• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
Talking of iOS, what would be a good game for my mother for her iPad. She hasn't played like one single game in her life. I tried Tetris out and it was just a pain to play since tapping = rotate so when you tap to swipe a piece in one direction it will also rotate meaning you can have your plan completely messed up at the last moment. Damn shame I missed that Ghost Trick sale.

Angry Birds is usually the gateway drug for non-gamers, but something less actiony and more thinky like Spelltower, Wordament or Where's My Water? might be more suitable. Otherwise Ridiculous Fishing.

Reknoc

Talking of iOS, what would be a good game for my mother for her iPad. She hasn't played like one single game in her life. I tried Tetris out and it was just a pain to play since tapping = rotate so when you tap to swipe a piece in one direction it will also rotate meaning you can have your plan completely messed up at the last moment. Damn shame I missed that Ghost Trick sale.

Phoenix Wright

Symphonia

Banned
Anything but Candy Crush.

But seriously, Candy Crush.

I'm hilarious.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
the-innocent-978033052032401.jpg

Currently reading this and it's pretty awesome, the two main characters are a 40 yr old dude and a 14 year old girl and they totally have ellie and joel vibe from tlou about them

robbaz, what a legend

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck you.

Really.

Commando lunge noobs killed that game for me, broken as fuck it was.

I like to think I started that craze. You're welcome.

EDIT: Throwing knives took skill, sir. Skill, I say!

Let's be fair though, you had guns. Not my fault you couldn't kill me as I did super fast laps of the level. The real sticking point (haha) for people was when I used to say "knifey, knifey" with every kill in the most irritating way possible. Their aggravated screams were my milk.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I like to think I started that craze. You're welcome.

EDIT: Throwing knives took skill, sir. Skill, I say!

Let's be fair though, you had guns. Not my fault you couldn't kill me as I did super fast laps of the level. The real sticking point (haha) for people was when I used to say "knifey, knifey" with every kill in the most irritating way possible. Their aggravated screams were my milk.

Aggravated screams are my faves. I like how in GTAO, even if you have everyone muted, it will let you hear 2 seconds of someone's mic after you kill them. So it's hilarious to be trolling someone and every time you kill them you hear this angry little german kid getting more and more worked up "NEIIN!!!" hahaha.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Aggravated screams are my faves. I like how in GTAO, even if you have everyone muted, it will let you hear 2 seconds of someone's mic after you kill them. So it's hilarious to be trolling someone and every time you kill them you hear this angry little german kid getting more and more worked up "NEIIN!!!" hahaha.

GTA:O is a trolling dream if you have the cash.

Your Cargobob adventures did make me laugh and inspired me to steal player's cars and leave them on their own rooftops. So near, yet so far.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
GTA:O is a trolling dream if you have the cash. Your Cargobob adventures did make me laugh and inspired me to steal player's cars and leave them on their own rooftops. So near, yet so far.

btw you can buy a cargobob via a sneaky trick. Only 150k as well, super bargain for all that fun. GTAO is especially fun now I have a fully upgraded Adder, great for drivebys and then getting the fuck outta dodge before they catch you. I am a massive dick to everyone in that game.

I had a wonderful chase at the weekend where this dude was trying to catch me in my hot pink Adder. Led him on a crazy route around the city exchanging auto fire before driving though a petrol station, flinging a sticky out the window and looking back for the explosion to see his car obliterated like a Michael Bay wet dream. So smooth, so fast, so cunty.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You're evil incarnate.

I do try, but...

btw you can buy a cargobob via a sneaky trick. Only 150k as well, super bargain for all that fun. GTAO is especially fun now I have a fully upgraded Adder, great for drivebys and then getting the fuck outta dodge before they catch you. I am a massive dick to everyone in that game.

I had a wonderful chase at the weekend where this dude was trying to catch me in my hot pink Adder. Led him on a crazy route around the city exchanging auto fire before driving though a petrol station, flinging a sticky out the window and looking back for the explosion to see his car obliterated like a Michael Bay wet dream. So smooth, so fast, so cunty.

...this guy is on another level. Amazing.

Symphonia

Banned
The BRITGAF Crew look after their own, son. Everyone else is - as the Scientologists put it - "fair game, bitches".
I still can't help but think that you and certain others would feel a sense of enjoyment as you pick me and my Adder up with a Cargobob and drop me in the middle of the ocean or over the top of Mount Chiliad, ahaha.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I want to meet Wiseblade ):

Are you coming to Hypespotting?

That would be nice, but it's far too far for me to spectate (I don't play, I'm sometimes asked to partake as part of "cannon fodder", though since Triple Threat has become more popular in recent years that hasn't been necessary for a long time now)

Would be a nice excuse to go visit, though - I've never been to Scotland.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't help but think that you and certain others would feel a sense of enjoyment as you pick me and my Adder up with a Cargobob and drop me in the middle of the ocean or over the top of Mount Chiliad, ahaha.

"I would only get enjoyment from it if you were screaming at me to stop."

- John Leslie

Man, haven't GTAO since November.

I haven't plugged my PS3 in since I got my PS4, I really should get back into it because it was quite fun. My backlog is fucking ridiculous at the moment now that I have my Vita to compound the issues. I still need to complete Persona 3 and Guacamelee and Tearaway and Gravity Rush, I still haven't completed Killzone Shadowfall, I've barely touched Knack and I played Assassin's Creed: Black Flag for a couple of hours.

Why can't I just win the lottery so I can finish these games while the maids clean my man boobs with a rag on a stick

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Being dropped off on top of Chiliad is a treat man, you should be so lucky! When I played with Mike I carried him around and he shot at people from the car, hilarious times.

PS3 here though.

"I would only get enjoyment from it if you were screaming at me to stop."

- John Leslie

lmao

Son Of D

Still haven't played GTA V. Waiting for that PC version if/when it ever gets released. Also just ordered The Last of Us. I'm going to ignore the GAF hype for that one since I know that if I do then I'll have incredibly high expectations.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I would get that Last of Us PS3 bundle but I don't really fancy GT5. Not a big fan of racing sims. Rather they cut the price by £20 to be honest and just gave me the one game.

Blink Me

Still haven't played GTA V. Waiting for that PC version if/when it ever gets released. Also just ordered The Last of Us. I'm going to ignore the GAF hype for that one since I know that if I do then I'll have incredibly high expectations.

I don't think The Last of Us is that amazing to be fair. I have more fun exploring the areas you go to rather than the gun battles/stealth sections which give me ball ache.

Symphonia

Banned
I got the 500GB PS3 super slim with GTA V and TLoU. One of the best decisions I made. It sucks you can't use your PSN across the board...or can you?

NinjaBoiX

Cyanide, your PSN ID is exactly that, your Playstation Network ID. It is recognised on any device connected to the network.

Edit: Jed, I'd be up for some GTAO. I have barely touched it, or the story to be fair! I have too much stuff to play, I will never play it all.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
All this GTA talk is making my thumbs itch. We need to get as many folks together as possible for a PS3 session one evening/weekend/blue moon. We never did it. I have so many cool toys and ideas for games to play in it.

imagine - synchronised flying and skydiving, scavenger hunts, epic races up mount Chiliad, cars vs planes destruction derby, holding off against the cops in epic firefights... too much fun

Symphonia

Banned
Cyanide, your PSN ID is exactly that, your Playstation Network ID. It is recognised on any device connected to the network.
So I can login on PS4 using the PSN I signed up with on PS3 and play people who are using PS3? Or do they need a PS4? For example, if I was to play GTAO on my PS4, would I be able to play online with others or would I still need to use my PS3?

/noob

So I can login on PS4 using the PSN I signed up with on PS3 and play people who are using PS3? Or do they need a PS4? For example, if I was to play GTAO on my PS4, would I be able to play online with others or would I still need to use my PS3?

/noob

Well you wouldn't be able to play GTA Online on your PS4 because it's on PS3/360. Those of us talking about playing it will be dusting off our PS3s.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

/noob

Try putting your GTA disc in the PS4, come back and report what happens.

non-sarky answer - I don't know how GTAO will work if/when they release it for PS4, but you need to play PS3 games on your PS3. Network ID should work across all your PS devices though.

I haven't played GTAO in so long, didn't they give every player $100,000 to compensate for the early crashes and whatnot? I might have a bit of virtual cash kicking around then, but I'm only level 8 or 9 so it's not like I can suddenly afford the great guns that are level locked.

Also, in my attempt to craft a character that looked like me I made a dead ringer for Ewen Bremner. This became more entertaining when i realised you could change your character's default expression to angry/sad etc. Smug is funniest though. I'm a big fan of the police baton, so ambushing some kid who just held up a convenience store and beating him mercilessly with the baton while looking smug is just hilarious.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Broke a self checkout machine (well caused them to have to open it up). Apparently £15 change was just a bit too much for it to cope with.

Wasn't the GTO character creator a big convoluted disappointment?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, I hope all you guys have a really, really, REALLY good fucking time.

We totally will. You can skype in maybe to hear our magical banter

I haven't played GTAO in so long, didn't they give every player $100,000 to compensate for the early crashes and whatnot? I might have a bit of virtual cash kicking around then, but I'm only level 8 or 9 so it's not like I can suddenly afford the great guns that are level locked.

Also, in my attempt to craft a character that looked like me I made a dead ringer for Ewen Bremner. This became more entertaining when i realised you could change your character's default expression to angry/sad etc. Smug is funniest though. I'm a big fan of the police baton, so ambushing some kid who just held up a convenience store and beating him mercilessly with the baton while looking smug is just hilarious.

I think if we were to play as a group I could lend out my cars and shit. Maybe even guns too, I'm sure you can drop them. Also I know some shortcuts to make some decent money very quickly on an easy mission (15k a pop)

Broke a self checkout machine (well caused them to have to open it up). Apparently £15 change was just a bit too much for it to cope with.

Is it me or are you a bit more aggro this year? The year of BGBW not taking no shit.

And yeah, the CC sucked ass, John Marston has lots and lots of kids it seems.

For some perhaps. It was certainly different anyway.

Also, Screaming Meat, what kind of Turbo Pleb doesn't own a PS3 in this day and age?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

$500,000, I believe.

Great on paper, terrible in execution. My dude looks exactly like a young Niko, so I was happy.

Also, Screaming Meat, what kind of Turbo Pleb doesn't own a PS3 in this day and age?

*raises hand*

I bricked mine playing RDR.

I wish "Turbo Pleb" was my tag.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
(The PS3 port of RDR was poo.)

This is what sucks. There are PS3 games that interest me, but all the multiplatform games perform badly compared to the 360 versions.

Maybe if I can find a 360 for £3.60 in Oxfam I'll get one for the few games that are not on PC.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I really want a tag, but I've given up of the idea, I get you have to be in the right place at the right time, but why the hell do people like devo get a tag change every week (;へ:)

Also I finished my book and the ending wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, it just kinda waited till I had 20 pages left to solve the mystery tie all the loose ends and shit and was bit anticlimactic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom