• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Poet

Banned
Would love to hear the editorial conversations at the Star. Like, is the Star actually a clever satire on the tabloid scene? Is Armando Iannucci actually their EIC?

I'm still upset about them for lying repeatedly that there was a Kelly Brook sextape, wasting my valuable time.

Im going to be massively upset if that crab isnt real, imagine how juicy those claws would be with a bit of garlic butter.

Shame its the worlds worst photoshop job

Skele7on

Banned
Giant Crabs, god damn it Katie Price.. Look what you did.

Also WHAT THE FUCK, is all this noise about these black eyed ghost children?

I legitimately thought they were hyping some shit movie that was coming out for Halloween.

PS WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO BOB THE BUILDER?

Today this thread has blowwwnn myyyy mind.

are crabs like lobsters in the sense that they continuously grow until they die? there was a gigantic lobster that was going to be sold at a restaurant in america before protesters stopped it, as the thing was older than the country itself.

SmokyDave

Would love to hear the editorial conversations at the Star. Like, is the Star actually a clever satire on the tabloid scene? Is Armando Iannucci actually their EIC?

I'm still upset about them for lying repeatedly that there was a Kelly Brook sextape, wasting my valuable time.
I seriously need to start picking it up, it looks fucking great. Like Private Eye for plebs.

RiggyRob

When did graduate roles morph into 3 year internships? Seems like almost every company I talked to today would take you on for a 12 to 36 month 'training' role, possibly with job rotations.

Not that I'm complaining, just seems a little strange they'd ask you to sign on for such a long period of time.

When did graduate roles morph into 3 year internships? Seems like almost every company I talked to today would take you on for a 12 to 36 month 'training' role, possibly with job rotations.

Not that I'm complaining, just seems a little strange they'd ask you to sign on for such a long period of time.

Because you can legally pay much less if it's an internship, I'd guess?

SmokyDave

MS vs Sony rivalry heating up over on gaming side. It's like watching two groups of idiots scrapping over smoked bacon vs unsmoked. It's all fucking bacon.

SmokyDave

In America they only believe in one type of bacon.
tumblr_ltfahoZ9mp1qdnki4o1_500.jpg

Land of the fucking free my arse.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Although, the fact that it's a jpg is making my brain scream.

Simple explanation: the data of the image is still that of a gif, the jpg extension is basically an instruction for what to do with the file. So despite the common imgur bug of giving gifs jpg file extensions, the data will still work as intended. So if you saved the image as a txt file and opened it, the computer would open it with the programme associate with txt files, but if you opened the image manually in a browser you'd see if still works as a gif.

SmokyDave

Simple explanation: the data of the image is still that of a gif, the jpg extension is basically an instruction for what to do with the file. So despite the common imgur bug of giving gifs jpg file extensions, the data will still work as intended. So if you saved the image as a txt file and opened it, the computer would open it with the programme associate with txt files, but if you opened the image manually in a browser you'd see if still works as a gif.
You got a simpler explanation to hand?

(I'm kidding, I get it. Cheers!)

Figured that would polish your trumpet David. Me too, she so fine:

-Fit
-Cute
-Cool tatts
-Funky, unusual hair
-Innate talent for something

:p
Mmm Hmm. Not my normal type, but I'm adaptable. I've never wanted a native iOS gif viewer so badly.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Once again, not even a peep of an invite for the raid. 😢

That's it. I'm going to form a group of Spanish raiders because they'll have better accents anyway. *shakes fist*

i wouldn't have been able to do it anyway.BUT ITS NOT THE POINT. AM I NOT BRITGAF? DO I NOT NERD????

jimbor

Banned

That's it. I'm going to form a group of Spanish raiders because they'll have better accents anyway. *shakes fist*

i wouldn't have been able to do it anyway.BUT ITS NOT THE POINT. AM I NOT BRITGAF? DO I NOT NERD????
Invite me for a raod on Thursday/Saturday.

SmokyDave

Race threads on GAF are terrifying. Hope it's not a perma.
The golden rule is to remember to view everything through an American cultural lens. Once you read 'white people' as 'stereotypical white American middle class males', they're a lot easier to navigate.

It is getting to a point where the new golden rule will be 'stay the fuck away from any thread dealing with race or gender' though.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The golden rule is to remember to view everything through an American cultural lens. Once you read 'white people' as 'stereotypical white American middle class males', they're a lot easier to navigate.

It is getting to a point where the new golden rule will be 'stay the fuck away from any thread dealing with race or gender' though.

Yeah I'm slowly transitioning towards that view myself. If only because I think GAF is making me more racist, not less.

Also, this is my cisgendered white male privilege talking I'm sure, but those conversations are just soooooo fuckingggggg borrrrrrring. Nowt I can do to stop people being bigoted besides my own actions, all this theory and bickering is meaningless hot air. It's neither interesting, thought provoking or (allowed to be) funny.

The_Poet

Banned
Yeah I'm slowly transitioning towards that view myself. If only because I think GAF is making me more racist, not less.

Also, this is my cisgendered white male privilege talking I'm sure, but those conversations are just soooooo fuckingggggg borrrrrrring. Nowt I can do to stop people being bigoted besides my own actions, all this theory and bickering is meaningless hot air. It's neither interesting, thought provoking or (allowed to be) funny.

This is what gets me.

I have to bite my tongue (fingers?) and not reply to those threads with something funny as everything has to be told in deadly serious legalese, correctly punctuated and with any hint of colour (in the creative sense) taken out of every sentence. I'm a believer that nothing should be exempt from comedy.

SmokyDave

Same here. I've noticed that my evening conversations with the missus have become far more 'bawdy' as I blow off the steam accumulated reading all this hand-wringing bullshit of late.

It's so bizarre knowing that how I am in real life, and knowing that to a huge portion of Tumblr-GAF I'm a racist mysoginist. It's just a thoroughly fake bubble on here constantly dissecting theoretical offences until they're driven into the ground and everyone hates everyone else.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This is what gets me.

I have to bite my tongue (fingers?) and not reply to those threads with something funny as everything has to be told in deadly serious legalese, correctly punctuated and with any hint of colour (in the creative sense) taken out of every sentence. I'm a believer that nothing should be exempt from comedy.

Same here. I've noticed that my evening conversations with the missus have become far more 'bawdy' as I blow off the steam accumulated reading all this hand-wringing bullshit of late.

It's so bizarre knowing that how I am in real life, and knowing that to a huge portion of Tumblr-GAF I'm a racist mysoginist. It's just a thoroughly fake bubble on here constantly dissecting theoretical offences until they're driven into the ground and everyone hates everyone else.

Totally, the other day I found myself in one of those threads writing what I thought would be a fairly simple point that bloated out to multiple paragraphs with all the disclaimers and including the various exceptions and caveats. Yawn.

I guess that's the problem with a big community and moderating it. Gotta keep it fairly inoffensive. Which is a shame because it's the cartoonishly offensive stuff that makes me laugh most.

Gawd bless Whatsapp.

Skele7on

Banned
Ninja thanks for the name.. Also the pics in the thread got seen by someone at my work, all I got was a "nicccceee"

I have a secondary character that I can raid with you guys with.....

Also dear lord, that TLOU thread, sometimes I feel that certain members of GAF openly look for shock values.
As I was playing the game I didn't go "oh that black dude died" I was engaged enough to be like "that person died"
I always just stalk those threads as I'm not suicidal enough to post in them.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Totally, the other day I found myself in one of those threads writing what I thought would be a fairly simple point that bloated out to multiple paragraphs with all the disclaimers and including the various exceptions and caveats. Yawn.

I guess that's the problem with a big community and moderating it. Gotta keep it fairly inoffensive. Which is a shame because it's the cartoonishly offensive stuff that makes me laugh most.

Gawd bless Whatsapp.

I think it's an American thing. I'm about as queer as they come. Hell if I could define myself as no fixed gender I would (although it would make form filling and human interaction pretty tricky) but I find the super serious discussion of race, gender, sexuality, feminism etc super super boring and pointless. I live it every day so why do I have to talk about it? And why can't people take the piss out of it? I want to take the piss out of them for being dirty boring breeders who wish they could try bumsex.

Ninja thanks for the name.. Also the pics in the thread got seen by someone at my work, all I got was a "nicccceee"

I have a secondary character that I can raid with you guys with.....

Also dear lord, that TLOU thread, sometimes I feel that certain members of GAF openly look for shock values.
As I was playing the game I didn't go "oh that black dude died" I was engaged enough to be like "that person died"
I always just stalk those threads as I'm not suicidal enough to post in them.

RAID POSSE ARE YOU READY

TO RAID

YO YO YO

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I think it's an American thing. I'm about as queer as they come. Hell if I could define myself as no fixed gender I would (although it would make form filling and human interaction pretty tricky) but I find the super serious discussion of race, gender, sexuality, feminism etc super super boring and pointless. I live it every day so why do I have to talk about it? And why can't people take the piss out of it? I want to take the piss out of them for being dirty boring breeders who wish they could try bumsex.

RAID POSSE ARE YOU READY

TO RAID

YO YO YO

You just described Mikeside.

SmokyDave

I believe this is where I'm supposed to place a humorous image overlaid with a hashtag that implies I have become deceased. Suffice to say I chuckled heartily.

I'm reporting you for discriminating against me.

Just because I don't like butts (because poo) doesn't make me a figure of fun
No, I'm afraid that's exactly what it does. Pooboy.

Mikeside

I believe this is where I'm supposed to place a humorous image overlaid with a hashtag that implies I have become deceased. Suffice to say I chuckled heartily.

No, I'm afraid that's exactly what it does. Pooboy.

If anything you lot are the pooboys, you dirty buttstuffers

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
manchester people:
let's stop talking about bums and talk about nice places in the city to live/rent. one or two bedrooms, max, so nothing fancy pants. go go go go!

Ok!

So there's this game called Destiny.

Have you ever heard of this musician called Prince?

And these things called JRPGs? They're not real games made for weirdos.

SmokyDave

JRPGs are good, you unreconstructed racist. Old JRPGs at least.
JRPGs fucking suck. I keep looking at P4G and FFXHD/2 on my Vita memory card and seething. Why must such lengthy handheld games be in such a painfully shit genre?

Still, I'm going to take one last swing at 'em while I'm on holiday. If I haven't finished either by the new year then I'm never buying another JRPG again.

Western games > Japanese games.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
JRPGs fucking suck. I keep looking at P4G and FFXHD/2 on my Vita memory card and seething. Why must such lengthy handheld games be in such a painfully shit genre?

Still, I'm going to take one last swing at 'em while I'm on holiday. If I haven't finished either by the new year then I'm never buying another JRPG again.

Western games > Japanese games.

I see what you're saying BUT I don't find there are many other games out there with the specific kind of pacing you get from a JRPG (bear in mind that I've not played anything after FF7 so far, so PS2/3 era games are beyond my remit for the moment). That pick up and play vibe of "get a bit of story, do some turn based fights, wander around a bit" isn't found anywhere else. I like how stress free they mostly are. I wish the writing was better though. The Japanese (RACIAL GENERALISATION ALERT) seem to do interesting PLOTS but godawful dialogue and characters. Melodrama on 11. All the subtlety of a brick to the teeth.

And where's Mush?

And Steve?

Hmm yeah. I wonder if Mush is busy/ill or if we just pissed her off too much last week.

I just saw Steve in an MGS thread.

I think eventually, most sane people will get tired of our shit and leave. We can't blame them, we can only remember their like and drink to fallen comrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom