving far for your job.

I personally only buy second hand and sell them on a couple years later for something else/better. That way there's never enough time for something to go seriously wrong with them.

Yeah they're out of the question anyway thanks to the low mileage allowed PA. I'd purchase a car outright, but I lack that kind of money unfortunately, and I need an economical & reliable car asap once I'm paid at the end of September.

NinjaBoiX

"I got this girl and she wants me to duke her,
I told her I'd come scoop her around eight, she said, "Super!"
That sounds great, shorty girl's a trooper,
No matter what I need her to do, she be like, "Super!"

Own his own throne, the boss like King Koopa,
On the microphone he flossed the ring, "Super!"
Average emcees is like a TV blooper,
MF Doom, he like D.B. Cooper,"

Hoe Cakes is the nuts.

Based Doom.

BritGaf be quiet today.

I had a nice weekend, started tidying my bedroom Saturday, and by tidying I mean completely blitzing it, every surface every shelf completely emptied, and everything sorted into bin, charity shop or proper place for it. Did that for a few hours then went to the Secret Cinema Back to the Future event, which was awesome, we had a great time.

Sunday Andy made mac n cheese with bacon in for breakfast, then we carried on sorting out the bedroom. Today we popped to ikea to get some coat racks and picture hooks, also picked up some Swedish food for tea.

The difference in the room is astounding. Those of you who've been to my flat will know what a mess it is with stuff absolutely everywhere. It feels great to have sorted one room out, I'm going to keep doing this every weekend until the whole flat is done.

Volotaire

Lucy is bad. Don't watch it. No character building, a terrible performance by Scarlett Johanson, insignificant main characters, a ridiculous plot, large periods of monologue which is irrelevant, and an end which is so ridiculous you will shake you head in shame.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Any film where the premise is based on the "we only use 10% of our brain" myth is often written by somebody who was only using 10% of their brain at the time.

Lucy is bad. Don't watch it. No character building, a terrible performance by Scarlett Johanson, insignificant main characters, a ridiculous plot, large periods of monologue which is irrelevant, and an end which is so ridiculous you will shake you head in shame.

I was entertained by its awfulness. Some of it was so flat out stupid looking. If I had to choose one word to describe it I'd lean towards "daft."

Like the bit where Morgan Freeman (who did a stellar job playing the part of Morgan Freeman) started talking about reproduction in a lecture and the scene was interspliced with footage of shagging boars and rhinos, just in case you didn't know what Freeman meant by the term "reproduction".

Volotaire

I was entertained by its awfulness. Some of it was so flat out stupid looking. If I had to choose one word to describe it I'd lean towards "daft."

Like the bit where Morgan Freeman (who did a stellar job playing the part of Morgan Freeman) started talking about reproduction in a lecture and the scene was interspliced with footage of shagging boars and rhinos, just in case you didn't know what Freeman meant by the term "reproduction".

The wildlife and mother nature scenes scattered all over the film was just a bizzare choice. We thought it would be an average film, so we went to watch it for a laugh,, but it was just .... awful. Well, the start was kind of entertaining at least.

8bit

Knows the Score
I watched Under The Skin recently, but had to bail after about 45 minutes. Music is great, loved seeing Glasgow but had no idea what was going on.

NinjaBoiX

I watched Under The Skin recently, but had to bail after about 45 minutes. Music is great, loved seeing Glasgow but had no idea what was going on.
Jonathan Glazer is a bit up his own arse, but he does create stunning imagery at times, especially in his music videos:

c88y1Nj.jpg

W2wZ71q.jpg

3WiNMWw.jpg

Radiohead - Street Spirit

Eanan

Yeah its a bit of a slow burner, but a very abstract and unique film.

It does drag on a bit but worth sticking it out for the big reveal at the end in the woods.

8bit

Knows the Score
Interesting avatar... change.

I'm Scottish (albeit ex-pat), I'm Green, this is what I believe in. I'm excited about the possibility of an independent Scotland and would like to think I might be able to return one day. Maybe it won't pan out but I am delighted to see my countryfolk engaged in politics in a way that I've never witnessed before. Also, I enjoy my daily calling Scottish Labour twats on twitter.

Hobohodo

Always seemed ridiculous to me that, getting low quotes when you haven't driven for years. But then Quotes being as high as they are is ridiculous so on well.

jimbor

Banned
I'm Scottish (albeit ex-pat), I'm Green, this is what I believe in. I'm excited about the possibility of an independent Scotland and would like to think I might be able to return one day. Maybe it won't pan out but I am delighted to see my countryfolk engaged in politics in a way that I've never witnessed before. Also, I enjoy my daily calling Scottish Labour twats on twitter.

I'm really hoping you fucks take the opportunity. I'm daring to dream but think project fear has it sewn up, alas.

P44

I fucked them off a couple of months back in favour of Lycamobile. £15 a month for unlimited 4g (well says unlimited but I'm pretty certain it throttles after 5gb but that's more than enough for me), 500 minutes, can't remember how many texts.

How is coverage?

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm really hoping you fucks take the opportunity. I'm daring to dream but think project fear has it sewn up, alas.

I've believed for the past couple of years that Scotland will vote for independence and I feel galvanised by the debate today. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen but I don't live there anymore however I'm delighted to see how energised the people have become.

jimbor

Banned
I've believed for the past couple of years that Scotland will vote for independence and I feel galvanised by the debate today. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen but I don't live there anymore however I'm delighted to see how energised the people have become.
The polls seem to be moving in the right direction but people are petrified of change.

Fingers crossed though, would hopefully save me emigrating further afield when I tire of never being able to afford to buy a decent place in London.

Well the trailer promised a terrible film, so all of this comes as no surprise!

Anyone have any decent cinema suggestions currently? Doesn't seem to be a great deal on at present.

Well the trailer promised a terrible film, so all of this comes as no surprise!

Anyone have any decent cinema suggestions currently? Doesn't seem to be a great deal on at present.

for every 7/10 movie out in the cinema there's a hundred 9/10 films already released that you've never seen

my philosophy, do not steal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom