• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I made a conscious decision to listen to the radio it was Classical FM. I don't think Sam Smith or Lorde fit the bill there.

Heard a bit of Lorde though, sounded like miserable dogshit best listened to in a garage slowly filling with carbon monoxide.

NinjaBoiX

Who even uses the dashboard in OS X any more?

I thought Lorde was that Finnish Rock/Metal/Grunge/whatever group who won Eurovision year ago.
Ironically she was awarded "Best Rock Track" at the Billboard Awards last year:

puLvxvP.jpg

lol

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Which one is Rudimental? I hear he's sick .

Just to be crotchety, I listened to Bob Dylan's It's Alright Ma this morning. These kids should listen to it and stop making music.

The_Poet

Banned
National radio is universally shite.

I tried to listen to radio 1 the other day and they had a section where teenagers call in and complain about their 1st world problems, and its not done in a comedic way. These kids are complaining about their dads not letting them go out until they do their homework, I don't want to listen to angsty teen problems in the morning.

This was all followed by a David Baguetta song and I promptly turned it off.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I tried to listen to radio 1 the other day and they had a section where teenagers call in and complain about their 1st world problems, and its not done in a comedic way. These kids are complaining about their dads not letting them go out until they do their homework, I don't want to listen to angsty teen problems in the morning.

The hot new things will all pass. I think I've lived through enough musical trends to realise that most of it is just shallow crap which nobody will remember or care about (apart from NOW best of the teenies!).

It might just be a comfort blanket thing but I'm listening to loads of Sam Cooke , Roy Orbison , Stax type things as well as Dylan and Hendrix and the stuff on the radio just sounds like vocaloid noise to me.

Sheeran's the ginger one who I went to school with and was rude to my sister so was a knob. Pretends to be all cool and hip and gangster but yeah Suffolk's not like that the ghetto of Framlingham my arse and he auditioned for Britannia High so he's so independent
to be fair, sheeran must be a good songwriter to come up with his latest single, the ludicrous work of fiction that is some girl wanting to sleep with him.

'lordi of the rings' needs to be a thing. maybe a cover band.

SmokyDave

I'm with you Sploat. I know it makes me a miserable bastard but I'd rather just stick with Joan Baez and Nina Simone than listen to any of the vaguely melodic talking calculator bollocks that the missus digs.

I work at a radio company (well, web/tech/apps, but exclusively radio) so I listen to a *lot* of radio.

Unfortunately Radio 1 appear to have followed up Even More Music month with Even More Fearne Cotton Speaking Month which is no good. Ah well back to XFM until lunch.
You can be forgiven then. It's your job.

I made the mistake of trying to be down with the kids and watching festival coverage. Sam Smith was all over that shit like an STD, hotly followed by narrow-shouldered 'dance act' Disclosure who would feature Sam Smith.

I saw Lorde once on the one show.

Dashboard is commercial emo from the early 2000s. he's like the anti-Jonah Matranga (reference that only Mike will get)
You, on the other hand, need to learn your place. Stop trying to be down with the kids, lest you never come back up!

Fucking 'Dashboard Confessional'. What bollocks. Whatever happened to sensible names like 'Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band'?

RiggyRob

How old are you people?

Which one is Rudimental? I hear he's sick .

Just to be crotchety, I listened to Bob Dylan's It's Alright Ma this morning. These kids should listen to it and stop making music.

Rudimental's a band - if you're thinking of Not Giving In or Feel the Love, that's John Newman:

Sam Smith is this dude:

Jesus, I didn't realise how much they look the same. I think it's the shit haircuts.

I have shit taste in music, but I don't care, I enjoy listening to pop. Budapest by George Ezra is pretty cool.

NinjaBoiX

That section called "Sweat The Small Stuff"? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's meant to be an ironic segment, just a hunch.

Skele7on

Banned
So I work in IT yet have put up two work benches and some shelves today.

I do not do DIY in my own home so I am now scared that my handy work is gonna kill someone.

*shrug* I'm pretty sure if someone is injured I will get partly blamed for it.

NormSign.gif

Also how broken was PSN last night for voice chat and friend requests again.....

Ended up playing Destiny on xbox.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How do you deal with the smell emitted from the person you leave hanging on your wall? I hang one of those pine tree tags from their nose.

Mikeside

How old are you people?

Rudimental's a band - if you're thinking of Not Giving In or Feel the Love, that's John Newman:

Sam Smith is this dude:

Jesus, I didn't realise how much they look the same. I think it's the shit haircuts.

I have shit taste in music, but I don't care, I enjoy listening to pop. Budapest by George Ezra is pretty cool.

Old enough to know better than to listen to bullshit kids music.
Though there are still some of us who don't like radiohead so clearly we've not weeded out all the thick fuckknuckles yet

I think they're more for some specific teenage boys tbh.

:-( I thought the slightly-chubby potato-faced look was "in" right now, and that I'd actually been walking around looking really trendy this whole time and not noticing.

I mean if gay teenagers have been looking at me and thinking I'm hot, that's...good, I guess? I suppose I wasn't going to do anything anyway if it was teenage girls so qu'est-ce que le difference?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Radiohead? More like Radiodread-ing the idea of having to listen to another one of their songs.

While I agree with your point, the pun was terrible....

MKaAZKz.gif

Video killed the Radio....head....star....

All we hear is...Radio Head Head...

Dammit, I got nothing.
Fuck you Yorke.

Radiodread?

Every time I hear one of their songs I go to sleep. Radiobed.

Adding names to my list.

SKINNER!

Banned
Dat feeling when you go to Q&A after dishing out a flawless presentation and some business guy askes a convoluted question

SKBjVWM.gif

*silence*

(pleasesomeonerespondpleasesomeonerespondpleasesomeonerespond)

Me: Uuugh, I actually don-

Colleague: Sorry to interrupt but I think the blah blah blah

(Thank fuck!)

Skele7on

Banned
I listened to the single yesterday, it's very poppy innit. I do like some Jerry though.

It's not that it's poppy, I liked the last MCR album, but the first track on the album is awful.

I have skipped it and will listen to the rest and see if it is any good.

Will report back.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I tell you. I saw these two guys hugging in the street earlier. I think they might have been stoned. My god, it stank. My, my. Chemical Bromance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom