• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

Much as I don't want to get involved, it's more like speed cameras than seatbelts.

Regardless, beat the charge by skateboarding everywhere.

Volotaire

All I want to say to avoid debate is unlucky you got that fine. It's higher than I thought, and top of a probable congestion charge, hard to swallow.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If I wasn't such a terrible morning person I would like to do 6-3 because you can have more of a day afterwords than getting off at 5 or 6. Congrats on your initiation to a 9 hour workday.

Vashetti

Banned
If I wasn't such a terrible morning person I would like to do 6-3 because you can have more of a day afterwords than getting off at 5 or 6. Congrats on your initiation to a 9 hour workday.

It is nice having the rest of the day, but I've just had two days off in a row, so to return on my first day to a 6am-3pm nearly killed me.

I've done 9 hour shifts before, but our hours went down recently to 4-5 hours shifts. I was supposed to do 6am-11am, but got asked to cover for someone else for extra pay so I immediately said yes. Plus I felt like they wouldn't say it, but it would go against me as me being unreliable to cover other people.

NinjaBoiX

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but the only way the LEZ makes any money is by people failing to comply to it.
While this is true, it also makes the assumption that people fail to comply by either choice or negligence.

If you drive a vehicle that is subject to the charge, then you have to pay it. It's not a punishment for failing to adhere to the rules.
It's like saying seat belts laws were primarily introduced to make money, the safety aspect of them was just an afterthought to make them socially acceptable.
Nah, that strikes me as a false equivalency. Self-preservation and that of loved ones is a basic human instinct rather than environmentally conscious behaviour that should be encouraged through fines.

No fine could sting as much as the loss of a loved one.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Low Emissions:

Playing the Unicorn in Camden tonight with Shitwife (Fackin told you, Jed!) if anyone is in the area and fancies watching a complete car crash of a band.

While this is true, it also makes the assumption that people fail to comply by either choice or negligence.

If you drive a vehicle that is subject to the charge, then you have to pay it. It's not a punishment for failing to adhere to the rules.

Actually that's exactly what it is. It's not a charge, it's a fine. You are not allowed to drive vehicles which do not comply with the low emissions inside the zone, end of.

NinjaBoiX

Playing the Unicorn in Camden tonight with Shitwife (Fackin told you, Jed!) if anyone is in the area and fancies watching a complete car crash of a band.
I want to see both of these bands!
Actually that's exactly what it is. It's not a charge, it's a fine. You are not allowed to drive vehicles which do not comply with the low emissions inside the zone, end of.
Um...

wrLZU70.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

omgomgomg you cunt

Dude I wish you'd given more notice on this, would've loved to go see you.

totally this! I would totally have come out to this. Shitwife alone is exciting to my genitals, you guys too would have put me right over the edge. How'd you get the show?

PS, check your van on the TFL sites before you get there (prob too late)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Dude I wish you'd given more notice on this, would've loved to go see you.

I'm a bit rubbish, this much is true.

Shitwife are amazing.

omgomgomg you cunt

totally this! I would totally have come out to this. Shitwife alone is exciting to my genitals, you guys too would have put me right over the edge. How'd you get the show?

PS, check your van on the TFL sites before you get there (prob too late)

I know the promoter. Shitwife are on first, for reasons unknown. Glad we're not following straight after, I would've cried.

We're in a car. ;) Unicorn has some nifty house equipment.

Um...

wrLZU70.jpg

Fair enough, I was unaware that you could pay a charge to drive in to the capital with an unallowed vehicle.

But Jed's was a fine.

I still stand by my point that the LEZ was introduced as a way to cut pollution, not a money making scheme.

Blink Me

My brother claims Newcastle is exactly like shown on Geordie Shore.

Newcastle's awesome I've been here a week with freshers flu and it's still more exciting than the whole of Norfolk has been this year. There are a lot of people with WW1 haircuts and shite tattoos though. And some of the drivers are insane.

NinjaBoiX

fuck me that is expensive by itself! And tbh I never would have thought we fell into the larger vans category, I would have thought it was a smaller van...
I know man, it's nuts.

To be fair, it would be preferable if it was an out and out ban, and you got fined for doing it like Musha said.

But it's more like "go right ahead and use the vehicle you need to use for your job, and the roads you need to use to get there, but just gimme some money!" It's kind of hard to buy into their environmentally friendly spiel when they allow it, as long as they got something out of it too.

It's a levy imposed for "undesirable" behaviour rather than a fine incurred for prohibited behavior.

In short, it's bullshit.

Reknoc

Ugh, no. It is so ugly and the PC text boxes/font look really ill-suited to it. I do respect that they made the game difficult because IV is maybe the least customisable final fantasy.

yea, well, blame the iOS version for the windows. I like the graphics though, low res textures aside, its rather cute. Certainly better than the PSP versions graphical update which I didn't like at all, but in retrospect is better than what they did the FFV.

Either way it's gameplay that matters most and the augment system and increased difficulty make it a much more enjoyable experience.

edit: so when are the other 2 FFXIII games coming to steam, I don't want XIII its fucking garbage and I already wasted like 20 hours of my life trying to get to the part where "it gets good" (spoiler: it didn't), but XIII-2 was somewhat enjoyable and I never played LR outside of the demo (which was okay)

jimbor

Banned
Lol at Jed/pfg getting a smacked arse for polluting my fine city, let that be a lesson to you.

It's purely a revenue generator and nothing to actually do with making London green, so take that double dose of shite!

I'm so glad I'm not a cynical bastard, the world is a much nicer place when you see the good in things instead of focusing on the bad.

I was going to properly review the 6 now I've used it a bit but I'm just going to get bored with the predictable Sah comments so I won't bother.

What can I talk about that won't result in unnecessary sarcastic comebacks......

Oh yeah, this is BritGaf, nothing.

Queue attempted humorous comments in 3.....2.....1

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm so glad I'm not a cynical bastard, the world is a much nicer place when you see the good in things instead of focusing on the bad.

I was going to properly review the 6 now I've used it a bit but I'm just going to get bored with the predictable Sah comments so I won't bother.

What can I talk about that won't result in unnecessary sarcastic comebacks......

Oh yeah, this is BritGaf, nothing.

Queue attempted humorous comments in 3.....2.....1

Aw mush :(

Is just the price we have to pay for liking iPhones these days, droid users are so abusive. How is the 6 then? What's different from the 5s?

CHEEZMO™;130754678 said:
I've been saying for years we should build a wall around London.

It was so weird to hear people calling for more devolved powers for London. I genuinely had to ask: More?!

The city of London won't be happy until they're completely a law unto themselves (if that isn't already the case).

NinjaBoiX

I've been hammering this all week, bloody marvellous it is:

ShFtHMk.jpg

The production is so smooth and her voice is lush, the way she alternates between soft and delicate then strong and assertive is great:

BANKS - Stick

Such a sexy record; deep, resonant basslines and seductive vibes abound.
Oh cry me a river Soturi, it's just a bit of banter for fuck's sake!

I thought you were bigger than this mate.

NinjaBoiX

What on Earth does "Sah" mean? I Googled "iPhone 6 sah" and, incredibly, didn't get any relevant results.
This guy SuperSah who used to post got really excited about his new Samsung Note 3™ and posted about it all the time. It was quite endearing really, he's only young and was clearly over the moon with it as it was his first phone I believe.

It was just a daft callback gag, I'm sure no offence was intended.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
This guy SuperSah who used to post got really excited about his new Samsung Note 3™ and posted about it all the time. It was quite endearing really, he's only young and was clearly over the moon with it as it was his first phone I believe.

It was just a daft callback gag, I'm sure no offence was intended.
You sure it doesn't have anything to do with this guy?

eieidoh_15.jpg

SmokyDave

Don't make me start banging heads together.

...particularly since the only ones available right now belong to me and the missus. No, wait, that's not how metaphors work, is it?

Fucked if I know.

I wish I had an iPhone 6. Can't really justify upgrading from my 5S though :(

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Same. Probably more trouble than it is worth right now. Why fall prey to the consumerist mantra of "gotta have more" if what I have now works?

Also musha iPhone users gotta take the heat on this board it's the name of the game. When your phone is superior to everything else out there, you're gonna have a lot of jealous haters.

NinjaBoiX

Lmao, you think I'm being serious, that's cute.
PZmzW8C.gif

Oh come on man, you were clearly serious! Jed thought the same and I'd like to think we know you fairly well at this point Mush.

I get that you want to save face and play it off dismissively, but it's not the first time you've thrown a bit of a strop in here or what'sapp over some well meaning banter or something you just didn't take kindly to. Just sayin' innit.

Let's all just be pals and talk about videogames and iPhones and stuff.

:p

(No beef Mush, for reals. I feel like things got a bit heated with the whole LEZ thing yesterday! Sorry if the discussion came across a bit pointed towards you rather than the actual issue, that wasn't my intention. I can come across quite abrasive at times, I've been told that by many people.)

:|

Anyway, I feel like I've been a bit of a dick to you lately. My bad bro.
It is pretty cool like, a had a play with my mate's yesterday. The design is typically slick too, I love the rounded edges, much nicer to hold.

He got it in gold though...

E8UyM2I.png

Anyway, last night at work until Wednesday! Yay! It's been a long fucking week man, barely any sleep and work, work, work. But I've got a four day weekend coming up to chill with my peeps back home so mustn't grumble.

:D

Hystzen

Man shows how long not bothered with Afflecks palace they have a shop where can buy anime body pillows. Tend to avoid northern quarter anyway only go to forbidden planet that's it.

Auctopus

I've been hammering this all week, bloody marvellous it is:

ShFtHMk.jpg

The production is so smooth and her voice is lush, the way she alternates between soft and delicate then strong and assertive is great:

BANKS - Stick

Such a sexy record; deep, resonant basslines and seductive vibes abound.

Oh cry me a river Soturi, it's just a bit of banter for fuck's sake!

I thought you were bigger than this mate.

Loved the first EP, especially 'Waiting Game' but couldn't manage to get past the first half of the record due to samey-ness. Am planning on trying again in the colder months, she's stupidly pretty as well.

NinjaBoiX

Man shows how long not bothered with Afflecks palace they have a shop where can buy anime body pillows. Tend to avoid northern quarter anyway only go to forbidden planet that's it.
You're doing life wrong breh, Northern Quarter is the place to be. Having said that, it's mainly bars, clubs and restaurants so I can see it not being everyone's particular cup of skinny hazelnut Chai latte.

But you should check out Bags of Flavour next time you're in, it's a second hand clothing/80's bric-a-brac shop. It's worth going in just to see the attempts to justify their inflated price tags. I saw a really nice vintage Adidas funnel neck jacket, looked at the handwritten label which said:

"Rare size - £95"

It was a medium, lol.
Loved the first EP, especially 'Waiting Game' but couldn't manage to get past the first half of the record due to samey-ness. Am planning on trying again in the colder months, she's stupidly pretty as well.
Yeah, I can see that. I thought the same, there are a lot of "similar themes" to put a positive spin on it. But I got the special edition with tracks from her Fall Over and London EP's, so I got "Before I Ever Met You" and "Bedroom Wall", which are probably my two favourite tracks of hers. A fellow britgaf bro turned me onto her stuff months ago.

Thanks Mikeside. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom