• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Marmozets are playing at Deaf Institute in a few weeks if people fancy coming along.

I totes shoulda gone to see them in Guildford a few weeks back, they've passed the popularity threshold now, can't like them any more :(

Lonely the Brave are a bunch of poser chancers though. Immaculate hair and wardrobe.

SmokyDave

Wass gan dahn fuckas?

I need things to read between jobs, entertain me you gaggle of dancing monkeys.

I told some of you this IRL last week, but lately I've been finding consumerism really claustrophobic and freaky. Not so much in myself (I don't tend to buy THAT MUCH shit), but just the combined weight of thousands and thousands of shops everywhere is starting to really weird me out. We drove through Croydon last week and it genuinely unsettled me. All those car shops and megastores and little indie shops and closed shops and new shops. It's like, if you try to contemplate a billion people you tend to spin out, now I'm trying to contemplate the entirity of commerce and it's causing perspective panic. I'm concerned I've finally broken a key part of my brain in that I can either see the weirdly sick culture around me, or that I perceive it as sick and/or bad for people.

Anyone else ever get this? Do I need to move to the woods?
Supermarkets are doing my head in. Seems like every time there's an empty plot of land, some cunt builds an Aldi.

I used to understand, because Billy High Street Independent is useless (nice one Billy, only open your shop whilst I'm at fucking work) but nowadays it's just getting a bit depressing.

Do we really need the ability to buy things at all hours every fifteen feet? I'm not convinced. Build a fucking park or something.

NinjaBoiX

I totes shoulda gone to see them in Guildford a few weeks back, they've passed the popularity threshold now, can't like them any more :(

Lonely the Brave are a bunch of poser chancers though. Immaculate hair and wardrobe.
Haha, it's taken them long enough mate! At least they weren't fast tracked by the money men like those Royal Blood chumps. :p

Why Do You Hate Me? and Captivate You do have the distinct whiff of radio friendly unit shifter about them. Good tunes in their own right, but sitting next to the majestic, discordant lunacy of Onemanwolfpack and Good Days et al they sound somewhat tame.

Captivate You might as well be a Paramore for Gordon cover.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Supermarkets are doing my head in. Seems like every time there's an empty plot of land, some cunt builds an Aldi.

I used to understand, because Billy High Street Independent is useless (nice one Billy, only open your shop whilst I'm at fucking work) but nowadays it's just getting a bit depressing.

Do we really need the ability to buy things at all hours every fifteen feet? I'm not convinced. Build a fucking park or something.

Yeah man I feel you. In my small, moribund town they opened a Morrison's megastore a literal stone's throw (maybe if you had a catapult) from a big Tescos that's been here for years. Do we really need both? Surely they'll both just be making half of what they could be?

NinjaBoiX

Yeah man I feel you. In my small, moribund town they opened a Morrison's megastore a literal stone's throw (maybe if you had a catapult) from a big Tescos that's been here for years. Do we really need both? Surely they'll both just be making half of what they could be?
That's exactly it though isn't it. Sometimes success is all about ensuring your opponent's failure.

Capitalism is a dog eat dog world Jed.

Son Of D

For Morrison's, them getting 50% of the customers is better than Tesco getting the 100%. EDIT: Yeah pretty much what Ninj said.

Kind of reminds me of when Tesco tried getting a store open in Dawlish shortly after plans for the Sainsbury's were announced. And if Tesco got permission to build they'd be within 10 minutes of each other approximately.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
yUqsjbp.jpg

News sure is exciting in Scotland.

The_Poet

Banned
My phone was slowly filling up with 'Other' in iTunes to the point where it took up over half of my storage, its apparently caused by a corrupt sync. So I made a backup of all my shit with iTunes and restored my phone to factory default.

Somehow the backup I made couldn't be re-synced because I didn't have enough storage, even though the backup was made from the same phone!

Fuck iTunes.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
My phone was slowly filling up with 'Other' in iTunes to the point where it took up over half of my storage, its apparently caused by a corrupt sync. So I made a backup of all my shit with iTunes and restored my phone to factory default.

Somehow the backup I made couldn't be re-synced because I didn't have enough storage, even though the backup was made from the same phone!

Fuck iTunes.

I feel you bro, iTunes is so wank sometimes.

But tbh reading your post made me realise that I purposefully don't talk about iOS related issues online much, in wincing anticipation of the droid fans gurning away with their lol apple bollocks whenever a negative is brought up. My mate spent a seemingly significant portion of his weekend mocking the U2 stuff on facebook, preaching to a choir of droid fans.

Yes it's dumb, no iTunes ain't perfect, no I'm not changing my phone/pad.

//end strawman rant

The_Poet

Banned
I feel you bro, iTunes is so wank sometimes.

But tbh reading your post made me realise that I purposefully don't talk about iOS related issues online much, in wincing anticipation of the droid fans gurning away with their lol apple bollocks whenever a negative is brought up. My mate spent a seemingly significant portion of his weekend mocking the U2 stuff on facebook, preaching to a choir of droid fans.

Yes it's dumb, no iTunes ain't perfect, no I'm not changing my phone/pad.

//end strawman rant

Yeh phone debates are boring. And the zeal with which people hold their opinions on the matter just makes it worse.

SKINNER!

Banned
lol Apple fanz and their U2 itunez and their big screen iphone 6 with 2011 specs and their catchup smart watch and their steve jobs rolling in gravez.

NinjaBoiX

Apple phones are beautifully designed and constructed (they just have shit batteries) and iOS is really slick and user friendly (just too prescriptive and prohibitive).

I often miss aspects of iOS but am just as often glad I'm on Android.

In summary, all phones should live together in harmony.

Down with phoneism.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Apple phones are beautifully designed and constructed (they just have shit batteries) and iOS is really slick and user friendly (just too prescriptive and prohibitive).

Down with phoneism.

Agreed, we should judge people by the content of their phones, not the hardware.

Ashes

Banned

Down with phoneism.

Talking of Batteries, the Z3 compacts batteries seem to pretty damn good. Wonder what the Z3's will be like.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I find myself irrationally irritated by kids with cassette or gameboy covers. Fuck you kids, stop appropriating my childhood for your vapid bullshit.

Was talking a lot about "the kids" last night with the mrs, I think we're just old and confused now. And probably jealous.

Skele7on

Banned
Hello all,

How we doing? It's been mental for me this last 24 hours....

I made that The Cryptarch twitter account and it exploded...

Fun times ahead for me I think...

SKINNER!

Banned
Was talking a lot about "the kids" last night with the mrs, I think we're just old and confused now. And probably jealous.

Thing is though, would you want to be "that guy" that's always super-hardcore into what the kids are? or would you rather be the guy that accepts the new things but stands in the back nodding his head in approval while the kids go and enjoy it?

That's how I felt at Download last year. All these teens running around in Bullet For My Valentine and Asking Alexandria shirts...was thinking at first "when did they suddenly become so popular that they qualify having a legion of fans wearing their shirts?" and then I grew to accept it and was all like "That's your shit. I respect that. It's just the way it is. Let's all have a good time :D" *sips drink*

They don't even realise those designs are based on real things.

Too painful to read.

NinjaBoiX

Ye gads... it's like N-Dubz remade Akira...

akira_4.jpg

This is mine...

il_340x270.637985868_n91v.jpg

JUDGE ME.
OK, the Akira one didn't link, and the link itself gave me a gateway error, so I goggled "Akira IPhone cover" out of curiosity and found this cover that is basically all the stickers from Kaneda's bike:

9eJ1zjN.jpg

Want. I don't even have an iPhone anymore, but I still want it!
Cool case bro

Aint got nuttin on mine.....blud....
Haha, awesome!

This is mine currently. I got it for free at Fort William last year, bit battered now. Will need to get a new one come Friday though, Oooh the possibilities!

6244E8DD-3019-4AD9-AB8E-C6F8B9848C63_zpsquknkmba.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I liked it when I had bros to play it with next to me on the couch. Online play is pretty slick too. But it gets dull after a while especially since it encourages multiple playthroughs and endgame never grabbed me. Some of the DLC is better than the main game though, namely Tiny Tina's D&D based world, the Pirate DLC, and the hologram one which is basically a boss rush challenge gauntlet.

Siren was the main class I played.

NinjaBoiX

Tiny Tina, Claptrap and Handsome Jack were hilarious. I don't care what anyone says.

I loved the music too.

Also, Jessica Nigri's Mad Moxxi cosplay was pretty kewl:

XxNAyUj.jpg

ItJ4UxT.jpg

Reknoc

Played 1 a bunch but could never get into 2. dunno why, also found the game as painfully unfunny as ever. like the gaming equivalent of watching a big bang theory marathon.

will probably still end up getting the pre-sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom