• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

Stop it apple I don't want shitty U2 on my phone I removed it 3 times now godsakes get the hint.

(I do have a few U2 songs but they wayyyyyy past prime and should just stop)

Why you buy this?

Is there anything good about it ?or were the reviewers right?

I just liked the concept - I'm into detective games in general. Some of the Sherlock Holmes games on the 360 were pretty cool, and I can't wait for Crimes & Punishments in a couple of months time, this was just to scratch my itch until then.

I was mulling over downloading it last weekend as an impulse buy, but instead I waited until yesterday and got it second hand at CEX. I'm glad I did: firstly it was way cheaper (£25), and I'll probably finish it over the weekend and can get most of that back against another game, maybe Infamous. I still haven't played Infamous.

There's really not that much good about it. I haven't read any reviews so I don't know what they say, but it's just that there's absolutely no challenge to it. When there's a scene to investigate text floats up spelling out exactly what you're trying to answer (e.g. "What was the murderer doing here?"), if you try and leave the area it either tells you that you've left the scene or flat out turns you around and sends you back ("I should finish investigating before I leave"). So it reduces it to walking around a small area and pressing square to inspect a shovel or something. Oh and it tells you how many clues there are, like "1/8 clues found". Just...patronising, and I don't feel like I'm doing any detective work or figuring out anything on my own. And so far it's completely linear. I can't deviate from the assigned path at all. There's even a marker telling you where to go next - graveyard 33m :-/

Would not recommend.

Edit:

I've just thought of one good thing: you can possess a cat. That's kinda fun. Press triangle to meow.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I just liked the concept - I'm into detective games in general. Some of the Sherlock Holmes games on the 360 were pretty cool, and I can't wait for Crimes & Punishments in a couple of months time, this was just to scratch my itch until then.

I was mulling over downloading it last weekend as an impulse buy, but instead I waited until yesterday and got it second hand at CEX. I'm glad I did: firstly it was way cheaper (£25), and I'll probably finish it over the weekend and can get most of that back against another game, maybe Infamous. I still haven't played Infamous.

There's really not that much good about it. I haven't read any reviews so I don't know what they say, but it's just that there's absolutely no challenge to it. When there's a scene to investigate text floats up spelling out exactly what you're trying to answer (e.g. "What was the murderer doing here?"), if you try and leave the area it either tells you that you've left the scene or flat out turns you around and sends you back ("I should finish investigating before I leave"). So it reduces it to walking around a small area and pressing square to inspect a shovel or something. Oh and it tells you how many clues there are, like "1/8 clues found". Just...patronising, and I don't feel like I'm doing any detective work or figuring out anything on my own. And so far it's completely linear. I can't deviate from the assigned path at all. There's even a marker telling you where to go next - graveyard 33m :-/

Would not recommend.

Edit:

I've just thought of one good thing: you can possess a cat. That's kinda fun. Press triangle to meow.

Hahaha!

Thanks. I love hearing people's opinions on games.

Level 24 in destiny, I am actually wrecked for a sleeping pattern :|

Oh well must get my gear ready to raid next week!

I bloody stayed up all night playing that bloody game, din oi! So so addictive. Level 20 is in my sight dribble dribble

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Why is sploatee wasting her time with Destiny when she could be playing the videogame formally knowns as Prince Interactive?

OH MY FUCKING GOD

prince-home-1.jpg

IGNORE THE TEXTY BIT

Reknoc

Murdered: The Soulquel

Seriously though, the only thing they murdered was my interest in a sequel. I thought that was such a neat idea as well - being a ghost trying to solve your own murder. Oh well. Imma trade it in for Infamous on Monday.

that's pretty much the premise of ghost trick.

Shame so few try to make crime investigation games and when they do they're usually rather bad (sup L.A Noire)

that's pretty much the premise of ghost trick.

Shame so few try to make crime investigation games and when they do they're usually rather bad (sup L.A Noire)

I frigging love Ghost Trick! Played through it twice (even though the second time I obviously knew the amaaaaazing twist at the end).

NinjaBoiX

BritGAF is so quiet! What happened?

Who is watching the X-Factor tonight?
I'm out with the Mint Lounge peeps for Joe's leaving do, he's off down Sheffield for uni. It's meant to be for Sarah too, she's moving across the road to Matt and Phreds but she has to work. Boo!

Meeting at Apotheca at 7:30 if you fancy doing literally anything other than watching X-Factor. ;)

Took the morning off work tomorrow so I may be get hammered. :D

(Already got a bit of a tilt on...)

Phones. For you. For less. For a lot less as they're dead now.

So much for a whole 'back to the future' ad campaign they were running with all that 'see what 2015 holds' then.

Lirlond

Anyone know if theres a Friday afternoon/ All day saturday ticket for EGX going? I might be able to make it down to London for the Friday > Sunday

mikeybass

Neo Member
Matt and Phreds? Damn I've not been in there in years! I used to work in Simple on Tib Street (between M & P and Afflecks) and Matt & Phreds was the only place that was still open at closing time. So much rosé wine and pizza. It was glorious :)

Anyone in here still mucking about with Bravely Default? Started playing it this weekend... So far, not bad at all (about three hours in).

RiggyRob

Matt and Phreds? Damn I've not been in there in years! I used to work in Simple on Tib Street (between M & P and Afflecks) and Matt & Phreds was the only place that was still open at closing time. So much rosé wine and pizza. It was glorious :)

Anyone in here still mucking about with Bravely Default? Started playing it this weekend... So far, not bad at all (about three hours in).

After spending 80+ hours completing the encyclopaedia and getting both endings, I dropped it quicker than you could say 'Unacceptable!'. Despite the Nemesis fights being a lot of fun (and they're regularly updated it seems), I don't think there's any way I'll go back to it really.

Ah, first day of being a third year. Everything's bright and shiny and new again.

mikeybass

Neo Member
After spending 80+ hours completing the encyclopaedia and getting both endings, I dropped it quicker than you could say 'Unacceptable!'. Despite the Nemesis fights being a lot of fun (and they're regularly updated it seems), I don't think there's any way I'll go back to it really.

TBH I'm just biding my time until SMT IV finally gets released in Europe next month.

RiggyRob

TBH I'm just biding my time until SMT IV finally gets released in Europe next month.

I bought a 32GB SD card to replace the one in my XL, but I'm not entirely sure I'm going to get it when it releases - I reckon Atlus will put it on sale at some point and I'm not exactly dying to play it. £10 or less for me, same as Virtue's Last Reward.

mikeybass

Neo Member
I bought a 32GB SD card to replace the one in my XL, but I'm not entirely sure I'm going to get it when it releases - I reckon Atlus will put it on sale at some point and I'm not exactly dying to play it. £10 or less for me, same as Virtue's Last Reward.

I did the exact same thing recently, based on another GAF post I saw. Considering most 3DS games hold their prices in the £30+ price-range, I'm happy to pay £18 for this.

that's awfully optimistic

Gotta keep that PMA :)

NinjaBoiX

Matt and Phreds is quality and Afflecks is like the coolest shopping centre in the world.

I love The Northern Quarter man, all the best bars in the city are there; Odd, Bluu, Apotheca, Cane & Grain, Band on the Wall, Mint Lounge, etc and some of the new bars like Guilty By Association and Twenty Twenty Two are cool as fuck as well.

Mint city is mint.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Squeaking trigger on my DS4 is driving me mad.

Also, I may or may not be in a beta for a game that may or may not be released next month on the PS4. And squeaky fucking triggers might or might not be shitting it up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Wass gan dahn fuckas?

I need things to read between jobs, entertain me you gaggle of dancing monkeys.

I told some of you this IRL last week, but lately I've been finding consumerism really claustrophobic and freaky. Not so much in myself (I don't tend to buy THAT MUCH shit), but just the combined weight of thousands and thousands of shops everywhere is starting to really weird me out. We drove through Croydon last week and it genuinely unsettled me. All those car shops and megastores and little indie shops and closed shops and new shops. It's like, if you try to contemplate a billion people you tend to spin out, now I'm trying to contemplate the entirity of commerce and it's causing perspective panic. I'm concerned I've finally broken a key part of my brain in that I can either see the weirdly sick culture around me, or that I perceive it as sick and/or bad for people.

Anyone else ever get this? Do I need to move to the woods?

The_Poet

Banned
I started watching Cosmos (the Neil DeGrasse one). Its so good.

They should show it in schools instead of those shitty VHS tapes from the 70's

RiggyRob

Wass gan dahn fuckas?

I need things to read between jobs, entertain me you gaggle of dancing monkeys.

I told some of you this IRL last week, but lately I've been finding consumerism really claustrophobic and freaky. Not so much in myself (I don't tend to buy THAT MUCH shit), but just the combined weight of thousands and thousands of shops everywhere is starting to really weird me out. We drove through Croydon last week and it genuinely unsettled me. All those car shops and megastores and little indie shops and closed shops and new shops. It's like, if you try to contemplate a billion people you tend to spin out, now I'm trying to contemplate the entirity of commerce and it's causing perspective panic. I'm concerned I've finally broken a key part of my brain in that I can either see the weirdly sick culture around me, or that I perceive it as sick and/or bad for people.

Anyone else ever get this? Do I need to move to the woods?

Sort of, went to London last weekend and the sheer scale of the buildings/shops is enormous, it's weird having the skyline blocked off when you're on the street level.

As for entertainment, last night I had a couple of freaky dreams including a crying Marion Cotillard's decapitated head and an incredibly huge black and yellow thunderstorm that somehow morphed into a plane crash. Take that as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom