• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, the Cockpit in Leeds is shutting down. Bummer, they always had a lot of good acts on there. (Plus they're cheaper than the Academy usually)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Oh wow, the Cockpit in Leeds is shutting down. Bummer, they always had a lot of good acts on there. (Plus they're cheaper than the Academy usually)

I had a good new years eve in there once.

YOU'RE WELCOME

Confusion is Sex is the best. Just so you know.

Sure are. Try Unknown Pleasures.

Not sure... maybe Television? They are sort of similar if you squint your ears and spin around three times. Way less funky, much more spacious, maybe less audacious, but just as jangly and interesting.

Confusion is sex! Heresy! It's bad moon rising. The first five or six minutes of that album as the best thing they were did.

But aside from that it's EVOL. seriously. Green Light is my favourite SY song.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Confusion is sex! Heresy! It's bad moon rising. The first five or six minutes of that album as the best thing they were did.

But aside from that it's EVOL. seriously. Green Light is my favourite SY song.

Heresy...? Heresy?! HOW DARE YOU, YOU SCABROUS VARLET!

Confusion is Sex is Sonic Youth at their most twisted-est, most dirtiest and most finest-dly Sonic-y Youth-iest! They have the drummer from the Bad Seeds and everything!

GAZE!

DESCRY!

GANDER!

BEHOLD!

Your selections are most MOST excellent (you forgot Sister, mind) but your SY hierarchy-ing leaves much to be desired, ya dread-bollocked fustilarian!

fakeedit:

What exactly warranted the cod-Shakespeare insults? I cannot say.

Am I gonna change any of it? Hell no.

EDIT: Oh god... I've overstepped my mark again...

The_Poet

Banned
All these crazy bands I cant listen to at work :(

Going to Alton Towers with the family this weekend, should be fun! Anyone know if they have any new rides there? I havn't been in about 10 years

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Heresy...? Heresy?! HOW DARE YOU, YOU SCABROUS VARLET!

Confusion is Sex is Sonic Youth at their most twisted-est, most dirtiest and most finest-dly Sonic-y Youth-iest! They have the drummer from the Bad Seeds and everything!

GAZE!

DESCRY!

GANDER!

BEHOLD!

Your selections are most MOST excellent (you forgot Sister, mind) but your SY hierarchy-ing leaves much to be desired, ya dread-bollocked fustilarian!

fakeedit:

What exactly warranted the cod-Shakespeare insults? I cannot say.

Am I gonna change any of it? Hell no.

EDIT: Oh god... I've overstepped my mark again...

Oh man. SONIC TOOTH! I love C.I.S. loads! I just prefer Evol.

I've never really gotten that into Sister, apart from Schizophrenia. It's still good though. I'm going to do a list! I listen to only SY for a whole year! not an exaggeration! I even wrote a fan letter to Kim & Thurston...

For me:

Evol (all of it! and the perfect length)
Bad Moon Rising (brave men run)
Daydream Nation (all of it, although heresy it is a bit too long)
A Thousand Leaves (even if just for Hits of Sunshine. "The lights will blind us with blues in haiku.")
Washing Machine (not just for the Diamond Sea)
Sister
Confusion is Sex (you picked the good ones!)
Sonic Nurse (the album for my final year of smoking and a really good one)
Dirty (Theresa's soundworld!!!!)
NYC Ghosts & Flowers (even if just for the first song which is amazing, you've heard it right ? Free City Rhymes? It's amazing. It's like a big epic that never wakes up. Everyone should hear it (noise-averse folks, it does have a "song" after a few mins)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-axxQGPAk)
Rather Ripped
Goo (I know it's good, I just don't really listen to it)
Experimental Jet Set (although I still like Screaming Skull "Pat Smear!" and the last song, I can't remember the name. Sweet Shine. Kim's best lyric ever is about a minute and a half in "WOOOOOO! I'm coming home! To Swaaaaan Driiiiiveeeee!" Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GTWSYQjrDU)

I bet I've forgotten some. And this is not scientific! It was through their Goodbye 20th Century album that I started listening to all of the outsider / avant composers, although these days I've moved back from the edge of it all a bit. Although I still listen to Fushitsusha every once I in a while and have got a Merzbow record somewhere (true story, I listened to it on 45RPM not knowing it was 33 and it was better, honest. The drumming!)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
CV question: Should I put the modules I studied on my course at Uni or just the name of the course and university?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I started at 5am today X(
but I finish at 1pm :D Gonna head into city centre and chill with the unemployed.
my sleeping pattern will be fucked tonight.

How's everyone here?

Ill, off work today with lurgy. But been good and actually rested. Just put the (g.) piggies in the run, love those guys! Mr Frank Orange is quite happy now to eat out of my hand and put his paws on my fingers while Dr Herbert Grey is happy to be picked up and stroked. They both have such different personalities. Mr. Orange is feisty, likes to pop out and say hello to everyone and hates, hates being picked up. Mr. Grey is a fatty who likes to go back to sleep whenever he's not needed. Watching them play chase with each other and squeak and pop is heartwarming.

Gonna log on the PS in a bit though, but outside of work hours because I feel like a guilty skiver otherwise.

Chillin with the unemployed?!

Thanks for this mush, now I know how fast we play it haha. Feels about 50bpm slower from the stage!

Is good. Play the Norf!

The_Poet

Banned
CV question: Should I put the modules I studied on my course at Uni or just the name of the course and university?

I put down a few modules that related to the company/job I was applying for. As well as individual grades for those modules and a line or two describing what I learned from it.

My current employers seemed to like it

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I put down a few modules that related to the company/job I was applying for. As well as individual grades for those modules and a line or two describing what I learned from it.

My current employers seemed to like it

Sounds good.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
anyone know if Eurogamer expo tickets are transferable? I have thursday & Friday early access ones via Virginmedia, but I just found out my son has an inset day on the Friday. So either I can't go on the Friday, or alternatively I might want another ticket and take him with me :)

they're all sold out on the website

Volotaire

I should have bought the EGX tickets earlier. The Virgin media half price offer is finished, and now the Sunday tickets are gone. I have Thursday. I wanted two days preferably.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
At home ill again. I feel like such a filthy skiver. I bloody hate having an emotional attachment to everything. It should be as simple as not well = don't go to work, get better = go back to work.

But no I have to sit here wondering if I should be making more of an effort, feeling guilty and of course like I'm going to get the sack for the fact that I am occasionally ill. Rubbish! Stupid work ethic, hate it. Yesterday even stopped myself from playing vidogams because it felt wrong to be doing it during office hours. :-(

Ridiculous!

8bit

Knows the Score
At home ill again. I feel like such a filthy skiver. I bloody hate having an emotional attachment to everything. It should be as simple as not well = don't go to work, get better = go back to work.

But no I have to sit here wondering if I should be making more of an effort, feeling guilty and of course like I'm going to get the sack for the fact that I am occasionally ill. Rubbish! Stupid work ethic, hate it. Yesterday even stopped myself from playing vidogams because it felt wrong to be doing it during office hours. :-(

Ridiculous!

If you're ill, stay at home and be ill doing whatever you need to feel better. Don't feel guilty about not going into the office especially if you're contagious or unable to concentrate on the tasks at hand. It's better to delay something by a couple of days than make a mistake IMO.

SmokyDave

Ridiculous!
Big wank, bacon sarnie, videogames. Let your conscience have a day off.

NinjaBoiX

Ridiculous!
I sometimes knock one out during office hours.

Feels good man.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
If you're ill, stay at home and be ill doing whatever you need to feel better. Don't feel guilty about not going into the office especially if you're contagious or unable to concentrate on the tasks at hand. It's better to delay something by a couple of days than make a mistake IMO.

Thanks. A nap and Diablo it is then. :)

Big wank, bacon sarnie, videogames. Let your conscience have a day off.

I sometimes knock one out during office hours.

Feels good man.

First thing that came to mind, eh! Thanks guys :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Ridiculous!

could be worse - you might not have earned your 3 days per year

Hello my rainy friends!

ManchesterGAF posting here for the first time. Anyone down to the Play Expo in a few weeks at Event City?

Hello and welcome!

There are usually loads of Mancs in here but it's a little quiet right now. I'm sure someone will answer your question soon!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man. SONIC TOOTH! I love C.I.S. loads! I just prefer Evol.

I've never really gotten that into Sister, apart from Schizophrenia. It's still good though. I'm going to do a list! I listen to only SY for a whole year! not an exaggeration! I even wrote a fan letter to Kim & Thurston...

Okay, you HAVE to share that.

Also, how could Thurston have an affair! SWINE.

For me:
Evol (all of it! and the perfect length)
Bad Moon Rising (brave men run)
Daydream Nation (all of it, although heresy it is a bit too long)
A Thousand Leaves (even if just for Hits of Sunshine. "The lights will blind us with blues in haiku.")
Washing Machine (not just for the Diamond Sea)
Sister
Confusion is Sex (you picked the good ones!)
Sonic Nurse (the album for my final year of smoking and a really good one)
Dirty (Theresa's soundworld!!!!)
NYC Ghosts & Flowers (even if just for the first song which is amazing, you've heard it right ? Free City Rhymes? It's amazing. It's like a big epic that never wakes up. Everyone should hear it (noise-averse folks, it does have a "song" after a few mins)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-axxQGPAk)
Rather Ripped
Goo (I know it's good, I just don't really listen to it)
Experimental Jet Set (although I still like Screaming Skull "Pat Smear!" and the last song, I can't remember the name. Sweet Shine. Kim's best lyric ever is about a minute and a half in "WOOOOOO! I'm coming home! To Swaaaaan Driiiiiveeeee!" Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GTWSYQjrDU)

Actually... that’s a bloody good list. Hits of Sunshine, Free City Rhymes, Death Valley ‘69 and Expressway to yr Skull are all personal favourites. World Looks Red still shits all over them XD

I bet I've forgotten some.

Ciccone Youth! XD

Doc_Drop

For some reason I did not see this glorious bastion of Britishness.

Ey up from NottsGAF, not sure I've seen too many others from around

Ta Duck!

NinjaBoiX

Hello my rainy friends!

ManchesterGAF posting here for the first time. Anyone down to the Play Expo in a few weeks at Event City?
Welcome fellow Mancunian!

I'd probably be up for this, could make a little meet out of it. Fancy it sploatee, show me your skeleton, CHEEZMO, Little Old Man, Hystzen, SteveWD40?

Sat 11th - Sun 12th October, Event City - Old Trafford.

Ta Duck!
Welcome to you too! New faces are good.

NinjaBoiX

Truth Mike, bunch of flakey fucks! But I'll be up for Saturday MikeyB, let's do it.

Also, anyone up for this? I missed out on tickets last time but:

rNSpzei.jpg

Marmozets and Royal Blood?

TMTGaK1.jpg

Ta Duck!

Welcome! Stick around, you'll like it in here I promise.

So I'm guessing they just approved another bunch of juniors then...

Against all odds and advices, I've decided to move to Bournemouth and study here for a year; the course was just that more interesting to me. Wish me luck gents. Does a Bournemouth-GAF even exist?

The_Poet

Banned
Against all odds and advices, I've decided to move to Bournemouth and study here for a year; the course was just that more interesting to me. Wish me luck gents. Does a Bournemouth-GAF even exist?

I think BournemouthGAF consists exclusively of me lol.

I moved down here for work last year. Its not bad! Lots of student bars in town

I think BournemouthGAF consists exclusively of me lol.

I moved down here for work last year. Its not bad! Lots of student bars in town

It's terribly expensive though - I had a pretty low budget for renting a room (400pcm), and the best I could find until today was a house up in the woods, with 5 cats living in it. God bless my new Chinese landlord, I'm moving tomorrow in Winton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom